IRC Highlights

Jim
Blue Meanie
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Re: IRC Highlights

Unread post by Jim » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Vigilant wrote:Here's the point: Stop being a dick to helpless people before we have to get medieval on your ass.
Yeah, see, that works too.

I can't understand the lack of comprehension. :B'

How's this?

"You may be used to being able to bully people because of some falsely perceived status achieved on a website that is built on that kind of behaviour. Shame. There is a real world you may not avoid. Life lesson. No charge."

Needs work, but it's a germ of an idea... Maybe lacks compassion...
Last edited by Zoloft on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote tag.

Cedric
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Edeans
Wikipedia Review Member: Cedric
Actual Name: Eddie Singleton

Unread post by Cedric » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Peryglus wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:Ha ha ha ha. Oh, that's retarded. The little snot thinks I'm stalking him. For following him on Twitter.
ryulongfollowed.png
I already know where you live, where you go to school, and various other details, plus photos of you, arrogant little chode.
And thanks for verifying that Tarantino and I have got the right guy.
No offence, but if you know that many details of someone you've never met, you are a bit of a stalker. If somebody knew that sort of info about me I'd certainly be concerned.
Actually, I do take offense, and I do so as someone who was actually stalked "IRL" (i..e., in the very real and legal meaning of that word). What Eric did here is certainly not "a bit" like stalking, it is nothing like stalking. Even that idiot Ryulong seems to understand that. What's your excuse?!

The all-too-casual way so many Freie Kultur Kinder toss out the word "stalker" may not be as offensive as the way some people casually toss out the word "rapist," but I see it as merely a slight difference in the degree of callousness and stupidity.

No offense.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Cedric wrote:
Peryglus wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:Ha ha ha ha. Oh, that's retarded. The little snot thinks I'm stalking him. For following him on Twitter.
ryulongfollowed.png
I already know where you live, where you go to school, and various other details, plus photos of you, arrogant little chode.
And thanks for verifying that Tarantino and I have got the right guy.
No offence, but if you know that many details of someone you've never met, you are a bit of a stalker. If somebody knew that sort of info about me I'd certainly be concerned.
Actually, I do take offense, and I do so as someone who was actually stalked "IRL" (i..e., in the very real and legal meaning of that word). What Eric did here is certainly not "a bit" like stalking, it is nothing like stalking. Even that idiot Ryulong seems to understand that. What's your excuse?!

The all-too-casual way so many Freie Kultur Kinder toss out the word "stalker" may not be as offensive as the way some people casually toss out the word "rapist," but I see it as merely a slight difference in the degree of callousness and stupidity.

No offense.
To be fair, "stalker/stalking" have taken on a meaning different from the legal use well outside of Wikipedia.
This is not a signature.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:46 am

Zoloft wrote:Eric's attitude (correct me if I'm wrong, EB) is that if you are a dick to enough people, you don't get to hide behind a mask of anonymity.
a) Ryulong hasn't merely been a "dick to enough people", he's been a total raving sociopath. Blocked more than 10,000 WP users, most of them improperly or for no reason other than entertainment. I bet he would flunk the Hare Test, and that one would have to tie him down into a sturdy steel chair and force him to take the test.

b) he's already blown his own cover. Repeatedly, in fact. He just didn't do it directly on Wikipedia. A little bit of research was required to find him but he's not difficult to find. And yes, I have photos, which his friends posted on their blogs. Kinda funny to see photos of Japanese college students, and standing over to the left is a huge, curly-haired white boy. Sticks out a bit, like a yeti in Shibuya.

Now, to change the subject, is anything else popping up on the IRC logs this week?

Tippi Hadron
Queen
Wikipedia User: DracoEssentialis
Actual Name: Monika Nathalie Collida Kolbe

Unread post by Tippi Hadron » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Zoloft wrote:
Poetlister wrote:
Peryglus wrote:No offence, but if you know that many details of someone you've never met, you are a bit of a stalker. If somebody knew that sort of info about me I'd certainly be concerned.
I think that the policy is that it's OK if it's someone people don't like.
This site does not have policy at all on the subject of 'outing' or opposition research. Eric's attitude (correct me if I'm wrong, EB) is that if you are a dick to enough people, you don't get to hide behind a mask of anonymity.
Here's the point: Stop being a dick to helpless people before we have to get medieval on your ass.
Hear hear. Totes loving Mr. Peryglus's Tremcard avatar, though. Bit of a specialty of mine, Tremcards. "Dangerous when wet", huh? Aren't we all?