Dennis Brown, admin-about-town

Kumioko
Muted
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Re: Dennis Brown, admin-about-town

Unread post by Kumioko » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Because that's the number I already have crafted. It takes a little time to build up enough edits to vote for arbcom without drawing any attention, you can't just use a bot army.

Only BU Rob is allowed to do their first edits to advanced admin areas and be allowed to get away with it and not be accused of being a sock.

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)
Wikipedia User: Graaf Statler
Actual Name: Honored by the SanFranBan

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Yeh, you are right. Those wiki boys who are living in there PC's have nothing to do, most of them I have digital met didn't have a job or a relation. They spend most time of there days by creating new socks.
I have been very deep in there world, because they thought I was one of them, and they thought Graaf Stater was one of the socks of a member there cabal. It's a international sect, socks and manipulation is OK, as long it is to control the system.
If not, you are public humiliated, as happend to TBloeming, INevercry, JurriaanH and me.

The cabal organizes a fake trail, and they claim you are a sock master, what they all are of course, and they send someone away as a message to the others. With a great show trails, North Korea can learn a lot of them. Blocks, Arbcom, Meta, and with me even with a SanFanBan.
Because, Wikimedia and Wikipedia is the life and the new family of this guy's, and this is the most terrible what can happend to them. Being expelled. And in this way the cabal is running complet Wikipedia with troll power. And they have to, because at the moment they direct intervene, it's a huge legal risk. So, they do it in this way, because it is legal complete save.

They are incredible stupide, that is the main problem of Jimmy's free source mouvement. I still can't believe they didn't understand who I was for more than seven years. But they did, they didn't understand who I was. Because I was to eccentric to be a real person, and now they have a unsolvable problem. Because I am who I claim to be. And I only had very sweet socks, and after that sanFanBan not even one anymore. Saves a tremendous amound of time, and weakens there legal position even more dramatic. As far as posible, because this was the legal blunder of the century.
Not any connection to the English Wikipedia!

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:They are incredible stupide...
I love this! New WPO site banner slogan...

RfB

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Kumioko wrote:Because that's the number I already have crafted. It takes a little time to build up enough edits to vote for arbcom without drawing any attention, you can't just use a bot army.

Only BU Rob is allowed to do their first edits to advanced admin areas and be allowed to get away with it and not be accused of being a sock.
Kumi, you really do need to start one of your socks with an edit to Templates for Discussion. That I would applaud, even though I really hate sockpuppetry in general...

RfB

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Unread post by Kumioko » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Kumioko wrote:Because that's the number I already have crafted. It takes a little time to build up enough edits to vote for arbcom without drawing any attention, you can't just use a bot army.

Kumi, you really do need to start one of your socks with an edit to Templates for Discussion. That I would applaud, even though I really hate sockpuppetry in general...

RfB
I might just do that. Apparently that's the way to go since that's what BU Rob did. I still can't figure how he went for so long in those areas without someone throwing up the BS flag and blocking them as an obvious Duck sock!

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:They are incredible stupide...
I love this! New WPO site banner slogan...

RfB
The reason were this two mistakes.

*Wrong date of birth. He was born in 1916, not in 1918
*Wrong date of dead. He died in 1966, not in 1967

AHA, this is a trol, and not the son of that professor! Because everybody knows when his father is born, and when he has died! And later there was that strory I had died, a rumor I know, because tree friends of me died in that time, but not me, I went to Greece later. First they tough I was a troll, but later they changed there theory, I was a psychiatric patient. You can see it on my blog, there are different diagnoses of them, and they wanted a psychiatrical report of me at the end. But, the problem was, I didn't understand what was going on, and got very strange mails. Do you need help in your daily life? And, who is your guardian, because we want to talk to with him. Because, the were later convinced I was not a troll, but a person with a delusion. I didn't understand a thing about it!
And with that insane story they went to Alexander who didn't check anything, and gave me a SanFanBan.
More than seven years they didn't understand I was real Martin, I still can't believe it. That was also the reason of that anti-Semitic mails, they thought I was someone else.

The shock was tremendous after they found out who I was, Wikimedia-NL is still almost for a year dead. There are almost no edits anymore on there wiki, and the wikimedia members are only fighting on WP-NL after this crazy incident.
But don't think they, or WMF send a mail, we are deeply sorry for the misunderstanding. No, nothing, it's all silence at the other site of the ocean and of Utrecht, the trollomedia headquarter, for more than one and a half year.

But who in the world can imagine such a crazy situation? Only because I made two mistakes? I was so young when he died, I real didn't know the correct dates, because it was decades ago when he died, when I wrote that article. Or better, my girl did.

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:13 am

Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB
The freedom of sockpuppetry on Wikipedia has a legal reason, they try to protect there sockpuppet army in this way. Of course this is insane, but like I said before, they are incredible stupid.
Because, they focused complete at the American legal system, and didn't notice there trollopedia mouvement was because of there international ambition also under the legel system of the European country's with there Code Napoleon legal system.
The foolish wiki laywers gave me the matches, the firelighters and their self-built legal pyre for free! They offert it me on a presentation tray, I did nothing!
Really, I was only writing a few articles, and did a few edits a day on wikiquote, and that was it! i was a complete unimportant, low educated user on a complet unimportant Wiki, but they "punished me' like I was the biggest troll and wiki vandal ever!
Good luck, lady's and gentleman of WMF. It is up to you to find the first not- integer edit of me, what not exist. Otherwise you are deep, deep in the shit!

That new WPO site banner is indeed a great idea, Randy!

Dennis Brown
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Dennis Brown
Actual Name: Dennis Brown

Unread post by Dennis Brown » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:38 pm

CrowsNest wrote:I must have personally witnessed at least twenty different cases where someone has claimed some aspect of a WP:SOCK#LEGIT defence for having been cited by one of the mall cops for driving while black, and there's been no obvious signs of abuse or even realist reasons to believe abuse is going on. And yet funnily enough, every single time, the block comes down.

The common denominator is always that the sock is either going up against an established Wikipedian in a content dispute and they don't have an easy out, or they're trying to expose the shitty basement level standards of conduct of another mall cop. Sock blocking is used as a convenient means to exert and maintain control in an environment where the laws mean nothing, and not all pigs are equal. If it isn't available, they have to fall back on other more time-consuming and worse looking means.

I'll bet you this has happened before too - Dennis will have made a controversial block or said something ridiculous in a debate, and then 'checked out' and went on an IP edit holiday to get away from all the 'bullshit'. ADMINACCT says he should respond to queries promptly, but when he's polishing up dog turds as Mr. 28.34.32.02, he looks for all the world like he's logged off and is back running his business to put food on the table.

Wikipedia is literally the last place in the world where 'trust me, I'm a cop' is considered an acceptable response to a query looking for reassurance that power and privelage isn't being abused. Nobody here knows what Dennis does on his IP holidays except Dennis. And there's nobody else who that benefits, except Dennis. But yeah, sure, if he says a sock is obvious, and it's a situation where he directly benefits from that being accepted as the truth, well, who is anyone else to argue?
Your making claims without proof. I take my breaks at the same time every year. Most of the time, I give up the admin bit while I take the break, so I don't have any access to admin tools. (check the logs) I use a couple of IP addresses, including some that are obviously me since they haven't changed in a decade. Even my home IP rarely changes. It is very easy to track them down to me if someone wanted to. You are assigning malevolence where it isn't warranted or justified. I'm "hiding" in plain sight. It would be helpful to know that I do contract work at least 20 hours a week, plus own my own business, plus have a family and a hobby or two. I don't eat/breath/live on Wikipedia. I have a life, and a fairly pleasant one.

And if you have examples of socks who had legitimate reasons to have an alternative account, by all means, present the names and some basic evidence. Without diffs, it didn't happen. I've reverted other admin blocks more than once and not afraid to. As for what I do, I've always said, and I maintain, that they may CU me at any time without cause. Of course, if I was really up to no good, I would just use proxies and a forged user agent so I suppose that wouldn't do any good. So yes, I guess you do just have to trust me. If I was up to no good, however, I probably wouldn't be saying that I take IP holidays.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” - Douglas Adams
"My patience is formidable.... But it is not infinite." - Scorpius (Farscape)

Renée Bagslint
Gregarious

Unread post by Renée Bagslint » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Dennis Brown wrote:And if you have examples of socks who had legitimate reasons to have an alternative account, by all means, present the names and some basic evidence. Without diffs, it didn't happen.
Dennis was, I believe, an SPI clerk. He would therefore be in a better position than most to know whether he had encountered any cases at SPI where there were users found to have alternative accounts but with a good reason. When he says "it didn't happen", is he really asserting that he never clerked a case, or worked on one in some other way, where a user was found to have a legitimate reason for an alternative account?

CrowsNest
Muted

Unread post by CrowsNest » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Dennis Brown wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:I must have personally witnessed at least twenty different cases where someone has claimed some aspect of a WP:SOCK#LEGIT defence for having been cited by one of the mall cops for driving while black, and there's been no obvious signs of abuse or even realist reasons to believe abuse is going on. And yet funnily enough, every single time, the block comes down.

The common denominator is always that the sock is either going up against an established Wikipedian in a content dispute and they don't have an easy out, or they're trying to expose the shitty basement level standards of conduct of another mall cop. Sock blocking is used as a convenient means to exert and maintain control in an environment where the laws mean nothing, and not all pigs are equal. If it isn't available, they have to fall back on other more time-consuming and worse looking means.

I'll bet you this has happened before too - Dennis will have made a controversial block or said something ridiculous in a debate, and then 'checked out' and went on an IP edit holiday to get away from all the 'bullshit'. ADMINACCT says he should respond to queries promptly, but when he's polishing up dog turds as Mr. 28.34.32.02, he looks for all the world like he's logged off and is back running his business to put food on the table.

Wikipedia is literally the last place in the world where 'trust me, I'm a cop' is considered an acceptable response to a query looking for reassurance that power and privelage isn't being abused. Nobody here knows what Dennis does on his IP holidays except Dennis. And there's nobody else who that benefits, except Dennis. But yeah, sure, if he says a sock is obvious, and it's a situation where he directly benefits from that being accepted as the truth, well, who is anyone else to argue?
Your making claims without proof. I take my breaks at the same time every year. Most of the time, I give up the admin bit while I take the break, so I don't have any access to admin tools. (check the logs) I use a couple of IP addresses, including some that are obviously me since they haven't changed in a decade. Even my home IP rarely changes. It is very easy to track them down to me if someone wanted to. You are assigning malevolence where it isn't warranted or justified. I'm "hiding" in plain sight. It would be helpful to know that I do contract work at least 20 hours a week, plus own my own business, plus have a family and a hobby or two. I don't eat/breath/live on Wikipedia. I have a life, and a fairly pleasant one.

And if you have examples of socks who had legitimate reasons to have an alternative account, by all means, present the names and some basic evidence. Without diffs, it didn't happen. I've reverted other admin blocks more than once and not afraid to. As for what I do, I've always said, and I maintain, that they may CU me at any time without cause. Of course, if I was really up to no good, I would just use proxies and a forged user agent so I suppose that wouldn't do any good. So yes, I guess you do just have to trust me. If I was up to no good, however, I probably wouldn't be saying that I take IP holidays.
Nobody has any reason to trust you Dennis. You have, after all, previously admitted to accessing routers without the user's permission, simply because they hadn't changed the default password. Given how many times you take minority positions, and how you seem to see yourself as some kind of maverick, people would be daft not to at least suspect you are exaclty the sort of person who would create totally undetectable socks to achieve your aims, perhaps even going so far as to perform Joe jobs on your enemies, or mature an admin sock or two.

After all, nobody on Wikipedia ever busted an admin sock and then declared they had always believed the master were up to no good, they just couldn't prove it. No, much like in real life, it's always a case of being the last person people would suspect. It's a psychological thing, a power play, the kick out of abusing trust to epic levels, all while protesting that would be the last thing you would do.

There's something really horrible about your posts here. You practically flaunt the idea you can get away with things mere regular editors would not, because of this perverse quality of trust between Wikipediots, and the lessers toward their masters. It isn't deserved, history proves that. The actual levels of proveable corruption in the admin ranks would liklely put real entities, even those with bad reputations, to shame.

If it really is the case that your IP is stable and it would be immediately obvious to those who know you that it is you, then you've just admitted you have literally no policy based reason not to declare it as a legitimate sock, and tag it appropriately. And as you've been at pains to explain, the reasons for this are entirely selfish, you do it merely because it suits you. Mere mortals wouldn't be able to do it. I guarantee if the roles are reversed, you'd be blocking anyone who argued you should just have to trust them they're not up to no good.

So for this teachable moment, for persuading more people you really should be hated, and the institution you represent which enables you should be held in contempt, I thank you. Maybe there's a journalist out there willing to write it all up, to expose the real truth of the myth that is Wikipedia. Are you available for interview? Oh that's right, you don't believe in Wikipedians being asked questions. And yes, we should trust you that that particular decision was made in the interests of Wikipedia at large, and had absolutely nothing to do with you protecting yourself from scrutiny.
Last edited by CrowsNest on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:24 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Maybe there's a journalist out there willing to write it all up, to expose the real truth of the myth that is Wikipedia. Are you available for interview? Oh that's right, you don't believe in Wikipedians being asked questions. And yes, we should trust you that that particular decision was made in the interests of Wikipedia at large, and had absolutely nothing to do with you protecting yourself from scrutiny.
Hear, hear.

Lies, only lies. And I know were I am talking about, because I was deep inside the system! Good, faith. Trust me, I am a sock hunter. It's a cabal of liars and loser, who fond a easy way to gain respect, and a easy way to make money. And, just as with the Jehovah's Witnesses they are anxious to be ejected. Because, if that happens they lose all there benefits, and even that job what you have fixed with your wiki old boys network. Everybody drops you, they even doesn't talk to you anymore.
Don't lie to me, Dennis Brown, don't lie to us. I have seen what I have seen inside, don't try to fool me and rest with your cheap shit story's!