Unread post by Lukeno94 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:36 am

eppur si muove wrote:
neved wrote:Just to sum it up:

A short post made at Jimbo's talk has resulted in

*at least two discussions on Jimbo's Wales talk page,
*at lest three AN/I threads,
*a request for arbitration,
*a request for clarification and amendment,
* multiple heated discussions on multiple user pages (gigabytes of text that a normal person would have difficulties to read and follow),
*a few arbitrary motions every new one more stupid than the one before,
*a strong admonishment of an admin,
*a deletion request,
*contacting the office,
*multiple conversations at IRC,
*accusations and contra accusations,
*two historic blocks of a member of Wikipedia's higher elite,
*yet another historic retirement of Eric Corbett,
*a tweet about hardship of being a woman Wikipedian, and so on, and so on.
In other words, generally what happens when someone makes a particularly idiotic comment about Eric.

The Adversary
Habitué

Re: The Corbett Report

Unread post by The Adversary » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:13 am

Lukeno94 wrote:
eppur si muove wrote:
neved wrote:Just to sum it up:

A short post made at Jimbo's talk has resulted in

*at least two discussions on Jimbo's Wales talk page,
*at lest three AN/I threads,
*a request for arbitration,
*a request for clarification and amendment,
* multiple heated discussions on multiple user pages (gigabytes of text that a normal person would have difficulties to read and follow),
*a few arbitrary motions every new one more stupid than the one before,
*a strong admonishment of an admin,
*a deletion request,
*contacting the office,
*multiple conversations at IRC,
*accusations and contra accusations,
*two historic blocks of a member of Wikipedia's higher elite,
*yet another historic retirement of Eric Corbett,
*a tweet about hardship of being a woman Wikipedian, and so on, and so on.
In other words, generally what happens when someone makes a particularly idiotic comment about Eric.
Wrong, look at who started it.
(Of course, the "dramah" goes up 1000% when Corbett or Giano gets involved. :popcorn: )
Zoloft wrote:I think you meant...
Amen. :D

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:15 pm

eppur si muove wrote: Image
Ha!

But which editor is him?
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Lukeno94
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Lukeno94

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Most of them?

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:39 am

I took me trusty machete and put the Kevin Gorman and appearance-mocking posts into Off Topic.

No more here, please.

This topic is mainly for Eric Corbett miscellany.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 am

"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

Malleus
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Wikipedia Review Member: Malleus

Unread post by Malleus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 am

That's what happens when people lie.

Triptych
Retired
Wikipedia User: it's alliterative

Unread post by Triptych » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Malleus wrote:
That's what happens when people lie.
Hey, 5000 views on this Wikipediocracy thread as of this morning.

This was really an interesting Wikipedia administrative case in the actions of the editors and administrators and arbs involved, and also in terms of the Wikipediocracy commentary and hot criticism here. And also in terms of the outcome. I think the more reader-friendly summarizing is available here due to the fact that each topic occurs in a linear thread, whereas at Wikipedia there's multiples of threads and diffs and user talkpages here and there, not to mention reverting and rev-deleting and so forth where the reader coming later can't much tell what happened. Result is increasing editors and particularly administrators are getting their information here at Wikipediocracy.

Not to be forgotten are the six arbitrators of rancid mind who sought to bury the Gorman-Corbett matter with their "everyone is at fault" attempt to down-vote the case into the archives. They were, in order: David Fuchs, Newyorkbrad, Carcharoth, Salvio Giuliano, Seraphimblade, and then the perfectly-timed Timotheus Canens apparently for the win. Each of them, to a person, consented to David Fuchs' false equivalency and intentional minimization that "a trout-slapping all around is in order." Arbitration closed but did it stay closed?

A lot of people were involved but the amazing and key action in the couple days after that was that Giano reopened the case, with no real authority to do so (the shred of moral authority derived from the fact that the case was closed despite one of the declining arbs mumbling in his statement somewhere that Arbcom ought to do a motion first), and Giano's move somehow survived. All the masses of little administrative mini-jerks armed with their revert buttons somehow froze or were caught sleeping for a couple hours, and then the Arbcom voting started again.

In order: Roger Davies and LFaraone moved to admonish Gorman. Then Salvio, Seraphimblade, and Carcharoth reversed. And then AGK arrived back from his holiday in time to ice the cake: Gorman "strongly admonished" and therefore, quite reasonably impliedly, Corbett vindicated. The cheering hasn't subsided as far as I'm concerned; I'm no Corbett groupie, I just was happy to see Arbcom finally do something right.

In the epilogue: it was notice that with their respective trademarks of uselessness and disingenuousness: Newyorkbrad and Timotheus Canens had abstained. The former with hither-and-yon blabbering, and the latter with a slick claim he'd "not stand in the way of his colleagues" papering over the fact that the majority admonishment put opposers and abstainers in the same box.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 am

New Wikipediocracy member Writegeist (T-C-L) (I do check out new members) has an interesting subpage:

Little Kermit and the Curmudgeonly Soothsayer - A play in two acts

:rotfl:

I found it when Binksternet (T-C-L) got all offended on Writegeist's talk page.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 am

The play you wrote in userspace should be deleted as it does not appear to be part of building the encyclopedia. It's clearly a parody of Kevin Gorman's recent sally against Eric Corbett, so it likely falls under WP:ATTACK. I think you should nominate it for deletion. Binksternet (talk) 22:20, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
What an asshole. That settles it, he's not getting "benefit of the doubt" anymore.

MilesMoney
Critic
Wikipedia User: MilesMoney

Unread post by MilesMoney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:50 am

EricBarbour wrote: What an asshole. That settles it, he's not getting "benefit of the doubt" anymore.
I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt long ago. Binky's the same guy who bragged about his ignorance of and disdain for economics, claiming that it's not any sort of science. He then went on to edit-war to keep puffery about the fringe LvMI branch of Austrianism. You'd think that if he knew nothing about the field and didn't understand which parts were legitimate, that would keep him from arguing with those who know better...

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:07 am

Zoloft wrote:New Wikipediocracy member Writegeist (T-C-L) (I do check out new members) has an interesting subpage:

Little Kermit and the Curmudgeonly Soothsayer A play in two acts

I don't like "the play" either. It is not a matter to laugh - a young person committed suicide, a person who asked Wikipedians for assistance and understanding but instead was given "others' aggression".

91% of people questioned about the subject believe suicides should be discussed openly. This is especially true in regards to such sick community as WP community is, the community in which a former arbitrator casually states she could think about "half a dozen editor suicides". Such discussions could help to prevent more suicides.

Besides the problem is that Eric Corbett was not kicking the "I.P.COPIUS-LEE, a troll".He was kicking the mental health template, and the person who put it to his talk page, but the thing is that doctors could provide a person only with the medicine. Understanding should be provided by the community. I could understand where Eric was coming from, but, Eric, in case you did not notice please take a look at those user boxes, and I assure you they are used, and used a lot.
Adding mental health issue template, or one of those user boxes don't turn Wikipedia to a psychiatric hospice. There are many sadistic, psychotic users who have never had such template on their talks, but it is they who turn Wikipedia to inmates run asylum. I am sure you know a few of those, Eric.

The events that followed that thread at Jimbo's talk have confirmed that the the Wikipedia community is insane, sick and unkind.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

Zoloft wrote:New Wikipediocracy member Writegeist (T-C-L) (I do check out new members) has an interesting subpage:

It reminds me of The Clouds (T-H-L) and other works by Aristophanes (T-H-L). :rotfl:
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:17 am

neved wrote:

I don't like "the play" either. It is not a matter to laugh - a young person committed suicide, a person who asked Wikipedians for assistance and understanding but instead was given "others' aggression".
Years ago, I stumbled on a Wikipedian teenager's talkpage talking about how his life was falling apart and how he planned to end it all. I left a message for him not to go through with it and contacted an administrator affiliated with WP:Esperanza (T-H-L) (remember that?). Eventually, enough of us left him support that he decided not to go through with it. His father was an abusive drunk and he was failing at school. He was completely at rock bottom. The worst part was that the guy was in another country and I had no idea who to contact to get him help. It took a few days before he responded to the messages on his talk. For those few days, I thought he was dead. It was a terrible experience. Back then, there wasn't an WP:Emergency (T-H-L) and the SOP was to block people for "disruption" if they made suicide threats. I feared some administrator would come around and block him which would certainly make him more depressed and more likely to end it all.

Just thinking about that incident makes me depressed and angry. At least with Esperanza back then, you could encourage people to be supportive and kind. My understanding of people publicly admitting they are suicidal is that it is a cry for help. I don't expect the Foundation or the Wikipedia Community to be professional psychiatrists or counselors, but some kind supportive words might be enough to get the person to cancel his/her suicide and get actual professional help.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:32 am

The Joy wrote:Years ago, I stumbled on a Wikipedian teenager's talkpage talking about how his life was falling apart and how he planned to end it all. I left a message for him not to go through with it and contacted an administrator affiliated with WP:Esperanza (T-H-L) (remember that?). Eventually, enough of us left him support that he decided not to go through with it. His father was an abusive drunk and he was failing at school. He was completely at rock bottom. The worst part was that the guy was in another country and I had no idea who to contact to get him help. It took a few days before he responded to the messages on his talk. For those few days, I thought he was dead. It was a terrible experience. Back then, there wasn't an WP:Emergency (T-H-L) and the SOP was to block people for "disruption" if they made suicide threats. I feared some administrator would come around and block him which would certainly make him more depressed and more likely to end it all.

Just thinking about that incident makes me depressed and angry. At least with Esperanza back then, you could encourage people to be supportive and kind. My understanding of people publicly admitting they are suicidal is that it is a cry for help. I don't expect the Foundation or the Wikipedia Community to be professional psychiatrists or counselors, but some kind supportive words might be enough to get the person to cancel his/her suicide and get actual professional help.
We've been over this before. As you might remember, Esperanza fell apart, because a substantial number of Wikipedia administrators disliked it intensely and wanted it gone. The situation wasn't helped by the fact that Essjay, pathological liar and chronic hider behind Jimbo's skirts, was the "chairman" of Esperanza.

At present, only one Wikipedian displays a "psychopath" userbox. An obvious sockpuppet anyway. Stories like this make one wonder how many actual psychopaths Wikipedia has, who refuse to admit they have a problem. And how many of those psychopaths are administrators.

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:48 am

The Joy wrote: I don't expect the Foundation or the Wikipedia Community to be professional psychiatrists or counselors, but some kind supportive words might be enough to get the person to cancel his/her suicide and get actual professional help.
Nobody is asking the Foundation or the Wikipedia Community to be professional psychiatrists or counselors, they only should be more understanding, and I mean understanding for everybody not only for sick or mentally sick users. Some people are asking for understanding by using user boxes, templates, some others as for example Eric Corbett asking for understanding by retiring, yet some others are simply saying: "Please understand me", but how one could expect understanding from Wikipedians, if even the WMF employee gets away with the site that mocks murdered children.

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:02 pm

neved wrote: I don't like "the play" either ... Besides the problem is that Eric Corbett was not kicking the "I.P.COPIUS-LEE, a troll". He was kicking the mental health template, and the person who put it to his talk page but the thing is that doctors could provide a person only with the medicine. Understanding should be provided by the community.
Here is what Corbett said where you linked it, Neved:
When did WP become a psychiatric hospice? People commit suicide every day, my own father did, but the reasons aren't always what you think they are. If you have mental health problems go see a doctor, don't plaster a template on your talk page.
He wasn't "kicking" anything or anybody. He faulted the premise of using Wikipedia as a mental health social support network. You say "understanding should be provided by the community?" Already we have Arbcom doing a clown-like parody of jurisprudence and WP:AN/ANI and "sock puppet investigators" doing a farcical variety of law enforcement. Do you want now to extend this bizarro wiki-world to include pretend psychiatrists?

If someone wants to write "I'm feeling bummed out lately" on his or her talkpage and get some consoling from his fellow editors, fine, let him or her do that. But stay away from anything that hints of requirement for professional diagnosis.

EDIT: Okay, Neved, I see where you said you are not calling for wiki-psychiatry, but rather just for a kinder and gentler and more supportive community. Fine.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Zoloft wrote:New Wikipediocracy member Writegeist has an interesting subpage: Little Kermit and the Curmudgeonly Soothsayer, a play in two acts
I liked it a lot and am copying it here, figuring Writegeist won't mind, because there are those on Wikipedia portraying it as "personal attack" in order to wipe it out.
Writegeist's play, version as of 16 March, 2014 wrote:Little Kermit and the Curmudgeonly Soothsayer
A play in two acts

Characters:
I.P.COPIUS-LEE, a troll
ERIC CORDITE, a curmudgeonly soothsayer
KERMIT GOERING, a little boy
A BYSTANDER
ASSORTED HARMLESS LUNATICS, all naked
A CHORUS

The play takes place in a cemetery in Sangerville, a small town.
ACT I

As the play begins, the troll I.P.COPIUS-LEE emerges from under a nearby bridge, crouches beside a grave, cuts open an onion and rubs it under his eyes.

COPIUS-LEE (much weeping, and wailing): Oh shame, shame on you all! Lo the boy you never knew! Lo these my tears! Shame on you who knew not the boy nor what he wrote and did nothing! You whose eyes are dry!

A crowd forms. It is the CHORUS.

COPIUS-LEE: Yes shame on you who never knew him and heeded not his plight. Oh woe, oh woe, is me! Woe, woe, woe! And more woe! Behold my tears! Accursed are you all who knew him not and did nothing and wept not!

Enter ERIC CORDITE, the curmudgeonly soothsayer.

CORDITE: Ee by gum enough of your shite.

CORDITE chases COPIUS-LEE around the cemetery, kicking his backside.

Enter KERMIT GOERING, the little boy. He is in fancy dress as a policeman, and carries a stick, a plastic toy sheriff's badge, and a toy bullhorn. He has a squeaky voice.

KERMIT: You! Ewwic Cordite! I thaw that!

CORDITE: Ee by gum. Kermit. You saw what?

KERMIT: You danthing on this poor boy's gwave.

CORDITE: Bollocks. I was kicking the troll.

COPIUS-LEE, trolling done, scuttles off stage.

KERMIT: No you were danthing. I thaw it with my own lickle eyes. I'm a politheman. Watch! I shall get the wabble on my thide and then I'll do thome thmiting with my thtick! (Now uses his toy bullhorn to squeal at the crowd.) Behold the heartleth monthter! A wapsheet as long as my arm (rolls up his sleeve: his arm is indeed long for one so young), and now thith! Gwavedanthing! Pure evil! Ewwic Cordite is Thatan!

CHORUS: Ooh! Satan! A hanging! Boiling oil! Disembowelment! Guts! Blood, blood, blood!

BYSTANDER: No, Kermit. It's just Uncle Eric. He was kicking the troll.

KERMIT: Who cares. I don't like Uncle Ewwic, he's wude. And I've got a shiny lickle badge and a big thtick, so if I tell you he's Thatan, then for sure he has howwible horns and a tewwible tail. I don't have to live by your wules. You have to live by mine. I have a thilver thtar of offith! And I shall thtwike Thatan with my politheman's thtick!

CHORUS: Ooh! Satan! Off with his dick! Hanging! Boiling oil! Disembowelling! Guts! Blood, blood, blood!

KERMIT: Take THIS for your wudeness and mowwal turpitude and your wotten chawwacter and your histowy of awwests, and for being thmarter than me, and for—oh I don't know, I'll fink of thome other thtuff. (Pokes CORDITE in the eye with the stick.)

CORDITE: Ouch. Ee by gum. You little tyke. I'm off.

Exit CORDITE stage right.

BYSTANDER: Oh come on Kermit. It was just Uncle Eric, our curmudgeonly soothsayer.

KERMIT: Cumbludgeonly? Thoofthayer? Your words are not in my politheman's book of words. Behold my shiny badge, my thtar! (Waves plastic toy sheriff's star.) I can do what I like! He's Thatan!

Enter the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS: We are the arbitrators! Behold our flowing robes of office. Bow down!

KERMIT: Hello harmleth naked lunatics. Oh dudes. Look at your.. your things. Down there. Eew. Anyway, I thmote Thatan! With my own eyes I thaw him gwavedanthing! All wight-finking people were in mortal danger! I'm a politheman! I enforthed the law!

BYSTANDER (who has been joined by SEVERAL OTHERS): No really. It was just Eric. No gravedancing. He was kicking a troll. We all saw. Kermit was out of order.

KERMIT: My thilver badge of offith!

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS: Our flowing robes of office!

BYSTANDER (to the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS): Little Kermit told outrageous fibs. He savagely poked our curmudgeonly soothsayer with his stick. Or as savagely as a mewling infant can. Will you act on the facts? Will you take Kermit's stick away from him until he learns to speak the truth and to treat others with fairness and respect?

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS: We shall act! We are the arbitrators! Behold our flowing robes of office!

KERMIT: And wemember, Ewwic is Thatan!

CHORUS: Ooh! Satan! Off with his dick! Hanging! Boiling oil! Disembowelment! Guts! Blood, blood, blood! Act! Act! Act! Act!

The HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS lower their posteriors onto a convenient slab of monumental masonry and ceremoniously raise their hands.

A hush of anticipation. All eyes are on the seated HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS.

The HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS ceremoniously lower their hands, and sit on them.

—CURTAIN—

—ACT II—
(note to American readers: this is not the eleventh act)

The cemetery. Save for the BYSTANDER, who is not on stage, the same characters are in the same positions as before.
There is a long silence.
Enter the BYSTANDER

BYSTANDER (to the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS): Ladies and gentlemen . . .

KERMIT (screaming): Out of prothethhh! He's a thcoundwel and a cwiminal! A thcoundwel and a cwiminal! (Chanting now, turning to THE CHORUS, trying to get them to join in): Out of prothethhhh! Cwiminal! Out of prothethhhh! Cwiminal! Out of prothethhhh! Cwiminal! Out of prothethhhh! Cwiminal! Out of prothethhhh! Cwiminal! Out of prothethhhh! Cwiminal!

KERMIT gives up when he sees the CHORUS yawning and hanging their heads. He flops onto the ground, exhausted.

CHORUS (mumbling to themselves): Boring. Wanted Satan's dick. Hanging. Boiling oil. Etcetera.

Again the BYSTANDER addresses the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS

BYSTANDER: Don't just sit there. Do something.

One of the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS turns to the others.

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATIC: Did anyone bring the Ex-Lax?

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS: Tee hee. Poo!

BYSTANDER (impatient now, bellowing): So shit or get off the pot!

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS (rising to their feet): Behold our flowing robes!

They all point at KERMIT

KERMIT (softly, imploring, voice quavering, hands clutching plastic badge to chest): Behold my thilver badge of offith.

There is a hush. At last the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS make their pronouncement.

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS: Tut!

Everyone waits. But the HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS have nothing to add, and stop pointing. Eventually KERMIT breaks the silence.

KERMIT: Meh.

He thrusts his toy badge at the BYSTANDER'S face. Then triumphantly raises the badge aloft and commences a victory jig.

KERMIT (sneering chant provides the rhythm for the jig): Thilver badge of off-ith, thilver badge of off-ith, thilver badge of off-ith . . . "

Exit KERMIT stage right, jigging and chanting.

The HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS all bow.

HARMLESS NAKED LUNATICS: Flowing robes!

KERMIT (off-stage, faint): Thilver badge of off-ith!

Blackout.

—FINAL CURTAIN—

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:16 pm

:applause:

Is it pedantic to point out that the Harmless Naked Lunatics wear robes, and are therefore not naked? Harmless Naked-Under-the-Robes Lunatics was probably too cumbersome anyhow.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:37 pm

mac wrote:

Is it pedantic to point out that the Harmless Naked Lunatics wear robes, and are therefore not naked? Harmless Naked-Under-the-Robes Lunatics was probably too cumbersome anyhow.
Missed point. The robes are of a design once modelled by an emperor.

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:51 pm

The Joy wrote:Years ago, I stumbled on a Wikipedian teenager's talkpage talking about how his life was falling apart and how he planned to end it all. I left a message for him not to go through with it and contacted an administrator affiliated with WP:Esperanza (T-H-L) (remember that?). Eventually, enough of us left him support that he decided not to go through with it. His father was an abusive drunk and he was failing at school. He was completely at rock bottom. The worst part was that the guy was in another country and I had no idea who to contact to get him help. It took a few days before he responded to the messages on his talk. For those few days, I thought he was dead. It was a terrible experience. Back then, there wasn't an WP:Emergency (T-H-L) and the SOP was to block people for "disruption" if they made suicide threats. I feared some administrator would come around and block him which would certainly make him more depressed and more likely to end it all.
I remember one instance, in 2006 or 2007 I would guess, in which somebody made a clear suicide threat on Wikipedia, which was brought to the attention of Cary Bass, by some means. Cary refused to contact the authorities in the individual's area of residence, even though it was disclosed on his user page and confirmed by checkuser, on some idiotic grounds or another having to do with "giving someone unwanted attention" and "possible liability for the Foundation". We tried like hell to convince him to do so, and eventually someone else (Danny, I think) did it anyhow. I don't recall how it ended up washing out for the poor kid, but I was really really angry at the idea that he would do anything other than pass it on to the authorities. I can only hope that he's learned something since then in his training to be a minister.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 am

Kelly Martin wrote:
I remember one instance, in 2006 or 2007 I would guess, in which somebody made a clear suicide threat on Wikipedia, which was brought to the attention of Cary Bass, by some means. Cary refused to contact the authorities in the individual's area of residence, even though it was disclosed on his user page and confirmed by checkuser, on some idiotic grounds or another having to do with "giving someone unwanted attention" and "possible liability for the Foundation". We tried like hell to convince him to do so, and eventually someone else (Danny, I think) did it anyhow. I don't recall how it ended up washing out for the poor kid, but I was really really angry at the idea that he would do anything other than pass it on to the authorities. I can only hope that he's learned something since then in his training to be a minister.
"Minister!?!" "MINISTER!?!" :wtf:

Organized religion really has jumped shark.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:50 am

The Joy wrote:Organized religion really has jumped shark.
Can we pleeeeeease have that one added to the smilie selection? :rotfl:

Cary doesn't seem to have much of a connection with the wiki-world any more (good for him!). He's married, graduated from seminary, and is preaching nowadays.
This is not a signature.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm

The Joy wrote:"Minister!?!" "MINISTER!?!" :wtf:
I expect he was coached by Essjay.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 pm

eppur si muove wrote:
mac wrote:

Missed point. The robes are of a design once modelled by an emperor.
It's all so clear now. Thanks. :D

Writegeist
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Writegeist

Unread post by Writegeist » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Zoloft and others, I'm grateful for your interest in Little K; and Triptych, thank you for facilitating its transfer from the Prints of Whales theatre to the illustrious Wikipediocracy Palace.

Anthonyhcole
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Anthonyhcole

Unread post by Anthonyhcole » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 pm

That's adorable, as is the relevant talk page discussion

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 am

Writegeist wrote:Zoloft and others, I'm grateful for your interest in Little K; and Triptych, thank you for facilitating its transfer from the Prints of Whales theatre to the illustrious Wikipediocracy Palace.
:welcome:
It's a pleasure, Writegeist.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:40 am

Zoloft wrote:
Writegeist wrote:Zoloft and others, I'm grateful for your interest in Little K; and Triptych, thank you for facilitating its transfer from the Prints of Whales theatre to the illustrious Wikipediocracy Palace.
It's a pleasure, Writegeist.
Writegeist, having been in an or more than one occasion where somebody wiped out my work and I couldn't get it back, I am happy to have been your copyboy in this instance.

I envisioned actual players on a stage portraying your creation and I think it is worthwhile. I saw where somebody wanted a third act, and I dunno about that. Maybe yes, maybe no. But I think perhaps there is something in your play that you might improve on here or there before you stamp it "complete" and go to the next thing. I don't know what that is though, don't get me wrong.