Arbcom Elections 2021

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
ArmasRebane
Gregarious
kołdry

Re: Arbcom Elections 2021

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Can every thread not become relitigating Fram?

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:02 pm

ArmasRebane wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:02 pm
Can every thread not become relitigating Fram?
What else should an ARBCOM elections thread be about these days?
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:12 pm
The Fram case should be brought up and an answer insisted upon for every candidate.

Here is a list of en.wp people who need to have an eye kept on them.

That's s long list of recidivist shitheels right there.

Hmmm...
Oppose This kind of remedy has been floating around Wikipedia's dispute resolution processes since time immemorial, and it's not effective. If this sort of action is what it takes to get the message through, I say do it.
Banedon (T-C-L) 02:29, 19 June 2019 (UTC)

Also I can imagine the press coverage that could easily happen if Fram is unbanned and the media starts talking to the people he allegedly harassed. Chances are they'll report the allegations, maybe find the diffs (if the victims are willing), and then conclude that on Wikipedia, if the community kicks up enough of a fuss, they can overrule the WMF's actions. Maybe some will like this kind of portrayal, but I find it very unflattering.
Banedon (T-C-L) 02:33, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
someone should ask him about this !vote.

This seems a long way from his publicly stated, "ARBCOM should be more like a court!" position.
Consider the role of courts in Nazi Germany and the Soviet bloc.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:42 pm

Banedon is a moron.
wbm1058 wrote: Question from wbm1058

Given your "court-of-law" platform, what is your position on allowing secret evidence that defendants can't see, secret complainants that can't be cross examined and cases where the defendant cannot participate in their own defense, with the goal of protecting alleged victims? Please reconcile your platform with your opposition to this suggested resolution of a case where an editor was banned based on a closed, off-wiki proceeding.
Banedon wrote: In the ideal world, the complainant will argue their case in public, and the defendant will be able to defend themselves. From what I understand of the Fram case, the complainant was sufficiently distressed that they approached the WMF directly, because they did not feel they can get a fair result from the community dispute resolution process. That is something I mentioned in the statement and is something Arbcom should fix. Given that the complainant has already approached WMF, and that the WMF decided on a particular remedy, then absent the information (which I don't have) I am going to assume that the remedy was justified. This is similar to how I am going to assume that when an administrator blocks a user, the block was justified. In Fram's case there's the extra fact that most opposition to the WMF decision that I saw was because process wasn't followed, not because Fram is innocent of the accusations. That makes it sound like the result is correct even if the process wasn't followed, for which we actually have a policy (WP:SNOW).

However, when the consequence is this severe, Fram should have a right to due process. Given where we were, due process would be an appeal, which is what happened. Again in the ideal world the complainant will argue their case themselves & in public, but since they were feeling harassed they delegated someone else to argue the case privately. It's my understanding that Fram did see some of the evidence raised against him, responded to that evidence, and a different set of eyes still ruled against him. So the result seems fair.

The resolution you link to is a different thing since it contains five different points. I don't like the first point because as mentioned above it seems the result was correct, in which case the original sanction should remain in force until the appeal is considered. I don't like the second and third points either because people should already be doing those things (especially point 3). The fourth and fifth are reasonable. The way the resolution was proposed though the emphasis was clearly on points 1-3, hence I opposed. Does that answer your question?
So, the 'court-of-law' candidate is a guilty until proven innocent type.

Evidence and due process are just 'nice-to-haves'...

In Fram's case, the complainant was the wife of the WMF Chair of the Board of Trustees and was corruptly engaged in paid editing.

This guy is perfect for ARBCOM!

en.wp will make a Hasten The Day guy out of me yet.

:rotfl:
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

extcord
Contributor

Unread post by extcord » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:24 pm

tarantino wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:07 am
The only question so far for Beebs is from Mikehawk10 (T-C-L). What parent in their right mind with the last name of Hawk would name their kid Mike? Or maybe he's just trolling with it.
MH10 claims that their parents named a nesting hawk that.

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:40 pm

extcord wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:24 pm
MH10 claims that their parents named a nesting hawk that.
I can't tell if he's trolling or just dumb.
To be honest with you, I chose this name because there was a hawk that nested in my yard when I was younger that my parents named “Mike”. It had not occurred to me until now that my parents were possible making a joke in the naming.
These Mikes seem a bit more clear cut:

Mikeoxsbig (T-C-L)
Mikeoxsbyg (T-C-L)
Mike oxBIG12 (T-C-L)
Mikeoxbig98 (T-C-L)
Mikeoxlarge (T-C-L)
Mikeoxlongg (T-C-L)
MikeOxlong47 (T-C-L)
MikeOxlong198 (T-C-L)
MikeOxlong333 (T-C-L)
MikeOxlong555 (T-C-L)
MikeOxlong696969 (T-C-L)
Mikeoxtolong (T-C-L)
Mikeoxsmaul (T-C-L)
Mikehawkishuge (T-C-L)
Mikehawkishumongous (T-C-L)
Mikehawkisonfire (T-C-L)

ArmasRebane
Gregarious

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:49 am

The explanation is pretty believable, insofar as "we named the Hawk in our backyard Mike" is totally reasonable. I think the more questionable point is why he'd name the account MikeHawk rather than Mike the Hawk or similar, which is generally a much more common construction in English.

Whenever someone disbelieves that someone could be that dense about these sorts of things, though, I will always remember a history teacher who was only six or seven years older than us in high school and still didn't grok stuff like "if Jack helps you off a horse, would you help Jack off a horse". Some people really miss this unless it's pointed out to them explicitly.

orangepi
Gregarious
Wikipedia User:

Unread post by orangepi » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:13 am

orangepi wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:33 pm
Over halfway through the nomination period and ... a total of one candidate. Presumably half a dozen more will appear over the weekend.
The flood of weekend candidates was merely a trickle. With 46 hours left, there are 3 candidates, two of whom will get elected (and one of whom will not).

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:18 am

ArmasRebane wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:49 am
The explanation is pretty believable, insofar as "we named the Hawk in our backyard Mike" is totally reasonable. I think the more questionable point is why he'd name the account MikeHawk rather than Mike the Hawk or similar, which is generally a much more common construction in English.
Whatever the reasoning behind his name, the way this kiddy's going, you're gonna have an admin called MikeHawk soon. You've already got one called Girth Summit.

I'm all for it, but it would be nice to see a few ladies get in on the act. (Edit: nvm)
"if Jack helps you off a horse, would you help Jack off a horse".
Jackinghorses (T-C-L)

Ritchie333
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Ritchie333

Unread post by Ritchie333 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:22 pm
How about now, Ritchie?
I don't believe Laura Hale has had anything directly to do with this and the vitriol directed at her is quite unpleasant. If a bunch of people shouted at you, "your work sucks, don't let the door hit you on the way out", would you ever want to contribute again? Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 11:04, 18 June 2019 (UTC)
Want to take another stab at it?
I've had off-wiki communication from people who have said they complained to T&S about Fram, and Laura Hale wasn't one of them. I'm not into off-wiki doxxing even on this site, so I'm not going to reveal names said to me in confidence.

As for the second point, an analogy is those hard Brexiters who moaned about "foreigners stealing our jobs", then when said foreigners decided they were better off in another country, got surprisingly cross about a lack of fuel drivers. I don't really know anything about Hale's work, but I do know Fram is often vicious and barbed when he's right (actually, come to think of it, so is Vigilant for that matter). If Fram had explained the issues calmly and politely, the WMF might have done something different.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:22 pm
How about now, Ritchie?
I don't believe Laura Hale has had anything directly to do with this and the vitriol directed at her is quite unpleasant. If a bunch of people shouted at you, "your work sucks, don't let the door hit you on the way out", would you ever want to contribute again? Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 11:04, 18 June 2019 (UTC)
Want to take another stab at it?
I've had off-wiki communication from people who have said they complained to T&S about Fram, and Laura Hale wasn't one of them. I'm not into off-wiki doxxing even on this site, so I'm not going to reveal names said to me in confidence.
Does the bolded part above describe how you view things now?

So, like Trust and Safety, you have 'secret evidence' that's unimpeachable that damns the accused?
How droll.
Ritchie333 wrote:As for the second point, an analogy is those hard Brexiters who moaned about "foreigners stealing our jobs", then when said foreigners decided they were better off in another country, got surprisingly cross about a lack of fuel drivers. I don't really know anything about Hale's work, but I do know Fram is often vicious and barbed when he's right (actually, come to think of it, so is Vigilant for that matter).
But you have a strong opinion on the case though?

Have you thought about running for ARBCOM?

It's been shown, incontrovertibly that she was being paid for her "work" and that she was running up the numbers for her HOPAU bosses and that she was coordinating this activity in google groups, including AfD canvassing.
Ritchie333 wrote: If Fram had explained the issues calmly and politely, the WMF might have done something different.
So, Fram was 'asking for it'?

The WMF decided they didn't like his tone?

Check the history. Fram did start out polite. So did others.
The end game is literally years and a thousand shit articles later.

This action had nothing to do with the fact that Laura Hale was Maria Sefidari Huici's undisclosed wife during the whole fiasco?
Last edited by Vigilant on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TNT
Inactive

Unread post by TNT » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:49 pm

orangepi wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:13 am
[...] there are 3 candidates, two of whom will get elected (and one of whom will not).
Are you sure one won't..?

You'll see me shitposting and calling out muppets
Or making remarks about latest sockpuppets

I dislike your harassment, so please keep this in mind:
You can be a good critic, while still being kind

Ritchie333
Gregarious

Unread post by Ritchie333 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:34 pm
It's been shown, incontrovertibly that she was being paid for her "work" and that she was running up the numbers for her HOPAU bosses.
Well the end result is she's no longer editing WP (unless via a sock), so the matter's resolved itself. If there's a Neelix-style cleanup required, then it ought to be posted on a noticeboard.
Vigilant wrote:
But you have a strong opinion on the case though?

Have you thought about running for ARBCOM?
What, WP:FRAMGATE (T-H-L) or Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Fram (T-H-L)? I think I only posted a few times on the former in a fairly neutral manner, and can't remember at all in the latter. I also criticised at least one comment that was inflammatory towards Fram : "I don't think the tweet is in particularly good taste (as I would say for anyone gravedancing over any banned member), and I'm disappointed to see it." (Wikipedia:Community response to the Wikimedia Foundation's ban of Fram/Archive 5 (T-H-L)) I did read Fram's blog post here around that time, which I basically agree with and think makes good points.

I don't know what else to say other than you seem to be more interested in the matter than I am, so I'll defer to your more experienced judgement.

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:53 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:02 pm
I'll defer to your more experienced judgement.
Run for Arb. When you get in, hand the account over to Vigilant.
We've already got three Committee members in our pocket, this could be the tipping point.

Ritchie333
Gregarious

Unread post by Ritchie333 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Smiley wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:53 pm
Ritchie333 wrote:
Too obvious. The minute a post coming from my account refers to a class of editors we don't like as "dipshits", the game will be up.

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 pm
Smiley wrote:
Too obvious. The minute a post coming from my account refers to a class of editors we don't like as "dipshits", the game will be up.

Ritchie333
Gregarious

Unread post by Ritchie333 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:14 pm

Well, quite. A Vigilant smack-down is more like this. Totally different writing styles.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:15 pm

information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 pm
Smiley wrote:
Ritchie333 wrote:
I also use ‘shitheels’, just to mix things up.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:14 pm
Well, quite. A Vigilant smack-down is more like this. Totally different writing styles.
I strive for clarity

No Ledge
Habitué
Wikipedia User: wbm1058

Unread post by No Ledge » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:33 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:15 pm
No it's not. Still over 24 hours to go.

Looking forward to the next request for comment. How to reform Arbcom elections. Maybe don't make people wait until November, allow an individual to submit a "request for Arbcom membership" at any time, with open, public discussion and voting running for seven days. Just a thought.
No coffee? OK, then maybe just a little appreciation for my work out here?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
It's been shown, incontrovertibly that she was being paid for her "work" and that she was running up the numbers for her HOPAU bosses.
Well the end result is she's no longer editing WP (unless via a sock), so the matter's resolved itself. If there's a Neelix-style cleanup required, then it ought to be posted on a noticeboard.
Has the matter actually resolved itself?

How do you resolve your statement, "I don't believe Laura Hale has had anything directly to do with this" with the fact that arbitrators have publicly admitted that she was central to the case?

There was a credible scenario of self-dealing corruption at the highest levels of the WMF, but you, an admin, just want to sweep it under the rug because the person at the very center has left and looking at the institutional failures is too much work?

No dealing with the systemic failures?

No looking at improving governance?

No changing of the people involved who aided and abetted this situation?

It seems like you may be a part of the reason that Teh Communitah has ZERO institutional memory.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:49 pm

the usual gang of idiots wrote:"Fire Chief, do you feel the arsonist was properly dealt with?"

"Well, we set the whistleblower who reported her crimes on fire, but we did put him out later."

"I understand the arsonist turned out to be the mayor's wife?"

"I really don't know much about it, but the situation resolved itself neatly, she stopped setting fires, and the whistleblower was not badly burned. There was some structural damage to City Hall, but we'll apply duct tape."

*clown horn honking in the distance*

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Moneytrees
Critic
Wikipedia User: Moneytrees

Unread post by Moneytrees » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:05 pm

Hmm, Dark Clouds of Joy (T-C-L) put up a candidate statement (along with admins Wugapodes (T-C-L) and Donald Albury (T-C-L)), where they said they had "been around for years" despite only starting editing in 2020, and that "I am also a moderator of a Wikipedia-related forum, which has given me valuable experience dealing with trolls, malcontents and other problematic users". Hmmmmmm. Floq just blocked them with the summary "trolling, sock puppetry and/or block evasion, very high likelihood this is an LTA (but if, instead, it is someone pretending to be an LTA, then blocking is still appropriate)".

🤔

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 pm

[Edit: Beaten to the punch by Moneytrees above]

A user in good standing with no blocks just threw their cowboy hat in the circus ring.

They have been blocked without warning by Floquenbeam based on... a hunch?

Mainspace contribs.

Dark Clouds of Joy (T-C-L): 1,146 edits (88.3% mainspace) 12 articles in 12 months
Floquenbeam (T-C-L): 5,032 edits (14.4% mainspace) 1 substub in 12 years

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:21 pm

It is an absolute farce.

Newyorkbrad
Gregarious

Unread post by Newyorkbrad » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:36 pm

No Ledge wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:33 pm
Maybe don't make people wait until November, allow an individual to submit a "request for Arbcom membership" at any time, with open, public discussion and voting running for seven days. Just a thought.
This would have the serious disadvantage of potentially encouraging people to run and vote based on whatever issue is pending before the Committee at a given time, or seems likely to come up soon.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 pm

Yamla created his account within one hour of SlimVirgin's account creation and lived in the same area of Canada. I was a bit suspicious of this a long time ago, but then it became obvious who he is.

owl be it
Regular
Actual Name: 12345
Nom de plume: 4

Unread post by owl be it » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Vigilant wrote:
This action had nothing to do with the fact that Laura Hale was Maria Sefidari Huici's undisclosed wife during the whole fiasco?
Take my undisclosed wife -- please!
The artist formerly known as Yeet Bae...

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:46 pm

tarantino wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 pm
Yamla created his account within one hour of SlimVirgin's account creation and lived in the same area of Canada. I was a bit suspicious of this a long time ago, but then it became obvious who he is.
I'm more interested in who this overcast moderator of a Wikipedia-related forum is.

it isn't Midsize Jake, because everyone knows that he has never edited Wikipedia.

It isn't Zoloft, because he is StaniStani and doesn't sock.

It can't be me, because I'm community banned or something.

Who does that leave? You've never been blocked t, have you?

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:08 am

Smiley wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:46 pm
I'm more interested in who this overcast moderator of a Wikipedia-related forum is.
I was assuming it was bullshit. They clearly decided the didn't want this sock anymore and chose to blow it up trolling ACE.

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:18 am

I’m pretty sure it’s a sock of Kafkaesque (T-C-L)

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:42 am

Hmm.
Lucky I have two admin accounts.

Pedia reparo!!!

:sparkles:
:sparkles:

Well, how ungrateful.

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 am

No Ledge wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:15 pm
No it's not. Still over 24 hours to go.

Looking forward to the next request for comment. How to reform Arbcom elections. Maybe don't make people wait until November, allow an individual to submit a "request for Arbcom membership" at any time, with open, public discussion and voting running for seven days. Just a thought.
On a global project, the last 24 hours pretty much is the last minute if you ask me. The field has opened up a little, but we still don't even have enough candidates to fill the open seats. If people were waiting to see if they should run or not, I believe they have their answer.

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:48 am

Smiley wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:42 am
Well, how ungrateful.
predictably, that was enough to get talk page access revoked.
Last edited by Smiley on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reduce image size

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:51 am

Someone wake Jimmy from his stupors, I want to see this guy reveal all.

Hemiauchenia
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Hemiauchenia

Unread post by Hemiauchenia » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 am

Appeal to Jimbo is such a tired and played out thing now.

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:00 am

Hemiauchenia wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 am
Smiley wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:51 am
Appeal to Jimbo is such a tired and played out thing now.
Yeah, nobody wants to be associated with Sir Jimmy anymore.

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:11 am

Newyorkbrad wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:36 pm
No Ledge wrote:
Maybe don't make people wait until November, allow an individual to submit a "request for Arbcom membership" at any time, with open, public discussion and voting running for seven days. Just a thought.
This would have the serious disadvantage of potentially encouraging people to run and vote based on whatever issue is pending before the Committee at a given time, or seems likely to come up soon.
I have a modest suggestion:

Wikipediocracy moderators should be appointed to Arbcom ex officio.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:28 am

I like how Yamla links Dark Clouds of Joy to Darkness Shines, whose real name is fairly well-known.

Perhaps he didn't read the part where Dark Clouds begged to remain anonymous.

https://developers.slashdot.org/story/0 ... techniques
https://twitter.com/yegct/status/1103750762364981248
https://web.archive.org/web/20000621224 ... facts.html
https://labs.clio.com/about

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:28 am

Hi Anthony, I requested a review of the ban in March which the arbitration committee has declined. They have said I must wait a further twelve months before another appeal can be made, I appreciate the support but the only options are Arbcom, who have refused twice, an appeal to the community who for the most part voted to ban me. Perhaps one day I will be allowed back to the project.

Darkness Shines (T-C-L), 4 August 2021
You've got no chance now, Darky.
Sorry.

The place is and always has been run by blithering idiots. But I think you already knew that.

extcord
Contributor

Unread post by extcord » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:02 am

Opabinia regalis (T-C-L) joins the fray, an experienced ex-arbitrator who served four years (and interestingly enough, got a support percentage of exactly 74.24% both times elected).

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:49 am

Kudpung's Guide to candidates seemed reasonable and calm.

Semi-retirement has been good for his soul, I think.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Guerillero
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Guerillero

Unread post by Guerillero » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:31 am

Guerillero wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:21 pm
I am not running this year
The temptation to run rises, but I still probably shouldn't

TNT
Inactive

Unread post by TNT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Guerillero wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:31 am
Guerillero wrote:
Whatcha got to lose!?

AngelOne
Regular

Unread post by AngelOne » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Smiley wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:28 am
Hi Anthony, I requested a review of the ban in March which the arbitration committee has declined. They have said I must wait a further twelve months before another appeal can be made, I appreciate the support but the only options are Arbcom, who have refused twice, an appeal to the community who for the most part voted to ban me. Perhaps one day I will be allowed back to the project.

Darkness Shines (T-C-L), 4 August 2021
You've got no chance now, Darky.
Ahem.

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Guerillero wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:31 am
Guerillero wrote:
And yet you did anyway. link

It's finally shaping up to a real field of candidates. Should be interesting to see who pops up in the next few hours before the closing bell.

Guerillero
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Guerillero

Unread post by Guerillero » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:35 pm

Life is short

There still aren't 8 that I want to vote for, so YMMV

SoWhy
Contributor
Wikipedia User: SoWhy

Unread post by SoWhy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:53 pm

At least, there are sufficient candidates now that people actually have a choice and maybe there will be some more as the deadline approaches. I really feared I would have to run again just to have more viable candidates than seats to fill :XD

TNT
Inactive

Unread post by TNT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:33 pm

SoWhy wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:53 pm
At least, there are sufficient candidates now that people actually have a choice and maybe there will be some more as the deadline approaches. I really feared I would have to run again just to have more viable candidates than seats to fill :XD
SoWhy not run anyway?