kołdry

Coolest Wikipedia user names

Unread post by Kraken » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 pm

No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Jester
Contributor

Re: Coolest Wikipedia user names

Unread post by Jester » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 pm

May your light shine / And the little birds, /Bring joy with their singing, / They are welcome to me

Inner Focus
Contributor

Unread post by Inner Focus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm

Jester
Contributor

Unread post by Jester » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

Inner Focus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm
Bbb23 (T-C-L)
???
May your light shine / And the little birds, /Bring joy with their singing, / They are welcome to me

Inner Focus
Contributor

Unread post by Inner Focus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

Jester wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm
Inner Focus wrote:
Bbb23 (T-C-L)
???
I find it kind of funny.

Pelican
Contributor

Unread post by Pelican » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 pm

Inner Focus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm
Jester wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm
Inner Focus wrote:
Bbb23 (T-C-L)
???
I find it kind of funny.

Kraken
Banned

Unread post by Kraken » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm

Inner Focus wrote:
You have terrible taste. I did consider Maxim and KrakatoaKatie. Not sure why they didn't make the cut. I kind of went nameblind in the end. Silly way to spend a Friday afternoon. Beats working though.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm

But how did you arrive at any of them. The top 5000 posters or something? What is so cool about "Nikkimaria" as a username? It's a very nice name I am sure, but "cool handle, man"?! :unsure:
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Kraken
Banned

Unread post by Kraken » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 pm

C&B wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm
But how did you arrive at any of them. The top 5000 posters or something? What is so cool about "Nikkimaria" as a username? It's a very nice name I am sure, but "cool handle, man"?! :unsure:
Explaining my methods might ruin the fun of the thread. :hrmph:

As for "Nikkimaria", I think its because it's quite a neat way to have your user name as your real name (I presume, and her pronoun too). All the others who go route one seem quite naff. Except maybe Daniel Case, pet detective. But is he cool?

Nikkimaria is clearly taking advantage of the fact it's an inherently cool name for it's natural quick rhythm and suggestion of an Italian heritage. In short, with a username like that, everyone either wants to be her partner or her BFF, depending on their preferences. And she knows it.

It's all about the confidence.

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Ming has always had a certain thing for Rhododendrites (T-C-L)-- the name, definitely not the user.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

Here's three names that are interesting.

In this thread at AN, Haven't I seen your nipples somewhere before?, Delicious carbuncle (T-C-L) brings attention to the fact that Jacknipples (T-C-L) was blocked for a violation of the username policy.

Hands of gorse, heart of steel (T-C-L) makes a persuasive argument.
Now I was talking to my wife about this and we came to the conclusion that the problem is that there is no definate policy as to what is and what is not appropriate. Obviously a username like "massive-throbbing-man-organ" or "foot-in-the-ass" is going to be unacceptable by any standards, but where do we draw the line? Is it right that you can see more nipples in the tabloid press than in the new user log? I have "hands" and "heart" in my username but these are all body parts that even Mary Whitehouse[who?] would approve of unless they were used in some kind of disgusting act of depravity. My wife is of the opinion that a nipple is not offensive in itself - and I certainly don't find them offensive! What about a username like "loveflute"? It could be a crude piece of slang for the male scimitar, but on the other hand could be a user who enjoys playing the flute. I think unless there is a seriously troubling sexname, the policy should not be to block on sight, but to engage with the user and ask them why they choose such a name. I do see Bugsy's point that a name like this may be unlikely to bring us positive contributions, but I think it's worth giving them a chance, and if the mention of "nipple" in a username causes an administrator to turn pale and start to shudder, then perhaps they should pass it on to someone who is less likely to be upset and have a reaction about it to deal with it in a cool and refreshed manner. On that note, I have a cool and refreshing can of Heineken in the fridge to open, so I shall leave you. All the best, Hands of gorse, heart of steel (talk) 13:11, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
Jacknipples was unblocked but never made an edit, and Hands of gorse, heart of steel was later blocked for abusing multiple accounts.

Jester
Contributor

Unread post by Jester » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 pm

tarantino wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

In this thread at AN, Haven't I seen your nipples somewhere before?, Delicious carbuncle (T-C-L) brings attention to the fact that Jacknipples (T-C-L) was blocked for a violation of the username policy.

Now I was talking to my wife about this and we came to the conclusion that the problem is that there is no definate policy as to what is and what is not appropriate. Obviously a username like "massive-throbbing-man-organ" or "foot-in-the-ass" is going to be unacceptable by any standards, but where do we draw the line? Is it right that you can see more nipples in the tabloid press than in the new user log? I have "hands" and "heart" in my username but these are all body parts that even Mary Whitehouse[who?] would approve of unless they were used in some kind of disgusting act of depravity. My wife is of the opinion that a nipple is not offensive in itself - and I certainly don't find them offensive! What about a username like "loveflute"? It could be a crude piece of slang for the male scimitar, but on the other hand could be a user who enjoys playing the flute. I think unless there is a seriously troubling sexname, the policy should not be to block on sight, but to engage with the user and ask them why they choose such a name. I do see Bugsy's point that a name like this may be unlikely to bring us positive contributions, but I think it's worth giving them a chance, and if the mention of "nipple" in a username causes an administrator to turn pale and start to shudder, then perhaps they should pass it on to someone who is less likely to be upset and have a reaction about it to deal with it in a cool and refreshed manner. On that note, I have a cool and refreshing can of Heineken in the fridge to open, so I shall leave you. All the best, Hands of gorse, heart of steel (talk) 13:11, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
Jacknipples was unblocked but never made an edit, and Hands of gorse, heart of steel was later blocked for abusing multiple accounts.
On the subject of interesting and debatably innapropriate, Red-tailed hawk was once named Mikehawk10 (T-C-L). Despite this, they passed RfA with flying colors.

stedil
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Stedil

Unread post by stedil » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 pm

SerkaVerduchka
Contributor

Unread post by SerkaVerduchka » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 am

AquitaneHungerForce (T-C-L) is up there with the best for me.

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: formerly Konveyor Belt

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:41 am

Will forever be upset that the name Gnome de plume (T-C-L) was wasted on a sock.
Always improving...

Zoll
Regular

Unread post by Zoll » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm

Crainsaw always wins

1eccc091aad98a8b79647330c80851a6-3227505679.jpg

Literally me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 pm

What do you run?
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 pm

Zoll wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm
Literally me
You're Seth Feroce?

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 pm

tarantino wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

Oh that takes me back, the "didn't we just have this conversation" post refers to link this prior conversation of whether "nipple" in a username is insta-blockable, and it was less than a week beforehand.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Elinruby
Habitué

Unread post by Elinruby » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm

Snowmanonahoe
Wikipedia User: Snowmanonahoe

Unread post by Snowmanonahoe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:15 pm

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 pm

Elinruby
Habitué

Unread post by Elinruby » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 pm

Cheryl
Contributor

Unread post by Cheryl » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 pm

Hasn't edited in many years but just came across it on in an article history: User:Can't sleep, clown will eat me (T-C-L)