WikiLang

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious
kołdry

WikiLang

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:27 am

The Signpost announces WikiLang.
Wikilang is a free language resources site to document and share all languages worldwide, including endangered and dead languages. Wikilang also encompasses a project to compile and share best practices in language revitalization.
A worthy goal. Anyone want to start a pool on when Klingon language (T-H-L) will be added and quickly overtake the project?

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Re: WikiLang

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:34 am

Sweet Revenge wrote:The Signpost announces WikiLang.
Wikilang is a free language resources site to document and share all languages worldwide, including endangered and dead languages. Wikilang also encompasses a project to compile and share best practices in language revitalization.
A worthy goal. Anyone want to start a pool on when Klingon language (T-H-L) will be added and quickly overtake the project?
I'll drop my money on Quenya (T-H-L)
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:41 am

Vigilant wrote:
Dammit! You win the thread again. My only consolation is that at least I never heard of that one before you used it to out-meme me.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 am

Sweet Revenge wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Dammit! You win the thread again. My only consolation is that at least I never heard of that one before you used it to out-meme me.
Now, now.
The geeks haven't spoken yet.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 am

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Vigilant wrote:They do have a way of bringing out the best in people.
Poor grawp
:D

He's still regularly vandalizing WP articles. Inserting anti-Muslim comments, usually, because he's a "nice half-Jewish boy" or somesuch.

None of which is mentioned in his long-term abuse page, because the Wikipedians are still fucking stupid and heedless.
Alison knows more about his current playtime than any of the "insiders" or patrollers who chase him obsessively.

If you ever want to see a piece of raw, in-person Grawp stupidity, I could PM you a link to his private 4chan subforum.

Alison
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Alison
Wikipedia Review Member: Alison
Actual Name: Alison Cassidy

Unread post by Alison » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Vigilant wrote:Sindarin proposed by someone we know/knew.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests ... _Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JarlaxleArtemis

They do have a way of bringing out the best in people.
Poor grawp
Grawp, in an epic move, produced two images of his full RL name in both Sindarin and Tengwar, then uploaded them to Commons. Much later, there was a battle to have them removed.

(and I suspect you already know this :D )
-- Allie