Crap articles

enwikibadscience
Habitué
kołdry

Re: Crap articles

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:49 pm

"This is a list of military equipment of Germany's allies on the Balkan and Russian fronts (1941–1945). Other weapons were used for training or national defense purposes in capitals and main cities."

Anyone know what this means?

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:37 pm

enwikibadscience wrote:
"This is a list of military equipment of Germany's allies on the Balkan and Russian fronts (1941–1945). Other weapons were used for training or national defense purposes in capitals and main cities."

Anyone know what this means?
I have no idea. I call articles like that "Article Droppings." Someone comes along, dumps a bunch of nonsensical information, calls it an "article," gives his/herself a pat on the back for his/her efforts, and goes away never to return.

It's like the floor contractor I had that did a bare minimum, half-assed job and was offended when I wouldn't pay him the rest of his bill. Then, he sued and won all his pay plus court costs. It didn't help that one of his co-workers stole some money during the fiasco. What a poo.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Jaranda
Critic
Wikipedia User: Secret
Wikipedia Review Member: Jaranda

Unread post by Jaranda » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Kimble Anders (T-H-L) before I turned it back to a stub, the content was there from 2009 :blink:

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:53 pm

This OR anime character is used to illustrate a bunch of articles. It is not a magical girl, she's not in any anime novels, she was made up by a Wikipedia editor.

Pictures are a serious area of original research, drawings being the biggest offenders. This image needs removed from the article, and its derivatives removed from others.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:54 pm

enwikibadscience wrote:Pictures are a serious area of original research, drawings being the biggest offenders. This image needs removed from the article, and its derivatives removed from others.
That's a topic worthy of its own thread. Nobody ever checks picture descriptions on Commons and there must be loads of OR in those.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:17 pm

enwikibadscience wrote:Pictures are a serious area of original research, drawings being the biggest offenders. This image needs removed from the article, and its derivatives removed from others.
I think I mentioned this in another thread. Check out the amateur drawings from the imagination of Stanton F. Fink, AKA Apokryltaros. They currently adorn hundreds of articles in many languages.

Reconstruction of the Pliocene to Pleistocene mekosuchine crocodile, ''Pallimnarchus pollens'', of prehistoric Queensland.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:52 pm

tarantino wrote:Check out the amateur drawings from the imagination of Stanton F. Fink, AKA Apokryltaros. They currently adorn hundreds of articles in many languages.
Damn, you found another good one. Lots of Wikipedians have Deviant Art accounts, but being on Elfwood is the ultimate badge of adolescent amateurism. Not to mention growing numbers of spammers.

That is yet another article I should write -- the poor quality of illustrations being drawn for WP and Commons. Just another thing on the growing mountain. Arrgh.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 pm

For those of you complaining that there is no more 'low hanging fruit', I give you Coil spring. More than a decade in the making, believe it or not.

Enjoy!
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:For those of you complaining that there is no more 'low hanging fruit', I give you Coil spring. More than a decade in the making, believe it or not.

Enjoy!
Ouch. And it was off to such a great start.

Lukeno94
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Lukeno94

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, there are a fair few gaps in that article. Considering it's tagged (correctly) as an automotive-related article, the fact that there is exactly one reference in the text to anything vaguely automotive is fairly amusing. No commentary at all, of course, how it is actually used in automotive suspension, or anything about how coil springs have replaced leaf springs, by-and-large, in almost all applications (apart from the odd car with airbag or hydraulic suspension; notably the original Mini)

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Well, there are a fair few gaps in that article. Considering it's tagged (correctly) as an automotive-related article, the fact that there is exactly one reference in the text to anything vaguely automotive is fairly amusing. No commentary at all, of course, how it is actually used in automotive suspension, or anything about how coil springs have replaced leaf springs, by-and-large, in almost all applications (apart from the odd car with airbag or hydraulic suspension; notably the original Mini)
It could easily be an article as long as that piece of crap, Sea (T-H-L). But, in some technology articles, the encyclopedia and editors get totally lost, this being one of those cases where plenty of tertiary sources, books, journal articles, websites exist, but the article is constrained by the inability to group think what it's really about. A demand for simple lead sentences that just state what the subject is could cure a lot of this. If you can't say what it is in one opening sentence, please don't contribute.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Well, there are a fair few gaps in that article. Considering it's tagged (correctly) as an automotive-related article, the fact that there is exactly one reference in the text to anything vaguely automotive is fairly amusing. No commentary at all, of course, how it is actually used in automotive suspension, or anything about how coil springs have replaced leaf springs, by-and-large, in almost all applications (apart from the odd car with airbag or hydraulic suspension; notably the original Mini)
Jeeze, where to start ... Should probably be titled Helical spring. Capitalization at the beginning of sentences appears to be optional. :bored: Most springs are made on coiling machines, not wound on a mandrel as the article says; that's only for the big ones. The reference home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/springs.html is dead - what a loss! No history, no theory, no engineering details, no material details, no (correct) manufacturing techniques -- for one of the most important machine elements in existence.

Lukeno94
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Lukeno94

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:
Jeeze, where to start ... Should probably be titled Helical spring. Capitalization at the beginning of sentences is not optional. Most springs are made on coiling machines, not winding on a mandrel as the article says; that's only for the big ones. The reference home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/springs.html is dead - what a loss! No history, no theory, no engineering details, no material details, no (correct) manufacturing techniques -- for one of the most important machine elements in existence.
"Coil spring", in an automotive sense, is the correct term. Can't really comment for other areas, hence why I only (very loosely) addressed the automotive aspect. There's no question that the coil/helical spring is supremely important though.
Last edited by Lukeno94 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 pm

enwikibadscience wrote:It could easily be an article as long as that piece of crap, Sea (T-H-L). But, in some technology articles, the encyclopedia and editors get totally lost, this being one of those cases where plenty of tertiary sources, books, journal articles, websites exist, but the article is constrained by the inability to group think what it's really about. A demand for simple lead sentences that just state what the subject is could cure a lot of this. If you can't say what it is in one opening sentence, please don't contribute.
The French version appears to have been written by a bored engineering student, but at least it has something of value.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:32 am

Health information on Wikipedia (T-H-L)

Not only is the article crap, but the subject of the article is also crap. Do I win a prize?
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:08 am

Hex wrote:Health information on Wikipedia (T-H-L)

Not only is the article crap, but the subject of the article is also crap. Do I win a prize?
Oh, that hurts.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 am

Not unless you can blackmail Consumer Reports' Wikipedian In Residence into paying you.
Because he wrote it.

(While you're at it, you could ask him if he edits on the job, and is being explicitly paid to edit Wikipedia with his employer's knowledge.)

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 am

EricBarbour wrote:

Not unless you can blackmail Consumer Reports' Wikipedian In Residence into paying you.
Because he wrote it.

(While you're at it, you could ask him if he edits on the job, and is being explicitly paid to edit Wikipedia with his employer's knowledge.)
He is being paid money to write crap like that article? I want a Wikipedia-in-Residence gig, no accountability, write unreadable, illiterate crap taking 30 seconds, and get paid for it.

Cedric
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Edeans
Wikipedia Review Member: Cedric
Actual Name: Eddie Singleton

Unread post by Cedric » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:54 am

EricBarbour wrote:

Because he wrote it.

Oh, how lovely. He's also on the "WikiProject Medicine/Translation task force," which I didn't know existed until now. I guess misinformation and bad writing just wants to be free. :yak:

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:03 am

Cedric wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:

Because he wrote it.

Oh, how lovely. He's also on the "WikiProject Medicine/Translation task force," which I didn't know existed until now. I guess misinformation and bad writing just wants to be free. :yak:
He's also one of the few members of Wikimedia LGBT. He has his fingers in a lot of pies, and hamsters.

Bluerasperry with hamster

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:20 am

tarantino wrote:
Cedric wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:

Because he wrote it.

He's also one of the few members of Wikimedia LGBT. He has his fingers in a lot of pies, and hamsters.

Bluerasperry with hamster

Why is it that all of the gay people I know are normal people, certainly by comparison?
Why do all of the LGBT wikipedia people have to try to be freaks avant-garde ironically ironic in their pictures?

Is it just standard online hipster douchebaggery?
Is it Ashley van Haeften style need for attention?
Is it some sort of wikipedia disorder?

It doesn't make you look interesting; it makes you look like someone who follows the hipster douchebag crowd.

Just sayin'.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:46 am

Vigilant wrote:Why is it that all of the gay people I know are normal people, certainly by comparison?
Why do all of the LGBT wikipedia people have to try to be freaks avant-garde ironically ironic in their pictures?

Is it just standard online hipster douchebaggery?
Is it Ashley van Haeften style need for attention?
Is it some sort of wikipedia disorder?

It doesn't make you look interesting; it makes you look like someone who follows the hipster douchebag crowd.

Just sayin'.
Well, you're right in that I also don't know anyone like Fae or Bluerasperry IRL, but there are others that don't seem to be goofballs, outside of their participation with wikipedia. You just don't notice them because they don't try to stand out, or define themselves by their sexuality.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:02 am

Vigilant wrote:Why is it that all of the gay people I know are normal people, certainly by comparison?
Because Wikipedians in general tend to be freaks. Being gay is only tangential, if connected at all.
It's a nut magnet, remember?

dogbiscuit
Retired
Wikipedia User: tiucsibgod

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:30 am

EricBarbour wrote:
Because Wikipedians in general tend to be freaks. Being gay is only tangential, if connected at all.
It's a nut magnet, remember?
I have come across a handful of guys who have turned being gay* into a performance art like Fae in real life but it is uncommon. In the 80s there seemed to be more camp guys around. Or perhaps I'm getting old and moving in different circles.

*Sometimes Android has a better sense of humour than I do, it wanted to put "gassy" there. Either works.
Time for a new signature.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

I am aware of at least two gay WP editors whose contributions are perfectly staid and respectable; they never mention their sexuality, and seem to have no need to.

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 am

Was Bill Stead a WWII flying ace?
Reno Gazette-Journal, 4 January 2014 link
The claim:
Bill Stead — creator of the Reno Air Races — was a World War II flying ace. [...] The Associated Press and USA Today picked up that story and repeated the claim. This particular story seems to be the source for the flying ace claim on numerous other websites. One of these — as of this writing — is a Wikipedia article on the Reno Air Races, which is now called the National Championship Air Races. [...] Before going any further, you might be wondering what exactly is a flying ace? The accepted definition seems to be a pilot with five victories in encounters with enemy pilots. This is stated in numerous places. [...] A 1966 obituary written by the Associated Press said of Stead’s military flying history: “Stead tried to join the Chinese air force and the Canadian air force in 1940, but was drafted before he could get into either unit. After two years as an infantryman, he was transferred to the Air Corps and directed an air-sea rescue unit in Panama.” In other words, he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to become a flying ace. [...]

The verdict:
Bill Stead was a pilot who flew during World War II, he was a rancher, he started the Reno Air Races, he was a world-champion hydroplane racer — and he most definitely was not a World War II flying ace.
Reno_Air_Races (T-H-L)
former Living Person

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:48 am

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 am

Zoloft wrote:
The diff.
Here, Kitty, Kitty.

:blink:

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:31 am

Where the incorrect 'flying ace' edit occurred: diff only

...from a random Verizon Wireless cell phone.

Trail cold.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 am

enwikibadscience wrote:
Zoloft wrote:
The diff.
Here, Kitty, Kitty.

:blink:
Here Kitty, Kitty home page: link

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Bottled_Spider
Critic
Wikipedia User: None
Wikipedia Review Member: Bottled_Spider

Unread post by Bottled_Spider » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

enwikibadscience wrote:Health information on Wikipedia (T-H-L)

He is being paid money to write crap like that article? I want a Wikipedia-in-Residence gig, no accountability, write unreadable, illiterate crap taking 30 seconds, and get paid for it.
Though Mr. Bluerasberry claims to be "interested in promoting access to health information through Wikipedia" he seems to be clueless about the simplest of terms, and about how to use Google and, er, Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk: ... Nerve_pain
I have no idea what neuralgia is. I now see in the article where it is called a rare disease, but other information in the article made me think and makes me think that it is scientific term for general "nerve pain". I am not sure what nerve pain is. I supposed that something could be faulty with a pain nerve, and that the nerve could signal pain without any stimulus, and that this could be called "nerve pain", and that "neuralgia" was the article for this. "Pain" in contrast would be when a nerve signals damage correctly, such as when the body needs to feel pain to alert a person to damage. I did not want to link to a specific type of nerve pain, like sciatica or carpal tunnel. What is the general term for nerve pain? Is nerve pain a thing which exists?
Good God. The boy's an idiot. Nice earrings, though.
tarantino wrote: He's also one of the few members of Wikimedia LGBT. He has his fingers in a lot of pies, and hamsters.
Heh!

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Bottled_Spider wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk: ... Nerve_pain
I have no idea what neuralgia is. I now see in the article where it is called a rare disease, but other information in the article made me think and makes me think that it is scientific term for general "nerve pain". I am not sure what nerve pain is. I supposed that something could be faulty with a pain nerve, and that the nerve could signal pain without any stimulus, and that this could be called "nerve pain", and that "neuralgia" was the article for this. "Pain" in contrast would be when a nerve signals damage correctly, such as when the body needs to feel pain to alert a person to damage. I did not want to link to a specific type of nerve pain, like sciatica or carpal tunnel. What is the general term for nerve pain? Is nerve pain a thing which exists?
Good God. The boy's an idiot. Nice earrings, though.
Heh!

My God! WikiPidiot in Residence! This sends my respect for Consumer Reports into the dumster.
Last edited by Zoloft on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove tag

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:35 am

Head transplant (T-H-L)

The article has recently been greatly expanded by Igottheconch (T-C-L), who is without a doubt, the latest incarnation of the indefinitely blocked ARShole Ikip/Okip.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:53 am

tarantino wrote:Head transplant (T-H-L)

The article has recently been greatly expanded by Igottheconch (T-C-L), who is without a doubt, the latest incarnation of the indefinitely blocked ARShole Ikip/Okip.
Oh god, another early mutant I didn't write up.....

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:23 am

EricBarbour wrote:

Ikip/Okip hosted copyrighted material owned by others on his now defunct website igottheconch.com, then used those pages as references. Some of those links have been removed, and some remain, but of course now they are inaccessible.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 am

EricBarbour wrote:

Hmmmm, Ikip wasn't his first account, was it?

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:54 am

TungstenCarbide wrote:Hmmmm, Ikip wasn't his first account, was it?
Kidding? He probably owns thousands of socks. I've heard mutterings that his connection to A Nobody wasn't merely platonic, they might be the same nut. It makes my head hurt, okay?

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:59 am

:rotfl:

:bow:

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:30 am

EricBarbour wrote:
Kidding? He probably owns thousands of socks. I've heard mutterings that his connection to A Nobody wasn't merely platonic, they might be the same nut. It makes my head hurt, okay?
User:Ikip used to be User:Inclusionist;
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... anks_log=1

User:Inclusionist used to be User:Travb;
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... tagfilter=

Versus
Critic

Unread post by Versus » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 am

TungstenCarbide wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:
User:Ikip used to be User:Inclusionist;
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... anks_log=1

User:Inclusionist used to be User:Travb;
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... tagfilter=
What's galling about Ikip/Inclusionist/Travb is that all that time he was accusing others of socking, eg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =306896654

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =334803547

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =330206001

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =321850071

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:58 am

Versus wrote:What's galling about Ikip/Inclusionist/Travb is that all that time he was accusing others of socking
He's scarcely the only one.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Versus wrote:What's galling about Ikip/Inclusionist/Travb is that all that time he was accusing others of socking
He's scarcely the only one.
:facepalm: :lookdownnose: :rotfl:

Why do you even comment on these sorts of subjects?
This is not a signature.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 pm

What a POS:

Artificial gills (human) (T-H-L)

Desperately needs a total rewrite and update. Many of the refs are dead links. Almost no info on the long history of attempts to develop an artificial gill, all of them failures to date.

And just by the by, the "advertisement" part was inserted in September 2007 by administrator Anthony Appleyard. It also looks like a partial copyviol.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:03 am

Until I just tore it out, the "historical context" section of One Hundred Years of Solitude (T-H-L), an article about one of my all-time favorite books. Nine kilobytes of... the history of Colombia. Because someone thought that was what the book was "about".

What someone? College students. College students participating in something that called itself "Wikipedia:WikiProject Magical Realism Reconsidered (T-H-L)" in spring 2010. Four of them shat all over the article, and it remained in that state for the next four years. Who can we thank for this? Apparently their "Wikipedia liaison", Wadewitz (T-C-L) (formerly Awadewit). Thanks, pal.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:48 am

Hex wrote:Who can we thank for this? Apparently their "Wikipedia liaison", Wadewitz (T-C-L) (formerly Awadewit). Thanks, pal.
She had her fingers deep into the FA process for many years. One of "Raul's Dancing Monkeys", to coin a phrase.
Plus she was a regular on Peer Review, one of those stupid little backwaters where Wikipedians pat each other on the back, and very little real work is accomplished. Occidental is not getting their money's worth.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Hex wrote:Until I just tore it out, the "historical context" section of One Hundred Years of Solitude (T-H-L), an article about one of my all-time favorite books. Nine kilobytes of... the history of Colombia. Because someone thought that was what the book was "about".

What someone? College students. College students participating in something that called itself "Wikipedia:WikiProject Magical Realism Reconsidered (T-H-L)" in spring 2010. Four of them shat all over the article, and it remained in that state for the next four years. Who can we thank for this? Apparently their "Wikipedia liaison", Wadewitz (T-C-L) (formerly Awadewit). Thanks, pal.
When I read this, I thought, "Scott's wrong, the history of Colombia matters," then I tried to read the section you removed, wherein, I find, it's the history of Columbia within the context of the history of the Americas within a world view. The book, the book, I cry.

I read two paragraphs. Worst writing on a topic I have ever seen. Do you think it was a sophisticated hoax, write crap, see if anyone sees it for what it is?

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Cheetah (riding toy) (T-H-L):
A Cheetah could accelerate faster than a bicycle from the stopped position. From the stopped position a bicyclist places his weight on the pedal and is at the mercy of the maximum speed of gravity. Whereas a Cheetah rider may exert the full speed and power of both legs simultaneously. Which results in the plastic wheeles spinning like mad while the Cheetah goes nowhere. But time it right and you were at the end of the street before your friends who were not on Cheetahs left the house.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Ming wrote:Cheetah (riding toy) (T-H-L):
A Cheetah could accelerate faster than a bicycle from the stopped position. From the stopped position a bicyclist places his weight on the pedal and is at the mercy of the maximum speed of gravity. Whereas a Cheetah rider may exert the full speed and power of both legs simultaneously. Which results in the plastic wheeles spinning like mad while the Cheetah goes nowhere. But time it right and you were at the end of the street before your friends who were not on Cheetahs left the house.
Oh, I want one. Eat my dust, friends!

:rotfl:

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 am

Butts Up (T-H-L)

No, thankfully it's not what you think, but, in all honesty, :wtf:?
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:58 am

The Joy wrote:Butts Up (T-H-L)

No, thankfully it's not what you think, but, in all honesty, :wtf:?
Allow me to fail to clarify this further:
A.K.A. "Burn Ball", "Ballsies", "Rump Rounders", "Buttock Blocker", "Red Butt," "Blackjack", "Assies' Rehab & Tea", "Wall Ball", "Slaughterhouse", "Fumble", "Butt Ball", "Beartrap",[1][2] "Asses Up", "Suicides", "Stitch", "Peg", "Fire in the Bum", "A-Ball", "Buns Up", "Booties Up", "No Fear", "Red Bum", "Jetters", "Red Ass", "Red Out", "Sting", "Error", "Off the Wall", "Kirby", "Spread," or "Burn"

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone