Tamzin RfA

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
hako9
Contributor
kołdry
Wikipedia User: hako9

Re: Tamzin RfA

Unread post by hako9 » Mon May 02, 2022 4:32 pm

Tamzin, the desysoper. How does that sound?

Populations dont like wars. They have to be fooled into wars.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 4:48 pm

Uh oh.

Someone's been inflating their edit counts with automated tools to win at RfA?!
Tamzin's actual contribution count

I attempted to go through Tamzin's recent contributions and this way get an idea of both her editing skills and her topics of interest, given that she has seemingly amassed over 30,000 edits. To my surprise, the majority of her recent edits turned out to be automated clicks, mostly using such scripts as AWB/JWB and Twinkle. Digging further, I saw that the account has barely 4,915 non-automated edits to the mainspace,[1] and this number very likely also includes the 1,449 new page patrolling actions.

So, this leaves us with rather few content edits. Stats show that just 557 of her edits are 1,000 bytes or more, and it appears most are automated AfD notifications.

I don't mean that Tamzin has no editing experience; she does have some – she has created 8 stubs and, very recently, two pages with more substantial content.[2].

Yet – is it only me, or do others also feel that this is a rather limited content experience for someone who intends to work in arbitration enforcement area? — kashmīrī TALK 15:38, 2 May 2022 (UTC)
Say it ain't so, Joe!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So much for due diligence at RfA on en.wp.

Xtools
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Mon May 02, 2022 5:24 pm

Seems like a rat-poking hit job by right-of-center stooges!!

Ansh666
Critic
Wikipedia User: Ansh666

Unread post by Ansh666 » Mon May 02, 2022 5:41 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by that. I'd expect pretty much any RfA to be roughly the same. I don't have hard stats to back it up and I'm not dedicated enough to look it up, but it's probably an exception to have someone with more non-automated edits. Heck, Tamzin has more non-automated mainspace edits now than I had total when I went through mine. That really seems like grasping at straws to me.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 6:42 pm

Ansh666 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:41 pm
Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by that. I'd expect pretty much any RfA to be roughly the same. I don't have hard stats to back it up and I'm not dedicated enough to look it up, but it's probably an exception to have someone with more non-automated edits. Heck, Tamzin has more non-automated mainspace edits now than I had total when I went through mine. That really seems like grasping at straws to me.
I bet most modern RfA candidates have more non-automated mainspace edits than that.

Certainly, more than 8 stubs...
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Ansh666
Critic

Unread post by Ansh666 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:14 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:42 pm
Ansh666 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:41 pm
I bet most modern RfA candidates have more non-automated mainspace edits than that.

Certainly, more than 8 stubs...
Colin M (T-C-L) - 4,239 (69.2%) link
Sdrqaz (T-C-L) - 8,743 (65.3%) link
Firefly (T-C-L) - 2,213 (34.3%) link
Modussiccandi (T-C-L) - 6,170 (64.7%) link
Ifnord (T-C-L) - 3,173 (12.9%) link
theleekycauldron (T-C-L) - 2,920 (76.6%) link

Huh, you may be right. Makes me wonder why my high non-automated percentage was brought up as an amazing feat, but then again I haven't been paying attention to RfA that much over the years (and I never really cared about edit count/content creation anyways).

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 pm

Sideswipe9th (T-C-L)

This is some bullshit
As one of the editors who believed, and still believes that Hammersoft's conduct amounted to bullying, I disagree wholeheartedly that asking Hammersoft to withdraw those remarks amounted to badgering.

Consider the words that Hammersoft wrote:

* "This lock-step belief that a person can't be trusted if they have political views opposing the candidate's isn't just troubling, it's disgusting in the extreme." - Hammersoft calls Tamzin's beliefs "disgusting in the extreme". A personal attack.
* "That we would embolden a member of this community with such despicable views is horrifying" - Hammersoft calls Tamzin's views "despicable" and "horrifying." Another personal attack.
* "@Tamzin: I noted above that I would prefer you to withdraw this candidacy." - Hammersoft pings Tamzin, to ensure that they have seen this and the prior replies
* "If this RfA were to start over with this revelation in place, I dare say it's clear it would not pass." Hammersoft predicts an alternate future that is detremental to Tamzin
* "But, do you really want to be an administrator given that the community, since the revelation, is clearly not supporting you?" Hammersoft opines that the community as a whole is not supporting Tamzin, in an attempt to pressure them to withdraw.

Next, consider our no personal attacks policy. Right there in the lead it says "Do not make personal attacks anywhere on Wikipedia. Comment on content, not on the contributor." Emphasis from the original text. Hammersoft's first two comments are in a strict violation of that. They are describing a contributors beliefs as "despicable", "horrifying", and "disgusting in the extreme". Given the egregiousness of these attacks, in any other context one editor saying this about another would be grounds for a warning at best, and a block at worst. However, Hammersoft is not just a run of the mill editor, they are an administrator. As such, they are held to a higher standard of conduct.

Next, take a look at Hammersoft's user page. It lists 10 principles that Hammersoft believes should be applied to all editors. Now look at principle 9, which states civility is "One of the least enforced but most critical policies on the project". You cannot be civil when engaging in a personal attack against another editor.

Finally, please look at Hammersoft's recall page. It lists five criteria. Number 1 is "Communication is key; if you feel that I have acted inappropriately, discuss the issue with me first. As with all things, I will be responsive." When I and other editors challenged what Hammersoft had said, particularly subsequent to the reply where Tamzin was pinged and pressured into withdrawing, we were fulfilling step 1 of their recall criteria. I was not satisfied with the response, in particular I was aghast by Hammersoft's suggestion that what was written was "not bullying. It is calling it what it is." I have seen, and been subject to that specific terminology "I am just calling it like it is" by many bullies in my life. To see an administrator use it unironically was beyond the pale for me. So I did what step 2 of Hammersoft's recall criteria states "If that does not resolve the issue, elevate the issue to WP:AN/I. I will participate in the discussion." citing WP:ADMINCOND, as this was a conduct issue and not an accountability one. The difference between WP:ADMINCOND and WP:ADMINACCT is that ACCT involves use of the administrator toolset, whereas COND refers to all conduct.

When all of this is considered as a whole; the personal attacks, pressuring an RfA candidate to withdraw, and downplaying the severity of what was written, it was and remains in my opinion nothing short of bullying. While each individual constituent part is bad, it is only when the three are combined that I would describe it as such. If you remove any one of the three parts, be it the personal attacks, the downplaying of the personal attacks, or the pressuring on the candidate to withdraw, it would cease to be bullying, and be something more specific to what exactly was said. But as a whole, it is bullying.

While Hammersoft did not have a chance to respond to the ANI thread before it was closed, they did withdraw the remarks and apologise to Tamzin. As I said on Hammersoft's talk page last night, while I am grateful for the withdrawal of the remarks, I am still very concerned at the impact Hammersoft's choice of words has had, both physically and emotionally on Tamzin. In Tamzin's own words "1) The initial characterizations of my views as "despicable" and "disgusting" hurt me. 2) I was upset by the decision to ping me while I was already under a good deal of stress, especially since it served to call attention back to that initial statement."

I am not alone in thinking that the words that Hammersoft wrote are far below the standards expected of an administrator. We all need to remember that there is another person at the end of every username and IP address. Words have power, particularly so when someone is under a great deal of stress, like in an RfA. We all should consider what impact the words we chose will have upon the recipients after we click the publish button. And when any of us says something that is hurtful to another, regardless of whether it was deliberate or unintended, having someone say "Hey, those words are inappropriate. They are a personal attack. Would you please strike them?" is not badgering. It is accountability. Sideswipe9th (talk) 18:47, 2 May 2022 (UTC)
Who is badgering here?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 8:07 pm

Here comes some more bullshit

And here comes the UCoCk rationale, right on time.
I'm asking Marchjuly to substantiate their accusation. The fact you, as an admin, even made those comments in relation to another editor because of a fucking political belief is beyond the pale. And is contrary to UCoC § 3.1 - the more you know eh! — TNT (talk • she/her) 02:41, 2 May 2022 (UTC)
TheresNoTime (T-C-L)

Names to faces

Website
Twitter
Beggary
Last edited by Vigilant on Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 pm

hako9 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 4:32 pm
Tamzin, the desysoper. How does that sound?
The more the better!

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 8:45 pm

You want to play the hammer, you get your turn to play the nail.

hako9
Contributor

Unread post by hako9 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 pm

I feel a little uncomfortable coming here now

Trismic
Critic
Actual Name: Tristan

Unread post by Trismic » Mon May 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Sideswipe9th wrote:I am still very concerned at the impact Hammersoft's choice of words has had, both physically and emotionally on Tamzin.
What physical impact could there possibly have been?

Trismic
Critic
Actual Name: Tristan

Unread post by Trismic » Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm

hako9 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 pm
Why? WPO is a fun place to read more about the fascinating WoW. People here are nicer than they are on Wikipedia.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm

Crat chat current standings:
5 to promote
2 no consensus to promote
5 might get around to saying something later
3 recused (kind of)
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon May 02, 2022 9:00 pm

Biblomaniac's analysis is compelling:
despite all but 2 of the opposes (110 opposes) coming after Q14 (around 15 of which were converts from support/neutral), 153 supports came in after Q14 was posted and about 60 supporters (forgive me if I'm off by a few) pre-Q14 reaffirmed their support (about 10 users reaffirmed their !votes after Q14 was posted as well). Even if all of the supporters pre-Q14 who didn't reaffirm their support had their votes stricken, the percentage still would have been about 65.5%. In other words, the RFA still would have been at the discretionary range (although I don't think that hypothetical discussion would have passed). My point is that this is not a case where Tamzin just had an early lead, and the opposes were unlucky to have caught a big mistake halfway into the RFA. If this was the case, no one should have reaffirmed their supports or supported after the fact; that would be a case where there is no consensus to promote. But it seems to me that a substantial number of people did reassess the situation and decided that the candidate was still trustworthy. With this in mind, I believe that there is a consensus to promote.
"Crats are not tasked with evaluating the candidate, only the consensus, and I think this makes a strong case that consensus is to promote.

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Mon May 02, 2022 9:09 pm

Tamzin’s former roommate is aggressively going after an influential oppose voter and demanding they resign and pointing to the UCOC.
TNT wrote:Do you honestly believe your behaviour "models appropriate standards of courtesy and civility to other editors" as stated at WP:ADMINCOND?? Resign.
She goes on to say “ I don't wish to interact with you other than as strictly necessary by policy.” This seems like a promising approach. I’ve half a mind to drop that on an asshole like Bbb23’s page and then cry violence and harassment if they ever block me.

Scorpions13256
Now living on a nice farm upstate
Wikipedia User: Scorpions13256

Unread post by Scorpions13256 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:11 pm

Warofdreams also thinks there is a consensus to promote, but it is not affecting the tally for some reason.

Edit: It does now.
Last edited by Scorpions13256 on Mon May 02, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Mon May 02, 2022 9:12 pm

hako9 wrote:
it fucking sucks, but for some reason its allowed here and not called out for how fuckin creepy it is

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 pm

Are these warnings in any way binding or meaningful?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TheresNoTime/dni

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon May 02, 2022 9:22 pm

Parabola wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:12 pm
hako9 wrote:
it fucking sucks, but for some reason its allowed here and not called out for how fuckin creepy it is
I'm not a huge fan of the whole "names to faces" thing, but all three of the websites Vig linked to publicly declare the connection and use that image.

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 pm

MrErnie wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 pm
Are these warnings in any way binding or meaningful?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TheresNoTime/dni
I would assume they are just documenting that they asked not to communicate with those users, making a convenient pointer if needed in the future.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon May 02, 2022 9:31 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:22 pm
I'm not a huge fan of the whole "names to faces" thing, but all three of the websites Vig linked to publicly declare the connection and use that image.
He may have been referring to some info that he posted about Uswer:Sideswipe9th, which was also publicly available, but would have required a Google search. So I removed that, which should not be taken as an endorsement of Sideswipe9th's badgering of Mr. Hammersoft, as it was not only egregious, it was about 5 paragraphs longer than necessary.

If TNT (who is also a member here) requests that we remove their photo, we'll probably go ahead and do that too, but it's actually kind of a nice photo.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Parabola wrote:
hako9 wrote:
I mean, we both know it would've happened even if they weren't, so its moot. Its creep shit, intimidation and power stuff. Letting everyone know what happens when you do something "wrong."

The demographics of WPO are self selecting in that regard. Not a lot of people want to be stalked.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 9:34 pm

Parabola wrote:
hako9 wrote:
Feel free to use the ignore button or you can leave entirely.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Parabola wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 pm
Beeblebrox wrote:
Parabola wrote:
hako9 wrote:
I mean, we both know it would've happened even if they weren't, so its moot. Its creep shit, intimidation and power stuff. Letting everyone know what happens when you do something "wrong."

The demographics of WPO are self selecting in that regard. Not a lot of people want to be stalked.
Strange that nobody but those two were being an asshole to hammersoft, hmmm? What could the connection?

Behave like an entitled asshole to reasonable people and you get what you get.

It’s so funny that you’re still here.

How can we miss you if you won’t leave?

Fender
Contributor
Actual Name: Katie

Unread post by Fender » Mon May 02, 2022 9:47 pm

WPO is very very tame compared to its predecessor.

Bezdomni
Habitué
Wikipedia User: RosasHills

Unread post by Bezdomni » Mon May 02, 2022 9:50 pm

The Quackers should increase the frequency of their "Rufflin' feathers assemblies" to at least twice monthly.

It appears to be most salubrious, leading to such circulation of goodwill and happy-bile that everyone watching is replenished with strong whiffs of wiki-clue.

It even appears to have some secondary effects here.
Last edited by Bezdomni on Mon May 02, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
los auberginos

Scorpions13256
Now living on a nice farm upstate
Wikipedia User: Scorpions13256

Unread post by Scorpions13256 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:50 pm

TNT is aware of this discussion per her most recent edit. I am not sure why I am not on that dni list, as she has also told me not to contact her.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:31 pm
If TNT (who is also a member here) requests that we remove their photo, we'll probably go ahead and do that too, but it's actually kind of a nice photo.
When the explicit reason for posting it is that, and I quote, "Behave like an entitled asshole to reasonable people and you get what you get. " I don't really think it's appropriate to hem and haw about whether TNT actually appreciates it being posted?

Seriously, you and the other mods seem genuinely interested in attracting more interesting posters to WPO, which is always how I've interpreted the "extra courtesy to people who actually register here", and thats rad. But you have to realize that Kiwi Farmer John is one of the reasons this place turns people off, right? WPOs own missing stair.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon May 02, 2022 10:29 pm

Parabola wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 pm
When the explicit reason for posting it is that, and I quote, "Behave like an entitled asshole to reasonable people and you get what you get. " I don't really think it's appropriate to hem and haw about whether TNT actually appreciates it being posted?
It's a difficult balance in the best of situations, but we (or I, at least) just have to accept that this place isn't always going to be fun and games. More to the point though, we don't know User:Sideswipe9th, like, at all, so we err on the side of caution with her, whereas we do know User:TNT well enough to know that the real person behind the account isn't bothered by this sort of thing much, if at all.

There's also the double-bind problem to consider. While it might have been better if Mr. Vigilant hadn't posted that photo from Twitter and/or the links in the first place, once he did, our removing it/them might have given people the impression that posting such things is an effective form of intimidation in TNT's case. It's not, but if people gain that impression it only makes more trouble and hassle for us.

Obviously this makes it seem like there's more going on, mentally/intellectually speaking, in moderating this site than there actually is — because in reality, I'm basically a total cretin. But our readers didn't necessarily know that, at least not until just now, when I posted it.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Mon May 02, 2022 11:20 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:29 pm
Parabola wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 pm
It's a difficult balance in the best of situations, but we (or I, at least) just have to accept that this place isn't always going to be fun and games. More to the point though, we don't know User:Sideswipe9th, like, at all, so we err on the side of caution with her, whereas we do know User:TNT well enough to know that the real person behind the account isn't bothered by this sort of thing much, if at all.

There's also the double-bind problem to consider. While it might have been better if Mr. Vigilant hadn't posted that photo from Twitter and/or the links in the first place, once he did, our removing it/them might have given people the impression that posting such things is an effective form of intimidation in TNT's case. It's not, but if people gain that impression it only makes more trouble and hassle for us.

Obviously this makes it seem like there's more going on, mentally/intellectually speaking, in moderating this site than there actually is — because in reality, I'm basically a total cretin. But our readers didn't necessarily know that, at least not until just now, when I posted it.
'm sympathetic to that reasoning, but imo its easily solvable with clarity and transparent. The worry arises from the fact that the outward apparatus of moderation requires people to confirm that a post makes them uncomfortable. But when someone posts some shit like that, that is obviously and plainly retaliatory and intimidating (in this case, we have literal textual confirmation), theres nothing stopping a moderator from stepping in and making it clear the removal is their own discretion.

Ive always found the house moderation style here, silent and discrete, interesting and surprisingly effective, but it's clear its not really helpful in these instances. A plurality of tools better fits the craftsman.

jf1970
Critic

Unread post by jf1970 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:45 pm

It's extremely fucking creepy, and it's an attempt at bullying. It should be removed, but if not that, at least toss the one and only person here who regularly does this.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Mon May 02, 2022 11:51 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 pm
Strange that nobody but those two were being an asshole to hammersoft, hmmm? What could the connection?

Behave like an entitled asshole to reasonable people and you get what you get.

It’s so funny that you’re still here.

How can we miss you if you won’t leave?
I was trying to avoid continuing our silly slap fight, but, apologies to everyone else, I think a coda is on order, to clear up a misconception.

I like this website. Opinions on you are not inextricable from those on WPO, no matter how much your posting has worked to cement you as the main character. I simply, honestly, believe the story deserves an ensemble cast, instead of its unreliable narrator.

Tarc
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Tarc

Unread post by Tarc » Tue May 03, 2022 12:03 am

iii wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:28 am
Wikipedia is only "run" by extreme left wingers to the extent that they've been playing along and chipping away at the policy edges more successfully than their right wing counterparts. But let's be clear, Wikipedia is actually run by a self-appointed mob that curates participation through political lenses both written ("NO LEGAL THREATS", "NOT CENSORED", "NO ADVERTISING") and unwritten. The only WPians who have staying power are those who cultishly agree to uphold the status quo and only budge Overton Windows ever so slightly over years and sometimes decades. The House POV inertia is such that affecting it can only be done through long and subtle processes. Right now, the Trumpers absolutely are marginalized on the website. This is hardly surprising because the Wikipedia endeavor is pretty orthogonal to the normal goals of Trumpers. I am sure they would like to control certain content and use Wikipedia for dissemination of their propaganda, but they're more-or-less uninterested in playing along with the insipid Wikipedia collegiality that is demanded to shore up support. Those that have seen moderate success have usually done so by adopting the concern troll and devil's advocate positions... a look that currently seems to me to be out of fashion for the right wing operatives.
This is very spot-on. :like:

I'll freely admit now, there was nothing quite like the joy of plinking a right-winger off the game board back in the day. ChildofMidnight, Grundle, Wumbolo...good times.
"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door."

Evangelical
Contributor

Unread post by Evangelical » Tue May 03, 2022 12:10 am

Vigilant wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:43 am
I predict Tamzin will get the tools but with a big * next to their name.

Given their temperament, within two years, they'll be at ARBCOM for getting in a predictably stupid tussle over political articles and then they'll lose the tools and there will be crying and rending of clothes and sackcloth and ashes to rival even Rexxs.
Perhaps not a good comparison. Rexxs had evidenced civility issues in his rfa, but nobody posting in Tamzin's rfa could find a politically biased edit from her or a political talk page scrap.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue May 03, 2022 12:39 am

Evangelical wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:10 am
Vigilant wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:43 am
I predict Tamzin will get the tools but with a big * next to their name.

Given their temperament, within two years, they'll be at ARBCOM for getting in a predictably stupid tussle over political articles and then they'll lose the tools and there will be crying and rending of clothes and sackcloth and ashes to rival even Rexxs.
Perhaps not a good comparison. Rexxs had evidenced civility issues in his rfa, but nobody posting in Tamzin's rfa could find a politically biased edit from her or a political talk page scrap.
The fight will be over a political topic with lots of pointing back to Q14.
The results will be the same.
The crying will be similar to when Rexxs was kicked off the island.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue May 03, 2022 1:37 am

7 votes to promote.
That's the end of the question.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Tue May 03, 2022 1:39 am

Parabola wrote:
I think you're pretty creepy too, but I haven't moderated you either.

Tamzin, reluctantly
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Tamzin
Actual Name: Tamzin

Unread post by Tamzin, reluctantly » Tue May 03, 2022 2:09 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:39 am

If promoted, I have a cool trick in mind to avoid getting desysopped for saying controversial political things. Bet you'll never guess what it is.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue May 03, 2022 2:11 am

Tamzin, reluctantly wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:09 am
Vigilant wrote:

If promoted, I have a cool trick in mind to avoid getting desysopped for saying controversial political things. Bet you'll never guess what it is.
Self-control is trait worth cultivating.

Ansh666
Critic

Unread post by Ansh666 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:12 am

Go inactive and resign your tools in protest at a WMF controversy that has nothing to do with you?

or was that just me? hm.

Either way, congratulations, I guess?
Last edited by Ansh666 on Tue May 03, 2022 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tamzin, reluctantly
Contributor

Unread post by Tamzin, reluctantly » Tue May 03, 2022 2:12 am

Dennis Brown wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:15 am

you can't say "anyone right of center" should be desysopped.
I didn't though?

Tamzin, reluctantly
Contributor

Unread post by Tamzin, reluctantly » Tue May 03, 2022 2:13 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:11 am
That is the most ironic thing you've said to me since "You need therapy", Vig.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Tue May 03, 2022 2:13 am

I guess its the system working correctly that the bureaucrats with a clue are winning out, but its extremely funny how this specific crat chat has brought out some incredibly strange ideas from some of the more obscure ones.

there won't be any cultural momentum to look into this until that sort of thing tanks a crat chat, but codifying that 'reaffirmations' are now a real thing crats take into account is funny, in sad way

hako9
Contributor

Unread post by hako9 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:34 am

Vigilant wrote:

I hope you no longer feel oppressed.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue May 03, 2022 2:38 am

Tue May 03, 2022 2:13 am
Vigilant wrote:
Only if you think I'm actually not in control of what I post.

Otherwise, it's a combination of wishful thinking and ignorance.

egg
Contributor

Unread post by egg » Tue May 03, 2022 2:48 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:38 am
Tue May 03, 2022 2:13 am
Vigilant wrote:
Only if you think I'm actually not in control of what I post.
There are nearly one thousand deleted posts in our oubliette which suggest otherwise.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue May 03, 2022 3:02 am

Why Egg, however can you see that?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue May 03, 2022 3:11 am

Tamzin, reluctantly
Contributor

Unread post by Tamzin, reluctantly » Tue May 03, 2022 3:18 am

Oh no! Some dilligent sleuth has uncovered the mental illness that I disclose on a page linked to in my acceptance statement, a page which has received over 1,000 views since the RfA started?

This is truly too much to bear. I shall RtV in shame immediately.
Last edited by Tamzin, reluctantly on Tue May 03, 2022 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.