Multilingual pedophile activist

tarantino
Habitué
kołdry

Multilingual pedophile activist

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:43 am

On February 2nd the enwiki arbcom banned PeioR (T-C-L) after prompting from behind the scenes, for reasons that are obvious considering his contributions. That makes them the sixth wikimedia foundation project that has banned that particular account for its particular obsession. The person behind it remains active as of today promoting pedophilia, as PeioR and Pangea, and who knows what other accounts, because the wikimedia foundation has apparently declined to act.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Re: Multilingual pedophile activist

Unread post by DanMurphy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:25 am

Bielle
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Bielle
Wikipedia Review Member: Bielle

Unread post by Bielle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:32 am

That "etc" really bothers me. As if the list you have isn't bad enough, there is more?

Alison
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Alison
Wikipedia Review Member: Alison
Actual Name: Alison Cassidy

Unread post by Alison » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 am

There's a blog post in here somewheres. Goodness knows, there's been enough pro-pedo editors over the years.

(as Eric Barbour put it, "Safe for children? Wikipedia isn't even safe for adults")
-- Allie

Triptych
Retired
Wikipedia User: it's alliterative

Unread post by Triptych » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:54 pm

I looked briefly at the contribution history of Peior and didn't detect anything incriminating him or her as a pedophile, though clearly he or she is focused on the subject. The fact that a person is focused on the subject of pedophilia does not mean he or she is a pedophile.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Triptych wrote:I looked briefly at the contribution history of Peior and didn't detect anything incriminating him or her as a pedophile, though clearly he or she is focused on the subject. The fact that a person is focused on the subject of pedophilia does not mean he or she is a pedophile.
He is an activist who is using wikipedia projects in an attempt to normalize pedophilia. Did you look at his contributions in Catalan, Portuguese, Interlingua, French, Spanish, Galacian or Esperanto? Did you examine what he's doing on Wikidata?

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Triptych wrote:I looked briefly at the contribution history of Peior and didn't detect anything incriminating him or her as a pedophile, though clearly he or she is focused on the subject. The fact that a person is focused on the subject of pedophilia does not mean he or she is a pedophile.
I do not know if the individual is a pedophile or not, but it seems fairly clear that Peior is engaged in pro-pedophilia activism. The "pedophile press" article in its original state, for instance, was rather blatantly pro-pedophilia. "Boylove" was used in the editorial voice repeatedly while anti-child abuse was put in quotations. Although that particular POV issue was remedied by other editors, the article is still clearly written by someone who has a rather fond view of pedophilia and pedophilia activists.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Is there a proposal on Meta for a global ban? Or is that person not nearly so bad as say DanielTom?
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Poetlister wrote:Is there a proposal on Meta for a global ban? Or is that person not nearly so bad as say DanielTom?
Global bans are only used against those with many (or a few powerful) enemies. PeioR is a relatively obscure figure, especially on enwiki where he or she only contributed 148 revisions.

What's scary is that PeioR isn't yet banned from iawiki (7,516 revisions) or ptwiki (2,042 revisions). I would like to start a global ban discussion, but I would be blocked if I called someone a pedophile on-wiki.
Last edited by Michaeldsuarez on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Peter Damian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Peter Damian
Wikipedia Review Member: Peter Damian

Unread post by Peter Damian » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Is there a proposal on Meta for a global ban? Or is that person not nearly so bad as say DanielTom?
I may be mistaken but I don’t see much of a problem with Mr Tom. Here he is politely but very firmly suggesting that “User:Deskana is not just very abusive, but also dishonest (by deliberately misrepresenting emails)”. Note that in the replies no one is challenging him on grounds of the evidence, but are accusing him of ‘harassment’.

That’s only one diff, of course, I’m sure it gets worse.
Again, not seeing a problem there.
οὐκ ἀγαθὸν πολυκοιρανίη: εἷς κοίρανος ἔστω

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 pm

@ArbCom: Did you contact WP:OFFICE in order to have PeioR dealt with on the non-English Wikipedia's yet?

Alison
Habitué

Unread post by Alison » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
@ArbCom: Did you contact WP:OFFICE in order to have PeioR dealt with on the non-English Wikipedia's yet?
I have. Repeatedly now. :angry:
-- Allie

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Alison wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
I have. Repeatedly now. :angry:
Whoa, whoa, whoa little missy... jes' hold up a gosh durn minute...

Mr Phillipe is in a bad way and needs hisself some more time fer mournin' 'bout PC2 and Kww.

Dem pedophiles can jes wait.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Good gravy. Poetlister gets +1 interweb.
This is not a signature.

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:05 am

What I cannot understand is why the user is blocked, but his "contributions" are left to be.
The same with this Jim Burton (T-C-L) He's blocked for "Pattern of Pedophile advocacy" but the Pedophile advocacy itself Paedophile Information Exchange (T-H-L) is still on Wikipedia.
Also why that SqueakBox (T-C-L) who was even featured in this story is still happily editing Wikipedia.
Last edited by neved on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 am

SB_Johnny wrote:
Poetlister wrote:
Good gravy. Poetlister gets +1 interweb.
See Requests for comment/Global ban for Poetlister started by foundation board member Samuel Klein.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:49 am

neved wrote:Also why that SqueakBox (T-C-L) who was even featured in this story is still happily editing Wikipedia.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22squeakbox%22+site%3Aboychat.org

D8

ArbCom really needs to do something.

Edit: Whoops, it's an impersonator. Sorry. SqueakBox should contact foxnews.com about this.
Last edited by Michaeldsuarez on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alison
Habitué

Unread post by Alison » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 am

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
neved wrote:Also why that SqueakBox (T-C-L) who was even featured in this story is still happily editing Wikipedia.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22squeakbox%22+site%3Aboychat.org&oq=%22squeakbox%22+site%3Aboychat.org

D8
SqueakBox was definitely not a pro-pedo editor on WP, and was one of those people who went to war with Ssbohio (T-C-L). Ssbohio would eventually get banned by ArbCom. There's a ton of information on SqueakBox's pedo-wars on WR, but it's inaccessible right now. I also vaguely remember hearing that the SqueakBox account on boychat.org was a joe-job by one of his "fans" over there.

Edit: Wikisposure archived link --> http://archive.is/VeDLu
Evil-unveiled link --> http://evil-unveiled.com/Wikipedia_Campaign
SqueakBox is a self-described white Rastafarian, whose previous mentions on WP:AN/I involved his crusade against pedophiles/child molesters -- not the profile of someone I'd expect to decide one day to use his Wikipedia account to make money writing crappy articles - llywrch
Here's an entire article on SqueakBox, where he's accused of being an "AntiPed" amongst other things. They really don't like him at all ....
-- Allie

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:06 am

The boychat user is a impersonator. SqueakBox (T-C-L) made many enemies among the pro-pedophile activists.

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:23 am

neved wrote:What I cannot understand is why the user is blocked, but his "contributions" are left to be.
The same with this Jim Burton (T-C-L) He's blocked for "Pattern of Pedophile advocacy" but the Pedophile advocacy itself Paedophile Information Exchange (T-H-L) is still on Wikipedia.
Also why that SqueakBox (T-C-L) who was even featured in this story is still happily editing Wikipedia.
The "SqueakBox" on "BoyChat" was an obvious joe job seeing as the "hysterical antiped" who nominated the Marthijn Uittenbogaard (T-C-L) bio for deletion was SqueakBox. Either someone was mad that Squeak had nominated the page for deletion or was just trying to fuck with Squeak.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm

tarantino wrote:
He is an activist who is using wikipedia projects in an attempt to normalize pedophilia. Did you look at his contributions in Catalan, Portuguese, Interlingua, French, Spanish, Galacian or Esperanto? Did you examine what he's doing on Wikidata?
No to all, Tarantino. You have clearly taken the time to examine his edits more thoroughly than I. Please everybody don't read me as necessarily defending this person, I am only trying to say slow down and approach things analytically before labeling someone a pedophile because of the emotional revulsion we properly and justly feel about pedophilia. To be even clearer about it I say that pedophilia is wrong and horrible because children are not sexual beings and the pervert who preys on a child for gratification of his or her own selfish and sick sexual desires damages it for life.

Now, you say Peior wants to "normalize pedophilia." It was a bit of an eye-opener to see those articles Dan Murphy pointed out above. Jeez, Wikipedia is covering all that? Some of them seem to be disappearing, which is another indication that the criticism provided by this website has an effect. TDA responds to me that Peior's editing on pedophilia has a sympathetic or favorable "tone," so I tried to check that out:
portion of Peior's original draft of Wikipedia pedophile press article wrote:In 1987 was launched in Netherland Paidika: The Journal of Pedophilia, a scholarly journal which took a positive scholarly approach towards the study of pedophilia.[12] From the beginning, Paidika differentiated from other boylove-related publications. It had a professional layout and an impressive editorial board which reviewed the submissions to the journal. During its nine years of publication, Paidika managed to remain faithful to Bullough's (1990, 320) observation and publish a great number of well researched scholarly articles. D.H. Mader's study of pederasty in the Bible[13] and Robert Bauserman's cross-cultural study of boylove [14] are two much quoted pieces. Moreover, what we know about boylovers like Karol Szymanowski[15] and Jacques d'Adelsward-Fersen[16] are through articles published in Paidika. Nevertheless, despite its scholarly merit, the journal was often attacked and discredited as a "pedophile magazine".[17] The fact that it had an activist aspect allowed many people to downplay the importance of research published in the journal. Bullough and others were attacked for being in its editorial board, while Laura Schlessinger and other "anti-child abuse" lobbyers tried to discredit academics that have published or given interviews in Paidika (like Bruce Rind, Robert Bauserman and Ralph Underwager.[18][19][20]

So what do we have here? That's just a piece of it, on the whole the article is a comprehensive and historical list of pedophilia-related publications, a list that could be viewed as either informational or alternately as an online resource for pedophiles chasing their desires. But the paragraph, as TDA sees it, has a pro-pedophilia tone. Does it? It uses "boylove" as standard vocabulary, and arguably places scare quotes or "sarcastiquotes" around the uncontroversial terms "pedophile magazine" and "anti-child abuse." That's not enough for me to say it has a pro-pedophilia tone. "Boylove" could signify a negative view of it by Peior, couldn't it? As in "you disgusting boylover." The terms Peior put in quotes probably are quoting the references (they go to actual books, not instantly checkable online sources).

In his next paragraph though he does say "Koinos magazine is published every four months and can be purchased through international order and a limited number of distributors in the Netherlands and Germany." At first read, yeah that is promotional, but then I thought no, he is only telling us that this magazine is an ongoing commercial enterprise. Here's the link to the article if you want to go look at it: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =494161964.

So, what is the verdict on Peior? I just don't know, it'd take too much time to slog through all the rest of that. If there's a "smoking gun" diff, you people haven't pointed to it that I noticed. Having reviewed only the "Pedophile press" article, it seems to me to be worthy of a Wikipedia article for the information it provides about an important subject.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:09 pm

neved wrote: Also why that SqueakBox (T-C-L) who was even featured in this story is still happily editing Wikipedia.
Enough people already refuted the idea that Squeakbox is a "boychat" participant like Fox News reported but I'll also chime in that I have a positive impression of him or her and Fox News is full of baloney.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:13 pm

The portion quoted reads to me as supportive of the magazine against the implied short-sightedness of its critics. The use of the term "boylove" rather than the tradition term "pederasty" (meaning boy lust) also indicates that this is an apologia.