One of the strangest pieces of Wikipedia criticism ever!

my two pence
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Fuck Off
Wikipedia Review Member: None

One of the strangest pieces of Wikipedia criticism ever!

Unread post by my two pence » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:42 pm

What do we all think of [linkspam redacted], then? A little bit of mischievious fun or a scathing critique?

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Re: One of the strangest pieces of Wikipedia criticism ever!

Unread post by Hex » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Oh look, it's the troll who posted this to a drama board and promptly got indefblocked by me for their trouble. Run along back to /b/ or whatever hole it is you crawled out of.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

my two pence

Unread post by my two pence » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Je ne comprends pas! I don't even know what a 'drama board' or a 'b' is so I definitely haven't posted it to one of those things! It's just something I found.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:24 pm

my two pence wrote:Je ne comprends pas! I don't even know what a 'drama board' or a 'b' is so I definitely haven't posted it to one of those things! It's just something I found.
If you don't know what a drama board is, you probably don't understand what you read then posted here as a link.

Boring.

my two pence

Unread post by my two pence » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:43 pm

There's nothing to read - it's an audio file by someone who is essentially admitting to being a Wikipedia vandal. I am sceptical of his authenticity but it proves a point about the anarchy of a system which allows people to do more or less anything and to do it more or less anonymously. I may be au fait with the idea of a drama board (depending on what it actually is, of course) but I am not familiar with the term itself.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:27 pm

my two pence wrote:There's nothing to read - it's an audio file by someone who is essentially admitting to being a Wikipedia vandal. I am sceptical of his authenticity but it proves a point about the anarchy of a system which allows people to do more or less anything and to do it more or less anonymously. I may be au fait with the idea of a drama board (depending on what it actually is, of course) but I am not familiar with the term itself.
Bullshit.

Can the WO mods please not give this person a fresh space for this? Thanks.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 pm

"Spotty virginal men eating a pizza". There is some truth to that, but not as much as is commonly believed. The REAL Wikipedia insiders tend to be over 40 and have careers and families. (Some of them are bugfuck raving twitching insane, but that's just a "bonus feature".)

Wikipedia's FANS lean more toward the "spotty virginal men" area. It is deeply loved by millions of high-school and college boys. Some girls too, but not so many today, given how stupidly misogynistic those boys often are. Like the twat who posted this audio file. Mutter mutter, nothing really to say.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:45 pm

New member 'my two pence' has won a free membership in an elite Wikipediocracy group.

Sadly, this membership will ensure he is too occupied with the duties of his new position to post further here.

:axemurderer:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing