Dicklyon

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Dicklyon

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:09 pm

Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Re: Dicklyon

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:17 pm

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:04 pm

owl be it
Regular
Actual Name: 12345
Nom de plume: 4

Unread post by owl be it » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:09 pm
Another editor fixated on edit count
What a Richard.
The artist formerly known as Yeet Bae...

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:38 pm

Jim wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:04 pm
Not to be outdone:
Lugnuts being uncooperative / battlegroundy-ish (permalink...)
Link above is broken
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:50 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:38 pm
Link above is broken
Oops. My bad.

It should have been this. (the "permalink" works)

Now I look again it's not that relevant to this discussion except that it shows another inveterate mass editor taken to a noticeboard for annoying people yet again, and nothing being done, yet again, and I can't really remember why, apart from that, I posted it in this thread... :blush:

Anyway, in the thread you originally linked, Dicklyon has conceded ever so gracefully that carrying on like a bull in a china shop might have to wait a little while, given the feedback:
Given the pushback and misunderstandings, and my upcomnig wikibreak, here's what I propose to do:

I will leave these 267 articles with visible over-capitalization of Monarchy to others to fix over time to be consistent with the RM consensus.
I will stop responding to further cleanup requests at the tennis project, referring them instead to list at AWB task request and/or to seek bot approval (one such is pending and will complete without my further involvement).
I will stop interpreting the database report on linked miscapitalizations as suggestions for useful work to be done.
I will completely stop using JWB until at least after my upcoming long trip and wikibreak (returning mid May).
I may start an RFC on the interpretation of NOTBROKEN, to see how the community feels about fixing very minor errors.
While traveling with intermittent Internet I'll restrict my limited WP edits to more creative work like uploading photos.

Thanks to all who have supported me here; but let's not further pollute Fram's watchlist. Dicklyon (talk) 12:10, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
So gracious, and it only took (another) 7,000 words split over about 70 posts to get nowhere there...

Richard F. Lyon (T-H-L) "has worked in many aspects of signal processing".

I'm not quite sure how much real-life work he has done on Signal-to-noise ratio (T-H-L), although he does appear to have edited the article a few times...

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Tue May 30, 2023 2:39 pm

Dickly is back at ANI, and the usual gang of idiots are in support, with the usual idiotic arguments.

i.e. Nothing New Under the Sun.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue May 30, 2023 4:26 pm

MOS arguments always turn toxic because only people who like to nitpick grammar give a shit in the first place.

I remember the "small horizontal lines" battles of the past. Dash-vs-hyphen was clearly a critical turning point in utterly useless arguments.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Tue May 30, 2023 4:32 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:26 pm
MOS arguments always turn toxic because only people who like to nitpick grammar give a shit in the first place.

I remember the "small horizontal lines" battles of the past. Dash-vs-hyphen was clearly a critical turning point in utterly useless arguments.
That’s certainly one part of it, and probably the larger part.

It is also because the MOSomaniacs have set themselves up as an exception to one of Wikipedia’s core principles: Wikipedia only makes trivial use of inside expertise; for most contentious matters, it is supposed to be a trailing tertiary reference, completely dependent on the expertise of outsiders.
Last edited by The Blue Newt on Tue May 30, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Tue May 30, 2023 5:01 pm

It's so crazy to see someone with as illustrious of a career as Richard F. Lyon (T-H-L) arguing away with anonymous idiots over minor things like capitalization.

Hemiauchenia
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Hemiauchenia

Unread post by Hemiauchenia » Tue May 30, 2023 5:07 pm

MrErnie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:01 pm
It's so crazy to see someone with as illustrious of a career as Richard F. Lyon (T-H-L) arguing away with anonymous idiots over minor things like capitalization.
I mean, it's not exactly like the other guy who invented the optical computer mouse Steve Kirsch (T-H-L) has spent his time any better.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Tue May 30, 2023 5:14 pm

Hemiauchenia wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:07 pm
MrErnie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:01 pm
I mean, it's not exactly like the other guy who invented the optical computer mouse Steve Kirsch (T-H-L) has spent his time any better.
That does, though, illustrate one of the ideas that causes the problem: the idea of fungible “authority” or “expertise”, AKA the Linus Pauling syndrome.

You can be the world’s greatest expert on wombats, but that gives you no particular standing in a conversation about daffodils.

SarekOfVulcan
Critic
Wikipedia User: SarekOfVulcan
Wikipedia Review Member: SarekOfVulcan

Unread post by SarekOfVulcan » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:00 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:26 pm

Oh, man, don't remind me... HaleBopp, anyone? :)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:19 pm

Fram's got the bit in his teeth.

ANI

:popcorn:

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:26 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:19 pm
Fram's got the bit in his teeth.

ANI

:popcorn:
Take away Fram’s optical mouse and see how he feels about Dicklyon then.

casualdejekyll
Muted
Wikipedia User: casualdejekyll

Unread post by casualdejekyll » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:27 pm

There is absolutely no reason anyone should be making 67 edits in a minute without BAG approval.

Keep calm and Dicklyon, I guess...
Ron Lybonly wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:26 pm
Take away Fram’s optical mouse and see how he feels about Dicklyon then.
I'm sure the optical mouse I use to browse this very forum is absolutely indebted to this unauthorized bot. :facepalm:

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:03 pm

casualdejekyll wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:27 pm
There is absolutely no reason anyone should be making 67 edits in a minute without BAG approval.
How else is the poor man supposed to make 2000 edits in a week. Surely not making 2000 edits in a week cannot be the solution.
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

No Ledge
Habitué
Wikipedia User: wbm1058

Unread post by No Ledge » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 pm

Oh, my. After not getting satisfaction at the normal requested moves venue, he has escalated the matter of whether or not the NFL Draft (T-H-L) is the proper name of a very important, official event on the National Football League's calendar, or just another generic professional sports league's draft which is nothing special....

...he's escalated it to the highest, meta-discussion level for important, meta-procedural matters, so I learned of this request for comment via my monitoring of Wikipedia:Centralized discussion (T-H-L) on my user page.
No coffee? OK, then maybe just a little appreciation for my work out here?

No Ledge
Habitué

Unread post by No Ledge » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 pm

I see that apparently the official name is NFL Annual Player Selection Meeting (T-H-L) so maybe he has a point. But this is such a colossal waste of editor time, while less high profile, but more undisputed miscapitalizations go uncorrected.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:52 pm

No Ledge wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 pm
I see that apparently the official name is NFL Annual Player Selection Meeting (T-H-L) so maybe he has a point. But this is such a colossal waste of editor time, while less high profile, but more undisputed miscapitalizations go uncorrected.
Engineers seem to have a serious capitalization problem. Ten of the 50 most miscapitalized titles include "Engineer" or "Engineering".

Wikiguy.DC
Critic
Wikipedia User: DC

Unread post by Wikiguy.DC » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:13 pm

Remember, it's totally uncool and borderline canvasing when the Wikiproject NFL users show up, but when the MOS Nazis roll in all at once it's totally fine.

No Ledge
Habitué

Unread post by No Ledge » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:23 pm

rnu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:52 pm
Engineers seem to have a serious capitalization problem. Ten of the 50 most miscapitalized titles include "Engineer" or "Engineering".
Again, you can thank Dick Lyon for that.

He's declared that the thousand-plus uses of title case are wrong.

Try to tell that to each individual member of the army of drive-by editors who think their brother earned a degree in Electrical Engineering, when they write his wiki biography.

utbc
Critic

Unread post by utbc » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:58 am

Follow what the main page is titled, which (at least for the moment) is National Football League Draft. -- GoodDay (talk) 03:54, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I think the question is as much "what is the proper case for that main page?" So why should that page have capital "Draft"? —Bagumba (talk) 06:47, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I can't go along with 'lowercase' usage, as long as the main page is uppercased. GoodDay (talk) 17:49, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
Nobody is suggesting that. Dicklyon (talk) 17:52, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I know what's being suggested & I'll oppose it, as long as the main page is capitalized. Get NFL Draft moved to NFL draft & let the rest trickle down to all the related pages. GoodDay (talk) 17:57, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
This RfC includes the potential renaming of the page National Football League Draft. What is your opinion on that page's title? —Bagumba (talk) 18:03, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I'll leave others to decide on whether that page should be moved or not. Concerning American football, the last time I proposed anything at WP:NFL, the proposal was 'figuratively' shot down. GoodDay (talk) 18:06, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
That's a very deeply indented "don't care". Thanks. Dicklyon (talk) 05:09, 7 January 2024 (UTC)
Don't start annoying me, please. GoodDay (talk) 06:51, 7 January 2024 (UTC)
:rotfl:

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:29 am

utbc wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:58 am
Follow what the main page is titled, which (at least for the moment) is National Football League Draft. -- GoodDay (talk) 03:54, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I think the question is as much "what is the proper case for that main page?" So why should that page have capital "Draft"? —Bagumba (talk) 06:47, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I can't go along with 'lowercase' usage, as long as the main page is uppercased. GoodDay (talk) 17:49, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I know what's being suggested & I'll oppose it, as long as the main page is capitalized. Get NFL Draft moved to NFL draft & let the rest trickle down to all the related pages. GoodDay (talk) 17:57, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
This RfC includes the potential renaming of the page National Football League Draft. What is your opinion on that page's title? —Bagumba (talk) 18:03, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
I'll leave others to decide on whether that page should be moved or not. Concerning American football, the last time I proposed anything at WP:NFL, the proposal was 'figuratively' shot down. GoodDay (talk) 18:06, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
That's a very deeply indented "don't care". Thanks. Dicklyon (talk) 05:09, 7 January 2024 (UTC)
I really don't understand these people. Do they think my name is William burns?

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:19 am

[hyperlink][/hyperlink]
Zoloft wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:29 am
utbc wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:58 am
I really don't understand these people. Do they think my name is William burns?
Absoeffintively.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 am

Wbm1058 (T-C-L) blocked Dicklyon for 72 hours. SMcCandlish (T-C-L) is losing his shit. Deepfriedokra (T-C-L) threatens with arbcom.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... by_Wbm1058

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:01 pm

If I'm reading the admin stats correctly, this is only the 33rd block Wbm1058 has levied.

ArmasRebane
Habitué

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:23 pm

rnu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 am
Wbm1058 (T-C-L) blocked Dicklyon for 72 hours. SMcCandlish (T-C-L) is losing his shit. Deepfriedokra (T-C-L) threatens with arbcom.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... by_Wbm1058
If a guy spends the better part of 20 years and a half-million edits on a project, I expect them to figure out basically the most germane rules on edit warring some time over that time period without needing to be reminded like a child.

What's probably going to burn Wbm is that he basically went incommunicado right after the block.

FelinaLavandula
Regular
Nom de plume: Arugula

Unread post by FelinaLavandula » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:32 pm

Yeah, block looks good IMO (but also IMO if you’ve been in trouble multiple times for the same crap you should be insta-indeffed) but Wbm logging off right after doing it is not so good. Do people here also think this is an involved violation?

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:07 pm

FelinaLavandula wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:32 pm
Yeah, block looks good IMO (but also IMO if you’ve been in trouble multiple times for the same crap you should be insta-indeffed) but Wbm logging off right after doing it is not so good. Do people here also think this is an involved violation?
It is far from obvious to me. I find it hard to evaluate since I can't find what GoodDay linked to in this section. It sounds to me like Dicklyon requested moving articles (or reverting moves) giving a wrong or misleading justification and wbm1058 fell for it and complied. If that is what wbm1058 is referring to with "Sorry guys, I have unfortunately assumed too much good faith from Dicklyon and given him too much rope." then I don't think it was an INVOLVED block.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:11 pm

Meanwhile Dicklyon is complaining that he was blocked "without warning" (meaning without warning after a warning). It is his 11th block for edit warring. Clearly he had no idea what edit warring is let alone that he could get blocked for it. I mean he didn't even get a warning (after the warning)!

Wikiguy.DC
Critic

Unread post by Wikiguy.DC » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:26 pm

Dick getting blocked for edit warring over T:CENT of all things is like Al Capone getting busted for tax evasion.

No Ledge
Habitué

Unread post by No Ledge » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:39 pm

rnu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:07 pm
FelinaLavandula wrote:
It is far from obvious to me. I find it hard to evaluate since I can't find what GoodDay linked to in this section. It sounds to me like Dicklyon requested moving articles (or reverting moves) giving a wrong or misleading justification and wbm1058 fell for it and complied. If that is what wbm1058 is referring to with "Sorry guys, I have unfortunately assumed too much good faith from Dicklyon and given him too much rope." then I don't think it was an INVOLVED block.
Atsme's relevant contribution history shows her using the semi-automated JavaScript tool JWB to fix "miscapitalization" of [[1977 NHL Amateur Draft]] – changing that to [[1977 NHL amateur draft]] on 23 May 2020. She was working off of this version of the "Linked miscapitalizations" database report. At the time there were some 350 redirects listed on the report, and I had solicited Atsme's help in working to help me clear the report.

At 06:15, 5 May 2020 Dicklyon moved page 1977 NHL Amateur Draft to 1977 NHL amateur draft: case norm; reserve caps for proper names)

A minute later, he edited that page:

#REDIRECT [[1977 NHL amateur draft]]

{{Redirect category shell|
{{R from move}}
{{R from miscapitalization}}
}}
That's what made it land in the work queue that Atsme was working.

The assumption made by the gnomes working such reports is that the matter is not controversial, or if it was controversial, there was a discussion to resolve the dispute which came to a consensus.

But then I had to move it back after Requested by GoodDay at WP:RM/TR: page was moved without discussion

I then had to make a lot of edits to undo the edits I made in response to Lyon's executive decisions.

This is rather abusive of the good faith of gnomes; it isn't how "bold-revert-discuss" is supposed to work.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:50 pm

No Ledge wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:39 pm
rnu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:07 pm
FelinaLavandula wrote:
Atsme's relevant contribution history shows her using the semi-automated JavaScript tool JWB to fix "miscapitalization" of [[1977 NHL Amateur Draft]] – changing that to [[1977 NHL amateur draft]] on 23 May 2020. She was working off of this version of the "Linked miscapitalizations" database report. At the time there were some 350 redirects listed on the report, and I had solicited Atsme's help in working to help me clear the report.

At 06:15, 5 May 2020 Dicklyon moved page 1977 NHL Amateur Draft to 1977 NHL amateur draft: case norm; reserve caps for proper names)

A minute later, he edited that page:

#REDIRECT [[1977 NHL amateur draft]]

{{Redirect category shell|
{{R from move}}
{{R from miscapitalization}}
}}
That's what made it land in the work queue that Atsme was working.

The assumption made by the gnomes working such reports is that the matter is not controversial, or if it was controversial, there was a discussion to resolve the dispute which came to a consensus.

But then I had to move it back after Requested by GoodDay at WP:RM/TR: page was moved without discussion

I then had to make a lot of edits to undo the edits I made in response to Lyon's executive decisions.

This is rather abusive of the good faith of gnomes; it isn't how "bold-revert-discuss" is supposed to work.
That's roughly what I assumed. I see no way how a rational person acting in good faith could construe that as making you INVOLVED.

Wikiguy.DC
Critic

Unread post by Wikiguy.DC » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Wbm has unblocked Dick

DFlhb
Contributor
Wikipedia User: DFlhb

Unread post by DFlhb » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:30 pm

I don't get why Dick and crew are going so far with the battleground tone and aspersions over such pointless crap. Even against race science POVpushers or extremist meatpuppets I'd be dumb to use that tone onwiki.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:33 pm

DFlhb wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:30 pm
I don't get why Dick and crew are going so far with the battleground tone and aspersions over such pointless crap. Even against race science POVpushers or extremist meatpuppets I'd be dumb to use that tone onwiki.
They know that they get away with it. And there is the serious possibility that they can't help themselves.

Black Kite
Regular
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Unread post by Black Kite » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:20 pm

DFlhb wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:30 pm
Oh, this isn't even the biggest battle over capitalisation. Having said that, considering that the paramilitary arm of the MOS extremists managed to get every single bird name decapitalised (so the article after which I take my handle is now Black kite, despite the fact that pretty much every specialist source doesn't decapitalise and it frankly makes Wikipedia look - even more - fucking stupid) it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. That particular clusterfuck lost us a number of expert editors, as well.

For evidence, stick "Black Kite" into Google. You get the (decapitalised) Wikipedia article first, and then ....

No Ledge
Habitué

Unread post by No Ledge » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:48 pm

Black Kite wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:20 pm
For evidence, stick "Black Kite" into Google. You get the (decapitalised) Wikipedia article first, and then ....
Prevent unrecognized risk across your supply chain with Black Kite—the only cyber ratings tool dedicated to third-party risk intelligence.
That's properly capitalized. :lol:

Dick also got into trouble by using JWB like it was a machine gun stuck in rapid-fire mode. These are tricky to fix and you need to check the diffs as you move through them.

black kite is all lowercase in mid-sentence, but you need Black kite still capitalized at the start of a sentence or beginning an infobox line item.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:21 pm

Hmmm. White House (T-H-L) is still both words capitalized. They should 'fix' that. :confused:

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Alalch Emis
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Alalch E.

Unread post by Alalch Emis » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:09 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:21 pm
Hmmm. White House (T-H-L) is still both words capitalized. They should 'fix' that. :confused:
The NFL Draft is a draft and the White House is a mansion, a building, a residence, a complex, a palace perhaps, but not really a house.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:40 pm

Alalch Emis wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:09 pm
Zoloft wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:21 pm
The NFL Draft is a draft and the White House is a mansion, a building, a residence, a complex, a palace perhaps, but not really a house.
…and? Most proper names, at some point, derive from ordinary words. Many ordinary words are proper names contextually. None of the MOS Myrmidons of the Minuscule that I’ve seen so far are personally capable of making any such distinctions.

Alalch Emis
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Alalch E.

Unread post by Alalch Emis » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:15 pm

It was a joke

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:22 pm

Alalch Emis wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:15 pm
It was a joke
Alas, that may be a joke to you, but it was actually an argument for one of them. Can’t remember which, except that it wasnt diCkLy himself.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:36 pm

Has anyone in the capitalization wars pointed out that the MOS is called "Manual of Style" and not "Manual of style"?

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:20 pm

rnu wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:36 pm
Has anyone in the capitalization wars pointed out that the MOS is called "Manual of Style" and not "Manual of style"?
Surely it should be called “Primer of style,” so the abbreviation would be the appropriate “POS.”

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:31 am

The Blue Newt wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:20 pm
rnu wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:36 pm
Surely it should be called “Primer of style,” so the abbreviation would be the appropriate “POS.”
:like:

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Black Kite
Regular
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Unread post by Black Kite » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm

No Ledge wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:48 pm
Black Kite wrote:
Prevent unrecognized risk across your supply chain with Black Kite—the only cyber ratings tool dedicated to third-party risk intelligence.

Dick also got into trouble by using JWB like it was a machine gun stuck in rapid-fire mode. These are tricky to fix and you need to check the diffs as you move through them.

black kite is all lowercase in mid-sentence, but you need Black kite still capitalized at the start of a sentence or beginning an infobox line item.
Wuh? If you're referring to the name of the bird, "Black" is always capitalised, and in most sources "Kite" is as well. Of course, the MOS people knew better, and made Wikipedia's coverage of birds a laughing stock.

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 pm

Black Kite wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm
No Ledge wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:48 pm
Black Kite wrote:

Wuh? If you're referring to the name of the bird, "Black" is always capitalised, and in most sources "Kite" is as well. Of course, the MOS people knew better, and made Wikipedia's coverage of birds a laughing stock.
I believe his point was that diCLy’s brainless automated replacement of “Xxxx Xxxx” with “xxx xxx” included examples which violate ordinary English grammar.

PS: Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to “Dicklyon and other Dicklyness”, to better add in the rest of the Capitalization-Countering Corsairs.

Starship Enterprise
Where no ban has gone before

Unread post by Starship Enterprise » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:19 am

BLOCKED for 48 hrs by Vanamonde93 (T-C-L) for personal attacks on GoodDay (T-C-L)

diff diff

Dicklyon is right but he's still a dick