Fae versus Ottava Rima

neved
Gregarious
kołdry
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Fae versus Ottava Rima

Unread post by neved » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:01 pm

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... ttava_Rima
User_talk:Fæ#Personal_attacks
User_talk:Alison#Fae - includes the statement with regard to my motivation: "It is obvious that a handful of people are trying to use Commons to get attention, money, or some other benefit that is outside the purview of this community. It is obvious that they will make whatever nasty comments and threats to ensure that they can continue."
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Re: Fae versus Ottava Rima

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Pfft.

Code: Select all

Disruptive editing by Ottava Rima

Ottava Rima (talk · contribs · logs · block log)
    Commons_talk:Project_scope/Update_2013/Must_be_realistically_useful_for_an_educational_purpose#Proposal_2:_Actively_curate_educationally_distinct_content
    User_talk:Fæ#Personal_attacks
    User_talk:Alison#Fae - includes the statement with regard to my motivation: "It is obvious that a handful of people are trying to use Commons to get attention, money, or some other benefit that is outside the purview of this community. It is obvious that they will make whatever nasty comments and threats to ensure that they can continue."
    Ottava Rima's first edit to commons on this account was 1 Sep 2008. 4 years, 10 months ago. I approximated this to 5 years. Special:Contributions/Ottava_Rima
    Ottava Rima's uploads I estimated at 90 by checking the log, discounting crops and minor edits rather than new uploads. On a more careful recount, I now estimate this to be 99. 
Special:ListFiles/Ottava_Rima

Ottava Rima has disrupted the consensus building policy discussion through series of disruptive comments against darkweasel94, MichaelMaggs, Mattbuck, Jmabel, Simonxag and 
myself on the above discussion page. After he complained on my talk page, I encouraged him to raise his accusations on AN/U, however the last last accusation against me was lying when these facts can be found in his contribution logs, and now has crossed the line with blatantly false claims that I have smeared him as homophobic.

I request prompt administrator action in line with COM:BP as he is creating a hostile environment for other contributors and disrupting a policy discussion intended to form a consensus. --Fæ (talk) 17:01, 5 July 2013 (UTC)

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 pm

:deadhorse: -_-

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 am

Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:24 am

Were they not trying to ban Penylap from commons at one point? Not surprising really.

-edit- Reading that, what possible need is there for 400 pictures of a gay pride event? Is this what Ashley's bots are doing these days? I suppose it could be worse, 400 pictures of him tied up with a ballgag would have been less pleasant.

Surely at best, there would be 10 quality photos which may be of use to an encyclopedia. But 400? Did he do ANY culling or did he just plug his memory card (probably free from WMUK) straight into commons?

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:43 pm

I am having great difficulty in not having sympathy for anyone in an argument with Ottava.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Malleus
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Wikipedia Review Member: Malleus

Unread post by Malleus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Outsider wrote:I am having great difficulty in not having sympathy for anyone in an argument with Ottava.
I'm quite certain that's not the only thing you have great difficulty with.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:48 pm

All I could think of.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Anroth wrote:Surely at best, there would be 10 quality photos which may be of use to an encyclopedia. But 400? Did he do ANY culling or did he just plug his memory card (probably free from WMUK) straight into commons?
Well, let's do the math here. How long would such an event last - maybe between 3 and 5 hours? So let's simplify and say 4 hours; that's 100 pictures per hour, assuming he took them himself (and he'd have to at least say he did, for licensing purposes). That's almost 2 shots per minute. But most likely he's taking them in bursts of about 5-7 photos per minute, and then he takes breaks of several minutes between bursts while he goes off to some other part of the crowd for a different view.

So let's guesstimate that each burst-period lasts about 5 minutes - that's about 30 photos each time, or one shot every 10 seconds, so he'd need about 13 bursts to get to 400 shots. That doesn't seem so unreasonable, I suppose, unless you're looking for quality over quantity of course. Also, depending on the camera, he'd probably run out of battery power after about 250-300 shots. It's possible he went in with a full charge, made it to 400 and gave up when the battery died - but given his propensity for this sort of thing, he almost certainly brought a spare battery with him. In fact, probably more than one spare battery.

TBH, I've never personally known anyone who would take that many photographs of a single 4-hour event who wasn't being paid to do so, but admittedly, in the digital-camera era you're much more likely to see that than you would have been in the film/chemical era. Still, that's a whole lotta shots, and the likelihood that he did any culling of the results is almost certainly nil.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Anroth wrote:Surely at best, there would be 10 quality photos which may be of use to an encyclopedia. But 400? Did he do ANY culling or did he just plug his memory card (probably free from WMUK) straight into commons?
Well, let's do the math here. How long would such an event last - maybe between 3 and 5 hours? So let's simplify and say 4 hours; that's 100 pictures per hour, assuming he took them himself (and he'd have to at least say he did, for licensing purposes). That's almost 2 shots per minute. But most likely he's taking them in bursts of about 5-7 photos per minute, and then he takes breaks of several minutes between bursts while he goes off to some other part of the crowd for a different view.

So let's guesstimate that each burst-period lasts about 5 minutes - that's about 30 photos each time, or one shot every 10 seconds, so he'd need about 13 bursts to get to 400 shots. That doesn't seem so unreasonable, I suppose, unless you're looking for quality over quantity of course. Also, depending on the camera, he'd probably run out of battery power after about 250-300 shots. It's possible he went in with a full charge, made it to 400 and gave up when the battery died - but given his propensity for this sort of thing, he almost certainly brought a spare battery with him. In fact, probably more than one spare battery.

TBH, I've never personally known anyone who would take that many photographs of a single 4-hour event who wasn't being paid to do so, but admittedly, in the digital-camera era you're much more likely to see that than you would have been in the film/chemical era. Still, that's a whole lotta shots, and the likelihood that he did any culling of the results is almost certainly nil.
During my 12-day trip to Japan in 2009, using my Canon Rebel, posing each shot and checking exposure and such (museums are NOT going to let you use flash) I took 400 pictures during my entire trip. I rejected 100 shots from that amount.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Malleus wrote:I'm quite certain that's not the only thing you have great difficulty with.
What do you find difficult,other than the obvious?

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Zoloft wrote: During my 12-day trip to Japan in 2009, using my Canon Rebel, posing each shot and checking exposure and such (museums are NOT going to let you use flash) I took 400 pictures during my entire trip. I rejected 100 shots from that amount.
I am guessing of the 300 you had left, they were well spaced out geographically/culturally? Not 300 high quality pictures of Wagyu cattle getting massaged...

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Anroth wrote:
Zoloft wrote: During my 12-day trip to Japan in 2009, using my Canon Rebel, posing each shot and checking exposure and such (museums are NOT going to let you use flash) I took 400 pictures during my entire trip. I rejected 100 shots from that amount.
I am guessing of the 300 you had left, they were well spaced out geographically/culturally? Not 300 high quality pictures of Wagyu cattle getting massaged...
I certainly tried. The major cities I visited were Tokyo and Hiroshima. Tokyo and the surrounding prefecture is an entire nation in itself.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:59 am

Ruh roh, Raggy!
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=99581269

Did Ottava win this particular round?
00:02, 7 July 2013 (diff | hist) . . (-875)‎ . . User talk:Fæ ‎ (inactive) (current)
00:00, 7 July 2013 (diff | hist) . . (+53,481)‎ . . User talk:Fæ/2013 ‎ (Archiving) (current)
23:57, 6 July 2013 (diff | hist) . . (-53,481)‎ . . User talk:Fæ ‎ (archive)
Sure looks like a ragequit.

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Vigilant wrote:Ruh roh, Raggy!
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=99581269

Did Ottava win this particular round?
00:02, 7 July 2013 (diff | hist) . . (-875)‎ . . User talk:Fæ ‎ (inactive) (current)
00:00, 7 July 2013 (diff | hist) . . (+53,481)‎ . . User talk:Fæ/2013 ‎ (Archiving) (current)
23:57, 6 July 2013 (diff | hist) . . (-53,481)‎ . . User talk:Fæ ‎ (archive)
Sure looks like a ragequit.
Why not just take it at face value that he's going to be spending the next few days tied up in some dungeon.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:35 pm

lilburne wrote: Why not just take it at face value that he's going to be spending the next few days tied up in some dungeon.
How many times will it take for you and other people here to learn that belittling people for the way they enjoy themselves in bed is stupid, unpleasant and pointless?
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Moonage Daydream
Habitué

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Hex wrote:
lilburne wrote: Why not just take it at face value that he's going to be spending the next few days tied up in some dungeon.
How many times will it take for you and other people here to learn that belittling people for the way they enjoy themselves in bed is stupid, unpleasant and pointless?
How many times will it take for you to learn that being belittled by people in stupid, unpleasant and pointless ways is the way they enjoy themselves in bed? ;)

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm

My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Here we go.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Comm ... nal_attack

Let's play both the Jew and the Gay cards.
Penyulap's use of Cry-wolf.png cartoon as a personal attack[edit]
Re: File:Cry-wolf.png a political cartoon by Carlos Latuff, intentionally controversial for its anti-Semitic intent and anti-Semitic motifs.
I strongly and formally object to Penyulap's inappropriate and offensive repeated insertion of an anti-Semitic cartoon in the above discussion despite my clear objection to this being highly offensive to many contributors. This is blatant trolling, intended to inflame discussion and disrupt any consensus building on this noticeboard. I am openly Jewish and openly gay. I, and others, take Penyulap's drawing parallels between Ottava Rima's false allegations about accusations of homophobia and a cartoon about anti-Semitism as deliberately and maliciously both general defamation against Jewish and LGBT contributors to this project. It is a highly abusive direct personal attack intended to create a hostile environment and drive me and others away from making contributions here. This cartoon may be used on Commons in context, just as we expect appropriate use of explicit sexual material or material that may be unlawful in some countries, use of an anti-Semitic cartoon for harassment or defamation runs directly counter to The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. websites Terms of Use.
I request that Penyulap is, again, barred from contributing to Administrator noticeboards, or all noticeboards for a month or longer while there is a risk that they will abuse contributors in this way. This will give them the opportunity to acknowledge their behaviour is unacceptable for Wikimedia Commons and they are required to make a firm commitment to change their approach of using "jokes" as a poorly veiled means of harassing other contributors, if they wish to contribute positively to creating content in a cooperative and collegial manner for this project. --Fæ (talk) 10:00, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
I wonder why Ashley van Haeften hasn't been calling for Scott Bibby's head over this VERY SAME ISSUE with Jimmy and the Pricasso shit?
Is it because Ashley is a callow hypocrite?

WHAT?! A voice of sanity on Commons?!
You know, I really am tired of people calling Carlos Latuff's works anti-semitic. You people do realize that "semitic" applies to Arabs as well? There's a big different between being Anti-Israel and Anti-all jews. You can support Israel, not support Israel or whatever else but calling people who are critical of Israel "anti-semitic" is incredibly disingenuous. Fry1989 eh? 16:53, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
Fry, of all people, hits the nail on the fucking head and exposes Ashley for the lying little pot stirrer that he is.

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Vigilant wrote:
WHAT?! A voice of sanity on Commons?!
You know, I really am tired of people calling Carlos Latuff's works anti-semitic. You people do realize that "semitic" applies to Arabs as well? There's a big different between being Anti-Israel and Anti-all jews. You can support Israel, not support Israel or whatever else but calling people who are critical of Israel "anti-semitic" is incredibly disingenuous. Fry1989 eh? 16:53, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
Fry, of all people, hits the nail on the fucking head and exposes Ashley for the lying little pot stirrer that he is.
You call it a voice of sanity, I call it a voice of stupidity, although I agree with this comment https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=99624099
Comment Without getting into whether or not this, that, or something else entirely is/isn't antisemitic/etc., it's pretty clear that the cartoon was used as an attack on Fae's particular line of argument, rather than being "personal". In fact there's probably a reasonable case for saying "rinse, lather, repeat" when describing this particular subthread about that particular usage of the cartoon, but it would probably be a bit to subtle for some tastes. --SB_Johnny talk 17:12, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Vigilant wrote:I'd rather take advice from a randomly selected middle schooler.
Then you should read more Wikipedia :XD

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Vigilant wrote:I don't think that "listening to words of wisdom" from PinkAmpersand has much value in this conversation. I'd rather take advice from a randomly selected middle schooler.
Well, he seems to be doing OK for himself.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Outsider wrote:Well, he seems to be doing OK for himself.
Considering he claims to be gay, I'd say he's actually doing pretty badly! :blink:

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Outsider wrote:Well, he seems to be doing OK for himself.
Considering he claims to be gay, I'd say he's actually doing pretty badly! :blink:
Maybe he's only claiming to be gay so that if he's ever attacked here, he can yell "homophobia"? :evilgrin:

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 pm

:picard:

Minor child, guys?

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Zoloft wrote::picard:

Minor child, guys?
I removed the one post with the pic (sorry, Vigilant).
This is not a signature.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:06 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
Zoloft wrote::picard:

Minor child, guys?
I removed the one post with the pic (sorry, Vigilant).
If he's a minor then that's my mistake. I took him to be an adult.

My apologies.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm

For a guy who is "Inactive until further notice", Ashley van Haeften sure edits a lot.

Makes you wonder if his flickrWashrBot didn't get reset.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 pm

With that ANU thread, I can't decide who to root for.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Not this shit again.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=99750829
I do hope you realize that Michael Maggs's subpage is not allowed within policy nor standard in any way. If you have any particular messages you think I stated that show that I deserve to be banned, please show them. I am an academic in real life and I have created a lot of featured content across the WMF sites. I also was one of the main organizers of Wikiversity. [[User:Ottava Rima|Ottava Rima]] 23:25, 9 July 2013 (UTC)

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:25 am

SB_Johnny wrote:I removed the one post with the pic (sorry, Vigilant).
If you're going to remove the photo, you have to remove the posts too, don't you? Removing the photo eliminates the context of what I posted, making that comment sound far more homophobic than it actually was.

:dubious:

(For the benefit of readers, the photo showed Mr. PinkAmpersand, a male teenager, in a boat with four fairly attractive teenaged girls.)

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:53 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
If you're going to remove the photo, you have to remove the posts too, don't you? Removing the photo eliminates the context of what I posted, making that comment sound far more homophobic than it actually was.

(For the benefit of readers, the photo showed Mr. PinkAmpersand, a male teenager, in a boat with four fairly attractive teenaged girls.)
I forgot to give SB_Johnny my axe.

:axemurderer:

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:23 am

Zoloft wrote:I forgot to give SB_Johnny my axe.

On second thought, perhaps that's just as well.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:

I forgot to give SB_Johnny my axe.

And my BOW!

Wait...no...that's backwards.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Ashley van Haeften still plugging away with hundreds of edits a day while "inactive".

Worst rage quit ever. I want my money back.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
I didn't think your comment was homophobic at all, but then I'm not Fae. :shrug:
This is not a signature.

Lukeno94
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Lukeno94

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 pm

You can read it as such, but you've got to want it to be homophobic to do so.

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 am

Vigilant wrote:Here we go.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Comm ... nal_attack

Let's play both the Jew and the Gay cards.
Penyulap's use of Cry-wolf.png cartoon as a personal attack[edit]
Re: File:Cry-wolf.png a political cartoon by Carlos Latuff, intentionally controversial for its anti-Semitic intent and anti-Semitic motifs.
I strongly and formally object to Penyulap's inappropriate and offensive repeated insertion of an anti-Semitic cartoon in the above discussion despite my clear objection to this being highly offensive to many contributors. This is blatant trolling, intended to inflame discussion and disrupt any consensus building on this noticeboard. I am openly Jewish and openly gay. I, and others, take Penyulap's drawing parallels between Ottava Rima's false allegations about accusations of homophobia and a cartoon about anti-Semitism as deliberately and maliciously both general defamation against Jewish and LGBT contributors to this project. It is a highly abusive direct personal attack intended to create a hostile environment and drive me and others away from making contributions here. This cartoon may be used on Commons in context, just as we expect appropriate use of explicit sexual material or material that may be unlawful in some countries, use of an anti-Semitic cartoon for harassment or defamation runs directly counter to The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. websites Terms of Use.
I request that Penyulap is, again, barred from contributing to Administrator noticeboards, or all noticeboards for a month or longer while there is a risk that they will abuse contributors in this way. This will give them the opportunity to acknowledge their behaviour is unacceptable for Wikimedia Commons and they are required to make a firm commitment to change their approach of using "jokes" as a poorly veiled means of harassing other contributors, if they wish to contribute positively to creating content in a cooperative and collegial manner for this project. --Fæ (talk) 10:00, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
It's entirely possible to play more than just the Jew and the Gay cards simultaneously. Here is Harold, performed by the great Leonard Frey, playing with a straight flush in the 1970 film The Boys in the Band. I agree with Hex:
The majority of Americans also agree. In the major cities of North America and Europe it would be hard to find any educated person who is homophobic or antisemitic (but perhaps I am moving in the wrong circles).
former Living Person

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am

Mancunium wrote:It's entirely possible to play more than just the Jew and the Gay cards simultaneously. Here is Harold, performed by the great Leonard Frey, playing with a straight flush in the 1970 film The Boys in the Band.

I agree with Hex:
The majority of Americans also agree. In the major cities of North America and Europe it would be hard to find any educated person who is homophobic or antisemitic (but perhaps I am moving in the wrong circles).
Here's Bill Burr's hilarious NSFW take on what isn't homophobia.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:43 pm

I am an academic in real life
:blink: Isn't he still a student?
I also was one of the main organizers of Wikiversity.
Obviously false, as the site has no organisation. I suppose he's partly to blame for its current state.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, it's nice to see that Ottava has a real life job, too.
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Jeffrey-Peters/1326864186
Company Description: Carroll Families is distributed to daycare facilities, elementary schools, area libraries, family-service businesses and organizations, physicians' offices, area convenience stores and other locations across the county. No part of the publication or this website may be reproduced or re-printed without written permission of Landmark Community Newspapers of Maryland, Inc. We hope you enjoy Carroll Families.
He's a sad, little man living a sad, little life.

His only real benefit is that he, occasionally, riles the wikipediots.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/searc ... rey+peters

My favorite editorial start so far
Jeffrey Peters Religion Columnist Carroll County Times |

I am often asked for my opinion on matters of church government, traditions and doctrines of faith, and the transition from Pope Benedict to Pope Francis has increased the amount of inquiries. I try to base my view on patterns in history and remove my own personal feelings when answering because I feel that there are too many who substitute their own opinion for reality.

The religious forecasting by many writers seems more akin to sports gambling than an honest discussion of faith. I have read many columnists who have made some of the most outrageous of predictions for little reason than to stir up their audience or to push a fringe view. It is disappointing to see the church treated in such a manner....
I can tell you, Jeffrey, that nobody has EVER asked for your opinion twice.

I can say that the repeal of DOMA and the upholding of the appellate strike down of California Proposition 8 were made just a tiny bit more sweet knowing that Jeffrey Peters was losing his FUCKING mind while it happened.

Moonage Daydream
Habitué

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Vigilant wrote:Well, it's nice to see that Ottava has a real life job, too.
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Jeffrey-Peters/1326864186
Company Description: Carroll Families is distributed to daycare facilities, elementary schools, area libraries, family-service businesses and organizations, physicians' offices, area convenience stores and other locations across the county. No part of the publication or this website may be reproduced or re-printed without written permission of Landmark Community Newspapers of Maryland, Inc. We hope you enjoy Carroll Families.
He's a sad, little man living a sad, little life.

His only real benefit is that he, occasionally, riles the wikipediots.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/searc ... rey+peters

My favorite editorial start so far
Jeffrey Peters Religion Columnist Carroll County Times |

I am often asked for my opinion on matters of church government, traditions and doctrines of faith, and the transition from Pope Benedict to Pope Francis has increased the amount of inquiries. I try to base my view on patterns in history and remove my own personal feelings when answering because I feel that there are too many who substitute their own opinion for reality.

The religious forecasting by many writers seems more akin to sports gambling than an honest discussion of faith. I have read many columnists who have made some of the most outrageous of predictions for little reason than to stir up their audience or to push a fringe view. It is disappointing to see the church treated in such a manner....
I can tell you, Jeffrey, that nobody has EVER asked for your opinion twice.

I can say that the repeal of DOMA and the upholding of the appellate strike down of California Proposition 8 were made just a tiny bit more sweet knowing that Jeffrey Peters was losing his FUCKING mind while it happened.
The Carroll County Times is extremely progressive when it comes to religion. They have a roster of five religion columnists. All Christian. What more could you ask for?

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Moonage Daydream wrote:The Carroll County Times is extremely progressive when it comes to religion. They have a roster of five religion columnists. All Christian. What more could you ask for?
We got both kinds of music, we got country and western.

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Moonage Daydream wrote: The Carroll County Times is extremely progressive when it comes to religion. They have a roster of five religion columnists. All Christian. What more could you ask for?
Ahem: Rabbi Amy R. Scheinerman, Carroll County Times: Death penalty ignores image of God in man

I have it from a good source that editorial policy in the Carroll County Times is that writers from any religion that has a congregation in the area are welcome.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:19 am

HRIP7 wrote:
Moonage Daydream wrote: The Carroll County Times is extremely progressive when it comes to religion. They have a roster of five religion columnists. All Christian. What more could you ask for?
Ahem: Rabbi Amy R. Scheinerman, Carroll County Times: Death penalty ignores image of God in man

I have it from a good source that editorial policy in the Carroll County Times is that writers from any religion that has a congregation in the area are welcome.
Do you suppose there is a congregation of people as silly as Jeffrey Peters?

That's a frightening proposition.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 am

Vigilant wrote:
HRIP7 wrote:

I could tell ya stories. Try... I was a member of a church (very briefly) with a woman's auxiliary member who made skirts for her dachshunds 'to preserve decency in God's eyes.'

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 am

Vigilant wrote:
HRIP7 wrote:

Even more frightening is this where I think they've misspelt nit.
http://www.kofc9127.org/officers.html
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined