Newyorkbrad announces he's "off for fun"

neved
Gregarious
kołdry
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Newyorkbrad announces he's "off for fun"

Unread post by neved » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 am

Newyorkbrad came up with yet another poem, which he plagiarized from this old nursery rhyme, signing it with his user name with no mentioning where the rhymes came from:
Hickory Dickory Dock
My post ran out the clock
The clock struck none,
I'm off for fun,
But first I've been trolled by a sock.

Newyorkbrad (talk) 07:45, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
So just for fun I used another nursery rhyme to respond:

There is a crooked man with a crooked smile.
He writes crooked poems in a crooked style.
He trolls a crooked site, from his crooked house,
And imposes crocked blocks, clicking his crooked mouse.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

AndyTheGrump
Habitué
Wikipedia User: AndyTheGrump (editor/heckler)

Re: Newyorkbrad announces he's "off for fun"

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:41 am

God, the members of this forum are getting desperate. First we have Kohs creating multiple threads concerning the astonishing revelations about Jimbo forgetting to sign on, and now Newyorkbrad is being hauled over the coals for 'plagiarising' a nursery rhyme written by who-knows-who back in the days when everyone plagiarised everyone else (see W. Shakespeare) and nobody gave a fart...

What astonishing news will we see next: ArbCom member misspells 'indefinite'? 'Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard' found to contain entire paragraph with no obscure Wikipedia jargon? DYK hook found to be both correct and interesting? I can't wait...

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:59 am

AndyTheGrump wrote:What astonishing news will we see next: ArbCom member misspells 'indefinite'? 'Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard' found to contain entire paragraph with no obscure Wikipedia jargon? DYK hook found to be both correct and interesting? I can't wait...
Don't underestimate the sheer momentousness of their finally managing to pull off an interesting DYK hook, much less a correct one.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:01 am

AndyTheGrump wrote:What astonishing news will we see next: ArbCom member misspells 'indefinite'? 'Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard' found to contain entire paragraph with no obscure Wikipedia jargon? DYK hook found to be both correct and interesting? I can't wait...
I dunno. "Someone responds to a harmless, jokey little poem with a harmless, jokey little poem - world ends at 11" maybe?
God, the members of this forum are getting desperate.
Aren't you a member? You should join.

Consider also that at the other site, there's probably half a chance your post would be instantly wrapped in one of those lovely "hat with last word" templates, with a pearl of wisdom like "CLOSED:Wikipediocracy Review is thataway" at the top.

But yeah, silly is silly.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:05 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
Don't underestimate the sheer momentousness of their finally managing to pull off an interesting DYK hook, much less a correct one.
Indeed. But Andy is correct that expecting to maintain an interesting criticism site just on the strength of a hen's tooth like that would be foolhardy, should anyone consider doing so.
I think that's what he meant. You could, and I would, call it a strawman, but not fundamentally untrue. Just silly. See, I can do them too...

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:07 am

Jim wrote:...Andy is correct that expecting to maintain an interesting criticism site just on the strength of a hen's tooth like that would be foolhardy, should anyone consider doing so.
Well, good thing this isn't our only thread, then! :hmmm:

I'll admit, I've never liked seeing these threads where someone has done a spin-job on the title to get people to click on it, only to find it describes a trivial incident posted just to stir the pot on some simmering vendetta or other. We could delete it, but that often makes it worse... and now here *I* am, failing to ignore it like I should. And on a Friday night, no less.

I need a better agent...

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:09 am

You don't get to see the really juicy stuff. Sorry.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:59 am

Now, now, AndyTheGrump is a valued member of these forums. He risks considerable credibility on Wikipedia just by being a member and posting here.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:11 am

I authorize Andy to vote with my proxy, here and at Wikipedia.

Andy is too gentle to use this smiley, so I shall do it for him:
:topicsucks:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
You run into assholes all day; you're the asshole.

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:27 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:God, the members of this forum are getting desperate. First we have Kohs creating multiple threads concerning the astonishing revelations about Jimbo forgetting to sign on, and now Newyorkbrad is being hauled over the coals for 'plagiarising' a nursery rhyme written by who-knows-who back in the days when everyone plagiarised everyone else (see W. Shakespeare) and nobody gave a fart...

What astonishing news will we see next: ArbCom member misspells 'indefinite'? 'Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard' found to contain entire paragraph with no obscure Wikipedia jargon? DYK hook found to be both correct and interesting? I can't wait...
What shall we do with the grumpy pirate?
Early in the morning

Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Early in the morning

Do a little jig and make him smile
Early in the morning
But I failed making him smile. :XD
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Jim wrote:...Andy is correct that expecting to maintain an interesting criticism site just on the strength of a hen's tooth like that would be foolhardy, should anyone consider doing so.
Well, good thing this isn't our only thread, then! :hmmm:

I'll admit, I've never liked seeing these threads where someone has done a spin-job on the title to get people to click on it, only to find it describes a trivial incident posted just to stir the pot on some simmering vendetta or other. We could delete it, but that often makes it worse... and now here *I* am, failing to ignore it like I should. And on a Friday night, no less.

I need a better agent...
And I was happy with my title. :blink:

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:38 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:I can't wait...
I can't wait for you to start contributing usefully to this site, rather than just bitching and moaning about things that you could more easily ignore.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Unread post by Kumioko » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:56 pm

thekohser wrote:
I can't wait for you to start contributing usefully to this site, rather than just bitching and moaning about things that you could more easily ignore.
Heresa potential future discussion. AndyTheGrump, cheers up! :XD

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:58 pm

thekohser wrote:
You mean, "he doesn't seem to be here to criticize an encyclopedia?"
:rotfl:

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:God, the members of this forum are getting desperate. First we have Kohs creating multiple threads concerning the astonishing revelations about Jimbo forgetting to sign on, and now Newyorkbrad is being hauled over the coals for 'plagiarising' a nursery rhyme written by who-knows-who back in the days when everyone plagiarised everyone else (see W. Shakespeare) and nobody gave a fart...

+1

I did enjoy Brad's limerick. The crooked mouse thing wasn't bad either. Maybe we should just make this a Wikipedia doggerel thread...

RfB

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:04 pm

neved wrote:Newyorkbrad came up with yet another poem, which he plagiarized from this old nursery rhyme, signing it with his user name with no mentioning where the rhymes came from:
Hickory Dickory Dock
My post ran out the clock
The clock struck none,
I'm off for fun,
But first I've been trolled by a sock.

Newyorkbrad (talk) 07:45, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Hah, he was probably plagiarizing Andrew Dice Clay (T-H-L)
This is not a signature.

Captain Occam
Gregarious

Unread post by Captain Occam » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:I did enjoy Brad's limerick. The crooked mouse thing wasn't bad either. Maybe we should just make this a Wikipedia doggerel thread...

RfB
I've got a bit of Wikipedia doggerel I wrote about two years ago that I don't think I've ever posted here. I'll post it if anyone wants to see it, but it's about a sockmaster (Echigo mole) who's been inactive for more than a year, so I'm not sure anyone will remember him.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:48 am

Lol, I think I'll take a stab at one myself:

Hickory Dickory Dock
The Arbs ran out the clock
The case went long,
When all was done,
They doled out a mere admonishment.

lonza leggiera
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: David J Wilson (no longer active); Freda Nurk
Wikipedia Review Member: lonza leggiera
Actual Name: David Wilson

Unread post by lonza leggiera » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 am

Jimbo's fight with Kohs has won
the latter's lifetime ban,
and everything that Jimbo's done
Kohs was sure to pan.

Jimbo bravely took a gun
to shoot some fruit and veg.
Thought Kohs with glee,"Let's have some fun.
This must give me an edge."

He tried with blatant mockery
to effect Jimbo's embarrassment,
but due to puppet sockery
he's now accused of harassment.*

I would have, for this awful piece,
poetic licence tendered,
except that by the taste police
it has now been suspended.

* British pronunciation, with emphasis on the first syllable
E voi, piuttosto che le nostre povere gabbane d'istrioni, le nostr' anime considerate. Perchè siam uomini di carne ed ossa, e di quest' orfano mondo, al pari di voi, spiriamo l'aere.

Captain Occam
Gregarious

Unread post by Captain Occam » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:05 pm

All right, I guess I'll go ahead and post my own. This will probably be funniest to people who remember Echigo mole (T-C-L) and his 200 or so sockpuppets.

Echigo mole is a curious creature:
Anger arises wherever he walks.
Footprints of rage are his notable feature,
Left by the steps of his dozens of socks.
Where did they come from, and how were they made,
So many they are and so proudly displayed,
In grandiose glee of his footwear parade,
Whenever and where opportunity knocks?

Astounding it is, you will never believe
That the socks were created quite far in advance.
And as a magician hides tricks in his sleeve,
So a mole hides his socks in the legs of his pants.
The socks are of vintage like bottles of wine,
To store and mature for his clever design:
To pull out a sock made in two thousand nine,
And spotlight a little-known alley in France.

He lurks in his lair of a big wooden box.
Its liftable lid contains more than one hole,
From which may emerge hands and feet bearing socks,
To fight for the crown of the world's greatest troll.
His trousers are naught to be sorry about,
The socks kept inside them are strong beyond doubt:
For Echigo knows that by pulling them out,
He causes old Tony to play whack-a-mole.

There are two specific socks referenced in this poem: I'm sorry about your trousers (T-C-L) and Silver starfish (T-C-L). Silver Starfish is an account he created in August 2009, and then put away for more than two years until he used it to create the Rue Cardinale article in 2012.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Captain Occam wrote:There are two specific socks referenced in this poem: I'm sorry about your trousers (T-C-L) and Silver starfish (T-C-L). Silver Starfish is an account he created in August 2009, and then put away for more than two years until he used it to create the Rue Cardinale article in 2012.
Wow, 2 years is a long time to hold on to a sock. I'm not familiar with that case so what did he do that tipped someone off that he was a returned banned editor? That's well beyond anything the checkuser can see so I can't help but wonder if this is one of those cases where someone says it looks and smells like a fish so it must be, when its actually just an innocent editor caught in the Witchhunt.

Captain Occam
Gregarious

Unread post by Captain Occam » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Kumioko wrote:Wow, 2 years is a long time to hold on to a sock. I'm not familiar with that case so what did he do that tipped someone off that he was a returned banned editor? That's well beyond anything the checkuser can see so I can't help but wonder if this is one of those cases where someone says it looks and smells like a fish so it must be, when its actually just an innocent editor caught in the Witchhunt.
Actually, now that I look more closely, Silver Starfish was never blocked. There are several accounts that Mathsci tagged as socks even though the SPI results came up negative, and that one's an example. In this case he did it against another editor's objections, as you can see from the editing history of Silver Starfish's user page.

I do think this account probably was Echigo mole, but I suppose it shouldn't be tagged as a sock if there was never enough proof to block it.

EDIT: For what it's worth, A. K. Nole (who probably is the same person as Echigo mole) also included the account on a list of some of his socks here.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Captain Occam wrote:
Kumioko wrote:Wow, 2 years is a long time to hold on to a sock. I'm not familiar with that case so what did he do that tipped someone off that he was a returned banned editor? That's well beyond anything the checkuser can see so I can't help but wonder if this is one of those cases where someone says it looks and smells like a fish so it must be, when its actually just an innocent editor caught in the Witchhunt.
Actually, now that I look more closely, Silver Starfish was never blocked. There are several accounts that Mathsci tagged as socks even though the SPI results came up negative, and that one's an example. In this case he did it against another editor's objections, as you can see from the editing history of Silver Starfish's user page.

I do think this account probably was Echigo mole, but I suppose it shouldn't be tagged as a sock if there was never enough proof to block it.

EDIT: For what it's worth, A. K. Nole (who probably is the same person as Echigo mole) also included the account on a list of some of his socks here.
Interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Triptych
Retired
Wikipedia User: it's alliterative

Unread post by Triptych » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
I did enjoy Brad's limerick. The crooked mouse thing wasn't bad either. Maybe we should just make this a Wikipedia doggerel thread...
Aargh! Hickory Dickory Dock is not a %$&ing limerick! It's a nursery rhyme.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 pm

Brad doesn't live out in Nantucket
nor does he reside in a bucket
when he visits us here
the reaction's severe
and as for the rhyming, it sucketh.

:rotfl:

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 pm

Triptych wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
IMO, since the Arbcom is mostly children and often act like children, chiding them with a little nursery rhyme is both ironic and amusing. Here's to you Arbcomians! :banana:

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:01 pm

I started the thread for fun, and I am happy that now it's getting responses I hoped for, and that not everybody here is the grump :-)
Nice poems, everybody! Thanks for sharing.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 am

Triptych wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
A
A
B
B
A

Whatever.

t

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:28 am

“You are old, Father Brad,” the young man did state,
“And your hair has become rather thin;
And yet you incessantly pontificate –
Do you care, at your age, if you win?”

“In my youth,” Father Brad replied to the mite,
“I feared it might injure the brain;
But, now that I’m perfectly sure I am right,
Why, I do it again and again.”

“You are old,” said the youth, “have I mentioned that yet?
And have grown most uncommonly fat;
Yet you twist legal nothings to fashion a "threat" –
Pray, what is the reason of that?”

“In my youth,” said the sage, as he polished his brow,
“I kept all my posturing mild,
Yet I find it is harder to stick to that now –
And I yearn for the faith of a child”

“You are old,” said the youth, “and your logic grows less
And people begin to see through it;
Why it doesn't abate, I can't see, I confess -
Pray how do you manage to do it?”

“In my youth,” said his father, “I took to the law,
And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength, which it gave to my jaw,
Has lasted the rest of my life.”

:sorry: Brad.

Meant in good humour.

AndyTheGrump
Habitué

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Triptych wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
A
A
B
B
A

Whatever.

t
Archetypal Limerick template:

There once was an entity E
That satisfied predicate P.
It performed action A
In a specified way,
Resulting in circumstance C.

Brad's ditty doesn't quite conform.

Anthonyhcole
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Anthonyhcole

Unread post by Anthonyhcole » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Mr Vigillant. Paging Mr Vigillant.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:59 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote: Archetypal Limerick template:

It performed action A
In a specified way,
That's actually quite cool, and very well constructed.

It probably deserves to be in the article Limerick (poetry) (T-H-L), rather than just lingering, semi-ignored, on the talkpage, because, really, it just works as a succinct summary of a limerick's form.
It would add value to that article, I think, to include that.

But, y'know - OR/RS and all that...
Last edited by Jim on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
Triptych wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:I did enjoy Brad's limerick. The crooked mouse thing wasn't bad either. Maybe we should just make this a Wikipedia doggerel thread...
  • A
    A
    B
    B
    A
Whatever.
t
Archetypal Limerick template:
  • There once was an entity E
    It performed action A
    In a specified way,
Brad's ditty doesn't quite conform.

:bow:

Discussing the role of outside financing on megauniversities, Clark Kerr (T-H-L) quoted this limerick:
Clark Kerr wrote:
  • "There was a young lady from Kent
    Who said that she knew what it meant
    When men took her to dine,
    Gave her cocktails and wine'
    She knew what it meant---but she went."
Quoted by Hal Draper (T-H-L)
http://www.fsm-a.org/FSM%20Documents/In ... ls/293.pdf
https://www.marxists.org/archive/draper ... 0/kerr.htm
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
You run into assholes all day; you're the asshole.

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Jim wrote:

It performed action A
In a specified way,

It probably deserves to be in the article Limerick (poetry) (T-H-L), rather than just lingering, semi-ignored, on the talkpage, because, really, it just works as a succinct summary of a limerick's form.

Yes, I liked it too.
Now let me try

Brad said he was off for fun
But I am sure he would get none
Brad is sad, he's obsessed with the socks,
And all he could think of are blocks...
I hope you like my pun.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Triptych wrote:Aargh! Hickory Dickory Dock is not a %$&ing limerick! It's a nursery rhyme.
They're not exclusive categories. There are several limericks in the Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Triptych
Retired
Wikipedia User: it's alliterative

Unread post by Triptych » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:58 am

There once was an Arbcom buffoon
Yea, though compared among them no goon
So timid he quivered
And now and then shivered
As if he that whale Brad feared an harpoon
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

AndyTheGrump
Habitué

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:16 am

Jim wrote:

It performed action A
In a specified way,

Yeah - unsourced, and added by an anonymous IP, sadly. I'm fairly sure I'd seen it somewhere else first, but a Google search only turns up the talk page.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:29 am

Anthonyhcole wrote:Mr Vigillant. Paging Mr Vigillant.
Lack of vigilance
Broken poetry crying
Absence of Haiku

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 am

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Notvelty
Retired

Unread post by Notvelty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:46 am

Triptych wrote:There once was an Arbcom buffoon
Yea, though compared among them no goon
So timid he quivered
And now and then shivered
As if he that whale Brad feared an harpoon
There once was a guy with no rhythm,
Who thought that limericks kind of just needed to have something rhyme her with rhythm,
Be wasn't much good
At working out the.fourth line umm.. something 'ood
And then finished with something that was really forced and anyway didn't rhyme much with rhythm.

Look! I dun a Cosmic Lymerick.
-----------
Notvelty

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:11 am

Five syllables here
Should this be six, or seven?
How, now, to finish?

Haiku in English (T-H-L)
At its most minimal, haiku may occasionally consist of a single word:
tundra
Cor van den Heuvel (the window-washer's pail, 1963)
core
John Stevenson (Live Again, 2009)
radish

Notvelty
Retired

Unread post by Notvelty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Jim wrote:Five syllables here
How, now, to finish?

Haiku in English (T-H-L)
tundra
core
radish
Category: Single word haiku in Latvian.
-----------
Notvelty

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Notvelty wrote:
How, now, to finish?

Haiku in English (T-H-L)
tundra
core
radish
I still think we're missing a trick. The zero word haiku, where the art and skill of the poet is in which single word he omits.

Notvelty
Retired

Unread post by Notvelty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Jim wrote:
Notvelty wrote:
How, now, to finish?

Haiku in English (T-H-L)
tundra
core
radish
I still think we're missing a trick. The zero word haiku, where the art and skill of the poet is in which single word he omits.
I believe the Australia Council already gives grants for that.
-----------
Notvelty

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 pm

And, because no poetry thread would be complete without it - my favourite "repeating word haiku" (with Greek subtitles - there's that Australia Council influence again...)

Bielle
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Bielle
Wikipedia Review Member: Bielle

Unread post by Bielle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:39 am

Jim wrote:And, because no poetry thread would be complete without it - my favourite "repeating word haiku" (with Greek subtitles - there's that Australia Council influence again...)
It is the Greek subtitles that are the making of this poem.

Bielle
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Bielle
Wikipedia Review Member: Bielle

Unread post by Bielle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 am

Notvelty wrote:
Jim wrote:
Notvelty wrote:
How, now, to finish?

Haiku in English (T-H-L)
tundra
core
radish
I believe the Australia Council already gives grants for that.
And I seem to recall that the Canadian Arts Council has an annual award.

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:41 am

Bielle wrote:
Jim wrote:And, because no poetry thread would be complete without it - my favourite "repeating word haiku" (with Greek subtitles - there's that Australia Council influence again...)
It is the Greek subtitles that are the making of this poem.
:D :applause:

Newyorkbrad
Gregarious

Unread post by Newyorkbrad » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:16 am

I see that the poetastry has been fecund
While I was away for the holiday weekend.
But this is a lousy excuse for a thread,
And the doggerel here would be better unread.

Notvelty
Retired

Unread post by Notvelty » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am

Newyorkbrad wrote:I see that the poetastry has been fecund
While I was away for the holiday weekend.
But this is a lousy excuse for a thread,
And the doggerel here would be better unread.
And thus was born the Wikipediocracy "Topaz" Award for poetry?
-----------
Notvelty