Last visit was: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 am
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 am

[ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: Fae 
Habitué

Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate
Unread post Re: Re: Fae
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
Instead, the easy route of simply deleting entire sentences was taken, and the resulting paragraph became less informative.

Pretty much the ways things go on Wikipedia. If there is a problem, eliminate everything surrounding the problem rather than actually fix the problem.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 pm
Critic

Wikipedia Review Member: Silent Editor
Vigilant wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
We shouldn't rush to conspiracy theories.

I agree with you generally, but, given the labyrinthine nature of Ashley's involvement with wikipedia, it seems like it is more useful to look for links first rather than last.

I wonder at the timing... Fae is able to appeal the ban after six months, and that ban was enacted about six months ago.

Not rushing to conspiracy theories... but I do find it a bit of a coincidence.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm
Global Moderator

Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny
Vigilant wrote:
I agree with you generally, but, given the labyrinthine nature of Ashley's involvement with wikipedia, it seems like it is more useful to look for links first rather than last.

Aside from the basket-case-cabal that runs commons these days, Ashley's list of dependable allies in the WMF world is negligible these days... they've long dropped him because he doesn't make for good PR.

Maybe y'all might want to stop picking on the guy, because at this point he's someone we should be welcoming into our fold. I doubt many of us have been burned as badly as they're burning him now, and he surely has some stories to tell.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 am
Habitué

Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne
SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

Aside from the basket-case-cabal that runs commons these days, Ashley's list of dependable allies in the WMF world is negligible these days... they've long dropped him because he doesn't make for good PR.

Maybe y'all might want to stop picking on the guy, because at this point he's someone we should be welcoming into our fold. I doubt many of us have been burned as badly as they're burning him now, and he surely has some stories to tell.

+1

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 am
Garrulous

Wikipedia Review Member: eppur si muove
Isn't he still Chair of the inter-chapter organisation which is potentially a strong powerbase?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 am
Habitué

eppur si muove wrote:
Isn't he still Chair of the inter-chapter organisation which is potentially a strong powerbase?

Aren't all of these chapter things interminable talking shops? A Chair of a talking shop of talking shops doesn't seem to be much of a powerbase. Besides a powerbase for what - challenging the WMF? I don't think so, far too many egos involved, and no real clout.,= They'd need to have some issue to coalesce around, and they'd need a real political operator in their midst, Ashley ain't one of those.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 am
Habitué

Curious, who has the record for most uploads and most edits to Commons?

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 am
Trustee

Wikipedia User: Edeans
Wikipedia Review Member: Cedric
Actual Name: Eddie Singleton
SB_Johnny wrote:

Quite true.

SB_Johnny wrote:

While I too see little use in "picking on" him now, I am rather dubious as to the rest. "Fae" impresses me as a big tanker load of crazy, which I see as the main reason he has been such a drama magnet in the past and may prove so again. I have no doubt he could tell us some rather interesting stories of WMF hypocrisy and malfeasance, some which which might just be true, or at least mostly true. However, he is hardly the most reliable witness, and sorting through the truth, half-truths and pure fantasy would not always be so straightforward. His motives are at least as mixed as those who are "putting him to the question."

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 am
Habitué

Wikipedia User: Bali ultimate
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy
SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

If I may. I haven't been burned by those simps at all. He used a hateful set of rules, representing them as wonderful make glorious Wikipedia rules, to try to smear and destroy others. My interest in Mr. Van Haeften is due to his attempts to smear me, and others, as bigots because he couldn't get his way. Do you know what "big boy rules" means? I suspect one or two of the regulars here might, but not many.

For me, Mr. Van Haeften is subject to big boy rules (essentially, live by the sword, die by the sword). Suffering? The only "suffering" has involved being exposed to rather mild, and extremely obscure, scrutiny. At this website, he's experienced 1/1000 of the scrutiny that his kinsman, Lance Armstrong, has suffered.

He should thank his lucky stars that no sane person gives a toss about him. If the general public cared about, and understood, his behavior he couldn't cross the street without verbal abuse.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:51 am
Garrulous

Wikipedia User: Volunteer Marek
SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

I also sort of agree with this. Basically if he just stopped the BADSITES nonsense that he occasionally drops here or there and quit some of the sneaky stuff on Commons (and it's not that sneaky, as in, it's not really that bad, it's just stuff that could be done in a above board kind of way but he's so used to doing it cabalish-sneaky-wise that he seems unable to change his habits) I'd actually happily support the lifting of his ban on en-Wiki. I guess another way of putting it is that at this point, it's a matter of superficiality rather than substance. I also do think that he learned the most important lessons (BLP issues especially). So why not? He might be somewhat annoying if they let him back on there but there's a lot of annoying people on Wikipedia so at the end of the day it doesn't bother me so much. Annoying is just annoying, evil and creepy is something different. And I do think he deserves some credit for some of the positions he's taken in the WMUK in the past few months, though of course these could be just opportunistic or whatever. Still, points accrued.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 am
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant
DanMurphy wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

If I may. I haven't been burned by those simps at all. He used a hateful set of rules, representing them as wonderful make glorious Wikipedia rules, to try to smear and destroy others. My interest in Mr. Van Haeften is due to his attempts to smear me, and others, as bigots because he couldn't get his way. Do you know what "big boy rules" means? I suspect one or two of the regulars here might, but not many.

For me, Mr. Van Haeften is subject to big boy rules (essentially, live by the sword, die by the sword). Suffering? The only "suffering" has involved being exposed to rather mild, and extremely obscure, scrutiny. At this website, he's experienced 1/1000 of the scrutiny that his kinsman, Lance Armstrong, has suffered.

He should thank his lucky stars that no sane person gives a toss about him. If the general public cared about, and understood, his behavior he couldn't cross the street without verbal abuse.

This. A thousand times, this.

Ashley van Haeften plays the most cynical of games, smearing his opponents with the homophobia brush anytime anyone critiques his actions.

Until there's a public apology and a decent period of activity which never involves throwing around cheap and shitty accusations when challenged, he stays on my radar.

I'd sooner have a conversation with Ottava Rima than him.
He's still better than Jeff Merkey, but that's damning with faint praise, indeed.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 pm
Habitué

eppur si muove wrote:

Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 26 January 2013 15:50
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Job offer: Secretary-General for Chapters Association
To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>

Dear all,

after a long period of discussions and clarifications, we are now finally starting our search for a Secretary-General to serve the Chapters Association.
Please distribute to following text to as many of your contacts, mailing-lists and networks as possible.

Thank you very much,
kind regards,

Markus
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
------------------------------------------

The Chapters Association (CA) will be an umbrella organization for Wikimedia chapters established in various regions around the world. The association represents the common interests of those chapters within the Wikimedia movement.

One of its goals is to set, review and enforce standards of accountability and participation among its members. The association will facilitate the exchange of experiences, ideas, and knowledge between chapters and assist them in their organizational development and to develop common programs and projects.

To enhance external communication, coordinate the Wikimedia movement and represent its chapters on official occasions, CA is looking for an experienced and motivated person to become the full-time

Secretary-General (f/m)

of the Chapters Association.
CA is incorporated in Geneva, however depending on your place of residence a relocation might not be necessary.

Job description

The Secretary-General is to be head of the CA?s Secretariat as defined by the CA?s charter. The Secretariat performs the executive powers of the Association. The Secretary-General will be elected by the Council. The other Members of the Secretariat are appointed by the Secretary-General, with the consent of the Council. The Secretariat reports to the Council on the Association's activities and has the right to submit proposals for Council resolutions.

She/He will be responsible for:

* Defining the organizational structure, publishing job offers and
hiring the officers of the secretariat;
* Building the strategic plan for the association;
* Assuring the financial stability of the organization;
* Coordinating between all association members;
* Building annual program plans to achieve the CA mission;
* Handling all formal administrative tasks including finance,
communications, legal and technical;
* and preparing the assemblies of the CA council.

Desired personal traits

* Leader -- the selected Secretary-General will have to build the
organization from its earliest stages according to the outlines set
by the CA council.
* Administrator -- some of the tasks of the Secretary-General would be
of administrative nature. She/He would have to write detailed
program plans, review by-laws, financial reports, program plans and
program reports of other organizations.
* Excellent communication skills -- one of the the Secretary-General's
primary tasks would be to communicate with member chapters. Those
chapters are dispersed in different regions of the worlds
representing various cultural habits. The selected Secretary-General
would have to be multi-culturally-minded to work effectively with
these partners.
* Willing and able to travel world-wide.
* Proven experience with building and managing a large diverse
organization.
* Comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization,
including community members and volunteers.
* Experience in other like-minded/ international/ volunteer-driven/
non-profit/ peer-review-driven organizations would be considered as
an advantage.

* The ideal candidate will be hard-working, creative,
highly-motivated, and able to operate and effectively manage
multiple cultural contexts, time-zones and expectations
* Incredible diplomatic problem-solving skills in an international
environment as well as the ability to deal comfortably and
efficiently with ambiguity and an ever changing environment

* Must be fluent in English; skill in other languages would be
considered as an advantage.

Great to have

* University degree
* Experience within the Wikimedia movement. However, according to CA?s
charter a Member of the Secretariat cannot be a Council Member or
hold a position in a Chapter or in the Wikimedia Foundation.
* Love working with a highly collaborative, consensus oriented environment

Competitive salary package. Please send your cover letter, full CV, salary expectations and at least two references in one .pdf file to: chaptersassociation@wikimedia.ch <mailto:chaptersassociation@wikimedia.ch>
In case of any questions, please also use email and the address given above.
Publication date: 26.01.2013 - Application deadline: 15.02.2013

Seat and postal address: Wikimedia Switzerland, 8008 Zurich
Office: Wikimedia CH, Escaliers du Marché 2, CH-1003 Lausanne
Web: http://www.wikimedia.ch

--
Markus Glaser
WCA Council Member (WMDE)
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 pm
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Quote:

Oh, well.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm
Habitué

Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide
Vigilant wrote:
Quote:

Oh, well.

I've said this before, but the chapters are destined to become a clusterfuck of monumental proportions, and they are only now starting to hatch.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 am
Global Moderator

Wikipedia User: EricBarbour
TungstenCarbide wrote:
I've said this before, but the chapters are destined to become a clusterfuck of monumental proportions, and they are only now starting to hatch.

Agreed, they will either hire one of their insiders (my money's on Beria Lima, she's crazy enough to want the job, but ultimately who knows?) or else hire an outsider with nonprofit experience. Fae? I seriously doubt it.

Either way, the new secretary will expect to be doing diplomatic work between "professional" organizations, run by "professionals". And instead find him/herself in the middle of an evil dark shitstorm generated by chapters, most of which are run by "typical Wikipedians" --- paranoid, secretive, arrogant, manipulative, aggressive, often having ADHD or other psychiatric disorders. And most having NO experience with running such organizations themselves. The cream of the amateur crop. Or rather, the dregs.

Even Gandhi or the Dalai Lama could not handle that job.......I certainly hope they find the Second Coming of Jesus, because that's who they really need......

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 am WWW
Site Admin

Wikipedia User: tiucsibgod
EricBarbour wrote:
TungstenCarbide wrote:

Agreed, they will either hire one of their insiders (my money's on Beria Lima, she's crazy enough to want the job, but ultimately who knows?) or else hire an outsider with nonprofit experience. Fae? I seriously doubt it.

Which of course is why Fae is in a permanent stew over Wikipedia. There he has been, working his bots off trying to create the image of a wonderful Wikipedian, and he enables every gravy train and can never get on it, while being abused for his "efforts".

I'm sure that he is incredibly confused how Bamkin et al. have been able to carry on generating a business and working with the oft-banned Prioryman can carry on abusing the public in full view and it all went pear-shaped for him when he'd barely managed to get a memory stick out of the project, all with the help of a well-paid and secure WikimediaUK salaried staff in a warm and comfy London office. I think I might be a little unstable in those circumstances too.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 am
Habitué

dogbiscuit wrote:
Which of course is why Fae is in a permanent stew over Wikipedia. There he has been, working his bots off trying to create the image of a wonderful Wikipedian, and he enables every gravy train and can never get on it, while being abused for his "efforts".

I'm sure that he is incredibly confused how Bamkin et al. have been able to carry on generating a business and working with the oft-banned Prioryman can carry on abusing the public in full view and it all went pear-shaped for him when he'd barely managed to get a memory stick out of the project.

Put it down to rampant homophobia.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm
Habitué

Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy
Vigilant wrote:
Quote:

Oh, well.

Indeed. The job description requires a Renaissance man. International law, international management, international diplomacy, financial management... am I missing anything? Who they need is:

With all the problems the chapters have had, they need lawyers. Note: lawyerS, not just A lawyer.:dry:

"I am the face of pain! The souls of the damned are my weapons! You will know eons of suffering!" -Molag Bal

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 am
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

If they got Dogbert, wikipedia editor and admin counts would drop dramatically.

Hmm....

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Habitué

Wikipedia User: Scott
Dogbert would just outsource all the editing to Elbonia.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am WWW
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Unread post Re: Fae
Ashley trying to buy his way back into heaven.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commo ... Whambo.jpg

From Commons:village pump
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.ph ... d=91094385

Quote:
"Commons" will not stop you reusing images in this way, but the community here cannot advise you if you are breaking local laws, particularly when creating derived works of portraits of people. In the UK, I would have to be careful that the images did not constitute a hate crime, such as promoting homophobic hatred, or considered a form of libel for which I might be subject to a claim of damages. One thing Commons can do, is remove derived works where there is no reasonable expectation of educational use or where personal rights are not being respected. As for 'Whambo', no comment. --Fæ (talk) 21:29, 20 February 2013 (UTC)

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 am
Habitué

Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Whambo.jpg&diff=91095201&oldid=91094628

Sorry, Penyulap, but jokes need context in order to be funny. The image doesn't display irony. It doesn't display intelligence. It doesn't contain anything truthful or meaningful. Penyulap provided a punchline of sorts without providing context. Comedians tend to tell a little story before delivering the punchline. Random isn't funny.

Lamb + accordion + Jimbo =/= funny.

Jimbo + Wikipedia, divorce, and / or Ayn Rand = funny. The truth is funnier than a bunch of random stuff that isn't true.

This doesn't mean that Penyulap doesn't understand humor. Penyulap has produced real, non-random jokes in the past:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Whambo_in_%2784.gif (Wikipedia + "Civility" + 1984)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jimbo_doesn%27t_pay_for_the_wik.png (Jimbo + donation banner)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:New_English_Wikipedia_editors,_2001_to_September_2012_with_text_overlay.png (Wikipedia + new editor decline + sockpuppetry)

These jokes have real context for those who are familiar with Wikipedia. Thank you, Penyulap, for sharing these.

Update:

Problem solved:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Whambo.jpg&diff=91107356&oldid=91106661

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 am WWW
Critic

This was funny:
Quote:
We [WMUK] hold a number of events each year, some public, some invitation only, some limited to people who signup and some open to all. Some of the attendees have been legally minors, some of our critics and at least one banned editor have attended events or signed up to attend them. Wikipedia gets a steady stream of controversial editors and the UK probably has its fair share of the millions of editors who have been blocked or had their work deleted. So I suggest that one risk which should be on the list is the risk of an incident occurring at one of our events. WereSpielChequers (talk) 18:52, 19 February 2013 (UTC)

We've got a banned editor who keeps turning up to board meetings! ;) --Tango (talk) 19:01, 19 February 2013 (UTC)

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 am
Habitué

The reply, not so amusing.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:27 am
Site Admin

Wikipedia User: tiucsibgod
Anroth wrote:

Oh, I don't know, he did say he was thinking of someone whose ban was justified, so he doesn't mean Peter. Not sure who he is thinking of though.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 am
Habitué

dogbiscuit wrote:
Anroth wrote:

Oh, I don't know, he did say he was thinking of someone whose ban was justified, so he doesn't mean Peter. Not sure who he is thinking of though.

I see what you did there :B'

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 am
Habitué

Wikipedia User: Bali ultimate
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy
dogbiscuit wrote:
Anroth wrote:

Is that guy another idiot? Leaving aside the Orwellian "justifiable bans are just, unjustifiable bans are unjust, and I can tell the difference" he was talking about the "millions" of people who might have grievances and might convince violence because of them. Wouldn't people who feel their bans are "unjustified" be more likely to complain?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm
Habitué

dogbiscuit wrote:

David Gerard? Sam Blacketer? Whoops, they haven't been banned yet!

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 pm WWW
Critic

Of course, Fae could appeal his ban now - six months have passed since it was imposed.

(Or maybe he has appealed or is appealing it, I guess. But despite all this transperency and openness, how would we know?)

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 pm
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

What an obnoxious, little spud.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.ph ... d=91281807

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 am
Global Moderator

Vigilant wrote:

A few minutes later, he removed it. Perhaps someone pointed out he was being a spud?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.ph ... d=91290327
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.ph ... d=91290605

"better reply, now I read the material a bit more"
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.ph ... d=91290687

Still a spud. Think before typing angrily, Ashley! :yecch:

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 am WWW
Habitué

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair#Inaccurate_statement

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair#Statement_from_the_current_Chair

Fae wishes to inaccurately label me as a homophobe on a page that's going to be view by tens or hundreds of people (I'm not sure how many people are involved in these elections or reading the Signpost). He wants to make himself look good ("the victim") in front of tens or hundreds of people at my expense.

Last edited by Michaeldsuarez on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm WWW
Garrulous

Wikipedia User: Tarc
Wikipedia Review Member: Tarc
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair#Inaccurate_statement

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair#Statement_from_the_current_Chair

Fae wishes to inaccurately label me as a homophobe on a page that's going to be view by tens or hundreds of people (I'm not sure how many people are involved in these elections). He wants to make himself look good ("the victim") in front of tens or hundreds of people at my expense.

That's why you should have created an alt-ED account if you wished to edit Wikipedian articles, you shoulda known they'd nail you sooner or later. Or just stick to non-Wiki stuff. Which reminds me, I gotta get back sometime soon, researching info for Alex Pistoletov last year was actually kinda fun. :)

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:04 pm
Trustee

Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
Fae wishes to inaccurately label me as a homophobe on a page that's going to be view by tens or hundreds of people (I'm not sure how many people are involved in these elections or reading the Signpost). He wants to make himself look good ("the victim") in front of tens or hundreds of people at my expense.

If you're going to gleefully use Encyclopedia Dramatica as your speech platform, you hardly have any credibility to complain about your being "inaccurately labeled".

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 pm WWW
Habitué

thekohser wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:

If you're going to gleefully use Encyclopedia Dramatica as your speech platform, you hardly have any credibility to complain about your being "inaccurately labeled".

ED isn't a platform for an election. I don't use ED to become loved and idolized by others. I don't use ED in order to mislead people into believing that some person is a homophobe.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm WWW
Site Admin

Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
thekohser wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:

ED isn't a platform for an election. I don't use ED to become loved and idolized by others. I don't use ED in order to mislead people into believing that some person is a homophobe.

If you use ED, you are rubbing shoulders with racists, homophobes, and crazies. Some of it splatters on you.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 pm
Habitué

Zoloft wrote:
If you use ED, you are rubbing shoulders with racists, homophobes, and crazies. Some of it splatters on you.

They're mock racists / homophobes / crazies, not the real deal. For example, Wnt's behavior on ED, especially at the TJC:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Special:Contributions/Wnt

That isn't how he or she behaves outside of ED or the Internet. People like acting offensively and outrageously on ED.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 pm WWW
Habitué

Well yes, but the same can be said of Wikipediocracy ;)

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm
Habitué

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
Zoloft wrote:

They're mock racists / homophobes / crazies, not the real deal. For example, Wnt's behavior on ED, especially at the TJC:

Toddlers know which words get a reaction from their parents.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 pm
Site Admin

Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
I realize we all choose different paths.
But you don't see a lot of Klan costumes at Halloween.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 pm
Habitué

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5285589&oldid=5285553

"80686" is attempting to shut down the discussion.

Update: More censorship:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5285662&oldid=5285613

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5285678&oldid=5285675

Is this how an OTRS member usually handles complaints?

Update 2:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5285690&oldid=5285687:

Quote:
''any future edits on this irrelevant topic will be reverted without comment.

Who gave "80686" the authority to unilaterally make such a proclamation?

P.S. What's the Meta equivalent to ANI? Where do I report this stuff?

Update 3:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:80686&oldid=5285716#Censorship:

Quote:
You are vandalising a Meta page of the Wikimedia Chapters Association. Deal with the issue where it occurred. You are plainly at the completely wrong place here. --[[de:User:80686|Manuel Schneider]]<sup>[[de:User Talk:80686|(bla)]]&nbsp;[[de:User:80686/Bewertung|(+/-)]]</sup> 19:53, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
:It's a ''talk page''. I didn't touch the main page. --[[User:Michaeldsuarez|Michaeldsuarez]] ([[User talk:Michaeldsuarez|talk]]) 19:57, 28 February 2013 (UTC)

80686 isn't making any sense. "Deal with the issue where it occurred"? Where else am I supposed to discuss the problem if not the talk page?

Update 4:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:80686&diff=5285725&oldid=5285716

Of course. I should've known. It's because watchlists are just so central to the lives of these people.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 pm WWW
Garrulous

Wikipedia User: Tarc
Wikipedia Review Member: Tarc
Snowolf blocked both of you for a day, heh.

I restored your comment, let's see if it sticks.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm
Global Moderator

Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny
Zoloft wrote:
I realize we all choose different paths.
But you don't see a lot of Klan costumes at Halloween.

Yeah, nothing like that ever happens.

(I agree with the point of your metaphor, I just don't know that it's as realistic as one might hope.)

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm
Habitué

Tarc wrote:
I restored your comment, let's see if it sticks.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5285824&oldid=5285790

Wikimedia UK user RexxS censors my comment and restores 80686's "any future edits on this irrelevant topic will be reverted without comment" decree, even though neither 80686 nor RexxS has the authority to make and enforce such a decree. Is my comment really so evil that it must be hidden from view? Fae is allowed to say whatever he wishes without anyone being permitted to argue back.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm WWW
Trustee

Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs
Haha... good luck with RexxS -- he's a certified twit.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:01 pm WWW
Habitué

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5288080&oldid=5286358

Fae removed the inaccuracy from his statement, and Nemo bis removed the discussion that explained the entire ordeal:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&diff=5288097&oldid=5288069

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 pm WWW
Habitué

There is something quite incredible about what Fae is doing on Commons. He seems to be using an automated script to just dump a shitload of images from a database. Given the timestamps, it seems likely that he is basically just logging onto his computer, turning on a script in the morning, and then just letting it run until he goes to sleep at night. I doubt he's even in front of the computer most of the time, I certainly don't think he is actually looking over the uploads.

- Noam Chomsky

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:43 am
Global Moderator

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
There is something quite incredible about what Fae is doing on Commons. He seems to be using an automated script to just dump a shitload of images from a database. Given the timestamps, it seems likely that he is basically just logging onto his computer, turning on a script in the morning, and then just letting it run until he goes to sleep at night. I doubt he's even in front of the computer most of the time, I certainly don't think he is actually looking over the uploads.

He's not the first one (that's where he got the script, from a previous Commons dumper) and he won't be the last.
It would help quite a lot, if you could go thru his contribs and find some images that are improperly licensed and
might be copyright violations. He's used "Flickr-washing" before and I expect he might be doing the same today.
So the chances that some of the images he's copying to Commons "belong" to sockpuppet accounts of his, stolen
from other parties, are fair-to-good.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:02 am WWW
Habitué

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=block&page=User%3ADelicious_carbuncle

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair&action=history

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Delicious_carbuncle&diff=5288385&oldid=3563343

Nemo bis blocked Delicious carbuncle for trying to undo Nemo's censorship. Shouldn't Nemo bis be considered an involved sysop? Nemo bis and Delicious carbuncle have an history with each other:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Child_protection&action=history

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=protect&page=Pedophilia

Since December 2011, Nemo bis sought to censor reference to Wikimedia's "zero tolerance" policy towards pedophilia:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Child_protection&diff=3183737&oldid=2762067

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Child_protection&diff=3557747&oldid=3546718

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Child_protection&diff=3563263&oldid=3563253

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Child_protection&diff=3563323&oldid=3563311

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Child_protection&diff=5288104&oldid=5286352

DC opposed this censorship. I believe that this long-standing feud is what motivated Nemo into taking RexxS's side against DC on the "2013 Chair" page (censoring the page).

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm WWW
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t ... id=5276681

Quote:
No, we are not seeking a pair of queens. --[[User:Fæ|Fæ]] ([[User talk:Fæ|talk]]) 21:29, 25 February 2013 (UTC)

Ashley van Haeften never, ever gets to complain about the word queen when used around him.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm
 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next