Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Re: Wikipediocracy: The Wikipedia article

Unread post by DanMurphy » Fri May 24, 2013 1:59 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
Mason wrote:
Silver seren wrote:Of course, it is impossible to know whether someone is an unspoken member or not. I was just referring to the ones that have admitted to the link. And it is not ad hominem to note that members of the site are more likely to want to defend the site. It's called [[WP:COI]], you may have heard of it. However, arguments do matter and I look forward to any WO members commenting here to fully admit they are WO members in this discussion and then present their arguments for why the subject is notable. That's the only proper way to do it, after all. Silverseren 04:45, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
"Admit"?

It's been my experience that the ones who bang on about "COI" the loudest are the ones who suffer most from it themselves. Some can hide it well, of course, but Silver seren is not among them.
I'm not sure why he thinks we would necessarily want a WP article. Googling wikipediocracy currently brings up this site as the first link, but the WP article is not far behind.
I don't want this site to have a Wikipedia article, though the process of how this article is dealt with at Wikipedia is instructive.

Young Master Sterling has put the article up for deletion again. Oh Noes!

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Is it ok for silverseren, resolute and prioryman to badger every single keep vote in an AFD?
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Vigilant wrote:Is it ok for silverseren, resolute and prioryman to badger every single keep vote in an AFD?
As a matter of procedure? Yes. Although its rarely as obvious. People voting keep/delete are expected to be able to justify their vote based on current policy. As its 'not a vote' the closer is expected to weigh all the arguments. 'Keep' is less weighty than 'oppose - reason based on policy'.

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 pm

DanMurphy wrote:I don't want this site to have a Wikipedia article, though the process of how this article is dealt with at Wikipedia is instructive.
Indeed.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 pm

My understanding, at least in the past, has been that the normal procedure for disputing an AfD decision - namely, Deletion Review or WP:DRV - generally doesn't result in many decisions being overturned, correct? And that unsuccessful DRVs are often cited in subsequent AfDs, etc., etc.?

So this flouting of standard WP procedure would seem to indicate that Mr. Seren and Mr. Prioryman are, for want of a better word, desperate to have the article deleted as soon as possible.

I guess the question is, simply, why? The site itself doesn't go away just because they delete the article, and if they wanted to do damage to Wikipediocracy they'd be much better off keeping it and revenge-editing it in the hopes of getting it to rank higher on Google. Is it just that they think it's going to increase Wikipediocracy's incoming traffic? If so, I can assure them that Wikipedia Review's WP article didn't increase WR's incoming traffic at all, or if it did it was practically imperceptible.

Knowing WPers as I do, I have to conclude that they rather stupidly think we're all going to feel bad if "our" article gets deleted. I, for one, don't care in the slightest, though I guess if I had a preference, it would probably be to get rid of it, seeing as how it's a Wikipedia article.

Forgive me if all this amounts to stating-the-obvious.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri May 24, 2013 9:27 pm

A quick note that somebody has dragged SS to Administrators' Noticeboard/Incidents over the out-of-process 2nd AfD nomination of the Wikipediocracy piece.

I've suggested there that they shut down the 2nd AfD and move the discussion to Deletion Review, where it belongs.

Somebody isn't thinking too clearly, it would seem................

RfB

Moonage Daydream
Habitué

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Fri May 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:My understanding, at least in the past, has been that the normal procedure for disputing an AfD decision - namely, Deletion Review or WP:DRV - generally doesn't result in many decisions being overturned, correct? And that unsuccessful DRVs are often cited in subsequent AfDs, etc., etc.?

So this flouting of standard WP procedure would seem to indicate that Mr. Seren and Mr. Prioryman are, for want of a better word, desperate to have the article deleted as soon as possible.

I guess the question is, simply, why? The site itself doesn't go away just because they delete the article, and if they wanted to do damage to Wikipediocracy they'd be much better off keeping it and revenge-editing it in the hopes of getting it to rank higher on Google. Is it just that they think it's going to increase Wikipediocracy's incoming traffic? If so, I can assure them that Wikipedia Review's WP article didn't increase WR's incoming traffic at all, or if it did it was practically imperceptible.

Knowing WPers as I do, I have to conclude that they rather stupidly think we're all going to feel bad if "our" article gets deleted. I, for one, don't care in the slightest, though I guess if I had a preference, it would probably be to get rid of it, seeing as how it's a Wikipedia article.

Forgive me if all this amounts to stating-the-obvious.
Why? Because Silver Seren lives in a video game world called Wikipedia. In that world he has the power to make something exist or make it disappear. Or at least try to make it disappear. If it gets deleted he goes up a level. Outside of that world he has no power at all to influence Wikipediocracy. So he does what he can.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 9:31 pm

The DYK RFC is hilarious.
I think Prioryman understands what the dangers are here.
Close - Crisco is right about this. Prioryman (talk) 10:39, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
Because I would be happy to RFC every single DYK that has anything to do with Gibraltar, widely construed, if this is allowed to continue.

Awww, did we pass the five day article newness standard? That's a sad.

Careful boys, that knife is sharp.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Moonage Daydream wrote:Why? Because Silver Seren lives in a video game world called Wikipedia. In that world he has the power to make something exist or make it disappear. Or at least try to make it disappear. If it gets deleted he goes up a level. Outside of that world he has no power at all to influence Wikipediocracy. So he does what he can.
Yep, to Wikipedians Wikipedia defines reality. If it isn't in Wikipedia, then on some level it's ceased to exist for them, of they can feel they have proved to the world it has no importance.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 pm

HRIP7 wrote:
Moonage Daydream wrote:Why? Because Silver Seren lives in a video game world called Wikipedia. In that world he has the power to make something exist or make it disappear. Or at least try to make it disappear. If it gets deleted he goes up a level. Outside of that world he has no power at all to influence Wikipediocracy. So he does what he can.
Yep, to Wikipedians Wikipedia defines reality. If it isn't in Wikipedia, then on some level it's ceased to exist for them, of they can feel they have proved to the world it has no importance.
Resolute, SS, Prioryman, Herostratus all seem like people who should be gently asked to go "build an encyclopedia" right about now.

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:My understanding, at least in the past, has been that the normal procedure for disputing an AfD decision - namely, Deletion Review or WP:DRV - generally doesn't result in many decisions being overturned, correct? And that unsuccessful DRVs are often cited in subsequent AfDs, etc., etc.?

Ming suspects that part of the reason SS is going down this route is that if he had taken it to DRV he would find himself having to explain exactly why he's changing his vote between discussions.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Kept.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556647010
Procedurally closed''' [edit conflict with Rockfang]. You should have challenged a "keep" by taking this to [[WP:DRV]], not by immediately opening a new AFD. I'm going to open a DRV and copy your nomination statement from here to there. DRV sometimes returns a decision of "open a new AFD"; if they do that, we can simply unclose this one. [[User:Nyttend|Nyttend]] 22:10, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
Spankage.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Heh, my watchlist expandeth exponentially. I was about to vote delete, but now I'll have to go find the new page.
Vigilant wrote:Resolute, SS, Prioryman, Herostratus all seem like people who should be gently asked to go "build an encyclopedia" right about now.
I was going to include that in my comment for your reading pleasure, but foiled again! :D
This is not a signature.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:Heh, my watchlist expandeth exponentially. I was about to vote delete, but now I'll have to go find the new page.
Vigilant wrote:Resolute, SS, Prioryman, Herostratus all seem like people who should be gently asked to go "build an encyclopedia" right about now.
I was going to include that in my comment for your reading pleasure, but foiled again! :D
Thanks, buddy.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Fri May 24, 2013 10:21 pm

DanMurphy wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
Mason wrote:
Silver seren wrote:Of course, it is impossible to know whether someone is an unspoken member or not. I was just referring to the ones that have admitted to the link. And it is not ad hominem to note that members of the site are more likely to want to defend the site. It's called [[WP:COI]], you may have heard of it. However, arguments do matter and I look forward to any WO members commenting here to fully admit they are WO members in this discussion and then present their arguments for why the subject is notable. That's the only proper way to do it, after all. Silverseren 04:45, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
"Admit"?

It's been my experience that the ones who bang on about "COI" the loudest are the ones who suffer most from it themselves. Some can hide it well, of course, but Silver seren is not among them.
I'm not sure why he thinks we would necessarily want a WP article. Googling wikipediocracy currently brings up this site as the first link, but the WP article is not far behind.
I don't want this site to have a Wikipedia article, though the process of how this article is dealt with at Wikipedia is instructive.

Young Master Sterling has put the article up for deletion again. Oh Noes!
A little OT, but the blurbs for google results 2 and 3 (the Qworty blog and the Bibby blog) show text from the header and the twitter feed respectively. Is there a way to fix that?
This is not a signature.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:A quick note that somebody has dragged SS to Administrators' Noticeboard/Incidents over the out-of-process 2nd AfD nomination of the Wikipediocracy piece.
Links: live, permanent.

As soon as I saw the first AfD, I added [[Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Wikipediocracy (2nd nomination)]] to my watchlist (the first time I've ever preemptively watchlisted an article-to-be). I felt absolutely no surprise seeing the title appear in blue four days later.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Brad, doing his best to spell things out for the lessers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556647529
'''Keep'''. First of all, I question the value of renominating this or any article for deletion just four days after a prior AFD closed as Keep, in the absence of a supervening BLP issue or the like. In any event, Wikipediocracy has become sufficiently notable to warrant an article here based on some of the sources that have been cited. At this point, the site is at least as notable as its now-moribund predecessor Wikipedia Review, which has enjoyed (?) an article for several years. And although we don't rely on future events as the basis for notability, the notability of Wikipediocracy is almost sure to continue to increase: Wikipedia and Wikimedia, for all of their positive attributes that keep us contributing, will continue to have faults and foibles that Wikipediocracy will seek to expose and publicize, sometimes fairly and sometimes otherwise.
I was fine up until here, but Brad just HAS to be thinking ahead.
If we delete this now, we'll be having an agonizing debate again about whether enough has changed to warrant inclusion some three or six months from now; let's not do that to ourselves.
I was really looking forward to doing this like the Republicans do the spending cap. Every 2 weeks whether it needs doing or not.
And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for these meddling lawyers.
For what it's worth, I do not believe this article should be mainpaged—in general, including articles that the general public would perceive as navel-gazing on the main page should be avoided—but that is a different question from whether the article should exist at all.
Your side is going to lose that one too.
What Brad must feel like these days, from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Percy Garris: Morons. I've got morons on my team. Nobody is going to rob us going down the mountain. We have got no money going down the mountain.
Finally, I hope that the community will devote only a reasonably proportionate amount of time to this entire discussion, recognizing that while this AFD may matter very much to our "inside baseball" crowd, the short-term fate of this article is of limited importance in the grander scheme of wikithings.
Dontcha know there's an encyclopedia to build?!
In the fast few days, a lot of Wikipedians (myself included) have looked back at the damage done by Qworty and asked "why wasn't this problem identified much sooner?" Part of the answer is that sometimes we collectively focus too much of the community's most precious resource, which is our contributors' time and attention, not on improving our articles and making sure that we treat our fellow editors and our article subjects fairly, but on digressions like this one. [[User:Newyorkbrad|Newyorkbrad]] 22:20, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
The larger part of the issue is that your admin corps, as a whole, is utterly corrupt and thoroughly incompetent.
You had a CU result showing socking and bad faith editing and they let it sit for YEARS.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Go, go, go little engines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... 013_May_24

Geez, the frothing anger here is palpable.
Last edited by Vigilant on Fri May 24, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Tempers getting short
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556649249
Edit summary
Null edit, reply to Automatic Strikeout. The image was censored from Ru WP, as documented by Wikipediocracy. The link was advice on coming down off of illegal drugs. Please read before writing and stop reverting your betters
Causes a flameout on Kiefer's talkpage
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556649746
Seriously, how full of yourself do you have to be to write something that arrogant? Please get a grip. [[User:Prioryman|Prioryman]]
Which shows a startling lack of self awareness.

DanMurphy
Habitué

Unread post by DanMurphy » Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Vigilant wrote:Go, go, go little engines.

Mr. Owen into the breach! (Or perhaps the other way around? Who knows?)

Tarc
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Tarc

Unread post by Tarc » Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Apparently GWickwire e-mailed Nyttend about the close of AfD #2
Your email

I closed it after commentary from other people at WP:ANI; I had no clue that there was a first AFD, let alone the second one, because I don't particularly care. It's simply a matter of following proper procedure in a way that doesn't make extra work for the nominator. Nyttend (talk) 22:27, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
He's like a ghost; no longer of the body proper, yet hovering in the hallways (i.e. IRC) forevermore.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door."

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Tarc wrote:Apparently GWickwire e-mailed Nyttend about the close of AfD #2
Your email

I closed it after commentary from other people at WP:ANI; I had no clue that there was a first AFD, let alone the second one, because I don't particularly care. It's simply a matter of following proper procedure in a way that doesn't make extra work for the nominator. Nyttend (talk) 22:27, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
He's like a ghost; no longer of the body proper, yet hovering in the hallways (i.e. IRC) forevermore.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 pm

DanMurphy wrote:
Vigilant wrote:Go, go, go little engines.

Mr. Owen into the breach! (Or perhaps the other way around? Who knows?)
I just watched that!
I like to think of myself as a Hoban "Wash" Washburne type of character, but I get the feeling that I am viewed by wikipedians as more of a Jayne Cobb.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 am

Let's have this dramah for way, way more time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556658500
This is going to be an "endorse" by sheer weight of numbers, even if we disregard all the AfD round 2 comments above, but it shouldn't be. We should let SilverSeren have his 7 days at AfD, after which the material will of course be kept, but we're not here to decide that. DRV's function is to see that the process is correctly followed, and the process is that discussions are left open for 7 days. There's no urgent or pressing reason to come to a decision earlier, is there?<p>It's against all reason and logic to endorse a "procedural close" of this kind. There is nothing procedural about closing discussions early. Any kind of snow close is an IAR close, and it's inherently bold, and can be reverted per BRD. People snow close discussions like this in an attempt to bring the drama to an end, but of course it doesn't bring the drama to an end. It just brings it here. The correct decision here is to let editors have their say in the normal way. '''Relist''' for the whole seven days.—[[User:S Marshall]]
We should start a pool.

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Sat May 25, 2013 12:40 am

Ming might even vote for S Marshall over John Pack Lambert for Head XfD Automaton.

lsanger
Critic
Wikipedia User: Larry Sanger

Unread post by lsanger » Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 am

All--you know my level of engagement here on Wikipediocracy. I'm just a participant & have agreed to let you reprint my stuff in the blogs. I'd appreciate it if you could somehow see to it that my name is not put front and center--that's just ridiculous.

Also, I never agreed to be a so-called "trustee," I don't think. I am pretty sure that all I agreed to do was to receive "trustee level permissions" in the forum, but that didn't give me control or responsibility for the site; you could have called them "Smurf level permissions" and that wouldn't have made me a Smurf.

DanMurphy
Habitué

Unread post by DanMurphy » Sat May 25, 2013 1:43 am

lsanger wrote:All--you know my level of engagement here on Wikipediocracy. I'm just a participant & have agreed to let you reprint my stuff in the blogs. I'd appreciate it if you could somehow see to it that my name is not put front and center--that's just ridiculous.

Also, I never agreed to be a so-called "trustee," I don't think. I am pretty sure that all I agreed to do was to receive "trustee level permissions" in the forum, but that didn't give me control or responsibility for the site; you could have called them "Smurf level permissions" and that wouldn't have made me a Smurf.
Mr. Sanger - Don't think you and I have ever talked. But am happy to help address this. How? (The site's original press release names you/him as a contributor, but not a founder.)

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sat May 25, 2013 1:44 am

lsanger wrote:...all I agreed to do was to receive "trustee level permissions" in the forum, but that didn't give me control or responsibility for the site; you could have called them "Smurf level permissions" and that wouldn't have made me a Smurf.
It made me into a Smurf - that's why I insisted they change it to "trustee."

lsanger
Critic
Wikipedia User: Larry Sanger

Unread post by lsanger » Sat May 25, 2013 1:52 am

DanMurphy wrote:
lsanger wrote:All--you know my level of engagement here on Wikipediocracy. I'm just a participant & have agreed to let you reprint my stuff in the blogs. I'd appreciate it if you could somehow see to it that my name is not put front and center--that's just ridiculous.

Mr. Sanger - Don't think you and I have ever talked. But am happy to help address this. How? (The site's original press release names you/him as a contributor, but not a founder.)
Haven't we? I thought we had talked at some point. Anyway, I am a contributor, and I'm not sorry about that. Wikipediocracy fills a necessary role, and it fills it rather well. It's just not one that I want to be closely associated with, because I'm not in the Wikipedia criticism business anymore. Besides, and more importantly, if anybody's name should be mentioned first in connection with the blog, it should be Greg's, Eric's, and any number of other people's. Anyway, whatever you think is appropriate. I don't mind being listed among other (much more active) participants and owners, I'd just prefer not to be the first or only listee...

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 am

Well, we appreciate your presence here, and certainly you bear no responsibility for day-to-day operations. I can remove your Trustee title and just hand-assign your forum permissions. As far as the Wikipedia page mention, well, asylum, inmates, you know...

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

DanMurphy
Habitué

Unread post by DanMurphy » Sat May 25, 2013 2:00 am

lsanger wrote:
DanMurphy wrote:

Haven't we? I thought we had talked at some point. Anyway, I am a contributor, and I'm not sorry about that. Wikipediocracy fills a necessary role, and it fills it rather well. It's just not one that I want to be closely associated with, because I'm not in the Wikipedia criticism business anymore. Besides, and more importantly, if anybody's name should be mentioned first in connection with the blog, it should be Greg's, Eric's, and any number of other people's. Anyway, whatever you think is appropriate.
What I think is appropriate is - making things right (I called you "Mr." above; apologies, it's Friday night). How to make things right, given we all know how Wikipedia works, is something else. I'm assuming that there's some "reliable source" that describes you this way and has been used for the Wikipedia article. Probably what we should do is write something short explaining what "trustee" means in this specific context. Or perhaps something more specific. There are more private ways to have that chat if that's a preferable venue.

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sat May 25, 2013 3:43 am

"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat May 25, 2013 3:49 am

The Joy wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... .7Clogs.29

Oh, for crying out loud! :hrmph:
That's hilarious since it's DemiUrge1000 v EveryoneElse.
He's at 3RR already.

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Sat May 25, 2013 3:53 am

So far, the WO has spread to:

2 AFDs
1 DRV
2 threads on DYK
1 AN/I
1 RFPP

:sick:
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat May 25, 2013 4:06 am

What a little punk
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556673582

Someone needs to take DemiUrge1000 to the ANI woodshed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =556681279

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sat May 25, 2013 4:12 am

Vigilant wrote:What a little punk

Amen. :applause: :applause:

Tippi Hadron
Queen
Wikipedia User: DracoEssentialis
Actual Name: Monika Nathalie Collida Kolbe

Unread post by Tippi Hadron » Sat May 25, 2013 4:16 am

He seems more of a New Wave type.

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sat May 25, 2013 4:16 am

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat May 25, 2013 4:28 am

I picture him more along the lines of this

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 am

I picture him more along the lines of this, only less talented
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Sat May 25, 2013 8:53 am

:agree:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote:A similarly named "[b]Demiurge_1000[/b]" posts snide remarks and shares his pictures at chatrooms at Ann Coulter.com, where he is an administrator; Ann_Coulter's Demiurge_1000 is less passive-aggression than WP's. :nazis: But Ann_Coulter's Demiurge_1000 is a Wisconsin fellow, apparently.

WP's Demiurge1000 bangs on with British spelling & sports a userbox claiming to be a graduate of Cambridge University. :dalek: Our Demiurge1000 does make interesting Coulterian comments on Wisconsin politics. :vom:

Perhaps they should get together at another, neutral chatroom (with a suitable supply of gullible & stupid young-men) and decide who gets to keep such a clever user name? :slapfight:

-Kiefer :innocent:
From "Wikipedia and Jews" discussion
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
You run into assholes all day; you're the asshole.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat May 25, 2013 2:01 pm

lsanger wrote:Also, I never agreed to be a so-called "trustee," I don't think. I am pretty sure that all I agreed to do was to receive "trustee level permissions" in the forum, but that didn't give me control or responsibility for the site; you could have called them "Smurf level permissions" and that wouldn't have made me a Smurf.
I naively assumed that the "trustees" bore some sort of responsibility.

More generally, I would like to suggest that Silver Seren is an extremely clever double agent. He is seeking to give this site maximum publicity on WP. His motives might be to help this site, or to encourage more people to come here who are strong WP supporters and therefore tilt the discussions. Just a guess, of course.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Moonage Daydream
Habitué

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Sat May 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Outsider wrote:More generally, I would like to suggest that Silver Seren is an extremely clever double agent. He is seeking to give this site maximum publicity on WP. His motives might be to help this site, or to encourage more people to come here who are strong WP supporters and therefore tilt the discussions. Just a guess, of course.
Nope. ScottyWong is our mole on WP. Prioryman helps out (but only if you pay him).

DanMurphy
Habitué

Unread post by DanMurphy » Sat May 25, 2013 3:07 pm

The whole little naval gazing saga is as good an illustration of how hopeless Wikipedia's conflict of interest guidelines are as you could hope for. Are people who like this site editing that article? Oh, yes, oh god yes. Are people who hate this site with the burning passion of 1,000 suns editing that article? Yup (Demiurge, Prioryman et al). One side is seeking to marshal duh rulz (COI!) against the other, ineffectively so far.

But in the meantime there's endless shrieking and charging about from talk page to notice board to the article itself to AFD to deletion review to etc... etc.... Apparently one of the main WO haters (Demiurge) is also a conservative political activist who edits Wikipedia for his team when not in this little tussle? What fun!

Does it foster a healthy environment for writing an encyclopedia, or attract the sorts of people you'd want for such an effort? Of course not.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat May 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Oh, good.
Now Conti is coming into the article for some tag team fun.
Reverting the same section that Demiurge1000 got to 3RR on.

I'm SURE they never discussed it off-wiki.

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Sat May 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Vigilant wrote:Oh, good.

Conti seems rather reasonable and honest.

Whether I shall be able to say the same for MrX (T-C-L) remains to be seen; he's just fired a warning shot on my talk page: User_talk:Kiefer.Wolfowitz#Wikipediocracy (T-H-L)

It's remarkable how many Wikipedia "editors" prefer bitching and moaning to improving the article. ~~~~
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Gregarious

Unread post by Kiefer.Wolfowitz » Sat May 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Kiefer.Wolfowitz wrote: Conti seems rather reasonable and honest.

Whether I shall be able to say the same for MrX (T-C-L) remains to be seen; he's just fired a warning shot on my talk page: User_talk:Kiefer.Wolfowitz#Wikipediocracy (T-H-L)
MrX apologized to me for his bad edits and then (!) filed a one-sided report at AN/EW, which Bbb23 laughed at. :fool:

Maybe MrX/RacerX (T-H-L) should have called himself "Chim Chim (T-H-L)" or "Trixie".
:lmao:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Vigilant wrote:Oh, good.

Actually, I thought Conti's edit was spot-on ... but it's certainly amusing to witness the convulsions.

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

HRIP7 wrote:Actually, I thought Conti's edit was spot-on ... but it's certainly amusing to witness the convulsions.
Meh, it is a bit too much detail on that matter for my tastes, but I think it warrants mentioning. Not in its own section, but whatever. Kiefer is being a bit of a wild dog at the moment. He's getting the page to resemble something more akin to Encyclopedia Dramatica.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat May 25, 2013 9:14 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
HRIP7 wrote:Actually, I thought Conti's edit was spot-on ... but it's certainly amusing to witness the convulsions.
Meh, it is a bit too much detail on that matter for my tastes, but I think it warrants mentioning. Not in its own section, but whatever. Kiefer is being a bit of a wild dog at the moment. He's getting the page to resemble something more akin to Encyclopedia Dramatica.
There's no stopping K-Wolf when he's rolling... He's like a home remodeler with a 24 hour deadline using skills developed in a past career carving grizzly bears from logs with a chainsaw.

Fortunately, it turns out pretty good. But if you get too close to the process when he's working, you're likely to lose some fingers...

RfB