Infobitt, Sanger's new project

Internet Fads, Fallacies, and GroupThink - and their influence on Wikipedia.
Information must be free, as is your hard work.
Hex
Retired
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Scott

Infobitt, Sanger's new project

Unread post by Hex » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Dear Larry,

There's a name for unsolicited email like the one you just sent me. It's "spam".
Larry Sanger wrote: Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 17:19:30 -0400
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Sent you an Infobitt invite

Hello,

I sent you an invite to Infobitt. We haven't launched yet but we're
interested in testing the site. We'd love to have your help!

No one has crowdsourced front page news before--because people expect the
news to be high-quality, and nobody has figured out how to crowdsource
consistently high quality. Infobitt aims to be the first. We will engage,
when launched, a huge number of people both to create and read a front page
news site.

We're not done--the editing and competition features aren't created yet.
Give us about six weeks.

Please help beta-test! After you've made an account, I recommend watching
the 2-minute intro video: http://www.infobitt.com/help (which is a little
old, but useful)

And just explore. Two things to do are (a) add a bitt, and (b) rank bitts.

Questions? Comments (please)??

--Larry
Sure, I have a comment: you can bitt out.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

EricBarbour

Re: Infobitt, Sanger's new project

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:56 pm

He did most of the early work on the "encyclopedia-thing" that you are an administrator on.
At least give the guy a bitt of leeway. :P

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Oh dear, he's got the bitt in his teeth.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Hmmmm, so much for Sanger's deference to the Cult of the Expert.

Random people are to "compete" in summarizing news from the web? Hmmmm.

Wikipedia actually does a tolerably good job of this on breaking news stories...

RfB

Versus
Critic

Unread post by Versus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:36 am

That is a backflip. Maybe Sanger realised that organising and managing experts was harder than he anticipated. I can't see Infobitt taking off when there are so many news services on the web available. :popcorn:

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:19 am

Versus wrote:That is a backflip. Maybe Sanger realised that organising and managing experts was harder than he anticipated. I can't see Infobitt taking off when there are so many news services on the web available. :popcorn:
If it's updated constantly, has an RSS feed for top stories, and manages to avoid a political slant, there are lots of places that need that for a screen crawl. Some companies and NGOs might even be induced to support its creation. I know some corporate and governmental types who have wanted this (Google News isn't bad, but it has other issues).

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:58 am

Zoloft wrote:
Versus wrote:That is a backflip. Maybe Sanger realised that organising and managing experts was harder than he anticipated. I can't see Infobitt taking off when there are so many news services on the web available. :popcorn:
If it's updated constantly, has an RSS feed for top stories, and manages to avoid a political slant, there are lots of places that need that for a screen crawl. Some companies and NGOs might even be induced to support its creation. I know some corporate and governmental types who have wanted this (Google News isn't bad, but it has other issues).
Manages to avoid a political slant?!?!

So you mean he's going to have professional moderators overseeing every random edit?

At least Jimmy Wales has a working scheme for how to monetize the Wiki brand in his behalf, ya gotta give him that. This one has a nifty logo and the smell of desperation...

RfB

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:03 am

Have any projects he started succeeded? He likes to start these projects and run away.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm

The Joy wrote:Have any projects he started succeeded? He likes to start these projects and run away.
I wouldn't say that WatchKnowLearn.org has "failed" in any way. Alexa rank holding steady.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:57 pm

The Joy wrote:Have any projects he started succeeded? He likes to start these projects and run away.
Isn't he supposed to have started Wikipedia? However well or badly we think it runs, its Alexa rating is good.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Outsider wrote:
Isn't he supposed to have started Wikipedia? However well or badly we think it runs, its Alexa rating is good.
He didn't exactly run away from that one either.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Outsider wrote:
He didn't exactly run away from that one either.
I was commenting on the first point, not the second. It's interesting if Wikipedia's the only thing he's started that really went well. Why was that?

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Outsider wrote:It's interesting if Wikipedia's the only thing he's started that really went well. Why was that?
I'm sorry, are individual humans expected to create more than one Top 10 global website in their lifetimes?
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 pm

thekohser wrote:
Outsider wrote:It's interesting if Wikipedia's the only thing he's started that really went well. Why was that?
I'm sorry, are individual humans expected to create more than one Top 10 global website in their lifetimes?
no kidding. Outsider, what have you created in the last few years? that doesn't involve a cheese sandwich. Oh, wait, you didn't create that either.
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 pm

thekohser wrote:
Revisionist Sole Creator hero-worship...

Sanger was in the right place at the right time. He had a couple good ideas that were implemented but got pushed off the ship before it even left the harbor.

RfB

Here's the first 6 weeks of an approximately 1 year tenure:

link

And the graphs. Remember, he was gone circa the first of 2002:

link

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:42 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:no kidding. Outsider, what have you created in the last few years?
Quite a lot, actually, and I'm doing very very nicely on them, thank you.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Outsider wrote:
TungstenCarbide wrote:no kidding. Outsider, what have you created in the last few years?
Humanity thanks you for your contributions to Wipipedia.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 am

tarantino wrote:
Outsider wrote:
:D

lsanger
Critic
Wikipedia User: Larry Sanger

Unread post by lsanger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 am

All, :evilgrin:

I don't know how Scott Martin got on our Waitlist, but there was his email address, listed in June. I didn't add it, honest. My guess? He forgot that he added it himself. I don't send random people invites, trust me. We've got enough to deal with as it is.

I never bought into a "cult of the expert." My interest has always been to crowdsource high-quality, reliable information. I wasn't seeing it come out of Wikipedia, and thought perhaps a slight rebooting, with Citizendium, might gain traction. It was always an experiment, and I'm glad it's still kicking, FWIW.

Infobitt--which I can't discuss in any detail here--is an attempt to tackle the same problem in a completely different way, and to crowdsource something nobody has ever had any luck crowdsourcing before: front page news.

As people who know me well know--which means, maybe, one of you--my heart really is with crowdsourcing, and while I still think experts are crucial to reviewing information (and Wikipedia ought to adopt an expert review process, as I first said 12 years ago), I don't have anything remotely resembling an expert fetish. I regularly flout expert opinion in my own field of training (philosophy), in writing about early childhood education, and otherwise. I merely hold the ordinary unremarkable opinion that experts, when opining about their fields of expertise, are generally better sources than the rest of us, and I think this is something that online content designers ought to bear in mind.

Will Infobitt have expert managers? No.

Will Infobitt have a bias? That depends on the participants, and it will also depend on our success in implementing a certain feature that I won't describe. Generally, the system will naturally exert a moderating influence on extreme opinions. I'd love to tell you all about why we should crowdsource news, and what the crowd can do, but my PR person would kill me.

I've started a variety of sites because I love starting things. I seem to start losing interest as the maintenance phase kicks in. Infobitt will probably be different, for reasons I won't explain right now.

I'll say it once again for the peanut gallery, who can actually look these things up on my website: Wikipedia was my idea. I formulated the original proposition, and was given a very free rein to manage the project, as Jimmy Wales was very much a "hands off" manager; after all, starting a free encyclopedia was the job the Bomis partnership hired me to perform. I named the project and led it for its first 14 months. It wouldn't exist if I had not started it. If I didn't insist that it was going to be an encyclopedia, against a bunch of people who wanted to be free to make it whatever it wanted to be, no encyclopedia would have emerged. In the process of correcting various people in their various ways of not making an encyclopedia, I more or less defined--with the help of many others, of course--how to use a wiki, driven by a wonderfully wide-open community, to make an encyclopedia. Nobody knew how to do it before I showed them how, day in and day out. I took a lot of flak for doing it, too. A lot of people got very mad at me when I told them, for example, that dictionary definitions are not encyclopedia articles, or that they can't include their half-baked theories in an encyclopedia article, or whatever. Unless there were someone in charge of the project actually making it clear that the community wouldn't tolerate certain kinds of bullshit, the site would have quickly been filled with bullshit, as most wikis up to that point were. Before Wikipedia, nobody knew how to use wikis to build an information repository of the sort associated with Wikipedia (and Wikia, and many corporate and expert wikis). You know, at the same time Wikipedia started, Bomis started a Bomis wiki. I didn't participate. It went totally to hell. It was a waste of time. Why? Because nobody at Bomis was insisting on any sort of mission, rules, or standards for the Bomis wiki. Anyway, the point is that on Wikipedia, I showed people the basics, and actually it took less than 14 months to show them the basics. Unfortunately, it would have taken longer than 14 months to show them how it should really be done, but let's not go there.

As to WatchKnowLearn, last time I looked, it was doing great. It's a niche site, for teachers, who love it. And even more of a niche site, ReadingBear.org, hasn't been out long enough to get a lot of traffic. Reading Bear is the #1 Google result for "free phonics"; WKL is #5 for "educational videos". Another site I helped start, Encyclopedia of Earth (I wrote planning documents, original policy including neutrality statements, closely advised the editor-in-chief in the early stages in 2005-6), is #1 for "earth science encyclopedia." I'm actually quite proud of all of these. They're educational and non-profit and (like Citizendium) not well-funded (actually, EoE might be); but they were time well-spent.

Infobitt is, suffice it to say, a different kettle of fish from all of these. Don't worry, when it's launched, I'll enjoy talking your ear off about it. I'm quite excited about it.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:12 am

Everyone has 'brilliant' ideas, but few can get the show on the road, over and over again. Can't wait to see infobits.

Alison
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Alison
Wikipedia Review Member: Alison
Actual Name: Alison Cassidy

Unread post by Alison » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:30 am

tarantino wrote:
Outsider wrote:
And Latexwiki, since we're on the subject :evilgrin: Vindictive much?
-- Allie

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 am

lsanger wrote:Before Wikipedia, nobody knew how to use wikis to build an information repository of the sort associated with Wikipedia...
MeatballWiki was started in 2000 by Sunir Shah. Not saying it was exactly "of the sort associated with Wikipedia", but it did include an attempt to build "community knowledge".

Versus
Critic

Unread post by Versus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 am

lsanger wrote:Infobitt--which I can't discuss in any detail here--is an attempt to tackle the same problem in a completely different way, and to crowdsource something nobody has ever had any luck crowdsourcing before: front page news.
I can't see any reason why people would want to read a crowd-sourced news service. I want my news to be factual, verifiable, accurate and unbiased. Newspapers today are struggling with perceptions of bias as is. Do we need an anonymous curator adding his own spin, on top of it? Can't see Infobitt taking off - there is no real need for it.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:07 am

Versus wrote:
lsanger wrote:Infobitt--which I can't discuss in any detail here--is an attempt to tackle the same problem in a completely different way, and to crowdsource something nobody has ever had any luck crowdsourcing before: front page news.
I can't see any reason why people would want to read a crowd-sourced news service. I want my news to be factual, verifiable, accurate and unbiased. Newspapers today are struggling with perceptions of bias as is. Do we need an anonymous curator adding his own spin, on top of it? Can't see Infobitt taking off - there is no real need for it.
That's a daft idea Larry. Of course, lots of daft ideas have made money. God speed! (But, lord, this is really daft).

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

Larry, I apologize about "running away" I made earlier in the thread. I went back to your earlier posts and realized you clarified your role in Digital Universe as more of an idea guy, not a founder. Also, I did not fully research all your other projects, so I was not in a position to criticize. My criticism was not fair.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 am

So it's sort of a superior version of Wikinews, removing the trivia? :blink:

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Infobitt doesn't generate new or original news content. It's simply a mechanism for participants to "rank" various trending news stories, so that the "most important" or "most significant" rise to the top. Infobitt replaces the role of a newspaper's professional senior editor (who determines what gets ink, and what goes in the wastebin) with the crowd.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:19 pm

lsanger wrote:I don't know how Scott Martin got on our Waitlist, but there was his email address, listed in June. I didn't add it, honest. My guess? He forgot that he added it himself. I don't send random people invites, trust me. We've got enough to deal with as it is.
Larry,

I can only imagine that at the time your project had a signup form but no information as to what form it would take; as the description of it I received by email was not of a project that I would have any interest in. Hence my confusion when I was presented with the message that I quoted. I evidently did forget that I put myself on your list. I apologize for the accusation of spam.

- Scott
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:09 pm

thekohser wrote:Infobitt doesn't generate new or original news content. It's simply a mechanism for participants to "rank" various trending news stories, so that the "most important" or "most significant" rise to the top. Infobitt replaces the role of a newspaper's professional senior editor (who determines what gets ink, and what goes in the wastebin) with the crowd.
IOW, Infobitt:Reddit as Prius:F150, at least in theory?
This is not a signature.

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: I AM your guilty pleasure
Actual Name: Written addiction

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:54 am

SB_Johnny wrote:
thekohser wrote:Infobitt doesn't generate new or original news content. It's simply a mechanism for participants to "rank" various trending news stories, so that the "most important" or "most significant" rise to the top. Infobitt replaces the role of a newspaper's professional senior editor (who determines what gets ink, and what goes in the wastebin) with the crowd.
And it started with a little kiss, like this...
"Snowflakes around the world are laughing at your low melting temperature."

lsanger
Critic
Wikipedia User: Larry Sanger

Unread post by lsanger » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:22 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
Nah, I wouldn't say so. Reddit isn't even trying to be a front page news site. It merely aggregates links to cool stuff online that people happen to notice. We aggregate important, front page news, and not only that, we also rank it, summarize it (from broad to increasingly fine-grained levels of detail), and (soon) will rank various sources for stories and videos. We're going to do, finally, what the crowd could possibly do better than both paid professionals and algorithms. It's not quite like anything else out there. It's a new way of crowdsourcing a new kind of content. It will look like brief news stories superficially, on first glance, but bitts give us an easy and quick way to "grok" the news. You'll see...in a few months...or if you request an invite...just behave yourselves... :D

It's how a lot of people are going to get their news in the next decade. No small part of the drama and interest of it will be due to the fact that you'll be able to participate in the wrangling of news. Unlike most citizen journalism projects of the past, it will be news we all actually care about.

And, not to go into details, but we've got some nice initial traction, too. We're staying below the radar because the software needs at least one more major features enabling it to absorb an order of magnitude or two more activity.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm

lsanger wrote:...it will be news we all actually care about.
If it's truly crowdsourced, then we're going to be seeing headlines about Miley Cyrus' tongue and Christina Aguilera's weight-loss secrets on the front page.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Alison wrote:
tarantino wrote:
Outsider wrote:
And Latexwiki, since we're on the subject :evilgrin: Vindictive much?
When the internet was just beginning, I wanted a LaTeX (T-H-L)system for my pc. Looking for an executable file, I made the mistake of searching for "LaTeX, binaries". :jawdrop:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
You run into assholes all day; you're the asshole.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:16 am

Shame on Larry for not letting us know about this interview with Jason Calacanis:

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 am

thekohser wrote:Shame on Larry for not letting us know about this interview with Jason Calacanis:

"Today...The Founder.... Yes, THE FOUNDER — the REAL TRUE FOUNDER of Wikipedia..."

Ummmmmmm. No.

RfB

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:35 am

Randy from Boise wrote:"Today...The Founder.... Yes, THE FOUNDER — the REAL TRUE FOUNDER of Wikipedia..."

Ummmmmmm. No.
Closer to the truth than Jimbo's "sole founder" nonsense.

The best part of the video was between 11:14 and 12:14. Delicious.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 pm

thekohser wrote:Closer to the truth than Jimbo's "sole founder" nonsense.

Sometimes you need an asshole, to counterpoint another asshole.....if the media world were not full of cowards and idiots, they'd have a field day creating a Crossfire-style reality tv show about Wikipedia. It's an endless source of dirt like this, and all they need is a Chris Matthews type to scream at hapless Wikipedians in front of a camera. If Wikipedia weren't such a dull and floppy monstrosity generally, its mockery would make for decent "entertainment".

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 pm

EricBarbour wrote:

Sometimes you need an asshole, to counterpoint another asshole.....if the media world were not full of cowards and idiots, they'd have a field day creating a Crossfire-style reality tv show about Wikipedia. It's an endless source of dirt like this, and all they need is a Chris Matthews type to scream at hapless Wikipedians in front of a camera. If Wikipedia weren't such a dull and floppy monstrosity generally, its mockery would make for decent "entertainment".
I would watch the hell out of that show.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 pm

EricBarbour wrote:

I'd enjoy a "reality" TV show like To_Catch_a_Predator (T-H-L) or Catfish:_The_TV_Show (T-H-L), in which anonymous Wikipedia trash are outed by a film crew that shows up unannounced at their homes, and exposes the squalor of their lives.
former Living Person

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Mancunium wrote:Catfish:_The_TV_Show (T-H-L)
Damn, I learn something new from this site every day. :blink:

Sanger has so much more grace, style and intellect than Wales it's not even funny. I hope he finds the success he deserves with infobits.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Mancunium wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:

I'd enjoy a "reality" TV show like To_Catch_a_Predator (T-H-L) or Catfish:_The_TV_Show (T-H-L), in which anonymous Wikipedia trash are outed by a film crew that shows up unannounced at their homes, and exposes the squalor of their lives.
Like a wikipedia-centric version of Cheaters (T-H-L).

Only with more slap fights and tears than the original.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 am

Vigilant wrote:
Mancunium wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:

The BBC already did a pilot episode a couple years back.
This is not a signature.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:00 pm

SB_Johnny wrote: The BBC already did a pilot episode a couple years back.
Which reminds me, I need to get my hands on all of Bigipedia.

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Mancunium wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:

Or Hoarders (T-H-L), with more loneliness and Cheeto dust.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Anyone know when this is going to launch?

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:Anyone know when this is going to launch?
When will Larry Sanger's Infobitt be launched?

On Sat Jan 18 2014, Larry said,
The short answer is "When it's ready"! Should be reasonably soon!

It's not ready yet, but it's a lot farther along than it was last fall. I'm finally breaking down and hiring another Python/Django coder (in case anyone is interested, or has leads, contact me)—I've been an extreme tightwad, but now the complexity of the site definitely requires at least two developers.

My sites usually have gotten significant PR and, this being my first funded, for-profit start-up, I want to make the PR count. I want to make sure the reviews, and word-of-mouth, have a good chance of being excellent when we're actually ready to launch.

Greatly looking forward to it.

sparkzilla
Retired
Wikipedia User: sparkzilla
Wikipedia Review Member: sparkzilla
Actual Name: Mark Devlin

Unread post by sparkzilla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:15 am

I wonder how it will differentiate from Inside.com, Calacanis' crowdsourced news site, which according to Alexa is off to a rocky start.
Founder: Newslines