Fram blocked by User:WMFOffice for 1 year

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Re: Fram blocked by User:WMFOffice for 1 year

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:00 am

ArmasRebane wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:56 am
Vig, you see someone fighting righteous crusades, I see a sad, petulant person who flies off the handle with very little provocation.
Is he right?

Is he improving the encyclopedia?

Is the other guy making it worse?

Did an admin "template the regulars"?

Is the ANI in sore need of a BOOMERANG?

These are all easy calls for me.

If it was anyone else than Fram, would you agree with them?
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

iii
Habitué
Wikipedia User: ජපස
Wikipedia Review Member: iii

Unread post by iii » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:41 am

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:00 am
Is he right?
I point this out with love: Just as much has been said to me, though not recently.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:46 am

iii wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:41 am
Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:00 am
Is he right?
I point this out with love: Just as much has been said to me, though not recently.
You're out of your element, Donny!
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:46 am

I'd say this is a good example of how Wikipedian zealotry against "UPEs" (undisclosed paid editors) can unintentionally lead to needless friction.

In this case, you had someone with only four previous edits, User:ThomsenY (T-C-L) (presumably this person, FWIW), inserting PR copy directly from Miso Films' website into the Miso Films (T-H-L) article, and below that, a list of films, presumably also from the same website. Happens all the time, right?

User:Revirvlkodlaku (T-H-L), whose user name means "Werewolf Territory" in Czech (that's probably his native language, though he lives in Montreal), saw the obvious PR copy and didn't even bother to scroll down and look at the list — he just reverted it immediately. So it wasn't really a lazy revert, it was more of a knee-jerk revert, but it was still perfectly within the rules because zealotry against PR copy is much more useful from the Wikipedian perspective than any content that might be lost due to failure to take care while reverting.

Then User:Fram comes along, does exactly the right thing (and what Revirvlkodlaku should have done) by restoring the list but not the PR copy. That should have been the end of it, but for some reason Mr. Werewolf Territory gets all offended and starts taking stuff out of the list — again, thinking he's completely justified in doing so, because the list items had been added by someone he automatically and zealously assumed to be a UPE, even though she almost certainly isn't. (I mean, sure, it's possible she's an intern there or something like that, but we'll probably never know unless someone actually takes the trouble to ask her.)

The only two questions that remain are (1) how did the page get onto Fram's watch-list? ...and (2) why did Mr. Werewolf get so upset? And frankly, they're silly questions — the answers are probably (1) "because Fram watches everything," and (2) "simple post-holiday grumpiness combined with the usual zealotry."

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:35 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:46 am
In this case, you had someone with only four previous edits, User:ThomsenY (T-C-L) (presumably this person, FWIW),
Ok, sure, but what it if was this person?
Yvonne Thomsen
Head of Marketing and Communications, Fremantle Nordics
Both seem equally likely, so I guess we will never know.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:53 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:35 pm
Both seem equally likely, so I guess we will never know.
Your Thomsen seems much more likely, actually — I was basing mine on the fact that she (Isa) had @ThomsenY as a Twitter account, but that was back in 2013, and the Wikipedia account was created in 2021. And since Yvonne works for Fremantle Group and Miso Films is part of the Fremantle "umbrella," it almost has to be Yvonne.

In which case, we really do have a case of undisclosed paid editing, Revirvlkodlaku is somewhat vindicated (though Fram still did the proper thing), and the User:ThomsenY account could very well end up banned — or at the very least, Checkuser'd, followed by a ban (or at least a stern warning) if she's posting from a Fremantle IP address.

I might add that Yvonne is not as good a photographer as Isa, so if you ask me, Isa probably deserves a job with a TV/movie production company more than Yvonne, irrespective of their abilities as accountants.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:38 pm

Unexpected

Where's the fun in that?!

Have you no consideration of your fans' needs?!

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:14 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:01 pm
Fram tripped over this group. Here's an example of the fuckery they were doing.
It's been talked about on here before, but it takes on a new light when viewed through a lens of modernity.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants: ... ch_Oceania
What odd friends you have, Courcelles (T-C-L)
Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
Outreach Oceania

User name
LauraHale as submitter, LauraHale , Hawkeye7 , Courcelles , Chzz as participants requesting funding

User location (country)
Australia, Australia, United States, United Kingdom

Grant contact name
LauraHale

Grant contact username or email
User:LauraHale: [[1]], [[2]]

Grant contact title (position)
Outreach Oceania Coordinator, Vice President of Wikimedia Australia, History of the Paralympic Movement in Australia Wikimedian in Residence

Full project name
Outreach Oceania: Micronesia

Project lead name
Laura Hale

Event name

Event Web site

Provisional target start date
27 January 2012

Provisional completion date
16 February 2012

Event location (city)
Chuuk and Kosrae in the Federated States of Micronesia, and Majuro in the Republic of the Marshall Islands

Amount requested (remember to specify currency!)
$11,923.50 USD

Endorsements
Wikimedia Australia has offered public support the project.
Also known as, "Please send me and my friends on a free vacation for three weeks in paradise, all paid for by the donor's money. By the way, the chapter where I'm Vice President has also endorsed having you all pay for our vacation. We totally promise we're going to work all day...*smirk*"
Funding is being sought from (but not guaranteed) WM AU to cover the Australian participants and is not being requested as part of a WMF funding request.
"We're also pillaging the chapter funds! Yay, us!"
Transportation Airfare: Canberra to Cairns Out of pocket organiser expense paid AUD $630.00 2 $1,260.00 $1,260.00 $1,260.00
Transportation Airfare: Cairns to Micronesia Out of pocket organiser expense paid AUD $1,369.68 2 $2,739.36 $2,739.36 $2,739.36
Transportation Booking fees for Australian participants Out of pocket organiser expense paid AUD $152.25 2 $304.50 $304.50 $308.90
"We've spent a bunch of our own money to make you feel guilty... now give us the rest of our vacay money!"

The talk page is a hoot where they snap and snarl at anyone who would dare question their NEED to go on vacay.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_ ... ch_Oceania

At the end, when they realize they aren't getting the filthy lucre for their jaunt, they resort to attacks that will probably seem familiar to people reading this topic.
This request was not withdrawn: Please deny

I want to be clear: It became obvious to me at a certain point: The grant was not going to be supported. I'm not sure if this awareness came before or after a WMF fellow made comments in front of other chapter members at a conference that the applicants were looking for a free beach vacation, when a now WMF fellow who I had constantly championed came in and said culturally insensitive things that made it impossible to show the grant application to locals, or when one of the people over seeing the grant implied I was trying to black mail the Foundation into funding the grant. Whatever the case, it was clear the WMF was not going to support the grant. Thus, there was no reason to pursue a grant the Foundation was not going to support. It should remain open until such a time the WMF denies it because I will not formally deny it. If the WMF were to reconsider funding with an awareness of time issues have severely jeopardised doing it on the proposed time, allow for a postponement of the grant, allow for the removal of Chzz and the replacement or non-replacement of another candidate, that would be acceptable. For that reason, it remains open until such a time the WMF denies it. Funding for myself is not acceptable. It was not requested. This grant needs two people doing in person outreach. You cannot go into multiple classrooms in a short period of time, work with students, separately work with staff, reach out to local GLAM people, talk to the local government and do content development as an individual. I feel my credentials were questioned because my expertise in multiple areas related to this outreach was dismissed. But yes, this grant is open until such a time that it is denied by the WMF. (Also, I don't appreciate being accused of being sulky and being passive aggressive. Whether or not that was Asaf's intention, he used arguments against a woman that have been historically used to oppress them. I am making the good faith assumption that Asaf did not intend to do and what we have here is a giant communications problem.) --LauraHale 10:13, 22 December 2011 (UTC)

This request was indeed withdrawn. Your first few lines in this very section say so clearly -- you were disappointed the WMF is not prepared to fund the grant in its entirety, ignored a counter-offer the WMF made, and simply stopped responding to my questions and requests to continue the conversation. I had to reach out to you on IRC last night just to get a straight answer about this grant's status.
Clearly, when you do not get your way, you choose to resort to any tactic, however manipulative or cynical. You deliberately keep conflating other WMF staff's comments, made verbally elsewhere and not in this grant discussion, and a community member's (not a WMF fellow at the time) opinion (one of several respondents which you solicited on IRC), with the WMF's reasoned position as articulated by the WMF's authorized representative for grant discussions, i.e. me.
Readers of this discussion are welcome to read back and see that none of your grievances above (I make no comment about their validity, it is not my place to adjudicate them) are relevant to the conversation I have been trying to have with you about your proposal. I did not question your credentials, I did not say "culturally insensitive things", and I was continually given the bait-and-switch instead of straight answers to my questions.
As for your playing of the gender card, I am disappointed, but not surprised. If you would like that, I am happy to paste a transcript of our little IRC chat from 14 hours ago, and the discrepancy between your behavior and position in private and the facade you are putting on in public will be revealed. Or you could apologize for accusing me of misogyny. Ijon 17:30, 22 December 2011 (UTC)

I have read it. The request was denied. WMF was unwilling to fund the requested grant. I informed WM-AU and the people in Micronesia accordingly. I cancelled the air tickets which had already been purchased. This incurred me a 35% cancellation fee.
I never indicated that I would accept any counter offers. I was not bargaining for tomatoes at the market. I certainly did consider the proposal that I personally fund ¾ of it to be any sense a reasonable response.
I am appalled by your insensitivity, your incompetence and your misogyny. I am also taken aback your attempt to claim that the request was withdrawn rather than denied while simultaneously admitting that it was indeed denied. Hawkeye7 18:40, 22 December 2011 (UTC)

Nice one Asaf, now you are calling Laura manipulative and cynical, when she doesn't "get her way". I hope you read your last comments again in a couple of days, and consider if you might have been out-of-line. I'm not going to accuse you of anything but your earlier comments might not have been misogynistic but they are leaning towards it now. I can understand everyone's frustration but this is getting uncivil, and testing the boundaries of good conduct. I would like to point our that "WMF's reasoned positioned articulated by the WMF's authorized representative" doesn't really mean anything beyond the concerned staff member, which, just about anyone can and often does disagree with. Depending on who you ask, those "reasoned" positions are often wrong. I do like Hawkeye's analogy of haggling for tomatoes at the market, that is what it seems to have become, with all the inspection of authenticity, yelling and rudeness. I hope you realize you are not just insulting Laura at this point, but upsetting others, and generally not behaving in the way the people who know you, would have expected from you. Theo10011 18:41, 24 December 2011 (UTC)

There is a gender gap problem on WMF projects, and it appears to potentially be a top down problem. We have Erik Moeller and other high level WMF functionaries who caused big problems on the gender gap list by claiming that their dominance was silencing women was sexist and their voices deserved to be heard, even at the expense of women's participation in conversations about resolving the gender gap. We have Liam Gallagher who, according to what four people at WM-UK told me, had pictures of his girl friend in a sexually explicit positions, appear before everyone on the conference's over head projector at important movement conference with at least eleven influential Movement women in the room. Yes, it was only a few seconds because a woman got it off by moving the mouse to shut down the screen saver.) We have Asaf engaging in misogynistic wording, using arguments historically used to repress women. (This perception appears clear: Who are the three chapter people WMF appears to have biggest problem with in the Chapters movement? All women, with the possible exception of one other person. The WMF doesn't appear to run across this problem with men. The WMF does not appear to build up movement women who do things.)--LauraHale 19:43, 24 December 2011 (UTC)

What Asaf doesn't appear to under is this: The problem here is NOT LauraHale. The problem is WMF and its processes. If I can't figure out how to successfully apply for this, it is a problem for the WMF. If the WMF is so short on money that it can't fund projects like this, it is a problem. If the WMF cannot support member run initiatives, it is a problem. If the WMF cannot read what is written and ask specific questions that specifically deal with the grant as propose, it is a problem. If the WMF appears to retaliate against chapters because one of their members does something not approved of by the WMF, it is a problem with the WMF. If the WMF can do similar programs that members propose but cannot provide that information to insure success for similar measures by participants who have greater cultural understanding, it is a problem.--LauraHale 19:43, 24 December 2011 (UTC)

Oh. And question for Asaf: When was the last time a granting body to the WMF accused WMF of being shrill? Of being passive-aggressive because the WMF didn't get a grant the WMF thought would be beneficial to their programming? Of sour grapes because the WMF didn't get what they want? I am just assuming that most granting bodies treat the WMF civilly when the WMF doesn't get grants. Maybe I'm wrong.--LauraHale 19:43, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
Dear readers,

There's a lot more on that talk page.

Read for yourself and imagine what must have happened in the background with this Laura Hale grifter when she found herself getting corrected by Fram about her paid project to write an ass load of crappy articles about ParaOlympians.

Imagine how much more powerful she must have felt now that she's married to the Chair of the Board.

Imagine just how terrible her wrath must be with this new found power.

#FreeFram
#AdminDown
Reupping since Courcelles has resumed consistent editing.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:27 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 am
Osborne wrote:
Vigilant wrote: Seems like he should be free to request and get it back from any crat.
I understand your hatred of WMF and LH, but why do you love Fram? We are here to hate abusive admins, not to advocate them. What's your reason?
Love Fram?
You've read that wrong.

I abhor the seemingly endless unfair processes foisted on people by the WMF.
I abhor the hypocrisy of the Laura Hales and Maria Sefidari Huicis.
I abhor manipulative sociopaths like Laura Hale.
I enjoy watching the hapless ARBCOM get their teeth kicked in.
I enjoy watching the anthill at en.wp get stirred up as the minions are shown just how fucked up things are.

There are far worse monsters than Fram in this fairy tale we're reading.
Still true.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:58 am

SLW80 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 am
mendaliv wrote: At least, these are the objections that'd be raised to going after Hale now on enwiki, in addition to the inevitable cries of victim blaming/victim harassment because Hale has managed to convince some powerful elements on enwiki that she was harassed (or at least "felt harassed", which in the non-nuanced discourse on enwiki is the same as actual harassment).
That's kind of the problem though: As long as Raystorm is active and elected to WMF (or appointed or whatever), Hale cannot NOT be involved in some way. There's no way to disengage her financial future from Raystorm's -- they're married. What benefits Raystorm gets from the WMF, be it funding or whatever else, will benefit Hale in some manner. Raystorm using her position, regardless of Laura 'vanishing' (that won't last), is still an issue all by itself when the person she was using her position as a hammer on the behalf of was making money to write content.

And there's literally nothing stopping Hale from coming back at some later point under a new name (like she went from PurplePopple to LauraHale) and starting this all over again. In fact, I'm almost positive she won't be able to resist. She'll lay low for awhile, then she'll be back.

(Also, for a woman who's stalked others accusing someone of harassment, that's infuriating. Fram did nothing off-wiki and everything they did on-wiki was related entirely to editing Wikipedia. Like-- that's not even close to enough to consider 'harassment'.) ETA: What I mean is, Laura could have stopped Fram from saying anything at any point by simply not fucking up every article she put her hands on. Calling it harassment was just a buzz word, it was meant to set them up for this.

I don't know if I'm saying any of this right. I guess the TL;DR would be that as long as Laura is married to Raystorm, and Raystorm used her authority to protect Laura, there's no vanishing that can fix that, and Raystorm now needs to be scrutinized unless they, too, vanish. THEN people can let it go, ala Elsa.
FYI, en.wp people, I will NEVER let this go.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:03 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 am
Jbhunley wrote:
SLW80 wrote:
mendaliv wrote: At least, these are the objections that'd be raised to going after Hale now on enwiki, in addition to the inevitable cries of victim blaming/victim harassment because Hale has managed to convince some powerful elements on enwiki that she was harassed (or at least "felt harassed", which in the non-nuanced discourse on enwiki is the same as actual harassment).
That's kind of the problem though: As long as Raystorm is active and elected to WMF (or appointed or whatever), Hale cannot NOT be involved in some way. There's no way to disengage her financial future from Raystorm's -- they're married. What benefits Raystorm gets from the WMF, be it funding or whatever else, will benefit Hale in some manner. Raystorm using her position, regardless of Laura 'vanishing' (that won't last), is still an issue all by itself when the person she was using her position as a hammer on the behalf of was making money to write content.

And there's literally nothing stopping Hale from coming back at some later point under a new name (like she went from PurplePopple to LauraHale) and starting this all over again. In fact, I'm almost positive she won't be able to resist. She'll lay low for awhile, then she'll be back.

(Also, for a woman who's stalked others accusing someone of harassment, that's infuriating. Fram did nothing off-wiki and everything they did on-wiki was related entirely to editing Wikipedia. Like-- that's not even close to enough to consider 'harassment'.) ETA: What I mean is, Laura could have stopped Fram from saying anything at any point by simply not fucking up every article she put her hands on. Calling it harassment was just a buzz word, it was meant to set them up for this.

I don't know if I'm saying any of this right. I guess the TL;DR would be that as long as Laura is married to Raystorm, and Raystorm used her authority to protect Laura, there's no vanishing that can fix that, and Raystorm now needs to be scrutinized unless they, too, vanish. THEN people can let it go, ala Elsa.
The next position along the trough from Wikipedia for the non-technical is going into politics -- same smarmy skill set on a different stage. So my money is on giving that a go based on the social 'credentials' established at WP rather than returning to WP. Probably start by targeting some outsider socially progressive committee and work to build a base from there. She has displayed the skills and temperament to excel in such an environment.
That's probably accurate.
Jbhunley wrote:Wiki and Fandom are likely closed off and she definitely will stir up an investigation should she show up back at the Foundation. She will go somewhere she feels validated and empowered, like anyone else with a choice, but can leverage grievance as shown in past endeavors.
I think that's naive.
She's a skilled manipulator, but doesn't read the room well.
She's bagged her moose in Maria Sefidari Huici and she's not letting some penny ante, trumped up game warden tell her no.
Jbhunley wrote:I wish her all the best in whatever she does -- In a a "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" kind of way.
I view it differently.
I'm adding Laura Hale to my 'professional herpes' list.
Regardless of where she lands, any new employer will get the dossier on Laura Hale.
She can be Maria Sefidari Huici's 三八.
Still accurate.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:11 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:38 pm
What an interesting document

Wikimedia Paralympic history project - Wikimedia Australia
* The success of the project in attracting editors with a disability supports diversity within the Wikipedia
editing community. These editors include Melissa Carlton, Elizabeth Edmondson and Graham Pearce.

* Approximately half of the editors involved in the Paralympic history project are female, including new
editors Tara McPhail, Melissa Carlton, Patricia Ollerenshaw, Rebekka Wake, and Elizabeth Edmondson.

In addition, experienced editor Laura Hale has been the most prodigious contributor to the project.
Existing editors

* The project has engaged with experienced existing editors. By supporting them, providing resources,
feedback, and opportunities for collaboration and recognition, the project has sought to enhance their
involvement with Wikipedia and to regenerate their interest.

* Editors such as Laura Hale, John Vandenberg, Graham Pearce, Ross Mallett, Toby Hudson, and Robert
Myers
have made major contributions to the project by creating and editing articles, taking photos of
events, doing interviews, writing Wikinews stories and training and mentoring new editors.

* Existing editors have seen sufficient value in the program that some of them have spent large amounts
of their own money to attend events in Australia and overseas. For example, in November 2013, Ross
Mallett
travelled from Canberra to Bangkok to cover the Asia-Oceania wheelchair basketball zonal
championships, and John Vandenberg travelled from Jakarta to Bangkok to for the same event.
A library of Paralympic sport images.

* Since the project commenced, 1,763 images have been uploaded into Wikimedia Commons for use in
Wikipedia articles about Paralympic sport.

* These images have been used extensively across the different language versions of Wikipedia to
illustrate articles about Paralympic sport. For example, this image of Priya Cooper appears in three
English language articles as well as articles in six other language versions of Wikipedia.

* One of the aims of the project is to make available 35,000 images from the APC‟s collection.
Making most of these contributions entirely suspect...

A precedent of editing and reporting at the Paralympic Games

Wikimedia Australia and the Australian Paralympic Committee combined to fund the first media
accreditations of Wikipedia editors at the Paralympic Games, when they sent two editors to the London
2012 Paralympic Games under the “Wikimedians to the Games” (W2G) project.

The two Wikimedians who attended the Games published 69 Wikinews articles during the Games,
conducted thirteen interviews, uploaded a number of images to Wikimedia Commons and updated
Wikipedia articles about the Games and the Paralympic movement. The report of the W2G project is
contained in Attachment B.

Expanding this concept internationally, one of the W2G Wikimedians, Laura Hale, will take a team of
accredited Ukrainian Wikinews reporters to the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.

Because Ukrainian Wikipedia lacks a great deal of Paralympic content and in preparation for Sochi, Laura and her team are working on creating a way to bulk create articles as many Paralympic medallists and world record holders as possible. Laura has also talked to people involved with four other language Wikipedia projects who have indicated their interest in bulk creating articles about Paralympic medallists if a standardised data file is available to allow ease of translation.

The Australian Paralympic Committee is keen to support Wikimedians to attend the 2016 Paralympic
Summer Games in Rio.
Game over, right there.
Laura Hale bulk produced shit articles for pay.
Everyone knew what was going on an protected her.

Here's her status report to her employer.
ATTACHMENT A: W2G
A report on the Wikimedians to the Games project
Adapted and including tabular data from a report written by Laura Hale
CC-BY http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/File:H ... ympics.pdf
Enumerated tasks from her employer
Laura Hale conducted a Wikinews workshop in London August 2012 in the lead-up to the Games.

Upon nomination as one of the W2G, Laura Hale worked with the APC and other HoPAu editors to:
• create articles about all 161 Australian 2012 Summer Paralympians;
• place pictures of every 2012 Australian Paralympian on Wikimedia Commons and in their Wikipedia
article;
• create an extensive set of articles about as many Paralympic classification classes as possible (127
created);
• publish articles on Wikinews in lead-up to London Games;
• donated images taken by the Wiki community of Australian Paralympic sport to Wikimedia
Commons(more than 250 images); and
• Upload Paralympic related interviews to Wikimedia Commons (10).
ProTip: You guys got screwed. The articles were garbage.

These articles all need to be rereviewed in light of the conflict of interest editing
12 HoPAu supported articles have earned Good Article status. Of these, 10 are about London
Paralympians: Angie Ballard, Jennifer Blow, Meica Christensen, Ellie Cole, Nicole Esdaile, Jessica Gallagher,
Rachel Henderson, Michelle Rzepecki, Tyan Taylor, Teigan Van Roosmalen. Of these, 6 achieved their status
a month before the start of the Games.

Ah, Commons got extensively shit in as well.
Wikimedia Commons

In the lead-up to London, the Australian Paralympic Committee uploaded more than 600 images to
Wikimedia Commons, an image sharing resource which is part of the Wikimedia project. In addition,
images were uploaded by people involved with the project, including LauraHale and Bidgee, who
photographed at events in Australia in the lead-up to the Games. One image taken by a participant was
used in a television broadcast about the men‟s wheelchair basketball team in the lead-up to London.

Wikinews, a Laura Hale creation from whole cloth was also involved. No surprises there.
Wikinews

Table 3 summarises the Wikinews articles by sport published in the Paralympic period. Table 4 breaks down
the articles according to the country of the subjects of the stories. During the Games, articles were written
about athletes from 29 different countries.

A list of the involved
Attachment B

Project contributors

To date, the Paralympic history project has been very successful in harnessing the contributions of a large
number of people and providing the opportunity for them to contribute according to their interests and
areas of expertise.

This attachment illustrates the breadth of the input to the project from more than 30 people, most of who
continue to be involved in some way.

Not all contributors edit Wikipedia.

Facilitators

In the early stages of the project Leigh Blackall and Professor Keith Lyons from the University of Canberra
were instrumental in developing the project concept and initial strategies and making the introductions to
representatives of Wikimedia Australia which were crucial in establishing the project.

Leigh Blackall has been involved in Wikimedia for a very long time, but with low level of contributions outside
of his own professional activity. He was a key organiser of RecentChangesCamp Canberra which WMAU
supported.
He envisaged Wikimedia having a role to play in the Paralympic history project, and wrote the
tender for the written history component of the project. He was instrumental in gaining the support of
WMAU.
During this time, Leigh ran Wikipedia workshops in Australia, with libraries and education institutions.
Leigh set up the project blog and the Google Group which is the main communication tool for the project.

Existing editors

The project has been fortunate to attract extensive input from a group of experienced editors. Some of
them have made extensive time and financial commitments to the project. They have also played a
significant role in assisting and mentoring new editors.

* Laura Hale had minor Wikimedia roles in the past, and was also a key organiser of
RecentChangesCamp Canberra, but it was the Paralympic history project that pulled Laura into the
Wikipedia world, and under this project she was engaged as Australia's first 'Wikimedian in Residence'.
It
had rocky times, and didn't fit the mold of other Wikimedian in Residence, but she is a content creation
machine
, and this was a critical component of the project. The 'Wikimedian in Residence' mould has
since been broken a few times with the Open Science and Consumer Reports WIRs.

Laura Hale has been a 1000+ edit per month contributor for over 24 months. Laura was sent to the
London Paralympics through the Wikimedians to the Games project. She continues to contribute to
Paralympic topics, and has taken some of the project concepts to Spain and Ukraine.

* John Vandenberg is now heavily devoted to the HOPAU project, both in his time and has spent over $10,000 of his own money on this project since 2011.

* Ross Mallett is now heavily devoted to the HOPAU project, both in his time and has spent over $10,000 of his own money on this project since 2012. Ross Mallett was sent to the London Paralympics through
the Wikimedians to the Games project. He attends Paralympic events in Australia and internationally and has created a number of articles about Paralympic sport in countries in the Asia Pacific region.

* Graham Pearce has contributed significantly to the HOPAU project, doing radio interviews, copyediting and polishing hundreds of articles, constantly monitoring the content for changes, and working closely with subjects to help them contribute to Wikipedia through him, and usually these contributions are adding quality rather than quantity - getting the small details right.

* Toby Hudson has photographed events and edited a number of articles, including the Wikipedia page "Disability in Australia" created in September 2013, which is 2,555 words of prose.

* Steven Zhang expanded “Amanda Fraser” and guided it onto the front page of English Wikipedia as a “Did You Know?”. Steven put a lot of time into the wording of this article, and was thanked by Tony
Naar and the subject‟s family for delicate handling of a touchy subject.

* Robert Myers (Bidgee) has attended many Paralympic events, contributing photos to the project and editing articles relating to the events.

New editors

The project has attracted a number of new editors from within the Paralympic movement and others who
had previously not had an active role in Paralympic sport. As with the existing editors, for some of these new
editors, the project has been a vehicle for their engagement with Paralympic sport.

Paralympians editing Wikipedia

* Elizabeth Edmondson was a Paralympic gold medallist at the 1964 and 1968 Paralympic Games. She attended the first project‟s workshop in Perth and has continued to edit and contribute to the project in
other ways since that time.

* Melissa Carlton is a Tasmanian swimmer who attended the first Brisbane workshop and became an active editor, with a specific interest in Tasmanian athletes, coaches and officials.

* User: Sportygeek is a current female Paralympian who commenced editing Wikipedia in January 2013 and has amassed 1,056 edits in her first year of editing, mostly improving Paralympic topics, and has
created several new articles.

Other new editors

* Tara McPhail was told about the HOPAU project by occasional editor Chris Gould (who was introduced to the project through her role at the National Sports Information Centre), who was a neighbour. Tara thought it would be a good project to volunteer for and attended the classification workshop in Canberra. Inspired by the topical area, and challenged by the laissez-faire nature of wikis, Tara threw herself into the tasks at hand in the HOPAU project, including creating flyers, transcribing audio, uploading photos, etc. Tara was a highly active editor for almost 12 months, has participated in meetups, spoken about the project at the national librarians‟ conference, and continues to edit occasionally.

* Greg Blood had retired from the National Sports Information Centre at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and was interested in using Wikipedia to assist in gathering material to write a book about the history of the AIS. He was recruited to the project by Tony Naar, who manages the project for the APC. Greg decided to start an account and give it a try in January 2012. He has since written more than 30 articles, has been an active editor every month, and is often a „very active‟ editor, and has 5,111 edits in less than two years of contributing. Since the 2102 Paralympics he has continued to edit Wikipedia, widening his interests to include drugs in sport in Australia, the organisation of sport in Australia, sport and the 2013 Australian federal election and the AIS.

* Vicki Epstein is the wife of Paralympian Ray Epstein and has written a book on the history of the disability sport in Queensland. Her interest is in Queensland athletes and she is an active contributor to the HOPAU email group.

* Tony Naar manages the Paralympic history project for the APC.

* Rebekka Wake works in the communications division of the APC.

* Patricia Ollerenshaw has been an active volunteer with the APC since 2001 and currently focuses on sourcing material for the history project. She has attended two workshops and written articles about
people who have been missed by other editors.

* Graham Pearce's mother, Linda, contributes enormously to the HOPAU project indirectly, assisting and
supporting Graham in many varied ways. Graham's work in this project is described above. As just one
example, Linda has searched newspaper article scans for reliable sources.

* Stephen Townsend is a post-graduate student at UQ and has become involved in editing through the involvement of UQ. He has written a Wikipedia article (at the SLQ workshops), published academic articles about Wikipedia, and fixed an error identified as part of his research.

* User: Lucky102 (Ireland and Sydney) began editing Wikipedia during the 2012 Paralympic Games, working on Paralympic topics relevant to the ongoing Paralympic Games. They have made more than 1,500 contributions in 1.5 years and have created 34 articles.

Non-Australian

* Courcelles has reviewed many of the disability sport articles, and participates in the HOPAU discussions. He supports the HOPAU project however he can.

* Roger Conroy has been a disability sport contributor for a long time and has also joined the HOPAU project team, and has seen the benefits of HOPAU to the entire Paralympics area. He continues to support the project.

* User:Axid in France has been writing articles about the Paralympics and Paralympians for a long time. In 2011 and 2013 he has expressed his support for the project and helps whenever he can.

* Brian McNeil from the UK is another editor who supports the program.

* Siska, Kartika, Ivonne, Revo and Risky attended the 2012 Paralympics workshop in Jakarta.

* Kartika and Ivonne have uploaded batches of images to Wikimedia Commons.

Other project contributors
I deleted the non-wikipediots.

This is a conspiracy to edit wikipedia for cash.
* One of the named participants, Laura Hale, is the wife of Maria Sefidari Huici, Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation.
* Another of the named participants is Courcelles who is married to Karen Brown on the Trust and Safety gang.
Just in case anybody forgets that Courcelles was deeply involved in the biggest scam on en.wp EVER.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:14 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:15 pm
The questions that need to be asked and answered is:

* "Did Maria Sefidari Huici know that Laura Hale was a paid SPA?"
* "Who else on the Board of Trustees knew?"
* "Who on Trust and Safety knew?"
* "Did legal know?"

And, most importantly,

* "Did Katherine Maher know?"

All of these people signed off on the Trust and Safety action.
All of these people are culpable.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:36 am

Vigilant wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 pm
Non-Australian

* Courcelles has reviewed many of the disability sport articles, and participates in the HOPAU discussions. He supports the HOPAU project however he can.
Involved from the beginning, knew what was going on, married to a Trust and Safety person...

Complicit
Brad Brown is now regularly contributing to en.wp.

Will Teh Communitah say NOTHING?!?!?!

Dear en.wp,
We aren't friends.
You can fix this or I can go right the fuck off the hook.

Choose wisely.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:40 am

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 am
Earlier thread
f I were a Wiki-Sock-Hunter, I would find Courcelles quite suspicious indeed:

*The account was originally created as "Bradjamesbrown" on February 28, 2006, but its first edit wasn't until September 19 of that year.

*Over the next three years, only about 50 edits were made using the account. Those 50 edits suggest familiarity with Wikipedia and its lingo. He uses the phrase "vandalism revert" in his first edit ever. His fifth and sixth edits are to the article on the WMF's Erik Moeller. The purpose of his 11th edit was to "remove unverifyable [sic] information." In his 15th edit, he used a stock vandalism warning template. With his 22nd edit, he created an ANI thread. In his 36th edit, he used the abbreviation "NPOV."

*Then, starting on November 21, 2009, Bradjamesbrown dove headlong into AfD, AfC, patrolling, etc., and the account became truly "active" for the first time. Six months later, he had accrued over 55,000 edits, about half of which were made in March and April 2010 alone (source). At that point, in May 2010, he became an administrator after his RfA closed without a single opposing vote. A few days later, on June 1, the account was renamed "Courcelles."

*In December 2011, he completed his meteoric rise when he was elected to an ArbCom seat with the highest support percentage of any candidate. He and Elen of the Roads are the only members of ArbCom apparently hailing from the "next generation" of Wikipedians, such as it is; both started actively editing in 2009 and became admins in 2010. All other arbs passed RfA in 2008 or earlier.

Good eye, RED2.
What say you, en.wp?!

Is this SHITHEEL the guy to represent you?

Does he espouse your values?

Choose wisely.
I'm between gigs.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:54 am

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:42 am
Alex Shih wrote:
Vigilant wrote:Courcelles, RIP
Another editor down for getting entangled with Laura Hale.
That's too bad, although like many people here said, he has been doing the equivalent of fuckall and should have resigned much earlier.
Honest question.

Courcelles aka Bradford James Brown was deeply involved in and completely aware of the grifting being run by Laura Hale.
That's incontrovertible from the documentation on this thread.
It also implicates his wife, Fluffernutter aka Karen Brown, in a gross conflict of interest.
That's almost certainly why he resigned.

The 'collaboration' between Courcelles and LauraHale goes back to AT LEAST 2011.

Courcelles should have, at the very, very least, have announced his COI and recused immediately when this case came to the docket.

Why, oh why, is his resignation a bad thing?
In any sense?
Don't we want professional and ethical people in positions of power?
What is old is made new again.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:02 am

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:40 am
I'm fairly certain that there is a very strong case to be made that Courcelles (T-C-L) has violated WP:ADMINCOND in the Fram case.
Enabling paid COI editing should also figure in.

Eight years he's been doing this grift with Laura Hale.
CU, OS, ARBCOM, admin, .....
He's run cover for her in other ARBCOM cases.

Someone should add a FoF that desysops and indef blocks him in the Proposed Decision talk page.

ARBCOM and Trust and Safety *should* be all in, given their tenor with Fram.
Burn, motherfucker.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:06 am

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 pm
Earthy Astringent wrote:Speaking of Arbs, we ought to have a “the worst arb” poll and give the winner a prize. Hell, have categories across the board for WO’s very own version of the Oscars. I would prefer some horribly politically incorrect and juvenile name, like “The Tardies”. But I suppose we could go with its equivalent: The Jimmies! Instead of a gold statue they would get lifetime supply of condoms with our heartfelt wishes that they never procreate.
The Limp Jimbo Award.

Courcelles - Hands down. He KNEW what Laura Hale is, his wife is on Trust and Safety, and he still let this case go ahead without shooting it down.
COMPLICIT.
SPINELESS.
QUISLING.
WHAT SAY YOU en.wp?

Are you as craven as all this?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:08 am

Vigilant wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:35 am
Beeblebrox wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
Vigilant wrote:The question has to be asked:

Who else, on ARBCOM, was aware of what Laura Hale was up to?
I doubt most of them fully realized before all this the depths of what she was doing. I certainly didn't until you made your prolonged presentations here on the subject, before Framgate she was just someone I had heard of and recalled vaguely from when Hawkeye7 was desysopped.
Courcelles aka Bradford Brown did.
Karen Brown did.

All of Trust and Safety should have.

Legal signed off on this.
Katherine Maker signed off on this.

As you might imagine, I suspect strongly that others in the power structure knew enough to have scotched this particular witch burning.

Where we are now...
https://youtu.be/GKZ2deYrAQo?t=1466
You asked who else on Arbcom knew, which I assumed meant in addition to Courcelles.
Sorry, that was confusing on my part.

I was starting at ARBCOM.
If none of them knew besides Bradford Brown aka Courcelles, I might not have a hard time believing that.
They should have known.
They should have had an open, transparent evidence stage . Maybe even a workshop...
They should have listened and they should have investigated the claims before we got to Proposed Decision stage.
At the very least, Courcelles should have stood up and said, "STOP! There's been a terrible miscarriage of justice here!", but he was a coward.

As to the rest, do you suppose it's possible that Courcelles' wife Karen Brown didn't know?

Trust and Safety with their 70 page document?
WMAU and WMF given their involvement with contracts, GLAM, etc?

It stretches credulity.
Hey en.wp,

This skeevy FUCKER is editing your wiki.
Have you NO SHAME?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:11 am

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 pm
Earthy Astringent wrote:Speaking of Arbs, we ought to have a “the worst arb” poll and give the winner a prize. Hell, have categories across the board for WO’s very own version of the Oscars. I would prefer some horribly politically incorrect and juvenile name, like “The Tardies”. But I suppose we could go with its equivalent: The Jimmies! Instead of a gold statue they would get lifetime supply of condoms with our heartfelt wishes that they never procreate.
The Limp Jimbo Award.

Courcelles - Hands down. He KNEW what Laura Hale is, his wife is on Trust and Safety, and he still let this case go ahead without shooting it down.
COMPLICIT.
SPINELESS.
QUISLING.
Fuck this guy.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:14 am

Vigilant wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm
Creating Histories of the Australian Paralympic Movement: A New Relationship between Researchers and the Community (2014–2018)
http://researchers.uq.edu.au/research-project/15622

Documenting the Australian Paralympic story - 7 Aug 2019 (editor's note: This website as part of the project went live DURING Fram's ARBCOM trial *boggle*)
https://habs.uq.edu.au/article/2019/08/ ... mpic-story
The project, titled ‘Creating Histories of the Australian Paralympic Movement: A New Relationship between Researchers and the Community’, has three major components: Wikipedia pages, a website, and a book (which is at manuscript stage).
The website...
The website, Paralympic Stories, was launched in April 2019, and is a major milestone for the project.
The credits contain some familiar names...
https://paralympichistory.org.au/credits/
Leigh Blackall, Greg Blood, Vicki Epstein, Laura Hale, Tara MacPhail, Ross Mallett, Patricia Ollerenshaw, Graham Pearce, John Vandenberg, Liz Watt from the HOPAU Wikipedia and e-history group, the ongoing group that has contributed more than anyone else.
Wikimedia Australia, including Toby Hudson, Pru Mitchell, Kerry Raymond and Steven Zhang.
This official project went on for five years so far and was paid for from government funds.
Think on that.

Actual coordination, however, started much earlier.

Australian Paralympic History Project
https://www.paralympic.org.au/programs/ ... y-project/
Wikipedia

Since 2010, Paralympics Australia has enjoyed a relationship with Wikimedia Australia, the parent body for Wikipedia in Australia.

Nearly 1,000 new articles relating to Paralympic sport, especially Paralympic sport in Australia, have been created, including articles about every Australian Paralympic medallist and every member of the Australian Paralympic Team from 2012 to 2018. During the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, these articles were viewed more than 1.9 million times.

In 2017, more than 50 volunteer editors were involved in creating and updating Paralympic content. Paralympics Australia runs workshops annually for new and existing editors.
This smells to high heaven and should probably result in WMAU getting the same treatment that WMUK got for GibraltarPedia and the QRCode debacle.
The parallels are between these two grifts are compelling to say the least.
How much money has been spent on WMAU based grifts?

And the book
https://www.paralympic.org.au/wp-conten ... ersion.pdf
Written history

The narrative contained within the written history of the
Paralympic movement in Australia will wind through the history
project, connecting its elements in a multidimensional tapestry.
The primary vehicle for the presentation of the written history
will be online.

The online narrative will link to Wikipedia articles about athletes
and other key participants; it will link to photos; it will link to the
oral histories, to videos; and it will reference the APC’s physical
collections such as memorabilia and the library.

The written history will utilise recent successful online storytelling
techniques to tell the story of the Paralympic movement in
Australia in a compelling way that can be accessed linearly or
non-linearly. A “print on demand” book version is also planned.
The APC has commissioned the University of Queensland to
create the written history. UQ has received additional funding
through a National Research Council grant of $240,000 for the
project, which is seen as an innovative way of telling history.
The grifting never stops.

To summarize, dear reader:
* Every time Fram tried to fix any Paralympic article, he was up against an entire group of people who were editing collectively.
* They coordinated off-wiki, there was money involved, they conspired to flood DYK, GA, FA, Front Page, and other venues to generate page views.
* Laura Hale, like Roger Bamkin in GibraltarPedia, had a scheme to monetize, off wiki in a private project (http://www.para-sports.es), the work she was already paid by HOPAU for.
* Internally, these editors had air cover from Arbs, WMF employees and at least one member of the Board of Trustees.
* Externally, they had the support of the universities, the Australian government and at least one member of Parliament.
* ARBCOM, at Trust and Safety insistence, has started an official case against FRAM, but can't seem point to anything that Fram has done wrong.
* ARBCOM desperately needs to start the WP:BOOMERANG (so apt) case against everyone involved in this scheme.

The stench of corruption is so strong here that nothing else can be discerned but its reek.
Wikipedia, you guys need to clean this with fire or you are complicit through inaction.
When the next paid grifter comes prowling on en.wp, you won't be able to turn them away.
Courcelles was KEY in this.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:17 am

Vigilant wrote:
Creating Histories of the Australian Paralympic Movement: A New Relationship between Researchers and the Community (2014–2018)

Documenting the Australian Paralympic story - 7 Aug 2019 (editor's note: This website as part of the project went live DURING Fram's ARBCOM trial *boggle*)
The project, titled ‘Creating Histories of the Australian Paralympic Movement: A New Relationship between Researchers and the Community’, has three major components: Wikipedia pages, a website, and a book (which is at manuscript stage).
The website...
The website, Paralympic Stories, was launched in April 2019, and is a major milestone for the project.
Leigh Blackall, Greg Blood, Vicki Epstein, Laura Hale, Tara MacPhail, Ross Mallett, Patricia Ollerenshaw, Graham Pearce, John Vandenberg, Liz Watt from the HOPAU Wikipedia and e-history group, the ongoing group that has contributed more than anyone else.
Wikimedia Australia, including Toby Hudson, Pru Mitchell, Kerry Raymond and Steven Zhang.
This official project went on for five years so far and was paid for from government funds.
Think on that.

Wikipedia

Since 2010, Paralympics Australia has enjoyed a relationship with Wikimedia Australia, the parent body for Wikipedia in Australia.

Nearly 1,000 new articles relating to Paralympic sport, especially Paralympic sport in Australia, have been created, including articles about every Australian Paralympic medallist and every member of the Australian Paralympic Team from 2012 to 2018. During the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, these articles were viewed more than 1.9 million times.

In 2017, more than 50 volunteer editors were involved in creating and updating Paralympic content. Paralympics Australia runs workshops annually for new and existing editors.
This smells to high heaven and should probably result in WMAU getting the same treatment that WMUK got for GibraltarPedia and the QRCode debacle.

And the book
Written history

will be online.

* Every time Fram tried to fix any Paralympic article, he was up against an entire group of people who were editing collectively.
* They coordinated off-wiki, there was money involved, they conspired to flood DYK, GA, FA, Front Page, and other venues to generate page views.
* Laura Hale, like Roger Bamkin in GibraltarPedia, had a scheme to monetize, off wiki in a private project (http://www.para-sports.es), the work she was already paid by HOPAU for.
* Internally, these editors had air cover from Arbs, WMF employees and at least one member of the Board of Trustees.
* Externally, they had the support of the universities, the Australian government and at least one member of Parliament.
* ARBCOM, at Trust and Safety insistence, has started an official case against FRAM, but can't seem point to anything that Fram has done wrong.
* ARBCOM desperately needs to start the WP:BOOMERANG (so apt) case against everyone involved in this scheme.

The stench of corruption is so strong here that nothing else can be discerned but its reek.
Wikipedia, you guys need to clean this with fire or you are complicit through inaction.
When the next paid grifter comes prowling on en.wp, you won't be able to turn them away.
What say you, en.wp?

Is there no stench too deep for you to cry out?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:18 am

Vigilant wrote:

The website...
Think on that.

Wikipedia

And the book
Written history

will be online.

Why is Courcelles still editing?
Why is Karen Brown still employed?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:26 am

Hey Brad,

I'm going to be a complete motherfucker about this.

FYI

Plan accordingly.
I have effectively unlimited funds to pursue this.

I intend to to engage UK representation in the next few weeks.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:35 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:42 am
Randy from Boise wrote:
DHeyward wrote:
Vigilant wrote:It is better to live on your feet than die on your knees.
I'm hoping you meant it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees. But maybe the other way avoids the pile-on.
The other way around is truly the best of all possible worlds...

I have sympathy for Arbcom's dilemma, I really do. They have to do something here, otherwise T&S will declare community processes null and void and continue with their absolutely unacceptable central dictation of day-to-day behavior on En-WP. But they really screwed the pooch by accepting the T&S premise that HARASSMENT was axiomatic and must be eliminated through secret complaint and unilateral secret action. They should have fought for our established system of governance from the very top; but they surrendered and now they get to reap what they have sown.

Bad move by them.

I think Silk Tork and WTT are behaving as well as they can. I have a high degree of confidence in Opabinia r. But they've painted themselves into a corner by running this as a secret operation. They should just do what they said they were gonna do, detool The Tool out of process and hope that T&S has learned something from this fiasco. Arbcom is gonna take their lumps either way, there's really no good outcome for them at this point. Why they are dragging this out now is a mystery.

RfB
No it's not. Of course this was going to happen.

They're political amateurs with no real authority, experience or competence in arbitration.
Instead of framing the questions themselves, they allowed Trust and Safety to set the boundaries prior to even seeing the 'supar secret dossier'.
They were forced to accept the premise that Fram did something bad because they let the enemy, Trust and Safety, set the battlefield order.

They still have a few ways to get out with their honor, but it's unpalatable to them because personal honor isn't valuable let alone paramount to any of them.

They could do the right thing, but it is too damn hard.
Brad Brown is FUCKING COWARD.
Mark it here.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:39 am

Prepare to receive the dildo of consequences.

It rarely arrives lubricated.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:43 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31 pm
Silk Tork on the Proposed Decision talk page.
especially when there may be several incidents, albeit they are close to the line rather than clearly over it. Incidents such as those in the GS case, the outburst toward ArbCom, the refocus of attention on a contributor who had requested that another admin should look into their behaviour if there was a concern, the revert through protection, and others need to be considered.
* GiantSnowman - Fram was explicitly found to have acted correctly
* Fuck ARBCOM 'outburst' - red herring. Nobody is going to get desysoped for lese majesty
* the refocus of attention on a contributor who had requested that another admin should look into their behaviour if there was a concern- That's Laura Hale et al, the real focus of this case.
* Revert through protection - following an edit through protection? Restoring the state prior to the edit through protection? That's not desysoping stuff.
* Some amorphous 'others' that 'need to be considered' - if they were serious, they'd be enumerated.

As I predicted, this case was all about Laura Hale and her grift getting disrupted and everything else in the Trust and Safety dossier was chaff designed to obfuscate that Laura Hale's corrupt complaint was the driving force for the Trust and Safety action.

How does this work with the Chair of the Board of Trustees so deeply enmeshed?
Can anyone trust ARBCOM if a case is to be opened on this conspiracy of dunces?
What could the remedy from a case held on en.wp be?
With Katherine Maher shown to be a smiling zero and Jimmy Wales always having been an empty suit, are there no avenues for redress of this complaint?
Why is the Great Community Hope, Doc James, assiduously keeping his head down during this corrupt editing debacle? *cough*coward*cough*

It appears that Maria Sefidari Huici and Laura Hale are the true Untouchables here.
The first Royal family of Wikipedia...
Chew on that, peasants.
AN ENTIRE COHORT OF MOTHERFUCKING COWARDS.

Think upon what you have wrought, en.wp.

No Ledge
Habitué
Wikipedia User: wbm1058

Unread post by No Ledge » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:58 am

I don't know what you're threatening to do but nobody on Wikipedia deserves something like this
No coffee? OK, then maybe just a little appreciation for my work out here?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:46 am

No Ledge wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:58 am
I don't know what you're threatening to do but nobody on Wikipedia deserves something like this
Brad Brown ran away before when I showed everyone on en.wp exactly how dirty he was with Laura Hale and the paid editing for HOPAU.

As long as he was gone, I'd let it lie.

But now that he's back to editing regularly, his role needs some sunlight.

He was on ARBCOM while he was grifting with Hale.
He was on ARBCOM while he showed up to vote Keep on Hale's garbage paid HOPAU articles (coordinated offsite on google groups).
He was on ARBCOM while Fram got banned by T&S.
He was perfectly content to sit in judgement of Fram and hiding his disqualifying Conflict Of Interest.
He only quit ARBCOM when I showed, incontrovertibly, his deep involvement with Hale and their grifting.

Think on that.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:40 pm

No Ledge wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:58 am
I saw that story last night. It was pretty shocking and it's gonna cost somebody a pile of change in a civil suit, I predict.

t

No Ledge
Habitué

Unread post by No Ledge » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:27 pm

He's worked his way up to #75 on this list, having made over 400,000 edits. That's a pretty rarefied space. Not one where you expect to find many Arbitration Committee members.

But most of those edits were amassed in the four years 2010-2013:
  • 2010: 95,337 edits
  • 2011: 100,732 edits
  • 2012: 117,261 edits
  • 2013: 44,919 edits
That's a total of 358,249 edits in just four years, 84% of his career edit total.

His top edited page is 2012 Summer Paralympics medal table (T-H-L) with 1,178 edits, which is more than double the number of edits to his second-most edited article. 2012 was the year of peak editing activity.

The page statistics show that he created that article, has made 78% of the edits to that page and 70% of the added text yet the authorship chart says he is only responsible for 13% of the current character count. Added 26,142 bytes and deleted 21,295 bytes so apparently a lot of content shuffling.

Interestingly enough I'm not seeing any edits to that article by Ms. Hale or any "vanished user".

He made 948 edits on 21 August 2012, the day he started working on that paralympics medal table article, and 912 of them were semi-automated edits using the Auto Wiki Browser, mostly to add a category to an article or change a hyphen to a dash ("link repair"). Pretty much all of his 36 non-AWB edits that day were to work on that one paralympics article. I don't see anything from his editing that day to indicate why he took about a half-hour break from his regular AWB button pushing to work on that article.

No Ledge
Habitué

Unread post by No Ledge » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:25 pm

All I have to say about his oppose (drama)-free RfA is that he should be glad that Cassianto and GregJackP weren't on the "content-creator's warpath" back in May 2010, if all he could cite as his best work was List of Olympic medalists in softball (T-H-L).

But that seems to indicate his interest in Olympics articles wasn't limited to just paralympics, and he may have had some interest in writing about the topic independent of Ms. Hale's recruitment efforts.

P.S. The lead section of that "featured list" fails to mention the apparent reinstatement of the sport for the 2020 Tokyo games.

EDIT. P.P.S. Though someone did complain about a lack of article building in the "neutral" section

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed May 03, 2023 9:51 pm

Vigilant wrote:
And the book
The book's author, a Prof. Murray Phillips (T-H-L), is giving a presentation for the (virtual) Wikihistories conference entitlted "Tensions, Compromises and Achievements: Developing the Australian Paralympic Wikipedia History Project."

I generally try to avoid going as far as Mr. Vigilant has in referring to all this as "grifting," if only out of respect for the article subjects (i.e., Paralympic athletes) themselves... but they're definitely still trying to legitimize, or at least defend, whatever it was they were doing.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu May 04, 2023 3:11 am

The grift goes on and on…

Lurking
Contributor

Unread post by Lurking » Mon May 15, 2023 11:22 pm

...guess who has regained CU permissions?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 15, 2023 11:42 pm

Lurking wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:22 pm
...guess who has regained CU permissions?
For the record...
Change to the Checkuser team

Following a request to the Committee, the CheckUser permissions of Courcelles (talk · contribs · blocks · protections · deletions · page moves · rights · RfA) have been restored. For the Arbitration Committee, Barkeep49 (talk) 18:13, 15 May 2023 (UTC)
This guy was hip deep in the Laura Hale/Maria Sefidari Huici paid editing scandal.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed May 17, 2023 3:36 pm

Reupping since Brad has come back.

Courcelles should be indef'd.
Vigilant wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:11 am
Vigilant wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:38 pm
What an interesting document

Wikimedia Paralympic history project - Wikimedia Australia
* The success of the project in attracting editors with a disability supports diversity within the Wikipedia
editing community. These editors include Melissa Carlton, Elizabeth Edmondson and Graham Pearce.

* Approximately half of the editors involved in the Paralympic history project are female, including new
editors Tara McPhail, Melissa Carlton, Patricia Ollerenshaw, Rebekka Wake, and Elizabeth Edmondson.

In addition, experienced editor Laura Hale has been the most prodigious contributor to the project.
Existing editors

* The project has engaged with experienced existing editors. By supporting them, providing resources,
feedback, and opportunities for collaboration and recognition, the project has sought to enhance their
involvement with Wikipedia and to regenerate their interest.

* Editors such as Laura Hale, John Vandenberg, Graham Pearce, Ross Mallett, Toby Hudson, and Robert
Myers
have made major contributions to the project by creating and editing articles, taking photos of
events, doing interviews, writing Wikinews stories and training and mentoring new editors.

* Existing editors have seen sufficient value in the program that some of them have spent large amounts
of their own money to attend events in Australia and overseas. For example, in November 2013, Ross
Mallett
travelled from Canberra to Bangkok to cover the Asia-Oceania wheelchair basketball zonal
championships, and John Vandenberg travelled from Jakarta to Bangkok to for the same event.
A library of Paralympic sport images.

* Since the project commenced, 1,763 images have been uploaded into Wikimedia Commons for use in
Wikipedia articles about Paralympic sport.

* These images have been used extensively across the different language versions of Wikipedia to
illustrate articles about Paralympic sport. For example, this image of Priya Cooper appears in three
English language articles as well as articles in six other language versions of Wikipedia.

* One of the aims of the project is to make available 35,000 images from the APC‟s collection.
Making most of these contributions entirely suspect...

A precedent of editing and reporting at the Paralympic Games

Wikimedia Australia and the Australian Paralympic Committee combined to fund the first media
accreditations of Wikipedia editors at the Paralympic Games, when they sent two editors to the London
2012 Paralympic Games under the “Wikimedians to the Games” (W2G) project.

The two Wikimedians who attended the Games published 69 Wikinews articles during the Games,
conducted thirteen interviews, uploaded a number of images to Wikimedia Commons and updated
Wikipedia articles about the Games and the Paralympic movement. The report of the W2G project is
contained in Attachment B.

Expanding this concept internationally, one of the W2G Wikimedians, Laura Hale, will take a team of
accredited Ukrainian Wikinews reporters to the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.

Because Ukrainian Wikipedia lacks a great deal of Paralympic content and in preparation for Sochi, Laura and her team are working on creating a way to bulk create articles as many Paralympic medallists and world record holders as possible. Laura has also talked to people involved with four other language Wikipedia projects who have indicated their interest in bulk creating articles about Paralympic medallists if a standardised data file is available to allow ease of translation.

The Australian Paralympic Committee is keen to support Wikimedians to attend the 2016 Paralympic
Summer Games in Rio.
Game over, right there.
Laura Hale bulk produced shit articles for pay.
Everyone knew what was going on an protected her.

Here's her status report to her employer.
ATTACHMENT A: W2G
A report on the Wikimedians to the Games project
Adapted and including tabular data from a report written by Laura Hale
CC-BY http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/File:H ... ympics.pdf
Enumerated tasks from her employer
Laura Hale conducted a Wikinews workshop in London August 2012 in the lead-up to the Games.

Upon nomination as one of the W2G, Laura Hale worked with the APC and other HoPAu editors to:
• create articles about all 161 Australian 2012 Summer Paralympians;
• place pictures of every 2012 Australian Paralympian on Wikimedia Commons and in their Wikipedia
article;
• create an extensive set of articles about as many Paralympic classification classes as possible (127
created);
• publish articles on Wikinews in lead-up to London Games;
• donated images taken by the Wiki community of Australian Paralympic sport to Wikimedia
Commons(more than 250 images); and
• Upload Paralympic related interviews to Wikimedia Commons (10).
ProTip: You guys got screwed. The articles were garbage.

These articles all need to be rereviewed in light of the conflict of interest editing
12 HoPAu supported articles have earned Good Article status. Of these, 10 are about London
Paralympians: Angie Ballard, Jennifer Blow, Meica Christensen, Ellie Cole, Nicole Esdaile, Jessica Gallagher,
Rachel Henderson, Michelle Rzepecki, Tyan Taylor, Teigan Van Roosmalen. Of these, 6 achieved their status
a month before the start of the Games.

Ah, Commons got extensively shit in as well.
Wikimedia Commons

In the lead-up to London, the Australian Paralympic Committee uploaded more than 600 images to
Wikimedia Commons, an image sharing resource which is part of the Wikimedia project. In addition,
images were uploaded by people involved with the project, including LauraHale and Bidgee, who
photographed at events in Australia in the lead-up to the Games. One image taken by a participant was
used in a television broadcast about the men‟s wheelchair basketball team in the lead-up to London.

Wikinews, a Laura Hale creation from whole cloth was also involved. No surprises there.
Wikinews

Table 3 summarises the Wikinews articles by sport published in the Paralympic period. Table 4 breaks down
the articles according to the country of the subjects of the stories. During the Games, articles were written
about athletes from 29 different countries.

A list of the involved
Attachment B

Project contributors

To date, the Paralympic history project has been very successful in harnessing the contributions of a large
number of people and providing the opportunity for them to contribute according to their interests and
areas of expertise.

This attachment illustrates the breadth of the input to the project from more than 30 people, most of who
continue to be involved in some way.

Not all contributors edit Wikipedia.

Facilitators

In the early stages of the project Leigh Blackall and Professor Keith Lyons from the University of Canberra
were instrumental in developing the project concept and initial strategies and making the introductions to
representatives of Wikimedia Australia which were crucial in establishing the project.

Leigh Blackall has been involved in Wikimedia for a very long time, but with low level of contributions outside
of his own professional activity. He was a key organiser of RecentChangesCamp Canberra which WMAU
supported.
He envisaged Wikimedia having a role to play in the Paralympic history project, and wrote the
tender for the written history component of the project. He was instrumental in gaining the support of
WMAU.
During this time, Leigh ran Wikipedia workshops in Australia, with libraries and education institutions.
Leigh set up the project blog and the Google Group which is the main communication tool for the project.

Existing editors

The project has been fortunate to attract extensive input from a group of experienced editors. Some of
them have made extensive time and financial commitments to the project. They have also played a
significant role in assisting and mentoring new editors.

* Laura Hale had minor Wikimedia roles in the past, and was also a key organiser of
RecentChangesCamp Canberra, but it was the Paralympic history project that pulled Laura into the
Wikipedia world, and under this project she was engaged as Australia's first 'Wikimedian in Residence'.
It
had rocky times, and didn't fit the mold of other Wikimedian in Residence, but she is a content creation
machine
, and this was a critical component of the project. The 'Wikimedian in Residence' mould has
since been broken a few times with the Open Science and Consumer Reports WIRs.

Laura Hale has been a 1000+ edit per month contributor for over 24 months. Laura was sent to the
London Paralympics through the Wikimedians to the Games project. She continues to contribute to
Paralympic topics, and has taken some of the project concepts to Spain and Ukraine.

* John Vandenberg is now heavily devoted to the HOPAU project, both in his time and has spent over $10,000 of his own money on this project since 2011.

* Ross Mallett is now heavily devoted to the HOPAU project, both in his time and has spent over $10,000 of his own money on this project since 2012. Ross Mallett was sent to the London Paralympics through
the Wikimedians to the Games project. He attends Paralympic events in Australia and internationally and has created a number of articles about Paralympic sport in countries in the Asia Pacific region.

* Graham Pearce has contributed significantly to the HOPAU project, doing radio interviews, copyediting and polishing hundreds of articles, constantly monitoring the content for changes, and working closely with subjects to help them contribute to Wikipedia through him, and usually these contributions are adding quality rather than quantity - getting the small details right.

* Toby Hudson has photographed events and edited a number of articles, including the Wikipedia page "Disability in Australia" created in September 2013, which is 2,555 words of prose.

* Steven Zhang expanded “Amanda Fraser” and guided it onto the front page of English Wikipedia as a “Did You Know?”. Steven put a lot of time into the wording of this article, and was thanked by Tony
Naar and the subject‟s family for delicate handling of a touchy subject.

* Robert Myers (Bidgee) has attended many Paralympic events, contributing photos to the project and editing articles relating to the events.

New editors

The project has attracted a number of new editors from within the Paralympic movement and others who
had previously not had an active role in Paralympic sport. As with the existing editors, for some of these new
editors, the project has been a vehicle for their engagement with Paralympic sport.

Paralympians editing Wikipedia

* Elizabeth Edmondson was a Paralympic gold medallist at the 1964 and 1968 Paralympic Games. She attended the first project‟s workshop in Perth and has continued to edit and contribute to the project in
other ways since that time.

* Melissa Carlton is a Tasmanian swimmer who attended the first Brisbane workshop and became an active editor, with a specific interest in Tasmanian athletes, coaches and officials.

* User: Sportygeek is a current female Paralympian who commenced editing Wikipedia in January 2013 and has amassed 1,056 edits in her first year of editing, mostly improving Paralympic topics, and has
created several new articles.

Other new editors

* Tara McPhail was told about the HOPAU project by occasional editor Chris Gould (who was introduced to the project through her role at the National Sports Information Centre), who was a neighbour. Tara thought it would be a good project to volunteer for and attended the classification workshop in Canberra. Inspired by the topical area, and challenged by the laissez-faire nature of wikis, Tara threw herself into the tasks at hand in the HOPAU project, including creating flyers, transcribing audio, uploading photos, etc. Tara was a highly active editor for almost 12 months, has participated in meetups, spoken about the project at the national librarians‟ conference, and continues to edit occasionally.

* Greg Blood had retired from the National Sports Information Centre at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and was interested in using Wikipedia to assist in gathering material to write a book about the history of the AIS. He was recruited to the project by Tony Naar, who manages the project for the APC. Greg decided to start an account and give it a try in January 2012. He has since written more than 30 articles, has been an active editor every month, and is often a „very active‟ editor, and has 5,111 edits in less than two years of contributing. Since the 2102 Paralympics he has continued to edit Wikipedia, widening his interests to include drugs in sport in Australia, the organisation of sport in Australia, sport and the 2013 Australian federal election and the AIS.

* Vicki Epstein is the wife of Paralympian Ray Epstein and has written a book on the history of the disability sport in Queensland. Her interest is in Queensland athletes and she is an active contributor to the HOPAU email group.

* Tony Naar manages the Paralympic history project for the APC.

* Rebekka Wake works in the communications division of the APC.

* Patricia Ollerenshaw has been an active volunteer with the APC since 2001 and currently focuses on sourcing material for the history project. She has attended two workshops and written articles about
people who have been missed by other editors.

* Graham Pearce's mother, Linda, contributes enormously to the HOPAU project indirectly, assisting and
supporting Graham in many varied ways. Graham's work in this project is described above. As just one
example, Linda has searched newspaper article scans for reliable sources.

* Stephen Townsend is a post-graduate student at UQ and has become involved in editing through the involvement of UQ. He has written a Wikipedia article (at the SLQ workshops), published academic articles about Wikipedia, and fixed an error identified as part of his research.

* User: Lucky102 (Ireland and Sydney) began editing Wikipedia during the 2012 Paralympic Games, working on Paralympic topics relevant to the ongoing Paralympic Games. They have made more than 1,500 contributions in 1.5 years and have created 34 articles.

Non-Australian

* Roger Conroy has been a disability sport contributor for a long time and has also joined the HOPAU project team, and has seen the benefits of HOPAU to the entire Paralympics area. He continues to support the project.

* User:Axid in France has been writing articles about the Paralympics and Paralympians for a long time. In 2011 and 2013 he has expressed his support for the project and helps whenever he can.

* Brian McNeil from the UK is another editor who supports the program.

* Siska, Kartika, Ivonne, Revo and Risky attended the 2012 Paralympics workshop in Jakarta.

* Kartika and Ivonne have uploaded batches of images to Wikimedia Commons.

Other project contributors
I deleted the non-wikipediots.

This is a conspiracy to edit wikipedia for cash.
* One of the named participants, Laura Hale, is the wife of Maria Sefidari Huici, Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation.
* Another of the named participants is Courcelles who is married to Karen Brown on the Trust and Safety gang.
Just in case anybody forgets that Courcelles was deeply involved in the biggest scam on en.wp EVER.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed May 17, 2023 3:40 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 am
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants: ... ch_Oceania

This is from before the WMAU/Paralympics grift.
Participation

LauraHale , Courcelles , Hawkeye7 and Chzz are leading the in-person outreach efforts.
They seem close
Short response to beria

Too hard for one person to do. Australians are not cheaper. Region is historical connected to USA. Asia might be cheaper but visas come into play. Need decision ASAP to find chapter solution if WMF not funding. If I take one, I pick Courcelles. --LauraHale 21:46, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
Courcelles was already deep into en.wp
User:Courcelles -Admin, OS, CU, Abuse filter, with over 200,000 edits, among the 100 most active editors on en.wp. Active on IRC, well trusted and liked by the community.
Looks like they moved on to the next grift together.

SLW80
Contributor

Unread post by SLW80 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:58 am

I have no idea what's happening now in Wikimedia land, but I could sense Vigilant gearing up to nuke some people from orbit and came over to visit only to find my Spidey-sense was correct.

Go get 'em. They all deserve it.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:08 am

SLW80 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:58 am
I have no idea what's happening now in Wikimedia land, but I could sense Vigilant gearing up to nuke some people from orbit and came over to visit only to find my Spidey-sense was correct.

Go get 'em. They all deserve it.
Good to see you stop by.