Is Wikpedia up to date on Russian Daylight Saving Time?

Wonderer
Regular
kołdry
Actual Name: Robert Soupe

Is Wikpedia up to date on Russian Daylight Saving Time?

Unread post by Wonderer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 am

Here in most of the United States, we're getting ready for Daylight Saving Time (DST) to begin on Sunday. Thanks to Putin's puppet, I'm wondering, does Russia observe some form of DST? I put the question to Google, which offers up as the answer this excerpt from Time in Russia (T-H-L):
On 8 February 2011, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev issued a decree that Russia would observe year-round DST. Under the decree, all clocks in Russia were advanced one hour on 27 March 2011 as usual, but are not to change back the following October, effectively making Moscow Time UTC+4 permanently.
(Emphases not mine).

If Trump trusts Wikipedia, he might get confused and call his Master in the Kremlin at the wrong time. It is therefore Wikipedia's patriotic duty to get the Time in Russia article corrected and up to date.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Re: Is Wikpedia up to date on Russian Daylight Saving Time?

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:59 pm

I believe that this is correct. It's good to know that Wikipedia is correct sometimes. :)
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Wonderer
Regular
Actual Name: Robert Soupe

Re: Is Wikpedia up to date on Russian Daylight Saving Time?

Unread post by Wonderer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 am

I missed this line the first time around:
On 26 July 2014, the law was abolished and clocks turned back on 26 October 2014.[5]
By the way, Sethdecastro1 (T-C-L) has been very busy on this article of late, seems to be mostly concerned about the year 1880.