Wikipedia curiosities. Did you know?

neved
Gregarious
kołdry
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Wikipedia curiosities. Did you know?

Unread post by neved » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Yesterday, I learned something new that I have never heard about before, and it was interesting for me.
So I think maybe we could have a thread about Wikipedia curiosities posted in the format of "did you know".
I'll try to start:

Did you know that Newyorkbrad (T-C-L) used to support RfAs with sonnets while Proofreader77 (T-C-L) was blocked indefinitely for writing this sonnet?
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

Stierlitz
Regular
Wikipedia User: not a Wikipedian
Wikipedia Review Member: N/A

Re: Wikipedia curiosities. Did you know?

Unread post by Stierlitz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:07 pm

I wish this thread had taken off....I have no examples, but I've seen more and more articles flagged from years ago and the dispute was left hanging; some of them go back as far as 2009.

Captain Occam
Gregarious

Unread post by Captain Occam » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Did you know that Wikipedia's List of lists of lists (T-H-L) has survived three AFDs (1, 2, 3) in the space of less than six months?

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:53 pm

neved wrote:Yesterday, I learned something new that I have never heard about before, and it was interesting for me.
So I think maybe we could have a thread about Wikipedia curiosities posted in the format of "did you know".
I'll try to start:

Did you know that Newyorkbrad (T-C-L) used to support RfAs with sonnets while Proofreader77 (T-C-L) was blocked indefinitely for writing this sonnet?
Lol. You low on accuracy, too?

:deadhorse:

:rotfl:

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Captain Occam wrote:Did you know that Wikipedia's List of lists of lists (T-H-L) has survived three AFDs (1, 2, 3) in the space of less than six months?
Good job, opening sentence, "Articles that consist of a list of things that are themselves about lists of things, such as the lists of lists listed below...."

And they're not. The first few are just lists, not lists of lists.

:banana: