Risker Upbraids Lila for not Showing Up for Meetings

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Triptych
Retired
kołdry
Wikipedia User: it's alliterative

Risker Upbraids Lila for not Showing Up for Meetings

Unread post by Triptych » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:16 pm

This is just a funny exchange on Lila Tretikov's talkpage where Risker shows up like a stern school-madam to criticize her for Risker's viewpoint that Lila's attendance record is poor at all the great WMF technical meetings:
Your absence is noticed.

I realise I'm probably one of six people outside of the WMF staff who ever bothers to read all those quarterly reports (and yes, I do read all of them). Your absence in several of the recent series of meetings (mostly on the technical side of the house) is noticeable, based on the minutes themselves. I know you're undoubtedly busy on a large number of other things, but I hope you'll be popping in to a few more of these in the future. Risker (talk) 01:18, 4 February 2015 (UTC)

There are 21 reviews across the org with me attending most (especially those that I consider require my direct attention and direction). The tech reviews are unnecessarily fine-grained today (this is being addressed as we streamline what we are working on) and can be done by our VPE/VPP at those levels. I have been spending much more time on our operations, objectives and strategy, so that in fact, those reviews can be more impactful. You will see our new quarterly report in a couple of weeks. LilaTretikov (WMF) (talk) 07:08, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
(https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_ta ... is_noticed.)

Lila handled it pretty well.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Re: Risker Upbraids Lila for not Showing Up for Meetings

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Could have been a cat fight, but Lila did indeed deflect Risker perfectly.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:21 pm

thekohser wrote:Could have been a cat fight, but Lila did indeed deflect Risker perfectly.
It's hilarious that Risker, aka Ann Clin aka the dumbest person on wikipedia, thinks she can call someone to account.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Clin is an idiot if she thinks that Purple needs to sit in on every goddamn technical meeting. That's why she has a VP of Engineering. I imagine that she's especially more comfortable delegating to Sicore since she has prior experience with him and thus has a sense of how trustworthy he is to carry forward her directions and report back to her on sticking points that might require her direct intervention. I think she might also be more adept at internal corporate messaging than the morons on the volunteer side are probably capable even of understanding, let alone fully appreciate. The decision to take, or not take, a meeting by a CEO is a complex one, and the notion that it's Clin's place to second-guess that is (in my mind, at least) absurd. As far as I know, Clin isn't on the board or any board subcommittee tasked with supervising the Executive Director.

Clin's been in corporate health care for a long time; surely she understands that the whole point of having vice presidents is so you can delegate. I think this is just her sniping on behalf of Moeller and company, whose favor she has spent ages currying. Clin stands to lose a lot if the current crop of Wikimedia toadies get shoved out in favor of the Purple Unicorn's preferred appointees, none of whom have much reason to give Clin so much as the time of day, let alone special favors.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:49 am

Items relating to the quarterly performance reviews split here: linkviewtopic.php?f=14&t=6059[/link]