Stephanie Adams at AFD

For discussions on privacy implications, including BLP issues
Sweet Revenge
Gregarious
kołdry

Stephanie Adams at AFD

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:14 am

This is turning out to be quite interesting: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Stephanie Adams (3rd nomination) (T-H-L)

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Re: Stephanie Adams at AFD

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am

Code: Select all

•  Keep and topic ban Fasttimes68 - This nomination is entirely unnecessary. The article was fairly recently re-written (by me) after a widely-reported lawsuit conclusion, with improved references and expanded information. I'm not sure how much of that remains, since there seems to be a constant low-level war to remove as much information as possible. Fasttimes68 has made off-wiki attacks against the subject of this BLP and continues to be a disruptive presence here. I am quite sure that the difficulties with this article would evaporate if they were topic banned. Enough is enough. Delicious carbuncle (talk) 5:35 pm, Today (UTC−7)

The accusation that I ran an attack site is a flat out lie, which DC has repeated several times without evidence. Put up or shut up time DC. Fasttimes68 (talk) 5:57 pm, Today (UTC−7)

Its not a lie at all - you wrote an attack article against the subject - I read it myself - its been deleted now but I read it and Delicious Carbuncle is no liar. - Youreallycan 9:15 pm, Today (UTC−7)

You are both liars then. I never ran an attack site. Fasttimes68 (talk) 9:22 pm, Today (UTC−7)

Liar liar pants on fire - Youreallycan 9:34 pm, Today (UTC−7)
:popcorn:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:38 am

what's the story on her (i'd rather swallow razorblades than read through all the article revs/ANIs/AFDs/attack blogs ... ) It seems that someone doesn't liker her very much, for some reason.
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:what's the story on her (i'd rather swallow razorblades than read through all the article revs/ANIs/AFDs/attack blogs ... ) It seems that someone doesn't liker her very much, for some reason.
If you want, e-mail me, and I'll disclose a few items to you, on condition that you treat them as confidential. I think you know my e-mail address.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 pm

thekohser wrote:
TungstenCarbide wrote:what's the story on her (i'd rather swallow razorblades than read through all the article revs/ANIs/AFDs/attack blogs ... ) It seems that someone doesn't liker her very much, for some reason.
If you want, e-mail me, and I'll disclose a few items to you, on condition that you treat them as confidential. I think you know my e-mail address.
thanks Greg.

OK, this is what I took from the AFD page;
According to DC and Youreallycan, Fasttimes68 (T-C-L) has written nasty attack blogs against the bio's subject, makes personal attacks, doesn't even try to appear neutral, and has been editing her Wikipedia biography for over three years ... and 'the powers that be' haven't lifted a finger to stop him, despite previous calls for a topic ban.

Is that about right?
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:25 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote: ... and 'the powers that be' haven't lifted a finger to stop him, despite previous calls for a topic ban.

Is that about right?
That's about right. As best as I can figure, because Fasttimes knows all of the Wikipediot acronyms and policies, he maintains the upper hand in using Wikipedia as a defamation engine.

It's a similar story of how Bill Huffman (User:Tallmagic) used to savagely attack Derek Smart all over Wikipedia, even using numerous sockpuppets to make his defamation look like "consensus". You'd think that such a creep as Tallmagic would be easy to throw off Wikipedia, but because he was protected by WP administrator Orlady, it took a vigorously-researched complaint by our own Cla68 to finally back Huffman into a corner. His punishment? That he could only edit Wikipedia any more with a single account. Instead of accepting that punishment, Huffman cried his eyes out and "quit" Wikipedia. (Translation: He pretended to quit, but probably came back within days with a new army of sockpuppets.)
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 pm

thekohser wrote:It's a similar story of how Bill Huffman (User:Tallmagic) used to savagely attack Derek Smart all over Wikipedia, even using numerous sockpuppets to make his defamation look like "consensus". You'd think that such a creep as Tallmagic would be easy to throw off Wikipedia, but because he was protected by WP administrator Orlady, it took a vigorously-researched complaint by our own Cla68 to finally back Huffman into a corner. His punishment? That he could only edit Wikipedia any more with a single account. Instead of accepting that punishment, Huffman cried his eyes out and "quit" Wikipedia. (Translation: He pretended to quit, but probably came back within days with a new army of sockpuppets.)
Wildcard999, for example.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =483734669

Cla68
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Cla68

Unread post by Cla68 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:26 am

EricBarbour wrote:
thekohser wrote:It's a similar story of how Bill Huffman (User:Tallmagic) used to savagely attack Derek Smart all over Wikipedia, even using numerous sockpuppets to make his defamation look like "consensus". You'd think that such a creep as Tallmagic would be easy to throw off Wikipedia, but because he was protected by WP administrator Orlady, it took a vigorously-researched complaint by our own Cla68 to finally back Huffman into a corner. His punishment? That he could only edit Wikipedia any more with a single account. Instead of accepting that punishment, Huffman cried his eyes out and "quit" Wikipedia. (Translation: He pretended to quit, but probably came back within days with a new army of sockpuppets.)
Wildcard999, for example.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =483734669
There's a lot of monkey business surrounding that Huffman/Smart/Orlady issue which probably deserves its own thread.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 am

Cla68 wrote:There's a lot of monkey business surrounding that Huffman/Smart/Orlady issue which probably deserves its own thread.
Agreed. I wanted to out her, but the others think that would be "inappropriate". Personally I think her employers deserve to know what kind of crap she's up to all day long.

There's no way to know how many stories there are like this on en-wiki. It's impossible to even develop statistics. Pages disappear, diffs disappear, etc.
FT2, Gerard, and Raul have pulled all kinds of crap since 2005, and left no traces of most of it.

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:48 pm

And now Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Stephanie Adams (3rd nomination) (T-H-L) has been closed, and by NYB himself, no less, with an invitation to submit informations to arbcom:
The result was procedurally closed without a result. There is evidence of major problems with user conduct surrounding this AfD and the Stephanie Adams article, to the point that the integrity of this AfD discussion has been irreparably compromised. There are also allegations of significant off-wiki misconduct by one or more editors who have participated in this discussion. As such, I am closing this AfD without a result so the entire situation can be investigated. Anyone with evidence concerning off-wiki misconduct by editors on this article or AfD should please forward it to the Arbitration Committee. If editors without any connection, either positive or negative, with the article subject wish to pursue deletion of this article, they can do so later on after the current concerns are resolved. Newyorkbrad (talk) 13:58, 8 August 2012 (UTC)

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Here is NYB explaining himself further at Fluffernutter (T-C-L)'s talk page.
There are some significant problems surrounding user conduct at this article, some of which have come to the Arbitration Committee's attention. It might be best if everyone stepped away from editing this article for a few days, until it is a little more clear what has been going on. Regards, [[User:Newyorkbrad|Newyorkbrad]] ([[User talk:Newyorkbrad|talk]]) 13:52, 8 August 2012 (UTC)

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm

And here's the whole thing raging at COIN as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... anie_Adams (sorry for the decaying link; I'm not sure how to do it before they're archived)

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:28 pm

This has been a battleground article. As i recall, it started as a COI-generated fluff piece, got stuffed with disparaging content, and the battle was on. The subject got banned off WP early in the process.

Her notability is borderline, at best, and I still think the best solution here would be to blow the mother away and be done with it. But I'm out of step with consensus on that, clearly.

RfB

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Sweet Revenge wrote:And here's the whole thing raging at COIN as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... anie_Adams (sorry for the decaying link; I'm not sure how to do it before they're archived)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... anie_Adams
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Sounds like Brad is hoping he'll get to meet a Playboy model.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:07 pm

And it sounds like Fasttimes68 is now blocked.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 pm

thekohser wrote:And it sounds like Fasttimes68 is now blocked.
Gee, it only took them THREE AND A HALF YEARS to realize that their "Magicalpedia" was being used to defame someone. Over and over and over.
It was pointed out on WR, as well. LAST YEAR.

Well, Ira? Are you going to thank WR and WPocracy for helping you do your job? :D

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
thekohser wrote:And it sounds like Fasttimes68 is now blocked.
Gee, it only took them THREE AND A HALF YEARS to realize that their "Magicalpedia" was being used to defame someone. Over and over and over.
It was pointed out on WR, as well. LAST YEAR.

Well, Ira? Are you going to thank WR and WPocracy for helping you do your job? :D
Maybe y'all can get a microgrant from Casliber to help fund hosting and so forth.

Cla68
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Cla68

Unread post by Cla68 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:37 am

Sweet Revenge wrote:And here's the whole thing raging at COIN as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... anie_Adams (sorry for the decaying link; I'm not sure how to do it before they're archived)
You go into the the page history tab, click on the latest date, then click on that section's heading from the table of contents.