Deleted by Jimbo

Jimbowatcher's paradise
Ogajur
Contributor
kołdry

Re: Deleted by Jimbo

Unread post by Ogajur » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Why do you consider that difficult for him to navigate? He's always been very firmly against it and based on everything we know he would have strongly supported firing her, etc.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Not so much "deleted" by Jimbo, as "silenced" by Jimbo or "shunned" by Jimbo. You won't apologize to me? Never cross my path again!

Jimbo's constitution lately seems to be constructed of delicate, paper-thin crystal. He is such a precious flower.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Jesus.

Jimmy's such a petulant child.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:04 pm

I don't understand why he's being so petulant over the Slater photo. Why is he so invested in stomping on Slater? Surely it can't merely be that he doesn't want to have to apologize.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:06 pm

This is the bit he can't handle:
lilburne wrote:You should understand what a simile and hyperbole are and how they work to make the rhetorical point that your mockery of Slater's situation in London was encouragement to cultural expropriators everywhere, and his subsequent online bullying.
because he realises it's true, and that he made a total arse of himself with that grotesque display at Wikimania.
Jimbo wrote:As it happens, I tend to agree with Newyorkbrad's position on the matter, but of course I didn't talk about that at all.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Kelly Martin wrote:I don't understand why he's being so petulant over the Slater photo. Why is he so invested in stomping on Slater? Surely it can't merely be that he doesn't want to have to apologize.
For a narcissist, pointing out that they're wrong is tantamount to assault.

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:33 pm

No one has ever been so cruel to me. I'm totally devastated.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

JCM
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: John Carter

Unread post by JCM » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 pm

DanMurphy wrote:
Kelly Martin wrote:I don't understand why he's being so petulant over the Slater photo. Why is he so invested in stomping on Slater? Surely it can't merely be that he doesn't want to have to apologize.
For a narcissist, pointing out that they're wrong is tantamount to assault.
Of course, he could also say that his own personal apology might be seen by some as being, effectively, an apology on the behalf of the WMF and its editors, and that he isn't in a position to do that, nor would he be authorized to do so. And all that would be true. I myself don't think that is even remotely the real case here, and that he certainly could apologize for some of his own conduct as seen in photos from the wikimania on a strictly personal basis, but I don't think he will do that. Like I said before, he is a self-described objectivist of the Ayn Rand The Fountainhead (T-H-L) type, and if there is a distinction between that and pure narcissism it is probably a rather fine one.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:58 pm

lilburne wrote:No one has ever been so cruel to me. I'm totally devastated.
:grouphug:

That did not appear to be either thoughtful or loving.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:38 am

Vigilant wrote:

You've now been censored too.
This is not a signature.

lilburne
Habitué

Unread post by lilburne » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

I noticed. Seems some kind stranger has deigned wipe away his tears and the snot from his nose.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm

lilburne wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

I noticed. Seems some kind stranger has deigned wipe away his tears and the snot from his nose.
That was 5 albert square (T-C-L), an admin who seems to spend a lot of time reverting edits on "soap opera" articles, "fixing" Jimmy's birthday and blocking users with names like "Fred's Autoparts" who create articles with names like "Fred's Autoparts" or put such content on their userpages, because they don't know any better, and there is no "induction" procedure or "landing page" which explains this to them.

What did you say that was so heinous?

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:23 pm

Jim wrote:
lilburne wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

That was 5 albert square (T-C-L), an admin who seems to spend a lot of time reverting edits on "soap opera" articles, "fixing" Jimmy's birthday and blocking users with names like "Fred's Autoparts" who create articles with names like "Fred's Autoparts" or put such content on their userpages, because they don't know any better, and there is no "induction" procedure or "landing page" which explains this to them.

What did you say that was so heinous?
He told Wales that whining about being compared to a Dickens character while stealing from photographers was unseemly.
This user has been identified as an Awesome Wikipedian and was awarded their own day.
Always the mark of a true guardian of the "temple of the mind."

And this speaks for itself:
My favourite actors are Alan Fletcher aka Dr Karl Kennedy (Neighbours) and John Partridge aka Christian Clarke in EastEnders.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:35 pm

I confess that I enjoyed this. :dry:
Wouldn't Fagin be the better comparison? He lives off the poorly compensated labour of others, exploits children, is careful of his reputation and encourages theft. Wales makes his living from the unpaid or poorly paid labour of others including children. Is careful to encourage claims that he is the co-founder of Wikipedia so that he can give lectures where he is overcompensated due to people's misunderstanding of the roles of others including Fagin. And as one of those involved in last year's Wikimania he was responsible for the prominent display of the stolen photograph and had himself photographed pulling a face as a way of taunting Slater. Fagin also consorted with murderers whilst Wales consorts with murderous regimes.--92.238.57.40 (talk) 00:36, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
5 albert square (T-C-L) must have missed that one. Probably rushing off to avert a crisis at The Queen Vic (T-H-L). An admin's work is never done.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Jim wrote:I confess that I enjoyed this. :dry:
Wouldn't Fagin be the better comparison? He lives off the poorly compensated labour of others, exploits children, is careful of his reputation and encourages theft. Wales makes his living from the unpaid or poorly paid labour of others including children. Is careful to encourage claims that he is the co-founder of Wikipedia so that he can give lectures where he is overcompensated due to people's misunderstanding of the roles of others including Fagin. And as one of those involved in last year's Wikimania he was responsible for the prominent display of the stolen photograph and had himself photographed pulling a face as a way of taunting Slater. Fagin also consorted with murderers whilst Wales consorts with murderous regimes.--92.238.57.40 (talk) 00:36, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
5 albert square (T-C-L) must have missed that one. Probably rushing off to avert a crisis at The Queen Vic (T-H-L). An admin's work is never done.
My connections with the author of the above mean that I can tell you that "co-founder" was meant to be "sole founder" and the second "Fagin" is meant to be "Sanger", but correcting this might draw the attention of admins who name their accounts after the addresses of a fictional used car salesmen.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:32 pm

eppur si muove wrote:
Jim wrote:I confess that I enjoyed this. :dry:
My connections with the author of the above mean that I can tell you that "co-founder" was meant to be "sole founder" and the second "Fagin" is meant to be "Sanger", but correcting this might draw the attention of admins who name their accounts after the addresses of a fictional used car salesmen.
Fixed. I hate typos.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Jim wrote:Fixed. I hate typos.
And as lilburne points out, he'd already cast the WMF as Fagin.
Anyway, regardless of all that - damn good analogy.

lilburne
Habitué

Unread post by lilburne » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:40 pm

One should remember that they feted the now Globally Banned Dcoetzee (T-C-L) when he was purloining files from the NPG, Jimmy Wailed when O'Dyer was caught making £1000s each month from the TVShack larceny, they were comfortable taking $500,000 from criminals, such as Jimmy's good friend Serge Brin. Least anyone still thinks that was about cheap life saving cancer treatments, or something like that, the drugs in question were Human Growth Hormon, Anabolic Steroids, and chemical abortions.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Not at all "deleted by Jimbo", but certainly deleted by a JimboTalk henchman.

Regarding the NYPD editing WP articles related to itself, Jimbo said:
Sure - I condem (sic) such editing and I'm happy when people get caught doing it. In this case, as far as I've seen so far, they were reverted very quickly anyway. It seems unlikely that this would have been an officially ordered act - probably just some employee doing something silly.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 07:48, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
Someone then asked if Jimbo would similarly condemn silly edits made from an IP address owned by the Wikimedia Foundation.

Not too long after that, User:Gamaliel (T-C-L) made the offensive WMF edit disappear from public view.

Good thing there was a photographic record of the misdeeds of the WMF-owned IP address, 208.80.154.52 (T-C-L):

"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:50 pm

thekohser wrote:Someone then asked if Jimbo would similarly condemn silly edits made from an IP address owned by the Wikimedia Foundation.

Not too long after that, User:Gamaliel (T-C-L) made the offensive WMF edit disappear from public view.
And why doesn't the pudgy little bastard hide other defamatory edits made during that 6 January 2012 editwar? Well, they don't count, because they weren't made by a WMF employee!

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:48 pm

We discussed similar cases two years ago.

Kevin Morris, The Daily Dot, Apr 23, 2013: Wikipedia says its staffers are not vandalizing Wikipedia
[...] according to Walsh, wires crossed within Wikipedia, so that when someone tried to make an anonymous change, the encyclopedia recorded the IP address of the secure server they were using to make the edit.

"That instance of the issue has since been fixed," Walsh added. "But there may still be rare circumstances under which this does occur."

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:05 pm

HRIP7 wrote:We discussed similar cases two years ago.

Kevin Morris, The Daily Dot, Apr 23, 2013: Wikipedia says its staffers are not vandalizing Wikipedia
[...] according to Walsh, wires crossed within Wikipedia, so that when someone tried to make an anonymous change, the encyclopedia recorded the IP address of the secure server they were using to make the edit.

"That instance of the issue has since been fixed," Walsh added. "But there may still be rare circumstances under which this does occur."
My point exactly -- so how does everyone know for certain that the NYPD edits were made by an NYPD employee?

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:50 pm

A "futile campaign", hidden from ready view by a Jimbo minion.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Jim wrote:This is the bit he can't handle:
lilburne wrote:You should understand what a simile and hyperbole are and how they work to make the rhetorical point that your mockery of Slater's situation in London was encouragement to cultural expropriators everywhere, and his subsequent online bullying.
because he realises it's true, and that he made a total arse of himself with that grotesque display at Wikimania.
Jimbo wrote:As it happens, I tend to agree with Newyorkbrad's position on the matter, but of course I didn't talk about that at all.
It's interesting that these edits have been removed from public view. Probably hiding evidence from Slater's attorneys.

AnimuAvatar
Critic

Unread post by AnimuAvatar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:08 pm

thekohser wrote:
Jim wrote:This is the bit he can't handle:
It's interesting that these edits have been removed from public view. Probably hiding evidence from Slater's attorneys.
Who the heck is 5 albert square (T-C-L)? I swear I've seen him around but I don't really know much. I ask since he's the one who hid all the diffs https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... n_lilburne. (I'd archive that page but archive.is throws a server error whenever I try to archive something)
>greentext
>on a Wikipedia criticism board
ishygddt

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 pm

AnimuAvatar wrote: Who the heck is 5 albert square (T-C-L)? I swear I've seen him around but I don't really know much. I ask since he's the one who hid all the diffs https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... n_lilburne. (I'd archive that page but archive.is throws a server error whenever I try to archive something)
She's a Brit and a fan of Eastenders.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:48 pm

What I thought had evolved into a fairly productive and thoughtful conversation, poof!

Jimbo deleted on account of the first post being an "insincere question".

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:26 pm

This is an oldie but a goodie. Combines Quora and Kazakhstan.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:52 am

thekohser wrote:This is an oldie but a goodie. Combines Quora and Kazakhstan.
The Devil's Adocate wrote:Quora use with regards to Kazakhstan controversy
Do you believe it is appropriate to use a Q&A service such as Quora for the purpose of public relations efforts?
You asked a question about yourself in response to criticism regarding the Kazakh Wikipedia, answered your own question, and then apparently promoted this self-serving question and answer to thousands of other Quora users by using your Quora credits.
The policies for questions on that site would seem to prohibit asking questions for the purpose of releasing statements in a public relations campaign and promoting such statements to thousands of users could be seen as spamming in violation of the site's terms of service.
Did you ask the Quora staff if your actions complied with the site's policies?
--The Devil's Advocate tlk. cntrb. 3:18 pm, 3 January 2013, Thursday (2 years, 10 months, 8 days ago) (UTC−8)

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:10 pm

Jimmy has decided that he can get himself a notch higher up the ladder toward that Nobel Peace Prize if he wrings his hands and calls for the release of Bassel Khartabil. When someone asks him about how the Wikimedia Foundation accepted at least $100,000 from the Qatar Foundation which supports clerics who would further destabilize Syria with their blessings of ISIS, the message was given 4 hours of life, then poof! -- rm trolling.

Cla68
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Cla68

Unread post by Cla68 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:17 pm

He never fails to disappoint.

And some comedy gold here.

Demonology
Critic
Actual Name: Beatrix

Unread post by Demonology » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:57 am

Cla68 wrote:He never fails to disappoint.

And some comedy gold here.
Shut down for characterizing it as "comedy gold", by a non-admin per newyorkbrad: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... a_WP_admin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... iscussions
"Aurora borealis?? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen?!"

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Considering the number of deletions by Jimbo that are documented in this thread, it seems germane to point out a recent comment made by Jimbo:
Intimidation about speaking up is a terrible and perverse thing to happen in any organization. If that's a feeling that the organization has had, I want to put forward the idea that it's over.

How can this hypocrite triumphantly announce that he will stamp out "intimidation about speaking up", when he has been one of the chief purveyors of that practice over the years?

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:52 am

Thou shalt not mock how Wikipedia handled GamerGate. Poof!

Silent Editor
Regular
Wikipedia Review Member: Silent Editor

Unread post by Silent Editor » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:10 am

thekohser wrote:Thou shalt not mock how Wikipedia handled GamerGate. Poof!
The surprising part is that Jimbo beat Smallbones to it.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:48 am

Some IP from Stuart, Florida -- poof!

Soldado Sin Nombre
Critic
Wikipedia User: Joder Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Member: Soldado sin Nombre
Actual Name: Te dije que tengo nombre

Unread post by Soldado Sin Nombre » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:20 pm

thekohser wrote:Some IP from Stuart, Florida -- poof!
That is just so strange. It's almost like Stalin. He doesn't even want trace memories of you to exist, Mr. Kohs. I think he'd even take out the difference between revisions if he could. Presumably a public figure is going to have his/her fair share of detractors. If you can't tolerate that, then why become a public figure? Sandra Bullock has weirdos breaking into her home and sleeping in her bed. Surely, Jimmy here can handle his much smaller share of fame better than Miss Congeniality?

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Soldado Sin Nombre wrote:Sandra Bullock has weirdos breaking into her home and sleeping in her bed.
In Jimbo's case, Rachel Marsden didn't even have to break in.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Soldado Sin Nombre wrote:That is just so strange. It's almost like Stalin. He doesn't even want trace memories of you to exist, Mr. Kohs. I think he'd even take out the difference between revisions if he could. Presumably a public figure is going to have his/her fair share of detractors. If you can't tolerate that, then why become a public figure? Sandra Bullock has weirdos breaking into her home and sleeping in her bed. Surely, Jimmy here can handle his much smaller share of fame better than Miss Congeniality?
Jimbo's behavior is exactly how narcissists respond to anyone who questions their greatness.

Jimbo is just a somewhat less successful version of Donald Trump. If you are ever confused by a Jimbo behavior, ask yourself "How would Donald Trump respond to this situation?" and the answer will be obvious.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Jimbo had the not-so-brilliant idea of placing a banner to American users of Wikipedia, to get out the vote. The idea was shot down, for the most part, by intelligent editors. (Idiots like Jytdog were in support.)

Anyway, when a user with nearly a year's experience on Wikipedia pointed out that as recently as 2012, Jimmy himself wasn't even registered to vote, that gets deleted by Jimbo as "stalker"... poof!

Cedric
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Edeans
Wikipedia Review Member: Cedric
Actual Name: Eddie Singleton

Unread post by Cedric » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:46 pm

thekohser wrote:Jimbo had the not-so-brilliant idea of placing a banner to American users of Wikipedia, to get out the vote. The idea was shot down, for the most part, by intelligent editors. (Idiots like Jytdog were in support.)

Anyway, when a user with nearly a year's experience on Wikipedia pointed out that as recently as 2012, Jimmy himself wasn't even registered to vote, that gets deleted by Jimbo as "stalker"... poof!
The "stalker" failed to mention that Jimbo hasn't resided in the US for several years now, in addition to deliberately choosing not to register before he left.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Cedric wrote:The "stalker" failed to mention that Jimbo hasn't resided in the US for several years now, in addition to deliberately choosing not to register before he left.
Very wise. That would have earned him a Jimbo ban as an alleged sock of someone.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Uncomfortable questions about Wikia's site revenue practices?

Poof! Make it disappear.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Rogol Domedonfors

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:47 am

An IP in Hong Kong wrote:Jimbo, how much money has the Wikimedia Endowment raised so far? Where are you publishing the investment returns achieved?
Jimbo wrote:I will be having a catch-up with staff soon, and I'll let you know an update then. Ask around September 13th.
He's a trustee of the Foundation and of the Endowment. But he has no idea how much money there is in the Endowment, and won't have for months, and can't be bothered to send off an email to find out this thing he ought to know. And he has no idea what he and his fellow trustees decided about transparency. That's -- surprising.

Prediction: This question will never be answered.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:
An IP in Hong Kong wrote:Jimbo, how much money has the Wikimedia Endowment raised so far? Where are you publishing the investment returns achieved?
Jimbo wrote:I will be having a catch-up with staff soon, and I'll let you know an update then. Ask around September 13th.
He's a trustee of the Foundation and of the Endowment. But he has no idea how much money there is in the Endowment, and won't have for months, and can't be bothered to send off an email to find out this thing he ought to know. And he has no idea what he and his fellow trustees decided about transparency. That's -- surprising.

Prediction: This question will never be answered.
:offtopic: He hasn't deleted it, just kicked it into the long grass.