First of Avril

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Rogol Domedonfors

First of Avril

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 pm

A WMF blog Vitor Mazuco and the fandom that drives his Wikipedia editing praises a Portuguese editor: "Vitor Mazuco has made over 270,000 edits and created more than 2,400 articles. 34 have been noted by fellow editors for their quality—and in turn, most of those are about the Canadian singer and songwriter Avril Lavigne". Yes, there is a splendid article with 439 references and a template linking to a plethora of articles on this notable entertainer. Is this really the summit of achievement for the project?

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Re: First of Avril

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm sure that we can all think of far less worthy topics for major articles and portals. Some of them already have major articles and portals.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:27 pm

This story will take on a darker cast when Avril goes missing and is later found roped and gagged in Vitor's basement, as he's led away by police.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm

thekohser wrote:This story will take on a darker cast when Avril goes missing and is later found roped and gagged in Vitor's basement, as he's led away by police.
It's been done.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Rogol Domedonfors

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Poetlister wrote:I'm sure that we can all think of far less worthy topics for major articles and portals. Some of them already have major articles and portals.
I agree. But this is an example of how the WMF chooses to present Wikipedia to the world.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Someone who apparently didn't want to post here (but is a recently returned member) said this elsewhere:
So I checked over there today and the old codgers are fantasizing about tying up Avril Lavigne.

Seriously, their judgement is so whacked. Kohs said something about roping and gagging her in a basement, and Poetlister posted a pic of her tied to a chain link fence.

Idiots. That site is not worth anyone's time.

...(then after someone points out to him that my point was quite understandable)...

Kohs is dumb.

But maybe I'm biased because I love Avril Lavigne.
Auggie, any time you want to publicly take an IQ test versus me, I'm happy to show you how dumb I am, relative to you. I don't understand why you're pining to be included here, if all you're really interested in is jumping from one new Wikipediocracy knock-off site to another, mouthing off about how stupid we are here.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:36 pm

I suggest that Auggie has a certain deficiency of sense of humour. Of course, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Auggie's outspoken and wry, that much is true. Auggie, read us a bit more carefully. Post here if we create something distasteful. There's even a handy 'Report this post' button. It shows mods and admins a flag on topics.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing