Russavia stands up for consent rules on Commons

Moonage Daydream
Habitué
kołdry

Russavia stands up for consent rules on Commons

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Russavia is being unusually strict about consent issues for an image of a politician photographed at his son's funeral. Can he have turned over a new leaf after his recent pummelling at the hands of his peers?
Whilst Alfred is a notable person, on Commons we have an COM:IDENT guideline of which Commons:Country_specific_consent_requirements#Poland is part of. This means for a photo of a person in public to be published it needs consent from the subject of the photograph. There are some exceptions to this. This photograph would not be covered by this exemption, because Alfred was not at his son's funeral in his capacity of a public figure performing a public duty; he was there first and foremost in his capacity as a grieving father (and that is somewhat evident from his expression in the photography). He is also not in this photograph as part of a larger group of people -- I believe this was a state funeral as well. The KPRM published this photo in which Alfred is visible (hidden behind the flower), and in this setting as part of a larger group the photograph would be ok.
Oh, did I mention that the person in the photo is Polish?

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Re: Russavia stands up for consent rules on Commons

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:49 pm

My impression is that Russavia does try to adhere to the policy and law rather faithfully in his administrative duties. Disagreements people have with him typically involve issues where something is not clearly forbidden under the law or the policy. Not sure what the guy being Polish has to do with anything.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:My impression is that Russavia does try to adhere to the policy and law rather faithfully in his administrative duties. Disagreements people have with him typically involve issues where something is not clearly forbidden under the law or the policy. Not sure what the guy being Polish has to do with anything.
Sometimes, when Poland is involved, Russavia has a ball.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:Not sure what the guy being Polish has to do with anything.
The photo was taken in Poland so is subject to Polish law, which differs slightly from Florida law.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:Not sure what the guy being Polish has to do with anything.
Probably just a coincidence.