Crap articles

arthur
Contributor
kołdry

Re: Crap articles

Unread post by arthur » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm

But then, why does the article need to show a cover at all? Oh yes, because WP is NOTCENSORED.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:02 pm

arthur wrote:But then, why does the article need to show a cover at all? Oh yes, because WP is NOTCENSORED.
Nah, that's WP:PICTURESAREPRETTYANDEVERYARTICLENEEDSONE. NOTCENSORED comes in when someone says "but boobs..." HTH.

Zironic
Gregarious

Unread post by Zironic » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Zoloft wrote:
There are other security measures I've taken now as well that are better left unspoken.
Now to actually contribute something to this topic, while looking up that statistical fact to poke Zoloft with I encountered this wikipedia article Sex differences in crime (T-H-L) which contained this wonder of a paragraph:
One study argued that it was the above-cited Dekeseredy et al. that in fact improperly contextualized partner violence; Dekeseredy's campus study was based around asking women and only women if their violence was in self-defense, and not permitting the same for men. This results in counting men who had defended themselves as perpetrators, and counting women who may have engaged in ex post facto justification of their violence, a noted trait of psychological abuse, as victims.[20] The study further found that studies from the US Department of Justice did not contextualize violence simply by not counting women perpetrators until forced to by the US Center for Disease Control. Other studies that decontextualized partner violence included labeling aggregate findings of motivations for violence that included the desire to coerce or control the partner or being angry with the partner as "striking back" when such questions revealed that women scored equal to or higher than men in desires to use violence out of simple anger or to coerce and control the partner.[21] This however is contradicted by other reviews which found women's prime motivation were triggered by anger or self-defence while men more through control.[22][23] But other studies have also postulated that when other factors such as allowing both or neither gender to claim self-defense, or simply including male victims and female perpetrators in the sample, the results were at or near parity for perpetrators and victims, with the results near parity sometimes favoring females and sometimes favoring males. Another large study reveals that women are between two to three times as likely to be the offender in non-reciprocal partner violence. The study suggests that while women are far more prone to be the sole offender, reciprocal violence where both partners use violence has higher frequency of serious injuries, and that these injuries more often have female victims than male.[24]
Personally I lost track of which studies were arguing what about halfway through.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 pm

NURP.38.BPC.6 (T-H-L)
NURP.38.BPC.6 was a pigeon who received the Dickin Medal in 1946 from the People's Dispensary for Sick Animals for bravery in service during the Second World War.
The Rambling Man (T-C-L) created 22 one sentence articles on medal-winning pigeons, all referenced to a web page that's not there anymore.

trout
Regular
Wikipedia User: Don City Break

Unread post by trout » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:51 pm

OpenBSD (T-H-L) is a "featured article" which might be expected to be held to a higher standard than the common Wikipedia articles. However, it's written like an advertisement. For example
The project is also widely known for the developers' insistence on open-source code and quality documentation, uncompromising position on software licensing, and focus on security and code correctness.
In fact OpenBSD isn't widely known for most of these, which are common to similar free operating systems. The only one of these which it's widely known for is its "focus on security". The article goes on in similar fashion. Also interesting is that the article makes heavy use of "self-published sources". It doesn't seem to contain a single word of criticism about its subject.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:28 am

Hex wrote:Anglo-Saxon law (T-H-L):
Charters

A fourth group might be made of the charters, BUT they are based on Old English private and public law and supply us with most important materials in regard to it. Looking somewhat deeper at the sources from which Old English law was derived, we shall have to modify our classification to some extent, as the external forms of publication, although important from the point of view of historical criticism, are not sufficient standards as to the juridical character of the various kinds of qq33aa1
:lookdownnose:
Hello to another one of our faithful readers.

Unfortunately, reverting the vandalism doesn't do anything about huge chunks of the article having been copied from EB1911, as the horrendously dated writing style makes obvious. "But indirectly Roman law did exert a by no means insignificant influence through the medium of the Church"... blecch! Although somebody put a "This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia" label on it, so hey, you know, helping.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 am

I tried to rephrase that in my head and gave up when I ended up with 'Through the medium of the church, Roman law indirectly influenced....'

trout
Regular

Unread post by trout » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:07 am

Hex wrote: Hello to another one of our faithful readers.
Interestingly, the edit immediately prior to the one linked above is either incompetence or possibly subtle vandalism, and yet nobody altered it:

previous edit removes a wikilink and puts in an incorrect closing parenthesis.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Hex wrote:"This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia"
Wouldn't Wikipedia be a lot better if it were rewritten to the standard of EB 1911, dated though that is?
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Johnny Au
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Johnny Au
Actual Name: Johnny Au

Unread post by Johnny Au » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm

The English Wikipedia would improve significantly if every article had pending changes, just like the German Wikipedia. Reviewers would be those with Britannica-like qualifications.

Newyorkbrad
Gregarious

Unread post by Newyorkbrad » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Johnny Au wrote:The English Wikipedia would improve significantly if every article had pending changes, just like the German Wikipedia. Reviewers would be those with Britannica-like qualifications.
It occurs to me that I should know more about the German Wikipedia experience than I do. How well do the reviewers on the German Wikipedia keep up with the proposed changes? How long is the backlog? In general, are bad changes properly rejected and good changes properly accepted? And, what are the required qualifications for reviewers? Is there an application process or is any autoconfirmed editor with an account automatically able to approve changes?

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:46 pm

Johnny Au wrote:The English Wikipedia would improve significantly if every article had pending changes, just like the German Wikipedia. Reviewers would be those with Britannica-like qualifications.
I agree.
There's the potential for Pending Changes to be a quality ratchet.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:00 pm

I very much doubt that many of the German reviewers are that well qualified. If we could get this on the English site, where would we get such experts? Pending changes would prevent gross vandalism and discourage weird, unsourced or very badly sourced changes. Highly desirable, but not I suspect nearly as good as many people think.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Poetlister wrote:I very much doubt that many of the German reviewers are that well qualified.
Probably not, but here's a link to an expert opinion on the general subject: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6000&p=127682#p127764.
Hey, you were even there - small world.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Jim wrote:
Poetlister wrote:I very much doubt that many of the German reviewers are that well qualified.
Probably not, but here's a link to an expert opinion on the general subject: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6000&p=127682#p127764.
Hey, you were even there - small world.
Yes, I'm not unfamiliar with the German Wikipedia by any means. Pending changes there are undoubtedly a very good thing. But Johnny was saying that "Reviewers would be those with Britannica-like qualifications", and there aren't many of those. If we could get some on English WP, would the community appoint them as reviewers, or allow them to be the only reviewers, given the usual prejudice against experts? Would the WMF step in and appoint them?

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Poetlister wrote:But Johnny was saying that "Reviewers would be those with Britannica-like qualifications"
Ah yes, I missed that, sorry. I agree that's extremely unlikely, and sounds like a flight of fancy.

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 pm

If Britannica-like experts are rare, then perhaps it could be broadened to those with PhDs from "prestigious" universities as well, though individually screened for credentials.

Ihatemyusername
Critic
Wikipedia User: Bosstopher
Actual Name: another pseudonym/a pen name

Unread post by Ihatemyusername » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Princess Leia's bikini (T-H-L)

I can't possibly describe it. Just read it.

trout
Regular

Unread post by trout » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Ihatemyusername wrote:Princess Leia's bikini (T-H-L)

For those who doubt, here is a sample of the awfulness:
Some say the bikini, worn in the first act of Return of the Jedi, was designed after Fisher's complaints that the loose-fitting outfits she wore in Star Wars concealed her feminine physique,[3] but Fisher has later denied this.[4] Rodgers said that Lucas gave her only general instructions about the scene in Jabba's palace, but wanted a special costume. She originally wanted 25 yards of fabric to be flowing through the scene", but couldn't make it work.[1]
Drivel.

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 am

Ihatemyusername wrote:Princess Leia's bikini (T-H-L)

It gets worse... :facepalm:

Category:Individual bikinis (T-H-L)
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 am

At least there isn't an article about Rey's bikini yet. Rey is the main female lead in the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 pm

Johnny Au wrote:At least there isn't an article about Rey's bikini yet. Rey is the main female lead in the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
I think it's very likely that there will be one in a month or two, maybe as soon as someone can upload a reasonable "fair use" photo. Needless to say, none of the articles in that category could possibly deserve a place in a serious work of reference.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:03 pm

I know that abstruse topics of philosophy can be hard to get into, but Hauntology (T-H-L), this intro - really?
Hauntology (a portmanteau of haunt and ontology (T-H-L)) refers to the state of temporal, historical, and ontological disjunction in which the ostensible immediacy of presence [metaphysics of presence (T-H-L)] is replaced by "the figure of the ghost as that which is neither present, nor absent, neither dead nor alive". The term was coined by philosopher Jacques Derrida (T-H-L) in his 1993 book Spectres of Marx (T-H-L).

The concept of hauntology is closely related to Derrida's deconstruction (T-H-L) of Western philosophy's logocentrism (T-H-L), which results in the fundamental deconstructive claim that being (T-H-L) does not entail presence. Asserting that there is no temporal point of pure origin but only an "always-already (T-H-L) absent present," deconstruction identifies "haunting [as] the state proper to being as such." The word functions as a deliberate near-homophone to "ontology" in Derrida's native French.
:blink:
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Textnyymi
Gregarious
Wikipedia Review Member: Text
Actual Name: Anonyymi

Unread post by Textnyymi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:39 pm

The English Wikipedia would improve significantly if every article had pending changes, just like the German Wikipedia. Reviewers would be those with Britannica-like qualifications.
Pending changes and mandatory BLP blanking if the subject carries out legal threats! Would that be too much for the Section 230 lovers? :banana:

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Hex wrote:I know that abstruse topics of philosophy can be hard to get into, but Hauntology (T-H-L), this intro - really?
Hauntology (a portmanteau of haunt and ontology (T-H-L)) refers to the state of temporal, historical, and ontological disjunction in which the ostensible immediacy of presence [metaphysics of presence (T-H-L)] is replaced by "the figure of the ghost as that which is neither present, nor absent, neither dead nor alive". The term was coined by philosopher Jacques Derrida (T-H-L) in his 1993 book Spectres of Marx (T-H-L).

The concept of hauntology is closely related to Derrida's deconstruction (T-H-L) of Western philosophy's logocentrism (T-H-L), which results in the fundamental deconstructive claim that being (T-H-L) does not entail presence. Asserting that there is no temporal point of pure origin but only an "always-already (T-H-L) absent present," deconstruction identifies "haunting [as] the state proper to being as such." The word functions as a deliberate near-homophone to "ontology" in Derrida's native French.
Many French "intellectuals" were in a ponzi scheme, which collapsed after the hoax by Alan Sokal.
Derrida is full of shit.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Moral Hazard wrote:
Hex wrote:I know that abstruse topics of philosophy can be hard to get into, but Hauntology (T-H-L), this intro - really?

Many French "intellectuals" were in a ponzi scheme, which collapsed after the hoax by Alan Sokal.
Derrida is full of shit.
Perhaps. But is it shit that has been reported on by a verifiable source?
:evilgrin:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: I AM your guilty pleasure
Actual Name: Written addiction

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 am

Zoloft wrote:
Moral Hazard wrote:

Derrida is full of shit.
Perhaps. But is it shit that has been reported on by a verifiable source?
:evilgrin:
Perhaps a good place to start would be in the works of Henri Mensonge, in particular his classic of deconstruction, La fornication comme acte culturel.
Mensonge wrote: "It is also the philosophy that goes along with everything else we know so well now -our chiliasm, our apocalypticism, our post-humanist scepticism, our postmodernism, our metaphysical exhaustion, our taste for falafel."
a cien años de soledad no tenían una segunda oportunidad en la tierra

Kingsindian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kingsindian

Unread post by Kingsindian » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:27 am

Moral Hazard wrote:Many French "intellectuals" were in a ponzi scheme, which collapsed after the hoax by Alan Sokal.
Derrida is full of shit.
To be fair, Sokal (and Bricmont) only criticized the abuse of physics by these intellectuals, not their whole work. Of course, if someone thinks that the penis is the square root of minus one, they may be full of shit in other things as well.

If I recall correctly, Derrida wasn't discussed much in their book and the hoax. Other authors provided much more fruitful material.

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:19 am

The Californias (T-H-L)

"One of Wikipedia's longest running hoaxes (about 8 years, 11 months", apparently.
Up for speedy deletion, so check it out, may not be there very soon.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:24 am

greyed.out.fields wrote:The Californias (T-H-L)

"One of Wikipedia's longest running hoaxes (about 8 years, 11 months", apparently.
Up for speedy deletion, so check it out, may not be there very soon.
Click for full-size image.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:36 am

It's gone. But you have to admire the author's attitude:
Delete OK I messed up. I just wanted to leave my mark in a bunch of things on the internet. So I made some things up. Is that so wrong? I didnt't hurt anybody. So, go ahead and delete The Californias and Viceroyalty of New Spain. So what? Now I admitted what I did, don't block me. WCCCasey (talk) 08:25, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
The account is not, and never has been, blocked. Will that change?

AndyTheGrump
Habitué
Wikipedia User: AndyTheGrump (editor/heckler)

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Poetlister wrote:It's gone. But you have to admire the author's attitude:
Delete OK I messed up. I just wanted to leave my mark in a bunch of things on the internet. So I made some things up. Is that so wrong? I didnt't hurt anybody. So, go ahead and delete The Californias and Viceroyalty of New Spain. So what? Now I admitted what I did, don't block me. WCCCasey (talk) 08:25, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
The account was only created a few hours ago...

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:41 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:
A comment on the AfD claims it was the work of WCCasey (T-C-L), not "WCCCasey". But WCCasey appears to be a legitimate user. The hoax seems to previously have been at Las Californias Province (T-H-L), which was created by a sockpuppet of a banned user called Tobias Conradi (T-C-L). I'm guessing "WCCCasey" is another Conradi sockpuppet. The accusing account, Castanea dentata (T-C-L), previously only edited in the area of English ecclesiastical history, and went dormant in 2009 - until posting the AfD comment. I suspect it as having been hacked.

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Not only does "The Californias" has an article in English, it is also in other languages as well. The other languages are Catalan, German, Spanish, Basque, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese, Russian, and Mandarin.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Uno, Arkansas (T-H-L)
Uno is an unincorporated community in Poinsett County, Arkansas, in the United States.

Uno has been noted for its unusual place name.
That's the whole thing. Dazzling.

SneakySasha
Contributor

Unread post by SneakySasha » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Hex wrote:
AndyTheGrump wrote:
A comment on the AfD claims it was the work of WCCasey (T-C-L), not "WCCCasey". But WCCasey appears to be a legitimate user. The hoax seems to previously have been at Las Californias Province (T-H-L), which was created by a sockpuppet of a banned user called Tobias Conradi (T-C-L). I'm guessing "WCCCasey" is another Conradi sockpuppet. The accusing account, Castanea dentata (T-C-L), previously only edited in the area of English ecclesiastical history, and went dormant in 2009 - until posting the AfD comment. I suspect it as having been hacked.
Could one simplify why Wighson (T-C-L) was blocked? Um, never mind, too many accounts. :evilgrin:
Last edited by SneakySasha on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:19 pm

Olav V of Norway (T-H-L)

It's pretty saturated with patriotic and nationalist pomp. Isn't just sticking to the facts enough to show why Norwegians highly respect him?
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:42 am

DYK that Loreto, Baja California Sur (T-H-L) served as the capital of Las Californias (T-H-L) from 1697 to 1777?

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:14 am

greyed.out.fields wrote:DYK that Loreto, Baja California Sur (T-H-L) served as the capital of Las Californias (T-H-L) from 1697 to 1777?
Well, this is awkward.

Special:WhatLinksHere/The Californias (T-H-L)
Special:WhatLinksHere/Las Californias (T-H-L)
Special:WhatLinksHere/Las Californias Province (T-H-L)

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:54 am

The Californias is now listed as a hoax.

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 am

Johnny Au wrote:The Californias is now listed as a hoax.
Are you familiar with the expression "Captain Obvious"?

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:00 pm

greyed.out.fields wrote:
Are you familiar with the expression "Captain Obvious"?
Yes. All I stated is that it is officially a hoax.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Hex wrote:The accusing account, Castanea dentata (T-C-L), previously only edited in the area of English ecclesiastical history, and went dormant in 2009 - until posting the AfD comment. I suspect it as having been hacked.
Back in 2008, both Castanea dentata and Wighson voted to keep Liite Buddhism. They've always been the same guy. He's the owner of http://liites.blogspot.com .

Also, The_Californias (T-H-L) is and wasn't a hoax, just a crappy article.

SneakySasha
Contributor

Unread post by SneakySasha » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:05 am

How 'bout this one, Katia's Russian Tea Room (T-H-L)?

Love the IP comment on the talk page, How to make an article: Let 90% of the text be links. :facepalm:

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:10 pm

tarantino wrote:
Hex wrote:The accusing account, Castanea dentata (T-C-L), previously only edited in the area of English ecclesiastical history, and went dormant in 2009 - until posting the AfD comment. I suspect it as having been hacked.
Back in 2008, both Castanea dentata and Wighson voted to keep Liite Buddhism. They've always been the same guy. He's the owner of http://liites.blogspot.com .

Also, The_Californias (T-H-L) is and wasn't a hoax, just a crappy article.
Well found. From his comments on the talk page, and what he did with the impersonating account, he seems to have several screws loose.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Phantom vibration syndrome (T-H-L)
Phantom vibration syndrome or phantom ringing is the perception that one's mobile phone is vibrating or ringing, when in fact the telephone is not doing so.
Phantom ringing may be experienced while taking a shower, watching television, or using a noisy device.
Causes
The cause of phantom vibrations is not known...
Management
There is little research on treatment for phantom vibrations.
Carrying the cell phone in a different position reduces phantom vibrations for some people.
Other methods include turning off the vibrate mode or using a different device.
Epidemiology
Most people are not seriously bothered by the sensations.
From the talkpage, in 2011:
Wow
An entire article based on one newspaper article - in turn based on a students paper ? This is possibly the most embarrassing and pointless article on wikipedia. Desperate stuff. 94.8.171.17
Never mind, fixed, in 2012:
The result of the proposal was Move Phantom ringing → Phantom Vibration Syndrome. -- PBS (talk) 17:52, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
Phew.
Last edited by Jim on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 pm

They seem pretty real to me...

Last edited by Smiley on Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replace lost image
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:07 am

Ice hockey stick (T-H-L)
Just read the first paragraph of the History section.

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Johnny Au wrote:Ice hockey stick (T-H-L)
But it is impossible to read almost any wikipedia paragraph, without barfing or falling asleep.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

Sockpuppet
Contributor
Wikipedia User: lol that will never happen
Nom de plume: H.R. Pufnstuf

Unread post by Sockpuppet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:01 pm

Johnny Au wrote:Ice hockey stick (T-H-L)
That is just horrid, well that's what you get writing by committee. Some articles are worse than others, most of the time its a medical article.
If Wikipedia is a community to gather all knowledge, why are there so many idiots involved?

No I am not a sock of someone here, the name was available and I couldn't help myself.