You might notice a few changes have been made

Why we're here. Our rules. How to contact us. Forum information.
Midsize Jake
Site Admin
kołdry
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

You might notice a few changes have been made

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Welcome back...?

Early Sunday morning (Nov. 10), our web hosting company upgraded our PHP instance to version 7.3.11, which wasn't compatible with the version of phpBB3 we were using. Apparently I didn't get the memo on this — I'll be looking into that at some point.

I've managed to upgrade the database and phpBB3 to the latest version, but as it happens, the latest version of phpBB3 isn't really all that compatible with PHP 7.3.11, either. So far it does seem to work, so I'm not going to panic over this, but we'll be keeping our eyes open for PHP errors and what-not. If you see any, please report them either to me via PM, or to a new topic we'll be creating if there are a whole bunch of errors.

I apologize for all the downtime, but of course that couldn't really be helped. (Other than maybe by my suddenly figuring out what the hell it is I'm supposed to be doing around here, but we know that can't possibly happen...)

Last but not least, our default CSS style, which was called "Getaway DarkBlue," was never updated to work with any versions of phpBB3 later than the one we'd been using. So for now at least, I've replaced it with this "flat" look that should bring back lots of nostalgia for the 2007-2011 era of UI design. We'll be discussing (in a non-public thread) whether or not to go with something else in the next few days, unless this one gets unanimous approval or whatever. But this is just the default — this version of phpBB has a style chooser in the User Profile "Appearance" settings (there might have been one in the old version and I just never noticed).