Jim
Blue Meanie
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Re: Overrepresented Content on Wikipedia

Unread post by Jim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 pm

thekohser wrote:
eagle wrote:Overweight: 108 kg (238 lb; 17.0 st).
Do you know his height? This is a perfect weight for a man 6' 11".
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 108 kg (238 lb; 17.0 st)

It's in the infobox.

Eyes Green, short-sighted
Handedness Right-handed
Marital status Single
Siblings One brother.
Pets A dog.
Occupation Unemployed

Johnny Au
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Johnny Au
Actual Name: Johnny Au

Unread post by Johnny Au » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Jim wrote:
thekohser wrote:
eagle wrote:Overweight: 108 kg (238 lb; 17.0 st).
Do you know his height? This is a perfect weight for a man 6' 11".
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 108 kg (238 lb; 17.0 st)

It's in the infobox.

Eyes Green, short-sighted
Handedness Right-handed
Marital status Single
Siblings One brother.
Pets A dog.
Occupation Unemployed
We can determine his body mass index, which is 31.2. He is obese.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:58 am

Why? Is it a brainworm we caught from Wikipedia?
:picard:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 am

Zoloft wrote:Why? Is it a brainworm we caught from Wikipedia?
Actually, I'm not sure - we were talking about snooker - perhaps it wasn't interesting enough.

Interestingly, Steve Davis (T-H-L), who was the most successful snooker player when I was a lad, has only a wee 185 kb in his bio, compared to the 200+ kb for Ronnie O'Sullivan (T-H-L), who is actually so important he has a thread here now.

I say "interestingly", with regards to Steve Davis, because
Wikipedia wrote:His initial lack of emotional expression and somewhat monotonous interviewing style earned him a reputation as boring. As a result, the satirical television series Spitting Image (T-H-L) gave him the ironic nickname "Interesting"

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 am

Jim wrote:
Zoloft wrote:Why? Is it a brainworm we caught from Wikipedia?
Actually, I'm not sure - we were talking about snooker - perhaps it wasn't interesting enough.

Interestingly, Steve Davis (T-H-L), who was the most successful snooker player when I was a lad, has only a wee 185 kb in his bio, compared to the 200+ kb for Ronnie O'Sullivan (T-H-L), who is actually so important he has a thread here now.

I say "interestingly", with regards to Steve Davis, because
Wikipedia wrote:His initial lack of emotional expression and somewhat monotonous interviewing style earned him a reputation as boring. As a result, the satirical television series Spitting Image (T-H-L) gave him the ironic nickname "Interesting"
I remember sitting up into the small hours watching the Steve Davis – Dennis Taylor final, decided on the final black ... gripping stuff. :D

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 am

HRIP7 wrote:I remember sitting up into the small hours watching the Steve Davis – Dennis Taylor final, decided on the final black ... gripping stuff. :D
:D I remember that too. It has an article, of course: 1985 World Snooker Championship final (T-H-L)

eagle
Eagle

Unread post by eagle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:45 pm

To repeat my earlier point, where are the articles Snooker at the Olympics (T-H-L) and Female Professional Snooker Players (T-H-L)? Why isn't there coverage of Snooker at the Paralympic Games? Given these gaps in coverage, it may not meet my test of an overrepresented content area. :evilgrin:

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:01 pm

eagle wrote:To repeat my earlier point, where are the articles Snooker at the Olympics (T-H-L) and Female Professional Snooker Players (T-H-L)? Why isn't there coverage of Snooker at the Paralympic Games? Given these gaps in coverage, it may not meet my test of an overrepresented content area. :evilgrin:
Er... It's not an Olympic sport (although it would like to be), so that would be a short article, possibly consisting of this sentence up to the first comma.

Your second one would be fixed by replacing the Category system with something that actually worked, i.e. individual attributes and the ability to query intersections. No need for all these silly articles that are really just lists of stuff already in the articles, nor any need for [[Category:Female Purple Chief Executives of USA Non-Profit organisations with unemployed significant others]], if that was fixed. Create the query - see the results.

And (3) :iknowiknow: Snooker at the Summer Paralympics (T-H-L)

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:06 am

Chess variant (T-H-L) and various articles on specific chess variants

eagle
Eagle

Unread post by eagle » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:45 am

Jim wrote:[And (3) :iknowiknow: Snooker at the Summer Paralympics (T-H-L)
Oh my God, I would have thought that you made LauraHale's heaven on earth until I actually read the data and saw that there were only male parathletes competing there, and Australia did not win anything. Could you please at least add a sentence proclaiming that Snooker is an "Olympic Sport" because the IOC recognized the International Billiards and Snooker Federation (T-H-L) as a sports federation. Perhaps we have been snookered.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:27 am

Johnny Au wrote:Chess variant (T-H-L) and various articles on specific chess variants
See, the thing is, I found that quite interesting. But then, I like chess.
That's the thing with "Overrepresented Content", I suppose - it's only overrepresented if it doesn't interest you.

Wow, with statements like that, I guess I'll need to be careful I don't become that "Dream Focus" guy...

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Jim wrote:
Johnny Au wrote:Chess variant (T-H-L) and various articles on specific chess variants
See, the thing is, I found that quite interesting. But then, I like chess.
That's the thing with "Overrepresented Content", I suppose - it's only overrepresented if it doesn't interest you.

Wow, with statements like that, I guess I'll need to be careful I don't become that "Dream Focus" guy...
There are so much overrepresented content that I am interested in. I can't beat beginner AI on chess, but I am still fascinated by it.

There are many articles on chess variants. Yet, there are no articles on specific Go variants invented in the 20th century or later, although there is an article on Go variants (T-H-L).

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Johnny Au wrote:There are many articles on chess variants. Yet, there are no articles on specific Go variants invented in the 20th century or later, although there is an article on Go variants (T-H-L).
Certainly in the USA and UK, chess is vastly more popular than Go, so that's not too surprising. What is the position on the Japanese WP?
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

KendriaP
Contributor
Wikipedia User: 由雅なおは

Unread post by KendriaP » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 am

There's WAY too many articles on obscure anime on WP, and too many articles on individual episodes of the Simpsons.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:07 pm

And too many about King of the Hill characters. They have character descriptions at the main article, then there's a separate "List of King of the Hill characters", then a bunch of the characters have their own poorly-sourced, overly-detailed articles that are almost entirely fansite-style essays.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:34 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:And too many about King of the Hill characters. They have character descriptions at the main article, then there's a separate "List of King of the Hill characters", then a bunch of the characters have their own poorly-sourced, overly-detailed articles that are almost entirely fansite-style essays.
yup.

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:01 pm

I have absolutely wondered how Santa's Little Helper (T-H-L) and Kang and Kodos (T-H-L) gain "Good Article" status.

There is also this list: List of The Simpsons couch gags (T-H-L) and this list: List of Itchy & Scratchy episodes (T-H-L)

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Scott5114 wrote:This arrangement usually makes more sense for roads because the history of different segments of a route will often be very disparate from one another (the history of a route segment in Georgia usually won't have many effects on a segment of the same route in Michigan) and because each segment will draw on different sources.
Certainly not the case for the celebrated failure of the federal government to route Interstate 69 for its entire length; while the bickering over the route through southern Indiana is largely an Indiana issue, the debate as to whether to go down the east or west bank of the Mississippi is absolutely a multistate issue that trades heavily on the influence of individual senators. Indeed, with Trent Lott's departure from the Congress, it's entirely possible that the shaky balance that had led to the eastern routing being provisionally selected has fallen apart, and should Indiana ever decide on a routing through southern Indiana, the whole "which bank" question would almost certainly end up being furiously religitated. Would you write an "Interstate 69 in Arkansas" article if the eventual routing goes through Tennessee (as it was planned to do last I heard) and skipped Arkansas entirely?

Another example is the Chicago–Kansas City Expressway (T-H-L), which utterly fails to mention that Missouri has little interest in this road project, or indeed has any comment at all on the political and economic dimensions of this go-nowhere road project. It's not like there isn't plenty of good source material, either; many Illinois and Missouri newspapers have extensive coverage (both reporting and editorial) about the fairly amusing political gamesmanship going on here.

I submit that the real reason why such factors are not considered by USRD is because its members are largely uninterested in politics or in the complex political maneuvering that goes into such decisions. They don't understand them and don't want to write about them, and so they have selected an editorial format that leaves no place for them. However, for most people, these issues are quite possibly the most interesting thing there is to say about these roads.

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:30 pm

eagle wrote:After the OCD editors finish, we will have an article on every military installation, every mental institution, every community college, every hydroelectric dam, every building on the national register of historic places, etc. (Not because they are worthy of our scholarship, but because we must finish off the damned list.)
I seem to recall that someone was, at one point, creating articles (or threatening to do so) for each registered antenna in the FCC's antenna registration database. There are about a quarter million of these, most of which are cell phone towers having no particularly interesting characteristics. The fact that some towers are interesting (KVLY-TV mast (T-H-L)) does not make all of them interesting, but that fact is often lost on people with OCD.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Kelly Martin wrote:I seem to recall that someone was, at one point, creating articles (or threatening to do so) for each registered antenna in the FCC's antenna registration database. There are about a quarter million of these, most of which are cell phone towers having no particularly interesting characteristics. The fact that some towers are interesting (KVLY-TV mast (T-H-L)) does not make all of them interesting, but that fact is often lost on people with OCD.
I wonder, would they have included the faked antenna registrations, too?
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Kelly Martin wrote:
eagle wrote:After the OCD editors finish, we will have an article on every military installation, every mental institution, every community college, every hydroelectric dam, every building on the national register of historic places, etc. (Not because they are worthy of our scholarship, but because we must finish off the damned list.)
I seem to recall that someone was, at one point, creating articles (or threatening to do so) for each registered antenna in the FCC's antenna registration database. There are about a quarter million of these, most of which are cell phone towers having no particularly interesting characteristics. The fact that some towers are interesting (KVLY-TV mast (T-H-L)) does not make all of them interesting, but that fact is often lost on people with OCD.
It seems to have attracted the interest of a vandal, who changed "Hamilton Electric Company" to "Hamilton Erection Company" in April, 2012, and the change is still present in the article: link

:always:

(edited)

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:00 am

mac wrote:
Kelly Martin wrote:
It seems to have attracted the interest of a vandal, who changed "Hamilton Electric Company" to "Hamilton Erection Company" in April, 2012, and the change is still present in the article: link
That might be the name of the company. A lot of companies that put up towers call themselves Erection Companies. (Erection as in erecting a tower, not the term for an erect penis).

https://www.google.com/search?q=hamilto ... hannel=nts

Of course, since the sentence isn't sourced, who knows?

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: formerly Konveyor Belt

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:08 am

The Garbage Scow wrote:
mac wrote:
Kelly Martin wrote:
That might be the name of the company. A lot of companies that put up towers call themselves Erection Companies. (Erection as in erecting a tower, not the term for an erect penis).

https://www.google.com/search?q=hamilto ... hannel=nts

Of course, since the sentence isn't sourced, who knows?
Neither search for "hamilton erection company south carolina" or electric company turned up anything at all.
Always improving...

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:17 am

Johnny Au wrote:There is also this list: List of The Simpsons couch gags (T-H-L) and this list: List of Itchy & Scratchy episodes (T-H-L)
Jesus:
Synopsis: The scene is at an Olympic Games. A fanfare is heard, and then the theme for Chariots of Fire begins playing. Scratchy is participating in the 100-Yard Dash event. Shortly before the starting gun is sounded, Itchy drives a spike though Scratchy's tail with a sledgehammer, pinning Scratchy to the ground. Scratchy takes off skinless and wins the race. Later, his skeleton is shown on a Wheaties box. This is one of the few Itchy and Scratchy episodes in which Scratchy ends up happy in the end, as his skeleton expression of the Wheaties box is cheerful. At the end of the episode, there was a sign that said "Good Luck to our Athletes from Itchy & Scratchy, Official Animated Cat and Mouse Team of the 1984 Olympics."
Only autistic people talk like that, in my experience.

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:25 am

Konveyor Belt wrote:Neither search for "hamilton erection company south carolina" or electric company turned up anything at all.
Did for me, actually; there's a Hamilton Electric and Plumbing in some South Carolina town. Obviously not them.

However, the tower was built in 1963, and it's entirely plausible that the company responsible has since gone out of business without bothering to create a web page in the interim. Perhaps you should try checking York County public records to see if they had a business license back then.

Notvelty
Retired

Unread post by Notvelty » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:49 am

Kelly Martin wrote:
Konveyor Belt wrote:Neither search for "hamilton erection company south carolina" or electric company turned up anything at all.
Did for me, actually; there's a Hamilton Electric and Plumbing in some South Carolina town. Obviously not them.

However, the tower was built in 1963, and it's entirely plausible that the company responsible has since gone out of business without bothering to create a web page in the interim. Perhaps you should try checking York County public records to see if they had a business license back then.
Construction companies set up for a particular project and then dissolved? Why, that'd mean that effectively no one would be liable for damages resulting from stuff-ups, laziness or outright fraud. And I just can't see that in the construction industry. Tell me it ain't so, Kelly. :)
-----------
Notvelty

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:27 am

Kelly Martin wrote:

Who cares? I don't care, and I'm certainly not wasting 20 minutes of my life to search through records. This is when Mr. Big editor with 50 barnstars and as many FAs comes to do the work for me, because it will look good on his RfA.
Always improving...

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Konveyor Belt wrote:
Kelly Martin wrote:

Who cares? I don't care, and I'm certainly not wasting 20 minutes of my life to search through records. This is when Mr. Big editor with 50 barnstars and as many FAs comes to do the work for me, because it will look good on his RfA.
You folks must not be very good at searching Google! I found this in about 15 seconds:

I think Melvin got out of the tower construction business and is now a Realtor.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:59 pm

At least the Hamilton Erection Company is not a joke.

Having detailed synopses for 10-30-second-long shows-within-shows within a popular show is definitely overrepresented content. Wikipedia is not SNPP (Simpsons fan site).

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Konveyor Belt wrote:Who cares? I don't care...
Why are you actively falsifying Wikipedia, then, if you don't care?

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:46 pm

thekohser wrote:
Because nobody cares.
Always improving...

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 pm

thekohser wrote:
To support you in your campaign to demonstrate that Wikipedia is not constantly improving.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Kelly Martin wrote:
Scott5114 wrote:This arrangement usually makes more sense for roads because the history of different segments of a route will often be very disparate from one another (the history of a route segment in Georgia usually won't have many effects on a segment of the same route in Michigan) and because each segment will draw on different sources.
Certainly not the case for the celebrated failure of the federal government to route Interstate 69 for its entire length; while the bickering over the route through southern Indiana is largely an Indiana issue, the debate as to whether to go down the east or west bank of the Mississippi is absolutely a multistate issue that trades heavily on the influence of individual senators. Indeed, with Trent Lott's departure from the Congress, it's entirely possible that the shaky balance that had led to the eastern routing being provisionally selected has fallen apart, and should Indiana ever decide on a routing through southern Indiana, the whole "which bank" question would almost certainly end up being furiously religitated. Would you write an "Interstate 69 in Arkansas" article if the eventual routing goes through Tennessee (as it was planned to do last I heard) and skipped Arkansas entirely?

Another example is the Chicago–Kansas City Expressway (T-H-L), which utterly fails to mention that Missouri has little interest in this road project, or indeed has any comment at all on the political and economic dimensions of this go-nowhere road project. It's not like there isn't plenty of good source material, either; many Illinois and Missouri newspapers have extensive coverage (both reporting and editorial) about the fairly amusing political gamesmanship going on here.

I submit that the real reason why
such factors are not considered by USRD is because its members are largely uninterested in politics or in the complex political maneuvering that goes into such decisions. They don't understand them and don't want to write about them, and so they have selected an editorial format that leaves no place for them. However, for most people, these issues are quite possibly the most interesting thing there is to say about these roads.
I recommend the discussion of Long Island roads in Robert Caro (T-H-L)'s The Power Broker (T-H-L).
The New York Times wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/nyreg ... d=all&_r=0

two allegations in “The Power Broker”: One is that Moses chilled the water at a swimming pool in East Harlem based on his belief that blacks disliked cold water. The other is that Moses built low bridges to keep buses — ostensibly carrying black passengers — away from Jones Beach.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
You run into assholes all day; you're the asshole.

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:53 pm

I have studied about Robert Moses. He does not even drive! Yes, I know about the Jones Beach bridge being low to prevent buses from entering.

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:56 pm

thekohser wrote:
Konveyor Belt wrote:
Kelly Martin wrote:

You folks must not be very good at searching Google! I found this in about 15 seconds:

I think Melvin got out of the tower construction business and is now a Realtor.
Oops, sorry 'bout that.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:04 pm

thekohser wrote:Image
That image may not be long for the Commons world.

It's amazing to me, my items that Commons will pick up on as non-free content, while letting wagonloads of other non-free content slip by unquestioned.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 pm

thekohser wrote:
thekohser wrote:Image
That image may not be long for the Commons world.

It's amazing to me, my items that Commons will pick up on as non-free content, while letting wagonloads of other non-free content slip by unquestioned.
There's no copyright tag. Are you claiming that this is PD or CC?

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Poetlister wrote:There's no copyright tag. Are you claiming that this is PD or CC?
I'm claiming that it's a screen shot of a small portion of an out-of-print annual business directory, whose publisher ceases to exist, as far as I know. I noted in the upload that it was "out of print", and that I did not own the image. It served its purpose. I couldn't care less what Commons wishes to do with it now. Their standards of "allowed" and "disallowed" images are so confusing and haphazardly enforced, I didn't wish to bother myself with an entire afternoon of trying to figure out what I should mark down for the licensing terms.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:30 pm

thekohser wrote:
Poetlister wrote:There's no copyright tag. Are you claiming that this is PD or CC?
I'm claiming that it's a screen shot of a small portion of an out-of-print annual business directory, whose publisher ceases to exist, as far as I know. I noted in the upload that it was "out of print", and that I did not own the image. It served its purpose. I couldn't care less what Commons wishes to do with it now. Their standards of "allowed" and "disallowed" images are so confusing and haphazardly enforced, I didn't wish to bother myself with an entire afternoon of trying to figure out what I should mark down for the licensing terms.
I quite agree with you. My point is that if someone slaps a PD tag on an image, lazy people aren't going to investigate. However, if someone puts on no tag, any idiot can see immediately that it can be challenged.

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Yip Yips (T-H-L) is proof Sesame Street is overrepresented.

Even another pair of fictional extraterrestrials Kang and Kodos (T-H-L) is better written and has a reception section.

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 pm

More on transport systems Warboys railway station (T-H-L)
Warboys railway station was a railway station in Warboys, Cambridgeshire, which is now closed.
So now you know.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:53 pm

lilburne wrote:More on transport systems Warboys railway station (T-H-L)
Warboys railway station was a railway station in Warboys, Cambridgeshire, which is now closed.
So now you know.
It gets worse: Category:Disused railway stations in Pomeranian Voivodeship (T-H-L)

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:46 pm

1994 Albanian Supercup (T-H-L) so far there are over 20 of these fucking things. which not surprisingly no one can be arsed to watch.
Albanian Supercup 1994 is the 5th edition of the Albanian Supercup since its establishment in 1989. The match was contested between the Albanian Cup 1994 winners KF Tirana and the 1993–94 Albanian Superliga champions Teuta Durrës.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

Hersch
Retired
Wikipedia User: Herschelkrustofsky
Wikipedia Review Member: Herschelkrustofsky

Unread post by Hersch » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:03 pm

I see a potential blog post in this topic. Anyone who would care to take a crack at it, and who doesn't mind having their work edited just a bit if necessary, should PM me.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”
Malcolm X

Hersch
Retired

Unread post by Hersch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:03 pm

:whistle:
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”
Malcolm X

Johnny Au
Habitué

Unread post by Johnny Au » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:50 am

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:04 am

Many furry fandom related articles are well guarded by the "Furluminati". Kevin and Kell (T-H-L) is 31,524 bytes with 53 references:
Kevin and Kell § Main characters wrote:Other regular characters include [...] Daisy, a daisy plant made intelligent by the GBC. It lives with the Dewclaws as a pet, having the same intelligence as a dog or cat in our world.[26]
List of Kevin and Kell characters (T-H-L) (72,656 bytes with 0 references) has this section on a tree:
Kevin and Kell § Tree wrote:Fenton and Lindesfarne's sentient home. Tree was given the ability to communicate by Fenton's technological enhancements to her body, and developed a mother-son relationship with him due to some rotten limbs. She locked the doors and kept Fenton inside under her care until Lindesfarne severed the rotten limbs, restoring Tree's sanity. She becomes close friends with Lindesfarne once she moves in and often uses her quills to get her pinecone children planted. She eventually knotted her roots with a redwood across the street that was inhabited by bees and the two married in 2011.
Alan Liefting (T-C-L) tried to merge it to the main article, but that was reverted March 8, 2013, about a week after he was blocked for violating an unrelated topic ban:
Alan Liefting's block log wrote:14:12, 1 March 2013 CBM (talk | contribs) blocked Alan Liefting (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 1 month (Violation of topic ban)

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:12 am

mac wrote:Many furry fandom related articles are well guarded by the "Furluminati". Kevin and Kell (T-H-L) is 31,524 bytes with 53 references:
There's your blog topic!....

Hersch
Retired

Unread post by Hersch » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:55 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
mac wrote:Many furry fandom related articles are well guarded by the "Furluminati". Kevin and Kell (T-H-L) is 31,524 bytes with 53 references:
There's your blog topic!....
Looks promising -- "The Fast and the Furriest"
Malcolm X

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:48 am

Hersch wrote: Looks promising -- "The Fast and the Furriest"
I'm sending you more background via email.