Crap articles

EricBarbour

kołdry

Re: Crap articles

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:41 am

If you think Chip zdarsky (T-H-L) is bad......
Chip Zdarsky is a Canadian comic book artist and journalist. He was born Steve Murray but is known by his fan base as Chip Zdarsky, and occasionally Todd Diamond.
Have a look at the 2009 AFD. Premium idiocy. "Wiki leedetailed" is probably the subject, trolling the others.
i would like to note that Passport guy has warned against the use of "sockpuppeting" in this matter. in short, i let friends know i was working on an article re: chip zdarsky for wikipedia -- my first! and that it might be deleted. it is likely that these friends took it upon themselves to champion the article. as i have noted above, toronto has a well-respected and thriving comics community and they would find it hard not to see chip as notable. i however, would like to state implicitly here that i have not asked anybody to champion this article, and have been trying to comply with all suggestions that have been made for its improvement by Passport guy. the thing about chip zdarsky is he is unique and crazy and to list him as his birth name "steve murray" would be like calling harpo marx, adolph marx, his real name. chip zdarsky is chip zdarsky which is likely why he was first looked at by wikipedia as a hoax whereas he is instead an incredibly talented artist and writer. Wiki leedetailed (talk) 23:16, 1 June 2009 (UTC)Wiki leedetailed

Vocal
Critic

Unread post by Vocal » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Jahannam (T-H-L)
Hell is perceived to be so deep that if a stone were thrown into it, it would fall for 70 years – assuming Earth gravity, a distance of just over 2.39[1025] meters, that is, just over 159,780,175 times the average distance between the Earth and the Sun – before reaching the bottom.
Vital information.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Hotel television systems (T-H-L)
This is a crap article because it contains no references, it features loads of spam links (many of which are anchored to "Hotel TV"), it contains a blatant falsehood about cable TV in hotels (that there is a "set-top box in each room"), and it's been edited almost entirely by IP addresses and one guy who is obsessed with IPTV. One of the IPs is 164.4.17.33 (T-C-L), which goes to Sandvik headquarters, and they've been doctoring Wikipedia for years, it seems, focusing on the articles about products where their materials are used.

Jimbo recently said on his Talk page...
First, I think our WP:OUTING is deeply flawed for a number of reasons. Well-intentioned but poorly written. I'm not willing to make a blanket statement that it doesn't apply with respect to COI/paid editing investigations, because that would invite abuse and people would rightly yell at me for speaking carelessly. What I would recommend is that if people have information and fear that they may get into trouble for WP:OUTING, they should email ArbCom and me and possibly the Foundation to get guidance.
Somebody should e-mail Jimbo (he won't read e-mails from me), and let him know about this article and how it's been subverted to be nothing more than a spam link repository. And remind him that it's not for lack of "crowd" to keep an eye on the article -- it gets nearly 2,000 page views per month.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Hell is perceived to be so deep that if a stone were thrown into it, it would fall for 70 years – assuming Earth gravity, a distance of just over 2.39[1025] meters, that is, just over 159,780,175 times the average distance between the Earth and the Sun – before reaching the bottom.
A great piece of spurious precision. Doesn't gravity vary depending on your location?

http://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/im ... 52_lrg.jpg
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Outsider wrote:
A great piece of spurious precision. Doesn't gravity vary depending on your location?

http://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/im ... 52_lrg.jpg
That's the least of your concerns.

Since it's going to fall for roughly 70 years, this implies that the center of mass of the attractive gravitational force is extremely distance and the rate of descent will change dramatically as the 70 years elapses.

What's the cross section and surface coefficient of friction for this nominal stone?
What's the uniformity of density of the fluid(gas) through which it's falling?
Could the inevitable vortices in the fluid medium force the stone into an escape trajectory given the initial low gravitational force exerted?

Come on guys, this is science!
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Vigilant wrote: That's the least of your concerns.

Since it's going to fall for roughly 70 years, this implies that the center of mass of the attractive gravitational force is extremely distance and the rate of descent will change dramatically as the 70 years elapses.

What's the cross section and surface coefficient of friction for this nominal stone?
What's the uniformity of density of the fluid(gas) through which it's falling?
Could the inevitable vortices in the fluid medium force the stone into an escape trajectory given the initial low gravitational force exerted?

Come on guys, this is science!
You're right. I was just amused by the idea that someone has calculated this to so many significant figures when you just can't. Incidentally, I see no reference for that figure. Is it original research?

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 am

"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Ramblin' Man (Lemon Jelly song) (T-H-L)

Complete with a map, flags, and look at those references -- so you know it's trustworthy.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

thekohser wrote:Ramblin' Man (Lemon Jelly song) (T-H-L)
Complete with a map, flags, and look at those references -- so you know it's trustworthy.
(poof)

Once again, you can edit Wikipedia--by not going anywhere near it.

Jaranda
Critic
Wikipedia User: Secret
Wikipedia Review Member: Jaranda

Unread post by Jaranda » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_of_abelian_groups

Wikipedia has issues with articles like I linked above as well, stuff that is so technical, experts probably can't read it.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 am

EricBarbour wrote:(poof)

Well, if that's the case, I'd also like to see what the Wiki-experts can do with this gem:
Nielsen Norman Group (T-H-L)

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 am

thekohser wrote:

Well, if that's the case, I'd also like to see what the Wiki-experts can do with this gem:
Nng...
The three founding partners are highly regarded in the area of user interface.
:dry:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 am

The joy of Wikipediocracy, eh? Well, it was too easy to resist doing.
thekohser wrote: Well, if that's the case, I'd also like to see what the Wiki-experts can do with this gem:
Wow, what a poop of an article. Bookmarked, I'll try and deal with it later.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Sometimes it's just fun to watch various people coming together to crowd source encyclopedia articles:
The phrase “delegitimization of Israel” characterizes the rhetorical demonization of Israel,[citation needed] holding Israel to a double-standard,[citation needed] and denying Israel’s right to defend itself,[citation needed] all in pursuit of discrediting Israel,[citation needed] damaging its reputation,[citation needed] and isolating it globally.[citation needed] It has been used as early as the 1970s. It is often used in contrast to 'criticism of israel'. Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Benjamin Netanyahu, Michael Oren, Mahmoud Abbas and others have used the term.
Currently at AFD. The Israel boosters like the article, everyone else not so much.

The whole place is insane.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Jaranda wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_of_abelian_groups

Wikipedia has issues with articles like I linked above as well, stuff that is so technical, experts probably can't read it.
I can read it.
It appears technically correct.
It looks like it was cribbed from a graduate level textbook, though.

It's not accessible by an undergrad, let alone a person without a math background.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

DanMurphy wrote:Currently at AFD. The Israel boosters like the article, everyone else not so much.

The whole place is insane.
This is where crowdsourcing breaks down.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 pm

as mentioned elsewhere:

List of Arunthathiyar (T-H-L)

All too typical of articles by Indian editors. Incoherent, unusable as "information", biased, and replete with a large section written in Tamil.
அருந்தமிழர் விடுதலை இயக்கம் வெளியிட்ட "இந்திய விடுதலைப்போரின் இணையற்ற போராளிகள்" ஆசிரியர் ஜக்கையன் அவர்களால் பல ஆண்டுகள் களப்பணி செய்து எழுதிய புத்தகத்தை படிக்கவும். குயிலியின் தந்தை ராமநாதபுரம் அரண்மனையில் பணியாற்றியவர். அவர் குதிரைகளுக்கு வார் தைக்கக் கூடியவர். பிற்காலத்தில் அவர் சிவகங்கைக்கு இடம் மாறியவர் என்றும், அரண்மனையை ஒட்டி வளர்ந்ததால் வேலுநாச்சியாரின் மகள் வெள்ளச்சி நாச்சியாருக்கு சிறுவயது முதலே உற்ற தோழியாக வளர்ந்தவள் என்றும் அறிய முடிகிறது. வாய்மொழி வரலாறுகள் கூறுகின்ற உண்மைகள் ஒரு பக்கம் இருந்தாலும் குயிலியின் வீரமும், அர்ப்பணிப்பும் வரலாற்றில் மறக்க முடியாதது.அது தமிழினத்திற்கு அடையாளமாக முன்னெடுத்துச் செல்லப்பட வேண்டும். குயிலி என்கிற வீரமங்கையின் தியாகம் ஒப்பற்றது. எனினும், அவளது அத்தியாயம் இருட்டடிப்பு செய்யப்பட்டதற்கு மிக அடிப்படையான காரணம் அவள் தாழ்த்தப்பட்ட சக்கிலிய சமூகத்தில் பிறந்தது.

Peter Damian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Peter Damian
Wikipedia Review Member: Peter Damian

Unread post by Peter Damian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 pm

EricBarbour wrote:as mentioned elsewhere:

All too typical of articles by Indian editors. Incoherent, unusable as "information", biased, and replete with a large section written in Tamil.
அருந்தமிழர் விடுதலை இயக்கம் வெளியிட்ட "இந்திய விடுதலைப்போரின் இணையற்ற போராளிகள்" ஆசிரியர் ஜக்கையன் அவர்களால் பல ஆண்டுகள் களப்பணி செய்து எழுதிய புத்தகத்தை படிக்கவும். குயிலியின் தந்தை ராமநாதபுரம் அரண்மனையில் பணியாற்றியவர். அவர் குதிரைகளுக்கு வார் தைக்கக் கூடியவர். பிற்காலத்தில் அவர் சிவகங்கைக்கு இடம் மாறியவர் என்றும், அரண்மனையை ஒட்டி வளர்ந்ததால் வேலுநாச்சியாரின் மகள் வெள்ளச்சி நாச்சியாருக்கு சிறுவயது முதலே உற்ற தோழியாக வளர்ந்தவள் என்றும் அறிய முடிகிறது. வாய்மொழி வரலாறுகள் கூறுகின்ற உண்மைகள் ஒரு பக்கம் இருந்தாலும் குயிலியின் வீரமும், அர்ப்பணிப்பும் வரலாற்றில் மறக்க முடியாதது.அது தமிழினத்திற்கு அடையாளமாக முன்னெடுத்துச் செல்லப்பட வேண்டும். குயிலி என்கிற வீரமங்கையின் தியாகம் ஒப்பற்றது. எனினும், அவளது அத்தியாயம் இருட்டடிப்பு செய்யப்பட்டதற்கு மிக அடிப்படையான காரணம் அவள் தாழ்த்தப்பட்ட சக்கிலிய சமூகத்தில் பிறந்தது.
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. You can assist by editing it. (January 2013)
Eric, please assist by editing it. YOUCANFIXIT.
οὐκ ἀγαθὸν πολυκοιρανίη: εἷς κοίρανος ἔστω

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm

EricBarbour wrote:as mentioned elsewhere:

It was a very short (and questionable, as all Indian caste-related list articles seem to be) article back in January until an editor called MUTHUARUNTHATHIYAN (T-C-L) appeared and mangled it into that state before vanishing again. I've returned it to its previous state.

Some of the text in the mangled version was copied from Arunthathiyar (T-H-L), another blindingly crap article that's spent its life as a battleground for Indians arguing about caste - predictably, it's a Dalit subgrouping.
Arunthathiyar article wrote: Sakkili is a term used by certain Flame Warriors from Sri lanka, partisan to the Sinhalese nationalistic cause in the current civil war to describe all Sri Lankan Tamils (native) and has been noted by sociologists.
This text has been left untouched in the article for seven years. :facepalm:
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Hex wrote:This text has been left untouched in the article for seven years. :facepalm:
Every time I've ever held up Indian/Pakistani editors as being a net negative for Wikipedia, or pointing out that they seem to be Jimbo's most fervent butt-nozzles on Quora, I am called out for being "racist", so I won't say anything like that.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

thekohser wrote:
Hex wrote:This text has been left untouched in the article for seven years. :facepalm:
Every time I've ever held up Indian/Pakistani editors as being a net negative for Wikipedia, or pointing out that they seem to be Jimbo's most fervent butt-nozzles on Quora, I am called out for being "racist", so I won't say anything like that.
I think it is fair to say that many, maybe most, Indian/Pakistani editors do not write very good English; some are incoherent. It is also fair to say that not a few editors who live in the USA, Britain or Canada do not write very good English.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Outsider wrote:
thekohser wrote: Every time I've ever held up Indian/Pakistani editors as being a net negative for Wikipedia, or pointing out that they seem to be Jimbo's most fervent butt-nozzles on Quora, I am called out for being "racist", so I won't say anything like that.
I think it is fair to say that many, maybe most, Indian/Pakistani editors do not write very good English; some are incoherent. It is also fair to say that not a few editors who live in the USA, Britain or Canada do not write very good English.
I think making sweeping generalizations is probably a bad idea. However there are unquestionably a large number of articles on South Asian topics that are written by editors for whom English is not a first language. These topics are not well known (let alone well understood) outside the region, and as a result have received or are able to receive very little maintenance from other editors. This is compounded by many of the topics being a matter of local dispute, such as caste.

I don't know what the solution to this problem is. Clearly the area is in desperate need of more editors that are high-level bilingual at the very least.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Tech Jacket (T-H-L), about a short-lived comic. Probably one of thousands of articles of a similar caliber.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Wikiproject Comics is currently tracking 42,000 articles and files.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:36 am

Hex wrote:Tech Jacket (T-H-L), about a short-lived comic. Probably one of thousands of articles of a similar caliber.
Removal is unpermitted...
:lookdownnose:

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 am

Hex wrote:
Outsider wrote:I think it is fair to say that many, maybe most, Indian/Pakistani editors do not write very good English; some are incoherent. It is also fair to say that not a few editors who live in the USA, Britain or Canada do not write very good English.
I think making sweeping generalizations is probably a bad idea. However there are unquestionably a large number of articles on South Asian topics that are written by editors for whom English is not a first language. These topics are not well known (let alone well understood) outside the region, and as a result have received or are able to receive very little maintenance from other editors. This is compounded by many of the topics being a matter of local dispute, such as caste.

I don't know what the solution to this problem is. Clearly the area is in desperate need of more editors that are high-level bilingual at the very least.
Making sweeping generalizations is usually a bad idea. Certainly, there are some Indian editors who write excellent prose. However, in my experience they are a minority. Of course, it is not always possible to say where an editor is!

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 am

Police_Inspector_Blog (T-H-L)

"60 mind numbing minutes of complete nonsense" indeed. For a blog that no longer exists.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Mars Lasar (T-H-L)

Complete crap, published with not a single reference citation. And Jimbo says that he's opposed to shameless self-promotion on Wikipedia, right?

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 pm

thekohser wrote:Mars Lasar (T-H-L)

Complete crap, published with not a single reference citation. And Jimbo says that he's opposed to shameless self-promotion on Wikipedia, right?
Looks like it was mostly copied from here.
© 2012 SOUND MANIPULATIONS, INC.
COPYING AND DISTRIBUTING CONTENT FROM THIS SITE IS PROHIBITED BY LAW [1]
Oh snap.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:38 pm

mac wrote:

Oh snap.
Looks like we have a Durova-honored WP Triple Crown winner who actively reads Wikipediocracy.

Scott5114
Critic
Wikipedia User: Scott5114

Unread post by Scott5114 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm

thekohser wrote:
mac wrote:

Oh snap.
Looks like we have a Durova-honored WP Triple Crown winner who actively reads Wikipediocracy.
Heh, you caught me. I don't agree with a lot of what's posted here, but I do find it interesting reading. Couldn't resist an easy fix like that, though!

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Scott5114 wrote:Heh, you caught me. I don't agree with a lot of what's posted here, but I do find it interesting reading. Couldn't resist an easy fix like that, though!
Wait six months. If your repair is still live, THEN you can come back and brag.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 pm

After Earth (T-H-L), about a science fiction movie due to come out this summer, is a real humdinger.
In the near future, humanity was forced to abandon the planet forever after cataclysmic events, and they reestablished mankind on the planet Nova Prime, light years away from Earth, and managed to rebuild society. Earth was derailed of traces of mankind and left in its prime state, and continued to flourish on its own. Shortly after colonization of Nova Prime, a Ranger Corps was found to control peace in the space, since Nova Prime is in the colonized system.

One thousand years after the departure from Earth (implied as 1000 A.E. in film) the Ranger Corps is led by General Cypher Raige (Will Smith), the cold and emotionless father, but a wise one.

Malleus
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Wikipedia Review Member: Malleus

Unread post by Malleus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Hex wrote:After Earth (T-H-L), about a science fiction movie due to come out this summer, is a real humdinger.
In the near future, humanity was forced to abandon the planet forever after cataclysmic events, and they reestablished mankind on the planet Nova Prime, light years away from Earth, and managed to rebuild society. Earth was derailed of traces of mankind and left in its prime state, and continued to flourish on its own. Shortly after colonization of Nova Prime, a Ranger Corps was found to control peace in the space, since Nova Prime is in the colonized system.

One thousand years after the departure from Earth (implied as 1000 A.E. in film) the Ranger Corps is led by General Cypher Raige (Will Smith), the cold and emotionless father, but a wise one.
Doesn't seem unusually crap to me, am I missing something?

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Malleus wrote:
Hex wrote:After Earth (T-H-L), about a science fiction movie due to come out this summer, is a real humdinger.

Not particularly bad for a Wikipedia article, but I bolded the glaring errors.
Can't wait to miss it.

Jaranda
Critic
Wikipedia User: Secret
Wikipedia Review Member: Jaranda

Unread post by Jaranda » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 am

mac wrote:
Malleus wrote:

Can't wait to miss it.
The plot summary doesn't make sense. How can the planet flourish after "cataclysmic events"? Did humans stayed in Earth to rebuild without the people of Nova Prime noticing? With that kind of wording, chances are that is a copyvio.

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am

Jaranda wrote:
mac wrote:
Malleus wrote:

Can't wait to miss it.
The plot summary doesn't make sense. How can the planet flourish after "cataclysmic events"? Did humans stayed in Earth to rebuild without the people of Nova Prime noticing? With that kind of wording, chances are that is a copyvio.
What I gathered from it was that life continued on Earth after the departure of humanity. IMO, it's unlikely to be a copyvio since Hollywood has no shortage of decent writers. It looks like standard Wikipedia fare to me.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 am

Nerd brain damage at its finest:

Girl Genius (T-H-L)

Look at the insane amount of (unsourced) detail.

Ismail
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Ismail

Unread post by Ismail » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato%27s_Stepchildren

Normal encyclopedia: "This episode had an interracial kiss, the first Americans cared about, and thus represented a notable step in eroding racist taboos on TV."

Wikipedia:
The episode features a kiss between James T. Kirk (William Shatner) and Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols). This is often cited as the first white and black interracial kiss depicted on a scripted television series,[1][2] but took place after Sammy Davis, Jr. had briefly kissed Nancy Sinatra on the variety program Movin' With Nancy in December 1967;[3] and an interracial kiss on Emergency Ward 10, a British drama series, in 1964;[4] a kiss between Asian American actress, Victoria Young and David McCallum in the 1966 The Man from U.N.C.L.E episode, "The Her Master's Voice Affair;" September 16th, 1966, and a kiss between multi-racial actress Barbara Luna and William Shatner in the October 6th, 1967 Star Trek: The Original Series episode, "Mirror, Mirror", as well as another kiss between Shatner and Vietnamese actor France Nuyen in "Elaan of Troyius." Predating, in America, all of these but the "Man from U.N.C.L.E", the November 3rd, 1966 episode of "Daniel Boone" where the title character leans in to take a kiss on the cheek (audible smack) from a little black girl who Boone had saved from slavery, along with her family and friends. The episode and the little girl are both called "Onatha". And, even predating that Daniel Boone episode is the 1959 episode of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer with Darren McGavin, titled "Siamese Twinge," where a white male (named "Gary") kisses his Asian fiancé ("Sandi") on the forehead.

Vocal
Critic

Unread post by Vocal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Garry Hoy (T-H-L)

It's "referenced", so of course it deserves inclusion in a so-called encyclopedia.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Vocal wrote:Garry Hoy (T-H-L)

It's "referenced", so of course it deserves inclusion in a so-called encyclopedia.
WP:BLP1E would cover him, except for the L part.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:04 pm

First Niagara Pavilion (T-H-L)

I just find this series of one-sentence paragraphs funny:
Janet Jackson was scheduled to perform during her Rhythm Nation World Tour on September 3, 1990, but the show was cancelled.

Phish performed and recorded their show, on July 29, 2003, which was later released as a live album, entitled Live Phish 07.29.03.

Fleetwood Mac were scheduled to perform during their Say You Will Tour on June 10, 2004, but the show was cancelled.[3]

Kings of Leon were scheduled to perform during their Come Around Sundown World Tour on September 7, 2010, with The Whigs and The Black Keys as their opening acts, but the show was cancelled, due to scheduling conflicts.[4]

Versus
Critic

Unread post by Versus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:41 am

Vincent Montana, Jr. (T-H-L)

Looks like his list of recordings was scraped from some website, more than two years ago. No refs.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:10 am

Versus wrote:Vincent Montana, Jr. (T-H-L)

Looks like his list of recordings was scraped from some website, more than two years ago. No refs.
RIP Vince Montana Jr. - original member of MFSB and Sal Soul Orchestra.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Versus
Critic

Unread post by Versus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 am

Versus wrote:Vincent Montana, Jr. (T-H-L)

Found the source:

http://www.phillyjazz.org/vmdisco.html

Vocal
Critic

Unread post by Vocal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Essence–Energies_distinction_(Eastern_Orthodox_theology) (T-H-L)

How can anyone write something like that and think "mm, I did well on that"?

Peter Damian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Peter Damian
Wikipedia Review Member: Peter Damian

Unread post by Peter Damian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Vocal wrote:Essence–Energies_distinction_(Eastern_Orthodox_theology) (T-H-L)

With this sort of article there is nearly always just one progenitor, and here it was this nitwit: link . He has a brief moment of fame in the book, as it happens, as a result of an unfortunate edit to the flagship Philosophy article which is still there. Knowledge pollution again.
οὐκ ἀγαθὸν πολυκοιρανίη: εἷς κοίρανος ἔστω

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Clothed male, naked female (T-H-L)

The "CMNF In films" section is particularly childish.
In Private School (1983), Betsy Russell goes topless riding a horse to impress a boy. The whole crowd including men get surprised and keeps starring at her.

In Exit to Eden (1994), Dana Delany and another actress in an assistant role get full-frontally naked and swims in her swimming pool. Then they eye at a clothed boy sitting near the pool. Then they get to him and Dana Delany gets to sit on his back being bottomless.

In Luscious[disambiguation needed] (1997), acting as a living masterpiece Kari Wührer poses fully nude for a clothed male painter who—upon studying her full–frontal fineness—finds it hard to concentrate among other things.
A single purpose account added 12 CMNF images to commons a couple of days ago, then stuck them in the article. He was reverted, though.

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am

Vocal wrote:Essence–Energies_distinction_(Eastern_Orthodox_theology) (T-H-L)

I don't even have to look to know that this was written by some cranky EO convert boy. The essence-energies distinction is something that ex-Prot/Catholic converts obsess over, which real western theologians think is real but unimportant, and which normal laymen and clerics have never heard of and don't care about.

Woden.Ragnarok
Critic
Wikipedia User: Woden.Ragnarok

Unread post by Woden.Ragnarok » Wed May 01, 2013 5:50 am

You ask for a Crap article and I give you: Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde (T-H-L)
It contains improbable plot points from a 12 rated movie such as:
Jacks looks puzzled but then feels some strange feelings from his genitalia area and watches in horror as his penis deflates, and his scrotum shrivels up, transforming into a vagina.
So I presume the entire Plot section is someone's transgendered fantasy of how the film should have unfolded. The end section of the plot appears to be complete nonsense as other sites plot summaries end at the previous paragraph with the situation resolved instead.

Of course since the plot section is sourced to the film itself, and since the film is only available at extortionate prices DVD ($60-$80) its unlikely anyone will be able to fix it.
-- Woden "A wise king never seeks out war, but he must always be ready for it." Ragnarok