Moral Hazard
Super Genius
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Re: Laura Hale Meet Gilbraltar

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:15 pm

eagle wrote:
Laura Hale wrote:The decision not to do median was made based on time constraints of the researcher.
Evaluating

Code: Select all

median(x)
would be violate a moron's time-constraint.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Re: Laura in Wikiland

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:18 pm

eagle wrote:should we work with someone like Laura Hale to get WP page views on articles related to us.
I don't know how Zoloft or Mr Midsize would react, but quite a few people would throw up their hands in horror at dealing with anyone like Laura Hale. Surely we already have more than enough talent in our own ranks to do something like that.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:17 am

The Best Apps for Life in Spain
Food delivery

There’s Deliveroo, an app which allows you to get food from countless restaurants delivered to your doorstep. “It has all the benefits of a restaurant without dealing with waiters and music I may not like,” Laura Hale from Madrid explains.
Seven Things Americans need to Know before visiting Spain
This entire article is conceited garbage.
Laura Hale is an American living in Madrid. Having witnessed enough Americans doing stupid things here, she has some critical advice for those of her fellow countrymen thinking about paying Spain a visit.
Laura Hale is a Top Writer at Quora where a version of this article was first published. She can be found on LinkedIn and on Twitter,
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:26 am

Maria Sefidari is not a smart woman.
Is it thinkable that the human race (and/or it's descendants) have the potential to survive anything?
Is it thinkable that the human race (and/or it's descendants) have the potential to survive anything?
Future of an expanding universe (T-H-L)
1 Answer
María Sefidari
María Sefidari, Human
Answered Sep 5, 2015 · Author has 82 answers and 468.5k answer views
I don't think so. Dinosaurs were bigger and tougher than us, and one well-aimed meteor extinguished them all. For us it could be a lethal virus or some sort of natural catastrophic event on a global scale. Or, heck, a Third World War.

But let's go with the Sun dying scenario. By that time, it is unlikely humans as we know them will exist (or at least, they will have the same relation to us as we have with our cave-dweller ancestors). Personally, I doubt humans of any kind will exist by then. We are not a particularly tough species. Our only competitive advantage against a hostile world is our numbers: an event would have to be terrible indeed to kill off billions of us and make us go extinct. But it's not like we are not killing off the planet bit by bit as a result of that, so we could really die off before our Sun did.

But even if we do not survive, one would hope our legacy would. And a way for that could be... robots. Tough, smart, without biological limits (think spacetravel, saving planetary resources, easy to build, etc). They could inherit our knowledge, and then develop their own solutions to deal with the end of the Universe. Without out limitations or blindnesses (imagine no race, sex, or whatever discriminations, imagine no cultural ethnocentrism but just having all the knowledge of all the cultures of Earth). They could face different challenges (EM pulses?), but hopefully they would have the best of us without the worst of us. We are biologically programmed to want our descendants to be better than us. Robots could play that part. We will never know, of course, but isn't there some confort to that thought?
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:29 am

How can one become a Paid Contributor of Wikipedia?
How can one become a paid contributor of Wikipedia?
4 Answers
María Sefidari
María Sefidari, Long-time wiki editor
Answered Sep 3, 2015 · Upvoted by Iván Martínez, Volunteer editor at Wikipedia (2006-present) and Mark Hetherington, Wikipedia administrator for over a decade · Author has 82 answers and 468.5k answer views
You become a paid contributor when someone pays you to contribute to Wikipedia.

Now, payment per se is not necessarily a problem. This is where we distinguish between paid advocacy and paid editing. Paid advocacy is when someone pays you to push a certain point of view on Wikipedia. Let's say a pharmaceutical company hires you to edit the articles of certain drugs they make, taking out the sections about secondary effects and expanding those about the beneficial effects. That will not be tolerated. You are compromising the quality of the articles and the encyclopedia. You will get caught and you will be blocked. Neutrality is one of the pillars of Wikipedia and people paid to violate it are invariably, sooner or later, found out and kicked out.

Now, there is also paid editing. The formula for this for the last few years has been the Wikimedian in Residence. Please note not all WiRs are paid, only some. An institution, let's say a museum, hires an experienced Wikimedian to eg. increase the number of articles of a given topic. That Wikimedian, following the Terms of Use, will proactively disclose they are working for that institution and being paid for such work. Now, depending on the project they will be contributing to, there may be additional policies they have to follow. Some projects like the Swedish and the German Wikipedias have permitted paid/corporate accounts to operate under strict, appropiate procedures for quite a long time now.

tl;dr: Paid editors who are not transparent and fail to disclose, who are not neutral, and who are paid to advocate for a paying customers' behalf violate the sites' Terms of Use and will be blocked.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:15 pm

Vigilant wrote:The Best Apps for Life in Spain
Food delivery

There’s Deliveroo, an app which allows you to get food from countless restaurants delivered to your doorstep. “It has all the benefits of a restaurant without dealing with waiters and music I may not like,” Laura Hale from Madrid explains.
Laura Hale is an American living in Madrid. Having witnessed enough Americans doing stupid things here, she has some critical advice for those of her fellow countrymen thinking about paying Spain a visit.
Laura Hale is a Top Writer at Quora where a version of this article was first published. She can be found on LinkedIn and on Twitter,
She has to do something to promote herself now she's no longer a WP editor or at least not overtly.

CoffeeCrumbs
Critic

Unread post by CoffeeCrumbs » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Vigilant wrote:The Best Apps for Life in Spain
Food delivery

She has to do something to promote herself now she's no longer a WP editor or at least not overtly.
I can't imagine Hale doing a good job at being a secret editor. Like she can go a week without loudly demanding a male changing one of her genius sentences is literal violence.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:19 pm

CoffeeCrumbs wrote:I can't imagine Hale doing a good job at being a secret editor. Like she can go a week without loudly demanding a male changing one of her genius sentences is literal violence.
You may well be right, though possibly Maria would have the sense to keep a strict eye on her.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Laura Hale was a "Top Writer" on Quora, but deleted her account. She was doing the same kind of analysis of Quora posts that she applied to Wikipedia and Twitter. Those articles were probably scraped from the web and republished.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:Laura Hale was a "Top Writer" on Quora, but deleted her account. She was doing the same kind of analysis of Quora posts that she applied to Wikipedia and Twitter. Those articles were probably scraped from the web and republished.
No surprise there! Did all her contributions disappear when her account was deleted? If not, it can't be hard to Google a few quotes from them to see if they are plagiarised.

Eric Corbett
Retired
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Actual Name: Eric Corbett

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Giraffe Stapler wrote:Laura Hale was a "Top Writer" on Quora, but deleted her account. She was doing the same kind of analysis of Quora posts that she applied to Wikipedia and Twitter. Those articles were probably scraped from the web and republished.
No surprise there! Did all her contributions disappear when her account was deleted? If not, it can't be hard to Google a few quotes from them to see if they are plagiarised.
Quora is a strange animal. Contributors get paid for asking questions, not for answering them.

Cla68
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Cla68

Unread post by Cla68 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Laura Hale's account is still active on Quora:

https://www.quora.com/profile/Laura-Hale-51

She likely is participating in the paid "Partner" program. Quora partner's questions won't show up in their profile feed but you can tell that she's active by looking at her "activity" feed, which shows that she is "liking" answers and editing questions. The Quora partner program is by invitation only. You have to be active for awhile answering questions and getting upvotes before the company sends you an invitation to be a Partner. This may be one reason she curtailed her activity on Wikipedia, because Quora is keeping her busy.

I would assume she's also involved in at least 2-3 other moneymaking Internet social-media/crowdsourcing ventures, because I doubt Quora pays good enough to live on.
Last edited by Cla68 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:12 pm

<snip>

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Cla68 wrote:Laura Hale's account is still active on Quora:

She likely is participating in the paid "Partner" program. Quora partner's questions won't show up in their profile feed but you can tell that she's active by looking at her "activity" feed, which shows that she is "liking" answers and editing questions. The Quora partner program is by invitation only. You have to be active for awhile answering questions and getting upvotes before the company sends you an invitation to be a Partner. This may be one reason she curtailed her activity on Wikipedia, because Quora is keeping her busy.

I would assume she's also involved in at least 2-3 other moneymaking Internet social-media/crowdsourcing ventures, because I doubt Quora pays good enough to live on.
Fun fact: Laura Hale is the name of a character on a tv show called "Teen Wolf". That "Laura Hale" account on Quora belongs to a teen from Barcelona, not our esteemed Dr Hale.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:

Fun fact: Laura Hale is the name of a character on a tv show called "Teen Wolf". That "Laura Hale" account on Quora belongs to a teen from Barcelona, not our esteemed Dr Hale.
I was rolling my eyes about her "dreaming in Catalan" and remembering the percentages of English taught in "our" schools.

A second Laura Hale would explain a lot.

RfB

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Giraffe Stapler wrote:

I was rolling my eyes about her "dreaming in Catalan" and remembering the percentages of English taught in "our" schools.

A second Laura Hale would explain a lot.

RfB
Good lord.

One's more than enough.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:A second Laura Hale would explain a lot.

RfB
Good lord.

One's more than enough.
The second one can't help her name. She's probably OK really. I wonder if she knows what the first one has done and what she makes of it.

Ada Sinn
Critic

Unread post by Ada Sinn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:25 pm

One of Laura's masterpieces - Fifth-wave feminism in Ibero-America (T-H-L) - finally ended up at AFD. :banana:

Here --> link

Let's see if she's got any fans left at WP to salvage her magnum opus.
<|>

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:39 am

Ada Sinn wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:25 pm
One of Laura's masterpieces - Fifth-wave feminism in Ibero-America (T-H-L) - finally ended up at AFD. :banana:

Here --> link

Almost everything she ever worked on should be AfD'd under shitty article, paid editing, conflict of interest, failing reliable sources, mass stub creation, copy/pasta, copyright violations.... etc.

Ada Sinn
Critic

Unread post by Ada Sinn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:35 am

Vigilant wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:39 am
Ada Sinn wrote:

Here --> link

Almost everything she ever worked on should be AfD'd under shitty article, paid editing, conflict of interest, failing reliable sources, mass stub creation, copy/pasta, copyright violations.... etc.
:agree:
<|>

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 am

Ada Sinn wrote:

Here --> link

Evidently, not so far: just three !votes, all Deletes, all noting "original research".

Ada Sinn
Critic

Unread post by Ada Sinn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:25 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 am
Ada Sinn wrote:

Here --> link

Evidently, not so far: just three !votes, all Deletes, all noting "original research".
Deleted now :like:
<|>

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Deleted on the basis of just three !votes other than the nominator. Clearly, the "community" didn't give two hoots.

rhindle
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kafkaesque
Wikipedia Review Member: rhindle

Unread post by rhindle » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:29 pm

Her fan club must not be paying attention anymore or went on to other things. This AfD actually had to be relisted and still didn't get extra input. Even mentioned here where I'm sure many 'pedians lurk and keep tabs on things and still no traction.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:36 pm

rhindle wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:29 pm
Her fan club must not be paying attention anymore or went on to other things. This AfD actually had to be relisted and still didn't get extra input. Even mentioned here where I'm sure many 'pedians lurk and keep tabs on things and still no traction.
Her fan club must be dead in the water after all the controversy.

ArmasRebane
Gregarious

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:06 pm

rhindle wrote:
An observation I've found at many levels is that insofar as people actually have what you could term "fan clubs" (rather than loose clustering of values that lead them to generally be on similar sides of a potential conflict) it rarely extends to actual content. The most cynical view is that people of a more inclusionist interpretation of Wikipedia's mandate rarely actually want to put the work in to improving or maintaining the articles they fight to keep, or in any case people are lazy.

In this case especially, it doesn't help that the author's name is largely obfuscated from the articles in question, and they're on niche topics that aren't going to attract much comment otherwise.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 pm

ArmasRebane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:06 pm

An observation I've found at many levels is that insofar as people actually have what you could term "fan clubs" (rather than loose clustering of values that lead them to generally be on similar sides of a potential conflict) it rarely extends to actual content. The most cynical view is that people of a more inclusionist interpretation of Wikipedia's mandate rarely actually want to put the work in to improving or maintaining the articles they fight to keep, or in any case people are lazy.

In this case especially, it doesn't help that the author's name is largely obfuscated from the articles in question, and they're on niche topics that aren't going to attract much comment otherwise.
This. :like:

I've had numerous experiences where a worthy article gets nominated at AFD, people go to absurd lengths to oppose the nomination, it gets kept with a rationale that it could be improved, but nobody actually does so.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

rhindle
Habitué

Unread post by rhindle » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:48 pm

ArmasRebane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:06 pm

True. And the fact she is not around anymore(as far as we know), no white knights will show up either. If a mass deletion of her articles happened, it may be a different story though.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 am

rhindle wrote:
She doesn't have a fan club.

She's a user of people and nothing more.

rhindle
Habitué

Unread post by rhindle » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 am
rhindle wrote:

I guess I should have put "scare quotes" around "fan club." It was a facetious referencing from the Wikipedia:Unblockables (T-H-L) essay.
The fan club. These users sometimes have a fan club who will leap to their defense no matter what outrageous actions they may take. The offending user and the admin who unblocked them can sit back and let these users shout at you until you are sick of the whole affair. The fan club is only interested in overturning the block and chasing away the admin who dared to impose it. Wikipedia policy, logic, reason, common sense, fair play, all these things are irrelevant to the fan club unless they seem to favor their side. They will twist and turn any statement you make, any action you make, to mean something sinister, and they will defend the unblockable in any way they can, even if it makes no sense.
Although here I'm not applying it to being blocked but having a group fight to keep your nonsense from getting deleted.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:53 am

rhindle wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 am
Vigilant wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 am
rhindle wrote:

I guess I should have put "scare quotes" around "fan club." It was a facetious referencing from the Wikipedia:Unblockables (T-H-L) essay.
The fan club. These users sometimes have a fan club who will leap to their defense no matter what outrageous actions they may take. The offending user and the admin who unblocked them can sit back and let these users shout at you until you are sick of the whole affair. The fan club is only interested in overturning the block and chasing away the admin who dared to impose it. Wikipedia policy, logic, reason, common sense, fair play, all these things are irrelevant to the fan club unless they seem to favor their side. They will twist and turn any statement you make, any action you make, to mean something sinister, and they will defend the unblockable in any way they can, even if it makes no sense.
Although here I'm not applying it to being blocked but having a group fight to keep your nonsense from getting deleted.
I understood what you meant and perhaps my response was too terse.

Laura Hale was never really one of the standard unblockables.
The usual meaning is someone who is part of a tight clique that blends koolaid drinking about 'the mission', in person meetings at the various money wasting trips and a long term, implicit, mutual defense arrangement.
Eric Corbett is a classic example of a ranking member of a nerd cabal.

Laura Hale is a malignant narcissistic and a sociopath.
She's a user of people, not a friend in any sort of sense.
Once you've crossed here, and you may not know what you did(witness poor Hawkeye77), or your usefulness appears to be permanently gone, she turns on you and casts you out, like flicking an unexpected bug off her hand.
Laura is a parasite, a fatal one, on nerd cabals, like a particularly noxious Brood_parasite (T-H-L).

There's a deep sickness to Laura Hale.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 am

<bump>

spartaz
Critic
Wikipedia User: Spartaz
Wikipedia Review Member: Spartaz

Unread post by spartaz » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:43 am

Porquoi <bump>?
Evil by definition
Badly spelled by crappy tablet
Humbugg!

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:41 am

spartaz wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:43 am
Porquoi <bump>?
Let's allow it for now, but if nothing substantive crops up in the next couple of days, we'll de-bump it. I was under the impression that things have been fairly quiet on this front, but hey, things happen.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:15 pm

Unless something new occurs, I'd advise removing the new posts and locking.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:23 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:15 pm
Unless something new occurs, I'd advise removing the new posts and locking.
:agree:

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:38 pm

Does the extension of the board's term and cancellation of elections look like a power grab to anyone else?

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:10 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:38 pm
Does the extension of the board's term and cancellation of elections look like a power grab to anyone else?
Do we have that info in another topic?

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:27 am

Zoloft wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:10 am
Vigilant wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:38 pm
Do we have that info in another topic?
Not specifically; there was a thread, but it didn't get much traction. Maybe we could rename that thread or something to try and resurrect it...?

I guess because it looked like it was necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic, and they pretty much said that was why they did it, most of us decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. And to be fair, it's a little bit hard to imagine what the current board intends to do with the extra year that they haven't done already, but they could have something nefarious in mind.

The most likely thing (IMO) would be that they were worried new board members would try to derail the "Great Steamroller Ride to Total Knowledge Equity" plan, but I suspect COVID-19 will delay that too — and if so, they don't gain much from the extension in that department.

:shrug:

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:44 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:27 am
Not specifically; there was a thread, but it didn't get much traction. Maybe we could rename that thread or something to try and resurrect it...?
Yes, that would be the place to discuss the issue. It's a bit off topic here.

eagle
Eagle

Unread post by eagle » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:52 pm

The draft Universal Code of Conduct has been posted for public comment. I dare any fair-minded person to compare the Code to Laura Hale's conduct discussed in this thread. There is much substance that would be prohibited. However, stuff like "respect people's pronouns" etc. would probably be quickly weaponized by Laura to distract from any attempt to reign in her excesses.

For that reason, the Universal Code of Conduct will be a failure, because of the unwritten rule that the UCoC is not to be enforced in an even-handed manner, but rather to be weaponized by people like Laura Hale against other editors who focus of substance, particularly white, male editors and admins.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:50 pm

eagle wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:52 pm
The draft Universal Code of Conduct has been posted for public comment. I dare any fair-minded person to compare the Code to Laura Hale's conduct discussed in this thread. There is much substance that would be prohibited. However, stuff like "respect people's pronouns" etc. would probably be quickly weaponized by Laura to distract from any attempt to reign in her excesses.

For that reason, the Universal Code of Conduct will be a failure, because of the unwritten rule that the UCoC is not to be enforced in an even-handed manner, but rather to be weaponized by people like Laura Hale against other editors who focus of substance, particularly white, male editors and admins.
Large parts of it seem particularly crafted to protect her behavior.

No following someone around and correcting their edits, even if they're garbage, for example.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:57 pm

Laura Hale now listing Manager, International Relations on her linkedin...

:rotfl:

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:05 pm

Manager of what Exactly? Grifting Griftable Griftologies, Inc[ompetence]...?
Last edited by C&B on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:23 pm

It looks like Courcelles (T-C-L) has been sneaking back after getting badly burned in the Laura Hale debacle.

Vigilant

Re: Laura Hale

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:58 am

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:28 am
mendaliv wrote:
Vigilant wrote:That’s cute, you think Maria Sefidari has a wiki career ahead.
I'm too cynical to think she won't stay right where she is, or even if she doesn't get reelected to the Board, get hired by WMF for god-knows-what.
Good call.

She's now a festering sore on the body politic.
With Katherine Maher leaving suddenly, this interesting comment, by a much missed mendaliv, seems germane.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:22 am

by a much missed mendaliv
I've always wondered what happened to him since he abruptly stopped posting here and editing wp in 2019.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:21 pm

To understand why Maria Sefidari Huici is resigning rather than face another board election, read this thread.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:41 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:16 am
mendaliv wrote:
Vigilant wrote:That’s cute, you think Maria Sefidari has a wiki career ahead.
I'm too cynical to think she won't stay right where she is, or even if she doesn't get reelected to the Board, get hired by WMF for god-knows-what.
Oh, she's still right in the hub of money and power, Vig. You are way, way too optimistic.

RfB
:popcorn:

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:50 am

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:54 am
I'm certain that the Raystorm quote
If the committee decides to only fund one person, it should be LauraHale. I can later hook up with her and she can relay her experiences.
was intended to be an inside joke.
:popcorn: