Content drama on article about Anonymous hacker who broke into Chinese nuclear and satellite interfaces

For discussions on privacy implications, including BLP issues
Ognistysztorm
Critic
kołdry
Actual Name: Ogden (they/them)

Content drama on article about Anonymous hacker who broke into Chinese nuclear and satellite interfaces

Unread post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:59 pm

Direct quote:

https://old.reddit.com/r/wikipedia/comm ... n/itdrx51/

https://np.reddit.com/r/firstworldprobl ... or_delete/

https://old.reddit.com/r/deletionism/co ... or_delete/

A drama has erupted on Wikipedia on a biographical article about a hacker known for being associated with Anonymous™.

There they argue on whether to remove/censor big parts of passages, especially about the fact that he hacked Chinese nuclear and space systems since they think that a biggest Taiwanese newspaper is "marginally reliable". Geographical bias at its finest.

There was a sole defending IP editor with an open proxy range and either turned rogue or was hijacked by a vandal before they could reach some kind of resolution. Before that it appeared at Wikipedia's administrator noticeboard for a time. Tensions were very high.

Quotes of note.

IP editor:
Except that, now the zeal looks no different that (name censored)'s as it starts to disrupt the narrative story flow of the article, like this, especially the latter of the cause-and-effect aspects. This is fast degenerating into additionism/retentionism vs removalism which had happened perennially in this site as a whole, which to the best of my understanding has contributed to low editorial retention. From time to time absolutist rationales and stances to justify deletion/noninclusion of contents and even whole pages, which had sometimes contributed to Systemic bias; one of the long string of latest examples being Donna Strickland. It's easy to just sit down at couch and say "I don't know anything of that or that or that, let's delete it!" about local people, politics, economics, religion, events, science, arts, literature, film, theater, food and drinking/restaurants, geography, astronomy, dance, music, sports, education and whatever all around the globe". It's also easy to remove "unimportant or irrelevant" information because of lack of familiarity or disinterest due to cultural differences. While you here might want a simplistic presentation, others like readers might want Wikipedia to be detailed and be like a Wiki rabbit hole. To the best of my understanding, the German Wikipedia underwent similar craze and as a result lost financial donors and contributors due to "purging trolls" activity. Because of that their publications has regularly linked to English Wiki instead of their native version. Note that I'm not advocating for an radically unrestricted of anything into this encyclopedia because some may violate copyright laws or otherwise misinformation, but it's no good either if you take the other side to the extreme. With the help of this word counter which I copied and pasted the text from the original version (before name censored removal), the word count stands at 1,321 words (including the section titles). This is far short of 6,000 to 10,000 words described in WP:SIZESPLIT which takes between 30 and 40 minutes to read at average speed. In the end additionism/retentionism vs removalism is a zero sum game which not playing would be wise. One possible middle ground is to use only reliable sources with Taiwan News, VICE and Heise as a minimum in terms of reputation and/or reliability, and move on after that.
An editor who wants removal:
I agree with (name censored) The article is in a pretty bad state, with a rather large amount of unencyclopaedic and crufty content that should be removed. Unfortunately, with the IP editor's preference for long paragraphs that say very little ([274]), repeated baiting attempts directed at me ([275], [276], [277]), and their recent restoration of content crufty material because it "disrupted the story flow" ([278]), I am not alone in being extremely hesitant to try and make any improvements to the article at present. I fear that without some sort of intervention, frustration will drive otherwise productive and good faith editors away from the article in the form of "Let the Wookiee win"
Another:
Hi, the editor whose edits were challenged here. Wanted to point out that when the discussion about my edits was started, the IP editor mentioned but didnt tag me. When another put a notice on my talk page to tell me about the discussion, the IP editor removed it. diff 1, diff 2 Also wanna mention that the Taiwan News RfC was never closed, but by my count the survey had 7 votes for "Generally reliable", 9 votes for "Marginally reliable or unclear", and 1 vote for "Generally unreliable and too partisan for factual reporting". I didnt know about the RfC when I challenged the source, just that it wasnt WP:RSP, but the IP editor has been saying the RfC decided Taiwan News is "quite reliable" and I dunno where that came from. For my edits, I did it in three parts because they needed three different edit summaries and because I wanted to wait and look at the article more before removing the biggest chunk. I havent edited the page since my edits were challenged.
IP editor (again):
(name censored) had by now told me and others to go to a multitude of other wikis catering for intricate/narrative style of presentation. There's a huge problem with the notion; speaking from reader's perspectives, if you want to learn about a subject you don't know or otherwise obscure to you, would you prefer them to be presented at one stop in a trusted encyclopedia rather than going site-by-site? Because here's one thing; by hopping through different sites there's also a security risk because presently browser exploits like remote code execution are all too prevalent and even "legitimate source sites" can one day fall victim to such attack. As an example Over 47,000 Malicious WordPress Plugins Are Active on Nearly 25,000 Websites. Scan it with Malwarebytes, Virustotal or anything you can, but most of the time they don't catch zero-day attacks until it's late. Almost all the policies that we cite here are formed during the 00s or 10s, when these aren't so prevalent. English Wikipedia ultimately is among the top sites visited on the Internet and it looks so much like putting too many eggs in one place since the shutdown of Google Knol.

After all, it's going straight into the dead end per the Poe's law if we harangue on what constitutes "improvement" or "unencyclopaedic", so as (name censored) claimed the problems now involve conduct issues here are a couple of questions for her, although (name censored) can answer as well:

If you can remember, what caused you to come to the article for the first time? It'd be helpful if you describe your feelings back then. Most importantly, you insisted on wanting to work on and improve the article, so what was your end goal? Let's do a thought experiment where suddenly you are the only active editor in Wikipedia while on that page. Imagine that Thanos had been resurrected and snaps everyone except you. More realistically, the sham referendums at occupied areas in Ukraine went through and Putin uses it as a justification ("threatening Russia's territorial integrity") to fire a tactical nuke at the Black Sea. Maybe Putin's crazier than we thought and sent the kiloton against Ivano-Frankivsk, Izmail, Lozova, Irshava Berdiansk, Tokmak, you name it. Instead of cowing the world NATO intervenes and destroy Russian positions throughout occupied areas resulting in a formal declaration of war by RU. A malfunctioning early warning radar falsely reported incoming missiles but there's no Stanislav Petrov this time. San Francisco is hit with a Bulava MIRV, as does New York City, Washington DC, London, Belfast, Edinburgh, Manchester, Moscow, St Petersburg, Vladivostok, Paris, Lyon, Marseille, and so many other cities, knocking off the Internet for good. You survived, hiding in a bunker or something. It turns out that you have a complete dump in a hard drive and deciding to edit that a bit to present to leftover future generations. What would that be for this page? To answer the question, put the page source in personal sandbox or rather WP:SANDBOX, edit it as if you're the only one doing that, and put the sandbox diff link of your finished work back here. For reference, this is my answer.
Passerby:
Around 7,000 words of discussion or 18 pages in a letter-sized document with Arial font 11. Wow. I am fascinated by this talk page treatises. I am sure there are editors who would gladly analyze this discussion to determine a summary and render a resolution. But most editors would walk away in an instant though. I have to mention that you guys still are midway of reaching the 14,000 level of an epic by (name censored). Cheers!
im14andthisisdeep:
Ultimately the best of both worlds would be forking. I think that Meta-Wiki had said somewhere that alternative namespaces could serve fit for the purpose; even though Simple English Wikipedia, which is so ideal for reductionists/minimalists, is so underutilized.

Most of the time y'all will take an inch for a mile, while the clash of synergistic currents continues unabated. Seen it a hundred times. Here's a two cent prognosis. Take an example. (name censored) took reductionism/minimalism to the extreme like it's like Icarus going to the sun, so much that they finally had enough of him. He has the template on his page that "he reserves the right to screw up", but that doesn't do much. More recent would be the (name censored) controversy; not really addition/reductionism related, but ya'll came very close to imploding. It's a miracle that most of the world were too enmeshed of the protests in Hong Kong; otherwise there'd be a few, if not hundreds, of forks now, rather than a monolith monopoly took for granted, or so many eggs in a basket. Tides are forever, but sandcastles aren't.
Now they're itching to remove it.
I was actually just looking at that. I think that because of the 2016 Motherboard article, 2018 BBC news piece, and the 2020 IranWire interview we just barely squeak over the GNG line. But it's super marginal, and I could also see an AfD deleting the article anyway.
AfD stands for Articles for Deletion. The hacker in question had touched Russian database systems, North Korean website, TV set top boxes and Iranian website for just over half a decade. r/maliciouscompliance anyone?

The defending editor also made the following comment, thought you might like to know as well:
One last thing. The word "contentious" which is the first word of BLP warning mantra is up to question in terms of definition, so I'll defer to the essay Wikipedia:Contentious instead. As it goes, Perhaps recognising that articles are the sum of their parts is a valid course of action. Editors should view the "contentious claim" quite aside from the person whom it is attached to, and ask frankly whether they would have a problem with that edit being about their favourite (or least favourite) person in the world, without high quality reliable sourcing, as if "he leered at a cat" is equivalent to "the sky is blue" or "Paris is the capital of France".

Within the subject's associated subculture or the topical circle, hacking acts are seen as if they are like doing making arts or musics; even more so for hacktivists, a portmanteau for hacker and activist, unlike in others such as scientists, musicians, aviators, actors, elected officials in US and so on where "good character" of them is normally expected upon by readers and instead be seen as a abhorred stain of their career. There's a modicum of "every snowflake is unique" and pulling a one size fits all is sometimes the wrong approach just to put it. What's been discussed here can be said as mostly "penumbral issue". Within the topical field in general if you want an example of a more clear-cut BLP violation, that would be the claims of "faking a hack", or that they molested a girl, or revealing their real identity. Unless there is absolutely reliable source like BBC, the very latter should be subjected to the strict letters of BLP. To paraphrase (name censored), there is being cautious, and there is being unduly overcautious. Wikipedia risks losing credibility with the general public if we are not giving information about certain topics based on vague or exaggerated concerns.

Upon delving further it turns out that it's often easy to mistake something as a coatrack. As it goes, it would be reasonable to include brief information of the background behind a key detail, even if the background has no direct relevance to the article's topic, as long as such information is used sparingly and does not provide any more explanation than a reasonably knowledgeable reader would require. An article on the anatomical feature Adam's apple could explain that the term arose from the biblical character Adam; a regurgitation of the Book of Genesis, or an outline of the full story of original sin would not be necessary. Material that is supported by a reliable, published source whose topic is directly related to the topic of the article, is not using the article as a coatrack. Ultimately the passage about (name censored) is an explainer that (name censored - article subject) had different ambitions, only to be affected by the war in Ukraine and shooting down of a plane. This is as long as Bieber didn't get sucked into Weinstein-level scandals to the effect of tarnishing anything else that have his name, in that case they can simply be re-removed, but until then it's mere WP:CRYSTALBALL.
An essay against "crying BLP!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... %22BLP!%22

The hacker in question which is the topic of the Wikipedia entry, had touched Russian database systems, North Korean website, TV set top boxes and Iranian website for just over half a decade. Meanwhile, the arguments has since devolved into a series of editorial disruptions, resulting in page locks and user blocks. Other concerned people had even filed a "sockpuppet investigation" against the remover, which was firstly said to be a "suspected abuser" receiving a brief block before being overturned and exonerated, although the possibility of "meatpuppetry" remains.

Most of the texts regarding his latter activity in the biographical article were cited by sources with high regional reputation such as Taiwan News but those were neverthelessly removed even though a 2021 discussion Reliable Sources noticeboard established it as "marginally reliable", providing the possibility of being used as long as inline citations are involved. What they've done had the effect of worsening systematic biases as well.

It has since spilled over into several articles with the goalpost shifted to "notability", something well-known for being easily subjected to the eyes of any beholder:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117020972

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117020325

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117019566

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117018785

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117017808

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117017321

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1117017092

Prior to these, according to xtools, the editor making out of the blue removals has an unusual single topic interest on Wikileaks and Julian Assange, known pro-Russian "fellow travellers". Finally it's very interesting that this came out recently:

https://www.wired.com/story/wikipedia-s ... formation/

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Re: Content drama on article about Anonymous hacker who broke into Chinese nuclear and satellite interfaces

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:15 pm

Welcome Orgnistysztorm.

It looks like your post is just quotes of Reddit comments? It's pretty hard to read and understand what's going on. Can you summarize what this is about?

The Wired article linked at the end relates to a recent paper that already has a thread here. I downloaded it but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Ognistysztorm
Critic

Re: Content drama on article about Anonymous hacker who broke into Chinese nuclear and satellite interfaces

Unread post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:35 pm

Hello too. I don't have many free time presently but the IP editor there had made a timeline:
I'll summarize the timeline of the editorial conflict here as best as I can, although some pertinent points may be left out and personal opinions may be included. Complimentary page history in case I missed anything since this is still gonna be a longcat.

Softlemonades removed a large corpus of passages in sequence (1, 2 and 3, saying that they are "Fails verification", "Removed unneeded text" and "Removed unreliable sources and poorly sourced or unsourced information".

I have a feed of pages in my watch, mostly related to 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, and this was no exception. After noticing the changes it immediately struck as an overzealous removal, likely bordering on disruption/vandalism as happened with many other war pages. I looked at Softlemonades' contrib history for a glance and saw that he's did it before on Wikileaks article and madeangry talkspace edit summary. Those were deemed as red flags for disruptors/trolls/vandals. Defcon level goes up to 2.

The corpus of contents were then restored in sequence by me. Spooked by Softlemonade's claim that Taiwan News is non-reliable I went to search for WP:RSN archives and found a 2021 RfC with the snowball consensus of marginally reliable, although back then I judged it as "quite reliable" because "reliable" votes are the runner up while looking at the strength of the arguments. Taiwan News is one of the major English language newspaper in Taiwan, alongside China Post (since closed down) and Taipei Times. The judgement used by Softlemonades was little too skewed towards Euro-American perspective; he later admitted that he wasn't aware of the 2021 RfC.

Sure, Taiwan News made some biased claims against China when covering COVID, but again it's a paragon of virtue of WP:SYSTEMATICBIAS to assume that it must be depreciated solely because of that. Are we gonna throw the baby with the water? New York Times didn't retract Walter Duranty's pieces extolling USSR and denying Holodomor, but did the same standard apply to them? By the way when I reverted him, Seeing that it was just another page in "quiet zone" in terms of frequency of edits so I expected him to either follow the BRD cycle, or rather move on. Suddenly Sideswipe9th (yes, it's a homage to a Transformers figure) "swiped" in like a ninja and undo all my edits.

Frankly for a moment they seemed as if they were tag teaming. Nonetheless I reverted her again stating that the onus to discuss was on Softlemonade's pursuant to BRD, while stating that his removal has created more problems (such as making the article out of date). Accordingly, warning templates against disruptive editing were issued, with the further implication of WP:AN3 or WP:AIV should they continue doing that.

Sideswipe "cried BLP", asking me to "self-revert" while invoking WP:BLPRESTORE. Sure there is such as rule and I wasn't aware so I acted accordingly, while saying that I will switch to "third opinion" format, with an admin Nick Moyes actually who edited it in the past, chosen by random. At first she nodded and asked me to invite her to the discussion, with further comments regarding BLPRESTORE.

Then she backpedalled by inviting Softlemonades into this discussion. It's a telltale bad faith negotiation. That's when it starts to go wrong become a drama despite my wishes. Due to WP:DNFTT I had to skirt it a bit and reverted her invitation, in two because of filters. She then restored it again.

Seeing that they are trying to get away with minority rule by gaming the process, like what the SCOTUS did with guns and Roe, I had to expand the invitee pool, this time semi-randomly, picking those who are in the relevant Wikiproject or had otherwise involved with the page. They are Cambial Yellowing, Deku-shrub, GorillaWarfare, Scope creep and I dream of horses. The talkspace activity in WikiProject Computer Security looks stale enough; you can even see a notice that it is "semi-active" on its main page, making it impractical to "follow the process" as they would later emphasize.

Sideswipe goes into "wikilawyer" mode which I rebutted, saying that it's guaranteed to generate a WikiDrama given his tendentious editing, so there's a reason to make it an ad-hoc "third opinion" discussion in the first place. WP:IAR exists for multitude of reasons; one of which is to prevent abuse of process to disrupt Wikipedia with things like dramas, pointy stuff, vandalism and so on. There's process, but there's also practicality.

Back to this talk page again. Now the sources and passages undergoes nickel and dime. Two polar opposite meta-level views are at play, fueled by synergies upon synergies. It'll be very exhaustive to list the diffs, but as you can see at the top part of this discussion. They were alleging that some are primary sources, one is a bioarxiv preprint, some may not fit WP:DUEWEIGHT, and some are otherwise "unreliable" and WP:OR by WP:SYNTH, all the while brought up an unrelated past case of "nested archives". As response, I had made clear that they were "MacGuffins", it will disruptive the overall narrative flow if removed (see WP:OVERSIMPLIFY, WP:WEASEL and Template:Context). and they even misintepreted the intentions or meaning of some passages, such as that of a Heinz Heise source meant to describe the lasting effects and scope of Cyber Anakin's KM.ru and Nival leaks, namely that the leaks ended up indexed by Distributed Denial of Secrets, and there are exceptions to SYNTH which I'm sure applies within this case. They really did fit the proverb of "making a mountain out of the molehill"; or picking the bones out of the egg. I'll never forget the impression that Sideswipe's out of the place as she is GENSEX editor and this topic is far out of her beat. Think of fumbling while editing about animals when someone's too involved in cars instead.

Either way, it doesn't feel right to solve a problem by making two so I restored the passages, specifically about his hack of Chinese SCADA systems. This time she dared me to start an ANI thread while simply issuing a 3RR warning. There at first a calm, so I took time to focus on contents by making small fixes, ditto and talking more about the Heise.

That calm? It was only calm before the storm. Despite my wishes, such as going to WP:BLPN at max, she skipped these intermediate stages altogether and went to ANI. Other editors like Nil Einne chimed in, started a thread on WP:BLPN accordingly, while making some fixes like removing Twitter-cited DOB (the subject of the unrelated "nested archives" past case), the Meduza-cited passage and MOS:OVERLINK, though I reverted the middle because it actually disrupted the narrative, namely the effect of his hacks. With help of Nil Einne, we were able to agree on the removal of things like biorxiv preprints, the primary sources (hacker's deface page which was in turn corroborated by Taiwan News). The fact about his hack of Chinese SCADA systems and five Russian websites remains.

At that point Softlemonades responded and goes over the fact about his hack of Chinese SCADA systems and five Russian websites. I might skip it for fear of making this into a soapbox, just that there were lots of back and forths, such as that taking removalism to the extreme is harmful while the page is far from being "too long", me apologizing to him after learning about the mistake of him being "difficult editor", and stating that a 2006 ArbCom ruling found removals of well-sourced text like that of Softlemonades disruptive.

Concurrently, there's also a dispute on what constitutes "significant change". While removing about 2/3 of the originally targeted corpuses is sufficient for me (based on char count), it's not for them. Eventually Softlemonades seemingly got fed up, preferring with "leave it to the admins".

There's hope that the drama could lapse and provide speedy resolution, except it's not. Softlemonades re-upped his challenge, continuing to pick a bone on my initial slight misintepretation of 2021 RfC consensus while Sideswipe implored the admins to intervene, playing the victim that they can't "improve" the article as freely as possible. There were accusations of canvassing, although t's as overhyped as the rest because interestingly enough I got a message asking me to test Vector 2022; by their standards is "canvassing" also. My reaction? Happy to do that.

So we're now here. Upon seeing Sideswipe's implore for "intervention", and after she asked me and others to go to a different wiki which caters to our needs, I put something rebutting that people might want to stay on one stop because many other sites might contain zero day viruses and it's a greater risk for readers to hop between sites to learn about something, before walking her through a thought experiment where she is suddenly the only editor and modify the article as her preference, and put the results back through a sandbox diff link. As of now there is no response yet. Maybe she's working on that. Maybe she's blinked. Either way, just before you two came here, Softlemonades said that the consensus of 2021 RfC of Taiwan News points to "marginally reliable". It's a good start. Now the next step is how to navigate that, although standard procedures usually involve in-text attribution and corroboration in the form of simultaneous citation of more reliable sources. Ultimately from a bigger picture this is just another epitome of the clashes between different editing and presentation philosophies.
That was, just before a vandal logged on to the editors' open proxy range and impersonated them, escalating it beyond of control.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:38 pm

That's probably not quite what Mr. Stapler meant in using the term "summarize," but having looked into this, I'd have to say that it really amounts to a fairly typical BLP editing dispute, if you put aside questions regarding the identities of the people involved (and whether or not their political affiliations, whatever those may be, are a factor).

Basically, User:Softlemonades (T-C-L) — who may be associated in some way with BLP article subject Cyber Anakin (T-H-L) — added some non-negative things about him to his BLP, but User:Sideswipe9th (T-H-L) removed them, ostensibly due to inadequate sourcing. An AnonIP (45.136.197.235 (T-C-L), who might also be associated with Cyber Anakin) tried to restore some of the material, leading to accusations of "edit-warring," followed by a trip to WP:ANI, etc., etc.

I'm not saying this is just another mundane BLP squabble, since there are some politics involved, and Cyber Anakin (who has a handy Wordpress blog) does appear to be a force to be reckoned with in the world of "grey-hat" computer hackers. He actually seems like a decent guy really, based on who he's been hacking... :evilgrin: Anyway, for all I know he could be totally unaware of this whole situation. That may be a naive statement on my part, but for now at least, I guess I don't see the harm in our having a thread on it.

(I should also note that we have no technical evidence here that Mr. Ognistysztorm is the one operating the pro-Anakin accounts/IPs on Wikipedia, though admittedly it would be trivial for any reasonably-talented hacker to avoid leaving such evidence.)

Ognistysztorm
Critic

Unread post by Ognistysztorm » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:25 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:38 pm
That's probably not quite what Mr. Stapler meant in using the term "summarize," but having looked into this, I'd have to say that it really amounts to a fairly typical BLP editing dispute, if you put aside questions regarding the identities of the people involved (and whether or not their political affiliations, whatever those may be, are a factor).

Basically, User:Softlemonades (T-C-L) — who may be associated in some way with BLP article subject Cyber Anakin (T-H-L) — added some non-negative things about him to his BLP, but User:Sideswipe9th (T-H-L) removed them, ostensibly due to inadequate sourcing. An AnonIP (45.136.197.235 (T-C-L), who might also be associated with Cyber Anakin) tried to restore some of the material, leading to accusations of "edit-warring," followed by a trip to WP:ANI, etc., etc.

I'm not saying this is just another mundane BLP squabble, since there are some politics involved, and Cyber Anakin (who has a handy Wordpress blog) does appear to be a force to be reckoned with in the world of "grey-hat" computer hackers. He actually seems like a decent guy really, based on who he's been hacking... :evilgrin: Anyway, for all I know he could be totally unaware of this whole situation. That may be a naive statement on my part, but for now at least, I guess I don't see the harm in our having a thread on it.

(I should also note that we have no technical evidence here that Mr. Ognistysztorm is the one operating the pro-Anakin accounts/IPs on Wikipedia, though admittedly it would be trivial for any reasonably-talented hacker to avoid leaving such evidence.)
According to past page history, it was Softlemonades who removed large chunk of text from the article, such as passages about the hack against nuclear power plants and satellites along with five Russian sites since the start of the Russian invasion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1108026150

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1111934557

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1111935125

Putting on a tin foil hat there's also the more mundane conjecture that Softlemonades is an Anonymous member too who did it out of "OPSEC" (operational security). :evilgrin:

But still it won't be any different at all than if politics were involved given the incentive to protect a certain nation's image because it is not really a good look for them which is trying to mislead the world to accepting their lordship if a random hacker can pull a Matthias Rust like that, making them look weak.

The other day Anonymous was aware of copyright hysterias on the relevant entries:

https://twitter.com/DepaixPorteur/statu ... 6877169667
Wikipedia moderators absolutely just destroyed the Anonymous pages history. Removed so much shit claiming it as "copyrighted material" when we're the ones who did the work. Our friends are the writers who wrote the articles, our friends at DDOZecretz did the publicity and hosting
Chances are they are aware of it now and it's gonna be very interesting.