kołdry
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Reguyla global lock

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:54 am

Code: Select all

00:14, 30 April 2016 Az1568 (talk | contribs) changed block settings for Reguyla (talk | contribs) with an expiration time of infinite (account creation disabled, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page) (Per global block: Re-block for abuse of emailuser feature. Blatant refusal to follow Meta-wiki policy as posted on WM:URB, and using Meta as their personal soapbox despite repeated warnings not to do so.) 
 23:56, 29 April 2016 Ajraddatz (talk | contribs) changed group membership for Reguyla from autopatroller to (none) (locked) 
 22:31, 29 April 2016 Az1568 (talk | contribs) changed block settings for Reguyla (talk | contribs) with an expiration time of 2 weeks (account creation disabled, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page) (Re-block for abuse of emailuser feature. Blatant refusal to follow Meta-wiki policy as posted on WM:URB, and using Meta as their personal soapbox despite repeated warnings not to do so.) 

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Re: Reguyla global lock

Unread post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:14 am

It was only a matter of time. In fairness I provoked that one. I'm tired of the abusive bullshit on the WMF projects and there is no desire to change the culture.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 am

Free Kumioko!

Quincy
Contributor

Unread post by Quincy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:51 am

The Garbage Scow wrote:Free Kumioko!
He is free... from Wikipedia. :^)

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:36 am

Kumioko wrote:It was only a matter of time. In fairness I provoked that one.
:applause:
Have you admitted deserving any blocks before?
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:04 am

Moral Hazard wrote:
Kumioko wrote:It was only a matter of time. In fairness I provoked that one.
:applause:
Have you admitted deserving any blocks before?
Blocks yes, bans no.

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:11 am

There's no such thing as a "permanent ban" as long as Kumioko is alive and able to use TOR and other tricks to stay in the game. It only works if he agrees to it. Wikipedia will never learn.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: I AM your guilty pleasure
Actual Name: Written addiction

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:18 am

The Joy wrote:There's no such thing as a "permanent ban" as long as Kumioko is alive and able to use TOR and other tricks to stay in the game. It only works if he agrees to it. Wikipedia He will never learn.
FTFY
"Snowflakes around the world are laughing at your low melting temperature."

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:30 am

The Joy wrote:There's no such thing as a "permanent ban" as long as Kumioko is alive and able to use TOR and other tricks to stay in the game. It only works if he agrees to it. Wikipedia will never learn.
You are precisely right . They can have me using a known account or have me using dozens of others in secret.

I already created something like 200 alternate accounts (thruth be known I have no idea how many), not counting the ones that I was accused of that aren't even mine. Some were blamed on others, some were just blocked without stating who they belonged too. I still have at least 20 that no one even knows about yet without having to create any more. Some of them have been seasoning for months because I was anticipating this happening eventually.

Since my account was reblocked after the community unban and especially since it was reblocked after WTT unblocked me I have known it was never going to be unblocked. Now I just got tired of fighting a losing battle with a few people who want to claim a consensus and a community that doesn't have the courage to stand up to abusive bullies.

Now I am much more likely however to just troll them now and be a dick than do positive edits since positive contributors aren't wanted. My edit patterns are pretty well known (US topics Medal of Honor recipients, admin abuse and my ban). It's not that hard to make it look like I am editing from Australia about Wallabies and Coober Pedy; in Canada editing about the US immigration invasion or Great Britain with an interest in International Football players. It's possible I already have!

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 am

Now here's something kinda funny:
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

Your IP address has been blocked on all wikis.

The block was made by Ajraddatz (meta.wikimedia.org). The reason given is Cross-wiki abuse.

Start of block: 23:50, 29 April 2016
Expiry of block: 23:50, 29 July 2016

Your current IP address is 108.XX.XXX.XX. Please include all above details in any queries you make.

If you believe you were blocked by mistake, you can find additional information and instructions in the No open proxies global policy. Otherwise, to discuss the block please post a request for review on Meta-Wiki.
If an IP is blocked on all Wikis, regardless of who it is, how are they going to post on Meta Wiki? Maybe they should replace that with "contact the Stewards at stewards@wikimedia.org" instead.

Textnyymi
Gregarious
Wikipedia Review Member: Text
Actual Name: Anonyymi

Unread post by Textnyymi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I already got sent to SPI today and accused as another user. Maybe the comment above about editing as a Canadian will tip them off.

Sparky
Critic

Unread post by Sparky » Sun May 01, 2016 2:28 am

Congratulations to the Wikipedia version of a Sovereign Citizen.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Mon May 02, 2016 1:46 am

Kumioko wrote:
The Joy wrote:There's no such thing as a "permanent ban" as long as Kumioko is alive and able to use TOR and other tricks to stay in the game. It only works if he agrees to it. Wikipedia will never learn.
You are precisely right . They can have me using a known account or have me using dozens of others in secret.

I already created something like 200 alternate accounts (thruth be known I have no idea how many), not counting the ones that I was accused of that aren't even mine. Some were blamed on others, some were just blocked without stating who they belonged too. I still have at least 20 that no one even knows about yet without having to create any more. Some of them have been seasoning for months because I was anticipating this happening eventually.

Since my account was reblocked after the community unban and especially since it was reblocked after WTT unblocked me I have known it was never going to be unblocked. Now I just got tired of fighting a losing battle with a few people who want to claim a consensus and a community that doesn't have the courage to stand up to abusive bullies.

Now I am much more likely however to just troll them now and be a dick than do positive edits since positive contributors aren't wanted. My edit patterns are pretty well known (US topics Medal of Honor recipients, admin abuse and my ban). It's not that hard to make it look like I am editing from Australia about Wallabies and Coober Pedy; in Canada editing about the US immigration invasion or Great Britain with an interest in International Football players. It's possible I already have!
I just don't see your endgame. I've seen this strategy without a plan before countless times and I've never understood it. It's like Don Quixote or Kahn from Star Trek. The result is usually just drama, but the drama passes and nothing changes.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Mon May 02, 2016 2:09 am

The Joy wrote:
Kumioko wrote:

I just don't see your endgame. I've seen this strategy without a plan before countless times and I've never understood it. It's like Don Quixote or Kahn from Star Trek. The result is usually just drama, but the drama passes and nothing changes.
Sometimes the banzai charge is all that's left to you to maintain your sense of self-respect. If you know you're right, that's really all that matters inside.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Mon May 02, 2016 2:14 am

The Garbage Scow wrote:
The Joy wrote:
Kumioko wrote:

Sometimes the banzai charge is all that's left to you to maintain your sense of self-respect. If you know you're right, that's really all that matters inside.
A one-man banzai charge.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 2:20 am

Pretty much right. My personal situation was based solely on retaliation from admins and their supporters for criticizing corrupt and abusive admin conduct. If neither the community nor the WMF want to do anything about the abusive admins on the site retaliating and violating policy to get rid of editors, then there really isn't much I can do except watch the site crash. Honestly, with what I have seen and been subjected too, why would I want to participate in the project? Why would anyone? But now that I am globally blocked, the gloves can come off. They no longer have anything to hold over my head and there is no hope of returning. So there is nothing they can use to blackmail me into submission.

There is no doubt that Wikipedia will go on without any individual including me, but those individuals add up. When you start systematically finding reasons to ban or sanction all of the top editors, degrade the editing environment, etc. Then eventually there won't be enough people to support it. I really think that is coming pretty fast. It might be a couple years, but it's coming.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 2:25 am

Speaking of taking the gloves off, did everyone know that Floquenbeam (T-C-L) is an unreported sock account of another user named Lawrence Cohen (T-C-L)? Aren't alternate accounts supposed to be reported or at least mentioned in some way that they had another username and abandoned it?
In fact, Arbs and functionaries are required to mention they have previous accounts. I don't remember seeing anything on his Arbitration run about having a former account (not even a mention that there was a former account and it was abandoned).
Last edited by Kumioko on Mon May 02, 2016 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kingsindian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kingsindian

Unread post by Kingsindian » Mon May 02, 2016 2:30 am

I have no idea whether the allegation is true, but it's not necessarily true that sock accounts have to be reported. It seems to me that they took the "right to vanish" option, closed their old account and moved to the new account. It doesn't count as socking, since they aren't using two different unreported accounts at the same time.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 2:36 am

Kingsindian wrote:I have no idea whether the allegation is true, but it's not necessarily true that sock accounts have to be reported. It seems to me that they took the "right to vanish" option, closed their old account and moved to the new account. It doesn't count as socking, since they aren't using two different unreported accounts at the same time.
Well, if that's the case, that it doesn't count as a sock as long as the accounts aren't used at the same time then none of my alternate accounts are socks either. I only used them one at a time and abandoned them after each was blocked. I never used 2 or more at the same time.

According to the election rules at Wikipedia:Arbitration Committee Elections December 2013 (T-H-L):
(iv) has disclosed any previous or alternate accounts in their election statements (legitimate accounts which have been declared to the Arbitration Committee before the close of nominations do not need to be publicly disclosed).
One correction. He did mention there was a previous account that was abandoned for privacy reasons. So I was wrong on that although I do disagree a bit with his assessment there were no skeletons.

I suspect his failed RFA at Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Lawrence Cohen (T-C-L) immediately before he left had a lot to do with his decision to change his username. A lot of people cited his temperament and tendency towards drama. A trend that has continued to this day.

Kingsindian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kingsindian

Unread post by Kingsindian » Mon May 02, 2016 3:21 am

Look, you know what I meant, no need to be pedantic. Closing an account with no sanctions active and moving to a new account legitimately is not socking. I don't see anything nefarious here.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 3:34 am

Kingsindian wrote:Look, you know what I meant, no need to be pedantic. Closing an account with no sanctions active and moving to a new account legitimately is not socking. I don't see anything nefarious here.
Sorry if you thought I was being pedantic. That wasn't my intention so I apologize if you got that impression.

I admit that normally it wouldn't be such a big deal to switch accounts for privacy reasons. I just think in this case it was more because his RFA failed because people realized he was an Ahole and he knew his best course of action would be to change his account. I have no doubt that there were privacy issues involved, I would never advocate using a real name unless I had too. I haven't been very secretive about who I am IRL and a lot of people know, but that's different than being able to Google because it's associated to Wikipedia.

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 am

Quick, let me find my tiny violin....

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon May 02, 2016 3:54 am

Kumioko wrote:Speaking of taking the gloves off, did everyone know that Floquenbeam (T-C-L) is an unreported sock account of another user named Lawrence Cohen (T-C-L)?
viewtopic.php?p=79142#p79142
Alsion wrote:Ok, lemme just say that Lawrence Cohen isn't Floquenbeam. I know who Floquenbeam is in RL, and I know his previous account name.
Please try to keep up. That was two years ago.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Mon May 02, 2016 10:14 am

Kumioko wrote:Now If an IP is blocked on all Wikis, regardless of who it is, how are they going to post on Meta Wiki? Maybe they should replace that with "contact the Stewards at stewards@wikimedia.org" instead.
A perfect example of the braindead way that blocking messages are mismanaged.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 11:03 am

tarantino wrote:
Kumioko wrote:Speaking of taking the gloves off, did everyone know that Floquenbeam (T-C-L) is an unreported sock account of another user named Lawrence Cohen (T-C-L)?
viewtopic.php?p=79142#p79142
Alsion wrote:Ok, lemme just say that Lawrence Cohen isn't Floquenbeam. I know who Floquenbeam is in RL, and I know his previous account name.
Please try to keep up. That was two years ago.
Thanks but if no one has access to that, then I really wouldn't have any way to read it.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am

Hex wrote:
Kumioko wrote:Now If an IP is blocked on all Wikis, regardless of who it is, how are they going to post on Meta Wiki? Maybe they should replace that with "contact the Stewards at stewards@wikimedia.org" instead.
A perfect example of the braindead way that blocking messages are mismanaged.
I just found another problem. If an account is globally locked there is no way to disenroll from mailing lists. You get an authentication error.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon May 02, 2016 11:41 am

Kumioko wrote:I just found another problem. If an account is globally locked there is no way to disenroll from mailing lists. You get an authentication error.
Most e-mail systems allow you to filter incoming messages so that selected ones are automatically deleted or moved to the spam folder.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Textnyymi
Gregarious

Unread post by Textnyymi » Mon May 02, 2016 12:28 pm

Your best course of action would be using many accounts and insert fake data in random pages on Wikipedia, and then uploading a plethora of copyrighted images to Commons. Be discrete and invisible. It all follows the "anyone can edit" pillar principle!

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Textnyymi wrote:Your best course of action would be using many accounts and insert fake data in random pages on Wikipedia, and then uploading a plethora of copyrighted images to Commons. Be discrete and invisible. It all follows the "anyone can edit" pillar principle!
Or I could just do a bulk upload of Flickr porn to Commons. I could upload about 10, 000 images probably before anyone even noticed.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Mon May 02, 2016 4:26 pm

[quote="Kumioko"][quote="Textnyymi"]Your best course of action would be using many accounts and insert fake data in random pages on Wikipedia, and then uploading a plethora of copyrighted images to Commons. Be discrete and invisible. It all follows the "anyone can edit" pillar principle![/quote]
Or I could just do a bulk upload of Flickr porn to Commons. I could upload about 10, 000 images probably before anyone even noticed.[/quote]

Yeah, but they love their porn at Commons, so you'd actually be rewarding them. Thousands of anonymous dick pics and more every day!
Last edited by The Garbage Scow on Mon May 02, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon May 02, 2016 4:28 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Kumioko wrote:
Textnyymi wrote:Your best course of action would be using many accounts and insert fake data in random pages on Wikipedia, and then uploading a plethora of copyrighted images to Commons. Be discrete and invisible. It all follows the "anyone can edit" pillar principle!
Or I could just do a bulk upload of Flickr porn to Commons. I could upload about 10, 000 images probably before anyone even noticed.
Yeah, but they love their porn at Commons, so you'd actually be rewarding them. Thousands of anonymous pick pics and more every day!
Join the Roads project and upload millions of nondescript photos that happen to have a road in them.
Label these new gems with incorrect road names and descriptions.
Object vehemently when anyone tries to delete or correct the caption information.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Vigilant wrote:
The Garbage Scow wrote:
Kumioko wrote:
Yeah, but they love their porn at Commons, so you'd actually be rewarding them. Thousands of anonymous pick pics and more every day!
Join the Roads project and upload millions of nondescript photos that happen to have a road in them.
Label these new gems with incorrect road names and descriptions.
Object vehemently when anyone tries to delete or correct the caption information.
I think I would rather dig the hair out of my arm with a fork than be a roady! The Roads/US Roads project is one of the biggest groups of POV pushers on the entire project, not to mention major assholes.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon May 02, 2016 5:20 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Kumioko wrote:
You certainly have a point there! I wonder how long it will be before someone realized a bunch of my old socks have easy passwords and start using them to vandalize stuff. It should be pretty easy now that the accounts are global. They could be blocked on one project and not on others.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Tue May 03, 2016 12:00 am

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Tue May 03, 2016 1:18 am

Haha, the password for that account was password. Someone had fun. You would think the Wikimedia software would require better passwords than that, I guess not.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Tue May 03, 2016 1:22 am

Jive Turkey Jones?? LOL

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Tue May 03, 2016 1:37 am

The Garbage Scow wrote:Jive Turkey Jones?? LOL
Truth be know I got the idea from the Captcha. That's actually how I came up with a lot of the ones I created. It came up and said JiveJones so I added the Turkey in the middle.

mendaliv
Habitué
Wikipedia User: mendaliv

Unread post by mendaliv » Tue May 03, 2016 1:45 am

Kumioko wrote:
And none of them would actually get deleted.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Tue May 03, 2016 3:46 am

mendaliv wrote:
Kumioko wrote:
Indeed. He should also work in the same areas as Russavia to make double sure of his invincibility. If people on Commons thinks he's Russavia, he'll never be blocked. Russavia might even get confused and believe he is Kumioko. What a weird world.

Hasten the day!

mendaliv
Habitué
Wikipedia User: mendaliv

Unread post by mendaliv » Tue May 03, 2016 10:26 am

The Joy wrote:
mendaliv wrote:
Kumioko wrote:
Indeed. He should also work in the same areas as Russavia to make double sure of his invincibility. If people on Commons thinks he's Russavia, he'll never be blocked. Russavia might even get confused and believe he is Kumioko. What a weird world.

Hasten the day!
Is this that part of the movie where everyone stands up at the same time and says "I am Spartacus"?
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am

The Joy wrote:
mendaliv wrote:
Kumioko wrote:

Hasten the day!
Actually this has happened on EnWP a few times. Some of the socks credited to him are from me and some credited to me are his.

Textnyymi
Gregarious

Unread post by Textnyymi » Tue May 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Actually this has happened on EnWP a few times. Some of the socks credited to him are from me and some credited to me are his.
Brace yourselves, the rebels are coming

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Tue May 03, 2016 4:10 pm

mendaliv wrote:
The Joy wrote:
mendaliv wrote:
Kumioko wrote:

Hasten the day!
Is this that part of the movie where everyone stands up at the same time and says "I am Spartacus"?
More like this

https://youtu.be/NFkryh6hC-k?t=4s

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Tue May 03, 2016 4:45 pm

I prefer to think of it more like these. With me as the mouse and the Wikipedia bully admins as the Hawk! Or me as the frog choking the life out of the stork as it tries to devour the frog. Sure I may eventually lose in the end do to the overwhelming number of people who don't give a shit about the projects, but I will go out fighting, not run and hide like a little :cat:!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Fri May 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Kumioko you need to let this stuff go. How much time have you wasted by continuing to fight these windmills? Do your friends and family know the depth of this obsession of yours? Seriously you post in every single thread about how you were right about this and that and I told you this and that... We know what happened. We know you think it is unfair and unjust and how it just proves how right you were.

Let it go. Move on. Do something healthy for your mind. This path you are on will not lead you to good places.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Fri May 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Noted and thanks for the sentiment but it's not hurting my health at all. I comment as I find time and do other things in between. My family and friends do know and frankly most thought I was wasting my time with Wikipedia to begin with. Many of them have negative experiences to share about their experiences there as well and some have stopped editing since I was banned (not necessarily related to my ban). Really, not one person has a generally positive attitude about the place and that is telling about the environment that toxic admins and the WMF are creating and supporting.

To be honest since my global block was placed I have no need to fight it anymore. It doesn't even matter if I agree at this point. It probably never did. I am dead to the WMF projects and they are dead to me. So from this point, there is no reason to follow their rules/policy, AGF, be a nice guy, etc.

They don't want a positive editor like I wanted to be then that's fine, I'll be the negative one they want as I find the time.

Textnyymi
Gregarious

Unread post by Textnyymi » Fri May 06, 2016 10:32 pm

They don't want a positive editor like I wanted to be then that's fine, I'll be the negative one they want as I find the time.
And with that, it's time for memeposting again :popcorn:

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Fri May 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Haha, love it!

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri May 06, 2016 11:16 pm

I'd say this thread has long fallen underneath whatever low-bar threshold for usefulness happens to exist on this message board.

A LOOKATME provocation leads to a global lock and LOOKATME email spam threatening vandalism once again... Oh, those big, harsh administrators, they are so unfair!!! WHEEEEE!!!

Nothing to see here, lock the thread.

RfB