HRIP7
Denizen
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Re: Down with Ironholds?

Unread post by HRIP7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Vigilant wrote:The only inference possible is that admins are a higher class of people than editors and are thus immune to sanctions such as indefinite blocks or banning. It is only after they are stripped of their permissions that they are eligible for these punishments.
There is probably something to this "extra life" admins have, though I do recall at least one or two cases where an admin was simultaneously desysopped and site-banned.

Wer900
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Wer900

Unread post by Wer900 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:02 am

HRIP7 wrote:
Vigilant wrote:The only inference possible is that admins are a higher class of people than editors and are thus immune to sanctions such as indefinite blocks or banning. It is only after they are stripped of their permissions that they are eligible for these punishments.
There is probably something to this "extra life" admins have, though I do recall at least one or two cases where an admin was simultaneously desysopped and site-banned.
Edward Snowden, despite being a former government contractor, may face life in prison for his offense. Why should admins, who are supposed to be civil servants like Snowden, treated any differently? (Disclaimer: I am not commenting on the merits or lack thereof of Snowden's actions.)
Obvious civility robots are obvious

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 am

I think we're missing something important about all this.

This discussion has moved us off the topic of the Visual Editor.

Oliver Keyes has successfully performed his role, which is that of Rodeo Clown (T-H-L).

Best explanation for what just happened:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:16 am

Zoloft wrote:I think we're missing something important about all this.

Oliver Keyes has successfully performed his role, which is that of Rodeo Clown (T-H-L).

I think you've just provided a legal defense that NYBrad might buy...

RfB

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 am

Vigilant wrote: Kiefer's response was completely predictable when being provoked with a death threat.
Oh, for fuck's sakes... A (mildly witty) joke off-wiki is followed with a (lame) threat of physical violence on-wiki. You know how this fight is scored.

My guess is "indef, three months minimum before appeal" for KW.

I agree that Mr. Keyes will be on the job market soon.

RfB

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:26 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
Zoloft wrote:I think we're missing something important about all this.

I think you've just provided a legal defense that NYBrad might buy...

RfB
Here's the same metaphor only used to explain what the EditorEnema is doing to the people of wikitown. Oliver Keyes is about as useful as a dustmask in these situations.

P.S. I always root for the bull.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:47 am

Jimbo Wales is added as a party http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563275194
Request for Arbitration

Dear Jimbo:

I added you as a party to a current request for arbitration, which discusses the relation between

WMF and Wikipedia (and its ArbCom) and
Wikipedia's IRC channels.

You earlier authorized ArbCom to clean up IRC (2007).

Concerns include the use of IRC for

canvassing administrators,
sexual banter with children,
chatting about lighting myself on fire with oil and a lighter (by a WMF employee), etc.

Another concern is the failure of WMF and Wikipedia to match the child-protection standards of the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, for example, by requiring two adults witness every child-adult interaction. The Scouts would not tolerate Wikipedia's editor

telling a boy how to work around his parents' removal of his contact list from his email, and following up with emails and IM messages for months, including one following the boy's having "learned his lesson".
telling a boy that the editor will be visiting his town the next week.

IRC is a liability to children and Wikipedia and certainly to the WMF.

Sincerely, Kiefer.Wolfowitz 22:43, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
looks like Demiurge1000 (T-C-L) also should be added to this request.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:51 am

Vigilant wrote: Here's the same metaphor only used to explain what the EditorEnema is doing to the people of wikitown. P.S. I always root for the bull.
Pay for your sins, Spaniards...

Now that's reality television that I would watch every night...

RfB

"Welcome to WHO WANTS TO GETS THROWN, GORED, AND STOMPED BY A 2,500 POUND BULL?...."

You know that they'd have so many people eager to get on TV that they'd have to turn them away...

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:13 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
Vigilant wrote: Here's the same metaphor only used to explain what the EditorEnema is doing to the people of wikitown. P.S. I always root for the bull.
Pay for your sins, Spaniards...

Now that's reality television that I would watch every night...

RfB

"Welcome to WHO WANTS TO GETS THROWN, GORED, AND STOMPED BY A 2,500 POUND BULL?...."

You know that they'd have so many people eager to get on TV that they'd have to turn them away...
Gibraltar would be an excellent venue.
Perhaps a wikipediot could get involved.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:38 am

NewYorkBrad confirming that the admin and editor classes are comparable to first class and coach.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563310653

I'm not going to quote the whole thing, but it's pretty clear that Oliver Keyes is getting off scot free after a lifetime of being a shitheel while Kiefer will be given rather close scrutiny going forward in an attempt to throw his ass off the island.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:46 am

This is also pretty weird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563292717

Are clerks allowed/encouraged to put forth a statement in an ARBCOM case request while clerking?
How is it possible to avoid an apparent conflict of interest.
If there's not a rule against it, there should be.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:02 am

Vigilant wrote:NewYorkBrad confirming that the admin and editor classes are comparable to first class and coach.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563310653
Paraphrasing NYB; meh, whatever, we're not going to worry about standards, letum sink.
Vigilant wrote:This is also pretty weird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563292717
Heaven forbid they be held to even the most basic standards.
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

dogbiscuit
Retired
Wikipedia User: tiucsibgod

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 am

neved wrote:Jimbo Wales is added as a party http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563275194
Request for Arbitration

Dear Jimbo:

I added you as a party to a current request for arbitration, which discusses the relation between

WMF and Wikipedia (and its ArbCom) and
Wikipedia's IRC channels.

You earlier authorized ArbCom to clean up IRC (2007).

Concerns include the use of IRC for

canvassing administrators,
sexual banter with children,
chatting about lighting myself on fire with oil and a lighter (by a WMF employee), etc.

Another concern is the failure of WMF and Wikipedia to match the child-protection standards of the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, for example, by requiring two adults witness every child-adult interaction. The Scouts would not tolerate Wikipedia's editor

telling a boy how to work around his parents' removal of his contact list from his email, and following up with emails and IM messages for months, including one following the boy's having "learned his lesson".
telling a boy that the editor will be visiting his town the next week.

IRC is a liability to children and Wikipedia and certainly to the WMF.

Sincerely, Kiefer.Wolfowitz 22:43, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
looks like Demiurge1000 (T-C-L) also should be added to this request.
Perhaps Fae should also be a party to the case. If you consider how long and hard he has fought to keep the boxcutter remark in play as a justification for action against Wikipediocracy, I would have thought he would be an equally fine advocate against Ironholds and his highly equivalent remark. (And the inequivalent response - WO pretty much unanimously understood its inappropriateness, even understanding the flippant nature of the comment and dealt with it, whereas Wikipedians bend over backwards to excuse such behaviour and try deem it acceptable).
Time for a new signature.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:10 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
Vigilant wrote: Kiefer's response was completely predictable when being provoked with a death threat.
Oh, for fuck's sakes... A (mildly witty) joke off-wiki is followed with a (lame) threat of physical violence on-wiki. You know how this fight is scored.

My guess is "indef, three months minimum before appeal" for KW.

I agree that Mr. Keyes will be on the job market soon.

RfB
I wrote "Ironholds is welcome to pick up his teeth with broken fingers whenever he visits Sweden". You seem to have missed the "is welcome to" and "whenever he visits Sweden". The empty referent of "whenever he visits Sweden" made the whole statement vacuous. The "is welcome to" is harder to describe, and I have difficulty identifying any meaning to the statement at all.

It was just a reference to the chivalry of The Crying Game (T-H-L)?

Keyes looked like a baby faced, weak midget (standing next to Fluffer in the video), and I have trouble imagining any grown man, no matter how angry in theory, wanting to punch him in practice.

(I have no fear that he would become "retard strong".)
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
You run into assholes all day; you're the asshole.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 am

Why can't we get them all fired? Seriously? If you can't get Mr. Keyes tossed, the whole thing is rotten.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 am

Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote: I wrote "Ironholds is welcome to pick up his teeth with broken fingers whenever he visits Sweden". You seem to have missed the "is welcome to" and "whenever he visits Sweden". The empty referent of "whenever he visits Sweden" made the whole statement vacuous. The "is welcome to" is harder to describe, and I have difficulty identifying any meaning to the statement at all.
You know, Kiefer, there've been several times when I strongly disagreed with your comments or the style in which you've written them. However, I absolutely agree with you in this instance. The overreaction to the comments of both parties in this has been absurd in the extreme.

I am usually loth to indulge in diagnosis-by-internet, but could this be a symptom of a system operated by people on the autistic spectrum that take everything at face value, and who have no natural understanding of the way people talk and interact with each other?
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey Brad,

I just wanted to go on record and tell you that's the most cowardly action I've ever seen by ARBCOM.

When was the last time you did the right thing?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Someone doesn't know how to apologize
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =563352311
@Salvio: I'm sorry my apology above wasn't clear enough, so let me be clear; I accept, wholeheartedly, that the joke was an inappropriate one for any user to make. [[User:Ironholds|Ironholds]] 10:21, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
When you're wearing your big boy pants, you say the apology to the person you wronged while actually being sorry for what you said.

This sort of non-apology should be called out on the page.

Is there anything you don't suck at, Oliver Keyes?

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Vigilant wrote:Hey Brad,

I just wanted to go on record and tell you that's the most cowardly action I've ever seen by ARBCOM.

My talk page has serious comments about child protection by Salvio guiliano (T-C-L)
I'm unfamiliar with US law in this field, so this is not a particularly educated response, but anyway here goes. ArbCom has no *direct* control over IRC; as far as I'm concerned, I think we may sanction people on-wiki owing to their conduct on IRC, but, even assuming ArbCom as a body agrees with me, we still lack the ability to ban people from the channel or to close the channel (assuming for the sake of the argument that we would ever decide to close it). So I don't think we could be held accountable for what goes on in there.

Then again, I feel I'm the wrong person to discuss the issue, because I have already made abundantly clear to my fellow arbs that I will never get involved in child protection issues because of liability concerns and general qualms (we are a bunch of dedicated people who try to do what's best for the encyclopaedia, but we lack both proper training and resources to deal with such investigations). My only involvement in the topic area has been to push for the foundation to take over. Salvio Let's talk about it! 11:49 am, Today (UTC+2)
and half-asleep comments by David Fuchs (T-C-L), who at least shows interest.

Hatting the discussion of IRC canvassing to block me indefinitely was cowardly, as was Risker's nameless personal attack. It would be funny to have ArbCom discussing off-Wiki comments, since it would open up their leaked comments from the ArbCom mailing list. Would Risker be allowed to arbitrate a case involving mechanical fan (T-H-L)s?
Last edited by Kiefer.Wolfowitz on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Vigilant wrote:Someone doesn't know how to apologize
@Salvio: I'm sorry my apology above wasn't clear enough, so let me be clear; I accept, wholeheartedly, that the joke was an inappropriate one for any user to make. [[User:Ironholds|Ironholds]] 10:21, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
When you're wearing your big boy pants, you say the apology to the person you wronged while actually being sorry for what you said.

This sort of non-apology should be called out on the page.

Is there anything you don't suck at, Oliver Keyes?
I don't want an apology from Keyes. Please let ArbCom and HR deal with him.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote: I wrote "Ironholds is welcome to pick up his teeth with broken fingers whenever he visits Sweden". You seem to have missed the "is welcome to" and "whenever he visits Sweden". The empty referent of "whenever he visits Sweden" made the whole statement vacuous. The "is welcome to" is harder to describe, and I have difficulty identifying any meaning to the statement at all.
This is, of course, the exact same sort of tortured logic you used to justify the kneecapping of Demiurge. NYB ain't buying and he's a lawyer; the other ArbCommers aren't lawyers and are even less apt to be amenable to microscopic deconstruction of every word.

If this goes to a case, plan a nice vacation. If it doesn't, really, seriously — stop already...

RfB

PS: Y'know, you could have posted that same thing here and there would have been no more than sputtering by a few and tsk-tsking by most. Racing on wiki to say it was a very poor choice, it seems to me, in addition to being an over-the-top reaction to what was clearly a joke.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
This is, of course, the exact same sort of tortured logic you used to justify the kneecapping of Demiurge. NYB ain't buying and he's a lawyer; the other ArbCommers aren't lawyers and are even less apt to be amenable to microscopic deconstruction of every word.

If this goes to a case, plan a nice vacation. If it doesn't, really, seriously — stop already...

RfB

PS: Y'know, you could have posted that same thing here and there would have been no more than sputtering by a few and tsk-tsking by most. Racing on wiki to say it was a very poor choice, it seems to me, in addition to being an over-the-top reaction to what was clearly a joke.
Oh, the humanity.

Well Kiefer, that's it. You're screwed.
If only you'd been able to give Tim reviewer or rollbacker rights on wikipedia.
We could have saved you for sure then.

Perhaps it's not to late for a quick handjob behind the dumpster.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB

Oh, the humanity.

Well Kiefer, that's it. You're screwed.
If only you'd been able to give Tim reviewer or rollbacker rights on wikipedia.
We could have saved you for sure then.

Perhaps it's not to late for a quick handjob behind the dumpster.
You forgot to tag on a Raffi video to further emphasize the nuttiness of this post.

tim

Addenda: Fixed.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:22 pm

So, Tim, you're saying you want to *finger quotes* "sing Baby Beluga together?"

Kinky.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Zoloft wrote:So, Tim, you're saying you want to *finger quotes* "sing Baby Beluga together?"

Kinky.
Add in an oily massage and a little light brazing and you've got a weekend of loooOoooOOooove.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Vigilant wrote:Someone doesn't know how to apologize
Wow that's mealy-mouthed.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 am

Mod. note: off-topic material removed.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Brad's main problem is trying to stay on the fence while keeping an ear to the ground and facing both ways at once. It's a very tricky thing to do.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Outsider wrote:

Brad's main problem is trying to stay on the fence while keeping an ear to the ground and facing both ways at once. It's a very tricky thing to do.
Brad's main problem is that he's a weather vane shoved straight up his jack hole.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Brad's main problem is that he's a weather vane shoved straight up his jack hole.
Even so, he has more sense than ArbCom without him. It's important to remember that he, like Salvio, have good and bad sides, and usually the good far outweighs the bad....

I quote my latest statement in the ArbCom Request for Arbitration case.
Last year's ArbCom seemed to diagnose but actually (in retrospect) clearly endorsed the "uneven and ineffective enforcement of civility". The "uneven and ineffective enforcement of civility" is the motto of this ArbCom, alas.
  • @Newyorkbrad:
    Brad accuses me of personal attacks and incivility.
    Rather, more precisely, when I am personally attacked by administrators and [when] Brad and other administrators do nothing to stop the abuse, I have responded in kind, after which Brad has assured us that nothing need be done about the administrator. (I'll provide links of Brad's previous assurances to benchmark the value of his present assurances about Ironholds, less than [one of his c. 248] "fully qualified candidate" [responses at RfA].)

Brad should remain because he has more sense than the committee without him, but he should be prepared to take responsibility for his behavior, in full view of the community, for example in his acquiescence to the sexist insult "get your [women's underwear] twisted".
Boys and girls, can you say "Boomerang"?
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Outsider wrote:

You've nailed it!
Newyorkbrad (T-C-L) is a cowardly, dishonest and corrupt arbitrator just like all other members of the Arbcom, and many admins. When he considers how to vote he always tries to figure out how popular his vote is going to be. It is the only reason that sometimes he does the right thing. In this particular instance I am sure that, if it was not about Ironholds, but about a regular Wikipedian, Newyorkbrad would have voted differently.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 am

4 accept, 4 decline, 2 recuse...

Sooooooo stalemate? Do they start rock-paper-scissoring on the mailing list? Or does it just get removed in 48 hours as unable to pass?

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Anroth wrote:4 accept, 4 decline, 2 recuse...

Sooooooo stalemate? Do they start rock-paper-scissoring on the mailing list? Or does it just get removed in 48 hours as unable to pass?
5 accept.

Please move non-Ironholds items to a new topic, for the RfAr Offsite comments and personal attacks and its forthcoming case.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:

5 accept.

Please move non-Ironholds items to a new topic, for the RfAr Offsite comments and personal attacks and its forthcoming case.
What's the threshold for accepting the case?
I don't see you getting one at this rate.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:

5 accept.

Absolute majority of active non recused admins
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:

5 accept.

I can't imagine that this ends well for anyone there.

Oliver Keyes has a long and checkered past on IRC.
The only defense he can raise is, "But, but, but everyone does it because we thought it was OK"

At which point NYB trots out his legal credentials and quotes a latin phrase he doesn't understand and the rest of ARBCOM, not wanting it to be shown that they have not the slightest clue what was said, fold and go along with what he wants.

You, on the other hand, are not an advanced privilege holder.
You, they can toss freely into the wood chipper for having the temerity to challenge an advanced rights holder ... and a priest of the holy WMF ... and a bringer of light through the holy VisualEditorPraizeBeUntoItsName.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:

5 accept.

The only defense he can raise is, "But, but, but everyone does it because we thought it was OK"

At which point NYB trots out his legal credentials and quotes a latin phrase he doesn't understand and the rest of ARBCOM, not wanting it to be shown that they have not the slightest clue what was said, fold and go along with what he wants.

You, they can toss freely into the wood chipper for having the temerity to challenge an advanced rights holder ... and a priest of the holy WMF ... and a bringer of light through the holy VisualEditorPraizeBeUntoItsName.
NYB does remind me of Mynheer Peeperkorn, (T-H-L) in terms of being treated as the Messiah returned despite (frequently in NYB's case) talking nonsense.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:

5 accept.

While Keyes might not be in any IRC channels as he says, he is available for query:
Freenode wrote:Ironholds is ~Ironholds@wikipedia/Ironholds * Got ZNC?
Ironholds using calvino.freenode.net Milan, IT
Ironholds is logged in as Ironholds
ironholds End of /WHOIS list.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:43 pm

mac wrote: While Keyes might not be in any IRC channels as he says, he is available for query
If he's not in the usual channels, it's probably because Freenode is currently being attacked and network services are down.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Hex wrote:
mac wrote: While Keyes might not be in any IRC channels as he says, he is available for query
If he's not in the usual channels, it's probably because Freenode is currently being attacked and network services are down.
Really? Why?

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Hex wrote: If he's not in the usual channels, it's probably because Freenode is currently being attacked and network services are down.
Really? Why?
The staff haven't specified any reason why... either denying recognition or because they just don't know. Either way, it's apparently been taking a battering for the last four hours or so.

Lukeno94
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Lukeno94

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Maybe the idiots behind STOPhaus have misjudged their aim at attempting a DDOS, or something?

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Maybe the idiots behind STOPhaus have misjudged their aim at attempting a DDOS, or something?
Luke,
I misjudged you, a month ago. Keep up the good work.
Did my chemistry teacher's warning about Pervnerts help you with the ideal gas law (T-H-L)?
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I wrote this at the case:
Several Arbs want to make this an open-ended investigation. Now thus is the time to deal with administrative abuses involving WP:NPA violations by arbitrators, administrators, and their familiars, particularly
  • (1) false accusations of sockpuppetry, made with no evidence: Pedro (T-C-L), Horologium (T-C-L), The Rambling Man (T-C-L).

(2) Worm That Turned (T-C-L) and Demiurge1000 (T-C-L)'s abuses at their RfC/U against me and since. One charge was that I had "outed" a new editor. In fact, that editor was using multiple accounts to promote his faction in SPUSA (T-H-L), and had outed at least one opponent. Oversight/ArbCom ignored that outing, despite repeated requests and assurances. This committee and administrators (even in larval form) use rules to punish its opponents, not to enforce policy.

(3) Newyorkbrad (T-C-L)'s acquiescence to personal attacks against me while cautioning me for responding in kind, and also his attempts to misuse the block to stop me from participating at RfA. (This discussion involves Drmies (T-C-L) and Horologium also.)
Given this committee's abuse of sockpuppetry investigations and its leaking of emails as part of its harassment of Eric Corbett (T-C-L)/Malleus Fatuorum (T-C-L), the community will probably also wish to comment on this committee's and the administrative corps's other abuses.

So let's have this "open-ended investigation" into the "behavior of all parties".
I added the following parties,
  • Newyorkbrad,Worm That Turned,Horologium,Drmies, Pedro, The Rambling Man, Demiurge1000
who were just removed along with those added by Mark Arsten (T-C-L): These removals of interested parties suggest that the committee has decided not to consider a wide-ranging case after all. They should reject the case, and suggest Kww and Fram discuss any remaining disagreement about my block (and use usual dispute mediation and AN if need be).
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 pm

It seems they are going to accept it as an "Ironholds and Kiefer" case, with the emphasis being on-wiki evidence. Seems designed for a certain outcome as Ironholds is more tempered about what he says on-wiki, where he is more liable to end up in trouble.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:It seems they are going to accept it as an "Ironholds and Kiefer" case, with the emphasis being on-wiki evidence. Seems designed for a certain outcome as Ironholds is more tempered about what he says on-wiki, where he is more liable to end up in trouble.
Salvio seems to have seen through this bullshit pretty well.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Vigilant wrote:
The Devil's Advocate wrote:It seems they are going to accept it as an "Ironholds and Kiefer" case, with the emphasis being on-wiki evidence. Seems designed for a certain outcome as Ironholds is more tempered about what he says on-wiki, where he is more liable to end up in trouble.
[Giano] seems to have seen through this bullshit pretty well.
I'm not going to waste my time with dishonest men that claim that they can hear a case on the basis of a 2011 RfC/U and that they want to have a broad discussion of all actions by the parties and then don't allow me to discuss others.
Mark Arsten (T-C-L) has been a busy at Wikipediocracy (T-H-L). What did SandyGeorgia (T-C-L) comment about him?
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
[Giano] seems to have seen through this bullshit pretty well.
I'm not going to waste my time with dishonest men that claim that they can hear a case on the basis of a 2011 RfC/U and that they want to have a broad discussion of all actions by the parties and then don't allow me to discuss others.

Mark Arsten (T-C-L) has been a busy at Wikipediocracy (T-H-L). What did SandyGeorgia (T-C-L) comment about him?

Many things, particularly his penchant for showing up at the darndest places.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Sorry Kiefer, but if this case is accepted, it will probably be decided as a motion, and NYB's fancy legalistic latin will almost certainly be stare decisis.
This is not a signature.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Salvio seems to have seen through this bullshit pretty well.
Any freenode channel with 'wikipedia' in the title is run by Wikipedians. Freenode and the WMF have an informal agreement. The WMF has made at least one large cash donation to freenode. James Forrester was at one time in ultimate charge of the Wikipedia admins channel. It would be interesting to identify the top of the food chain of these channels and see how many are employed by the WMF.
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.