Davidwr

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

Davidwr

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 am

I type "User:David" in the search field, and "User:Davidwr" appeared in one of the auto-correction suggestion. Davidwr (T-C-L)? Where did I see that name before?

I'm currently restoring pages from Wikisposure / Evil-Unveiled and posting them on ED. Wikisposure / Evil-Unveiled had an article on Davidwr. The article was entitled "d" at Wikisposure and Evil-Unveiled, which is awful for SEO (and probably why no one noticed it, even though the article existed since 2007), so I renamed it to "Davidwr" when I moved it onto Encyclopedia Dramatica (NSFW). The renaming is what helped kept the name fresh in my head.

Davidwr was a member of several pro-pedophilia forums, including BoyChat and GirlChat. He used "d" as a pseudonym at those forums in order to avoid detection, but the people at Wikisposure saw through it.

Kato and others at the Wikipedia Review suspected that there was something terrible wrong with Davidwr:

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=21516&st=220&p=146022&mode=linear#entry146022

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=24588&st=60&p=176011&mode=linear#entry176011

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=22779 **the main Davidwr thread**

Also, ArbCom knows about this:
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:02:58 -0600
Subject: [arbcom-l] User:Haiduc

I support siteban, but we need to work out what the rule is. We
tacitly endorsed the continued editing of Davidwr last year. He came
to our awareness when he asked permission for topic socks, fearful
that editing on local topics could out him. We denied this
arrangement, so he continued under his previous deal. He was unblocked
a couple of years ago when Fred and FloNight negotiated his return
with an unspoken topic ban. Lately, we're not allowing a topic ban
solutions at all. Given the risk of grooming, I think this makes
sense.

The only distinguishing feature of Davidwr is that his pedo advocacy
was done on an edit-segregated account, and the Davidwr account was
swept up by Checkuser. Therefore, there's no apparent evidence of
advocacy, but does it make sense to rely on this odd fact? We should
either revisit his account, or accept it as a historical accident.

Frank

EricBarbour

Re: Davidwr

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 am

Don't forget that Porter "Balloonman/I'm Spartacus" Broyles tried to get Davidwr an RFA in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_ ... their_past

Make no mistake, Davidwr was up to bad things. Why is he still not blocked?

And by the way, MzMcBride's old list of Wikipedians who edited their own BLPs listed Davidwr as being David Wild (T-H-L).

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:12 am

EricBarbour wrote:And by the way, MzMcBride's old list of Wikipedians who edited their own BLPs listed Davidwr as being David Wild (T-H-L).
Let me guess: a bot saw someone named "David W[initial]" edit an article entitled "David W[some surname]" and automatically assumed that they were related. I'm sure that DavidWR isn't David Wild. MzMcBride was just running a dumb bot or something.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:18 am

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:And by the way, MzMcBride's old list of Wikipedians who edited their own BLPs listed Davidwr as being David Wild (T-H-L).
Let me guess: a bot saw someone named "David W[initial]" edit an article entitled "David W[some surname]" and automatically assumed that they were related. I'm sure that DavidWR isn't David Wild. MzMcBride was just running a dumb bot or something.
Probably, and take it up with McBride himself....

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:17 am

EricBarbour wrote:Why is he still not blocked?
I've sent ArbCom a message (and I probably shouldn't be the only one doing that, considering the circumstances).

Vocal
Critic

Unread post by Vocal » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:53 am

For the record
17:34, 30 May 2007 David Gerard (talk | contribs) blocked Voice of Britain (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (refer to arbcom for queries)

23:00, 28 May 2007 David Gerard (talk | contribs) blocked Davidwr (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Refer to ArbCom for discussion of this block)

23:00, 28 May 2007 David Gerard (talk | contribs) blocked LoneStarDavid (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Refer to ArbCom for discussion of this block)
(Given the contributions and the time-frame, Voice of Britain (T-C-L) is obviously the "edit-segregated account" CHL means)

And yet, Davidwr was let back in not even two months later.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Vocal wrote:For the record
17:34, 30 May 2007 David Gerard (talk | contribs) blocked Voice of Britain (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (refer to arbcom for queries)

23:00, 28 May 2007 David Gerard (talk | contribs) blocked Davidwr (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Refer to ArbCom for discussion of this block)

23:00, 28 May 2007 David Gerard (talk | contribs) blocked LoneStarDavid (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Refer to ArbCom for discussion of this block)
(Given the contributions and the time-frame, Voice of Britain (T-C-L) is obviously the "edit-segregated account" CHL means)

And yet, Davidwr was let back in not even two months later.
Davidwr and LoneStarDavid are certainly the same person (both are Texans, named David, and blocked at the same time), but I don't believe that "Voice of Britain" is Davidwr. Category:Suspected_Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_Voice_of_Britain contains a British IP address and an August 2008 sock tagged by "Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry". Since the deal was finalized in July 2007, Davidwr wouldn't have a post-2007 sockpuppet. The timing of Voice of Britain's block and the timing Davidwr's block is most likely a coincidence. Anyway, there's a space of around two days between the blocks, so the timing is actually off.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:45 pm

User_talk:Dfpc
Repudiating my past behavior

I am no longer the same person I was in 2007. I held values then that I now find repugnant. Living with ones past is something everyone has to do, I don't wish my particular situation on anyone.

My actions on Wikipedia were harmful to both Wikipedia and its editors as well as to the readers of most of the edits done under this account. If there was a way to apologize to each of you individually, I would. I can only apologize to a few specific individuals and to the general public.

To anyone who cites any edit made by me under this account in support of any position on the subject of pedophilia or related issues, it is almost certain that I no longer support that position and I ask that you either not cite my statement or include a disclaimer that the author no longer stands behind it.

Dfpc (talk) 21:28, 31 January 2010 (UTC)

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:59 pm

How come no one at enwiki is calling for Fred Bauder to resign his sysop privileges and for FloNight to resign her Checkuser, Oversight, and sysop privileges? The person who made this Oversight action (did Davidwr accidentally revise the talk page of his "Dfpc" account using the his "Davidwr" account and an Oversighter covered it up?) should also resign. This isn't something that should be covered up. The enwiki community shouldn't ignore what they've seen in this thread, and given that it concerns pedophilia, they have a responsibility to act upon it. The enwiki community gave power to irresponsible individuals, and the enwiki community has the responsibility to take those powers away.

Alison
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Alison
Wikipedia Review Member: Alison
Actual Name: Alison Cassidy

Unread post by Alison » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:How come no one at enwiki is calling for Fred Bauder to resign his sysop privileges and for FloNight to resign her Checkuser, Oversight, and sysop privileges? The person who made this Oversight action (did Davidwr accidentally revise the talk page of his "Dfpc" account using the his "Davidwr" account and an Oversighter covered it up?) should also resign. This isn't something that should be covered up.
I'm not a fan of pro-pedo editors, but the oversighted edit above was actually just his IP address and not an account name. He'd forgotten to log in, and that is covered under policy.
-- Allie

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Alison wrote:He'd forgotten to log in, and that is covered under policy.
Okay, however.....what does policy say about edits like this?
** I favor KEEP or MERGE with [[Pedophile_activism|Pedophile Activism]] and/or [[Net Neutrality]]. So far, I've seen calls for verifyability, notability, and WP:WEB. The article is vastly improved on both counts since its first version, but can always use more improvement. As long as the Net Neutrality factor exists, the notability standard is met and the WP:WEB is less of a factor. After that dies down, merging may be in order. In an article on a topic like this, NPOV is a risk with every edit, but the community will take care of this. I've also seen a few comments that this article violates WP:NO_EVIL. In part, this can be addressed by expanding it to Free Spirits and including material about how Law Enforcement and others use Free Spirits as an example in training and policy materials. I started this process by adding a "BoyChat and Free Spirits citations in the press, academia, and policy-making" section. I think Xavier might have a few useful things to add to that section. As for GirlChat, at the time, neither it nor BoyChat met the notability criteria. I missed the GirlChat content, but I hope some of it was salvaged for related topics. [[User:Dfpc|Dfpc]] 02:08, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
***** I see your point but I think you picked a bad example with the movie script. The circumstances which might make it notable enough to be in Wikipedia, for example, if a copy marked up by the director sold at auction for a record price, or if it were in a noteworthy court case, would IMHO make it worthy of an entry here. Perhaps a better example would be a movie script with no notability outside of the movie industry or fan clubs. But IMHO that wouldn't meet the notability requirement so we are back to square one: looking for a notable, verifiable event that does not belong in Wikipedia. Remember, since October, BoyChat/Free Spirits is notable for reasons outside of pedophilia, namely, attempted suppression of legal speech online and Net Neutrality. Such suppression is NOT a fringe issue. Even within the pedophilia arena, BoyChat has some minor notability/notoriety in scholarly and legal circles. Whether that rises to a "general interest" level common in Wikipedia is a matter for continued discussion. [[User:Dfpc|Dfpc]] 16:05, 16 December 2006 (UTC)

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Alison wrote:I'm not a fan of pro-pedo editors, but the oversighted edit above was actually just his IP address and not an account name. He'd forgotten to log in, and that is covered under policy.
Okay, but the other parties (Fred Bauder and co.) still have a lot to answer for.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 pm

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://evil-unveiled.com/*
Sorry.

This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.
All evil-unveiled.com archives have been censored from archive.org, probably at the insistence of Davidwr or Wikipedians who have seen this thread. The Wikipedians are endangering children who might've benefited from those archives. This is incredibly selfish of them.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://evil-unveiled.com/*
Sorry.
All evil-unveiled.com archives have been censored from archive.org, probably at the insistence of Davidwr or Wikipedians who have seen this thread. The Wikipedians are endangering children who might've benefited from those archives. This is incredibly selfish of them.
I noticed that quite a while ago. It's amazing how friendly archive.org is toward Wikipedians and their camp followers, plus other Web 2.0 people who want to abuse each other. All kinds of variegated websites have vanished from the Archive servers, some of them quite old and of genuine historical interest.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:34 am

EricBarbour wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://evil-unveiled.com/*
Sorry.
I noticed that quite a while ago. It's amazing how friendly archive.org is toward Wikipedians and their camp followers, plus other Web 2.0 people who want to abuse each other. All kinds of variegated websites have vanished from the Archive servers, some of them quite old and of genuine historical interest.
You can also grab an expired domain and exclude it through robots.txt and wipe out the Archive.org copy of the previous site...

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:13 am

Zoloft wrote:You can also grab an expired domain and exclude it through robots.txt and wipe out the Archive.org copy of the previous site...
Perhaps that happened to other domains, but it isn't what happened to the evil-unveiled.com domain. The evil-unveiled.com domain hasn't changed hands.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:36 pm

This guy is still editing today...

Amazing
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:22 am

They're like a hydra.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Rogol Domedonfors

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:30 pm

One year on, this user is still active. One article he has been active on is SeriousFun Children's Network (T-H-L).

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:One year on, this user is still active. One article he has been active on is SeriousFun Children's Network (T-H-L).
I don't know about still active. There was one edit in April and nothing since.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche