Welcome to WPO.

Now fuck off.

t

nableezy
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: nableezy

Re: Wikipedia exposed on r/Destiny

Unread post by nableezy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 am

Fanbois of Destiny lol, the guy that quite literally couldn’t hold Norman Finkelsteins jock strap much less debate him on the topic. It’s wild how many people think some idiot gamer is somehow an expert on literally any topic besides how do you get morons to support your lifestyle without you doing anything of any worth at all.

ScotFinnRadish
Regular
Wikipedia User: ScottishFinnishRadish
Actual Name: Stephen Root Vegetable

Unread post by ScotFinnRadish » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:28 am

I thought I was the only body on Wikipedia that regulated the conduct in that topic. :sadbanana:

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:04 am

*struggling to care about this subreddit*

*failing to care*

ERROR 555666555: FUCKS GIVEN NOT FOUND

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Kraken
Banned

Unread post by Kraken » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:28 am

The rise of the Homeland Party can't be directly attributed to the fascist takeover of Croatian Wikipedia - other far-right parties in Europe arose around the same time for a variety of factors. However, the fascist takeover almost certainly did poison the thinking of hundreds of thousands of young Croats who used Croatian Wikipedia every day.
And if they were, which is a mighty big if, what might the fascists have at their disposal to turn young impressionable Croats against the state of Israel?

Could it be their own history of having been invaded by an aggressive neighbor intent on taking their land and committing acts of genocide against the people who lived there, causing the mass displacement of refugees that lasts a generation.

All justified through historical claims that don't mean a damn thing except in the fever dreams of their enemies most zealous elements, to flout all the norms of International law, including the laws of war. Committed by a regime whose military and civilian leaders justified their acts on TV with blatant propaganda.

A regime whose leaders quite rightly rotted in jail for their crimes against humanity, once the International courts of justice took them into custody.

I mean, what could Israel possibly even have as an argument to make to the Croats they they deserve even an ounce of sympathy, much less the incredible advantage of their current war being seen as an act of self defence?

The very last thing Israel needs to do is point out what happens when the world is blind to the suffering of the people who have the smaller army and population in such a war.

Israel is stupid if it genuinely doesn't know what the Croats did to finally rid themselves of their aggressive neighbor as a threat to their security, their very existence. As well as using their very survival as a motivator to develop a very lethal military response, it mobilized world opinion that quite literally bombed the aggressor to the negotiating table.

In a startling sign of their own lack of awareness of their own history, it was pictures of modern day concentration camps, and the images of a civilian population hit by famine and pestilence as well as the terrifying mutilations of indiscriminate weapons, surrounded on all sides by ruins, that really hit hard on the world stage, in particular in the minds of Europeans and Americans.

I dare say if Wikipedia had been around at the time, the aggressors would have been making the same arguments about how unfair it all is. And people would ignore it as the transparent lies of a bunch of baby killing bastards who want to rule the world, or at least their tiny part of it.

I dare say if you looked hard enough, there will even be some on the other side who made the argument this was a defensive war, and they had the absolute right to self defence, and at no point did they ever violate International law.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

natoid_23
Banned

Unread post by natoid_23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm

Israel did nothing wrong!!! There is no genocide and I know about Israeli history. They’re doing the right thing.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm

The problem with your analysis, Crow, fairly accurate as it is, is that it glides over the usual way in which bad things get done: a part of one group misbehaves, a part of another group misbehaves back, and then once the consequences are serious the whole of both groups justify their behavior based on the worst of the other groups behavior and the best of their own.
Last edited by The Blue Newt on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm

natoid_23 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm
Israel did nothing wrong!!! There is no genocide and I know about Israeli history. They’re doing the right thing.
Natoid, meet Bit Bucket. Bit Bucket, Natoid.

natoid_23
Banned

Unread post by natoid_23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:40 pm

nableezy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 am
Fanbois of Destiny lol, the guy that quite literally couldn’t hold Norman Finkelsteins jock strap much less debate him on the topic. It’s wild how many people think some idiot gamer is somehow an expert on literally any topic besides how do you get morons to support your lifestyle without you doing anything of any worth at all.
Destiny CRUSHED Norman Twinkelstein and bro I am a Muslim and I support Israel all the way

natoid_23
Banned

Unread post by natoid_23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm

Kraken wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:28 am
The rise of the Homeland Party can't be directly attributed to the fascist takeover of Croatian Wikipedia - other far-right parties in Europe arose around the same time for a variety of factors. However, the fascist takeover almost certainly did poison the thinking of hundreds of thousands of young Croats who used Croatian Wikipedia every day.
And if they were, which is a mighty big if, what might the fascists have at their disposal to turn young impressionable Croats against the state of Israel?

Could it be their own history of having been invaded by an aggressive neighbor intent on taking their land and committing acts of genocide against the people who lived there, causing the mass displacement of refugees that lasts a generation.

All justified through historical claims that don't mean a damn thing except in the fever dreams of their enemies most zealous elements, to flout all the norms of International law, including the laws of war. Committed by a regime whose military and civilian leaders justified their acts on TV with blatant propaganda.

A regime whose leaders quite rightly rotted in jail for their crimes against humanity, once the International courts of justice took them into custody.

I mean, what could Israel possibly even have as an argument to make to the Croats they they deserve even an ounce of sympathy, much less the incredible advantage of their current war being seen as an act of self defence?

The very last thing Israel needs to do is point out what happens when the world is blind to the suffering of the people who have the smaller army and population in such a war.

Israel is stupid if it genuinely doesn't know what the Croats did to finally rid themselves of their aggressive neighbor as a threat to their security, their very existence. As well as using their very survival as a motivator to develop a very lethal military response, it mobilized world opinion that quite literally bombed the aggressor to the negotiating table.

In a startling sign of their own lack of awareness of their own history, it was pictures of modern day concentration camps, and the images of a civilian population hit by famine and pestilence as well as the terrifying mutilations of indiscriminate weapons, surrounded on all sides by ruins, that really hit hard on the world stage, in particular in the minds of Europeans and Americans.

I dare say if Wikipedia had been around at the time, the aggressors would have been making the same arguments about how unfair it all is. And people would ignore it as the transparent lies of a bunch of baby killing bastards who want to rule the world, or at least their tiny part of it.

I dare say if you looked hard enough, there will even be some on the other side who made the argument this was a defensive war, and they had the absolute right to self defence, and at no point did they ever violate International law.
Bro obviously it sucks that muslim babies are dying in the Gaza but like, it's just war, I mean like, I know a guy who killed a Serbian kid but it was all right because it was a bad accident bc there were guns in the house he was in

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 pm

* sees reddit link *
* shrugs *
* walks away *
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

Jester
Contributor

Unread post by Jester » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:30 pm

rnu wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 pm
* sees reddit link *
* shrugs *
* walks away *
You're not missing anything.
May your light shine / And the little birds, /Bring joy with their singing, / They are welcome to me

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm

natoid_23 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:40 pm
nableezy wrote:
Destiny CRUSHED Norman Twinkelstein and bro I am a Muslim and I support Israel all the way
Lol, cool story

Paragon Deku
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Paragon Deku

Unread post by Paragon Deku » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 pm

Destiny has got to be one of the most disgusting “influencer/e-celeb” types. A deeply myopic individual who nevertheless has decent rhetoric and thus has earned an even more myopic cult of high schoolers.

natoid_23
Banned

Unread post by natoid_23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:35 pm

nableezy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm
natoid_23 wrote:
nableezy wrote:
Lol, cool story
Bro Norman had no idea what he was talking there were moments in which I was cringing because he said things that have contradictions, like he is a historian but not a debater. And I am a proud Muslim supporter of Israel who experienced genocide we know that we need to fight against evil terrorists and some civilians might die and that's bad but it's okay

stedil
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Stedil

Unread post by stedil » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:07 pm

natoid_23 wrote:
bro
natoid_23 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm
Bro
natoid_23 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:35 pm
Bro

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:13 pm

natoid_23 wrote:
... some civilians might die and that's bad but it's okay
I think most people will write you off when you say things like this. Also it would help people understand the points you're trying to make if you use proper punctuation. You're on a web forum here, not texting your buddies on your cell phone.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:42 am

tarantino wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:13 pm
natoid_23 wrote:
... some civilians might die and that's bad but it's okay
I think most people will write you off when you say things like this. Also it would help people understand the points you're trying to make if you use proper punctuation. You're on a web forum here, not texting your buddies on your cell phone.
Let’s not make too many assumptions here…

Kraken
Banned

Unread post by Kraken » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:56 am

Paragon Deku wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 pm
Destiny has got to be one of the most disgusting “influencer/e-celeb” types. A deeply myopic individual who nevertheless has decent rhetoric and thus has earned an even more myopic cult of high schoolers.
I'm not even confident that paragraph I quoted wouldn't have fooled a even college educated American if they truly had no knowledge there was a major ethnic conflict in Europe in the 1990s. It's easily forgotten even in Europe. Just as we easily forgot Putin had quite successfully already taken a little piece of Ukraine well before he tried to take the whole pie.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:55 am

If somebody actually watched the Finkelstein and Destiny "debate" and came away with anything other than Destiny is an outmatched imbecile with 0 understanding of anything important in the world, they would likely respond with four bro's in four posts. Like I said, it's bananas to me how many idiots follow a moron, but I suppose it's a story as old as time.
natoid_23 wrote:
bro I am a Muslim and I support Israel all the way
Somebody needs to update Muslim supporters of Israel (T-H-L) asap

ltbdl
Critic
Wikipedia User: ltbdl

Unread post by ltbdl » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:44 pm

natoid_23 wrote:
ban
if you are reading this then you maybe are suffering maybe paranoia perhaps (or not)...

MoldyHay
Critic
Wikipedia User: many different IPs

Unread post by MoldyHay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Not sure if actual pro-Israel troll or pro-genocide troll trying to make pro-Israel trolls look bad :dubious:
UPE on behalf of Big Popcorn :popcorn:

arkon
Critic
Wikipedia User: arkon

Unread post by arkon » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:52 am

nableezy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:55 am
If somebody actually watched the Finkelstein and Destiny "debate" and came away with anything other than Destiny is an outmatched imbecile with 0 understanding of anything important in the world, they would likely respond with four bro's in four posts. Like I said, it's bananas to me how many idiots follow a moron, but I suppose it's a story as old as time.
Of course you'd be one of those with an apparently strong opinion about some Twitch streamer, jfc

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:16 am

Sounds like a lolcow
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 am

arkon wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:52 am
nableezy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:55 am
Of course you'd be one of those with an apparently strong opinion about some Twitch streamer, jfc
I think of Destiny as I think of you, something to scrape off the bottom of my shoe.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:15 am

All right, I have found a fuck to give.

:lock:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄