Trustee
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Re: Jimbo calls for revolution on commons

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 am

EricBarbour wrote:Mathsci and Russavia owe me an apology. Plain and simple.

They're going down the same stupid road that Will Beback tried in 2009.

And just in case of oversight, here is what Prioryman posted on that thread which was "redacted".
::: Matt, I don't believe it's justifiable to ban people simply because they participate in the Fuckwit Forum. On the other hand, it does serve a useful purpose in red-flagging that whatever they say is here most likely (a) pointless (b) trollish (c) dickish (d) stupid or (e) some combination of (a) to (d). Think of it as a filter, if you like. [[User:Prioryman|Prioryman]] ([[User talk:Prioryman|talk]]) 21:33, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
I guess that would include about half of Arbcom, then.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 am

So, no apology, eh?

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Definitely NSFW. A .gif of a man masturbating is the first hit at commons when you search for "one stroke."

Apparently, an external website auto-generated a link to this search in an article on the malady, without knowing what it led to:
Hi, an issue was recently brought to my attention, and I'm curious if you see a way to address it within Commons policy. I'm sure you're familiar with the "toothbrush" search issue; this is similar. The first result for this search, which an external site has linked as part of its information about stroke (the medical condition), is a bit of a shock to most viewers. I thought I'd ask you because you're the only person who's put this image anywhere, and because I know you have a lot of experience managing files that involve nudity and sexuality. It seems to me that we would do better in fulfilling our educational mission if people could search our site for a word like "stroke" with reasonable confidence that they would not run into something that would surprise or offend them. I know that addressing that general principle is a big and complex issue, but do you think there is anything to be done about this particular instance? -Pete F (talk) 18:47, 16 May 2013 (UTC)

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu May 16, 2013 6:57 pm

This is why we must never implement, nor allow anyone to implement, a google search style safesearch option.

WP:NOTCENSORED!!

Like is like a box of commons, you never know what PENIS you're gonna get.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

plix tixiplik
Contributor

Unread post by plix tixiplik » Thu May 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Going by 76.126.142.59's posts on Jimbo Wales' talk page, it's the irrepressible Mbz1. Comcast ISP in San Francisco and trolling in broken English is a give-away.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 pm

DanMurphy wrote:Definitely NSFW. A .gif of a man masturbating is the first hit at commons when you search for "one stroke."

Apparently, an external website auto-generated a link to this search in an article on the malady, without knowing what it led to:
Hi, an issue was recently brought to my attention, and I'm curious if you see a way to address it within Commons policy. I'm sure you're familiar with the "toothbrush" search issue; this is similar. The first result for this search, which an external site has linked as part of its information about stroke (the medical condition), is a bit of a shock to most viewers. I thought I'd ask you because you're the only person who's put this image anywhere, and because I know you have a lot of experience managing files that involve nudity and sexuality. It seems to me that we would do better in fulfilling our educational mission if people could search our site for a word like "stroke" with reasonable confidence that they would not run into something that would surprise or offend them. I know that addressing that general principle is a big and complex issue, but do you think there is anything to be done about this particular instance? -Pete F (talk) 18:47, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
what strikes me there is not the image, but that PeteF brought this up with Mattbuck. PeteF is politically astute, doesn't get into fights, and is undoubtedly aware of the Commons 'culture'. He's also an insider who makes his living as a Wikipedia consultant (i think), so he's careful not to rock the boat. I wonder if he's gotten yelled at by one of his customers, and perhaps sensed shifting political currents and wants to be at the forefront.
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Thu May 16, 2013 10:52 pm

DanMurphy wrote:Definitely NSFW. A .gif of a man masturbating is the first hit at commons when you search for "one stroke."

Scott Bibby remains an avid reader of our little website and has a solution.

File:Male masturbation.gif
I think this is an absolutely useless file. If it were an ogg video with full length, great, but what we have here is a 0.2 sec gif of some guy jacking off which gives us nothing that is above and beyond what we already have. There's nothing educational in it at all. I think we need to look at the rest of our GIF files too, because given our video capability, they are somewhat redundant. russavia (talk) 20:23, 16 May 2013 (UTC)

Keep - While I understand what you mean, I don't think I agree. Let's face it, male masturbation is just 0.5s of action repeated over and over and over... -mattbuck (Talk) 20:51, 16 May 2013 (UTC)

Maybe for you it is Mattbuck. I am sure if you peruse the rest of our collection here on Commons, you might be able to spice that 0.5s into something more varied and interesting. russavia (talk) 20:59, 16 May 2013 (UTC)

Ghost In The Machine
Contributor
Wikipedia User: RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
Wikipedia Review Member: RDH(Ghost In The Machine)

Unread post by Ghost In The Machine » Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Vigilant wrote:Pretty remarkable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =554951112
I think no area of the entire Wikimedia movement would benefit more from easier participation than commons. The solution is to overwhelm the people who aren't doing their jobs there with people who will. That's not something I'm in a position personally to achieve, though.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]]
He's promulgating an invasion of commons by non-insane people who would just take over.
Sounds like a cybernetic version of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

Good times.
More like a counter revolution against those who have flouted the lil tin god king's authoritah.
And, as usual, the grand poltroon is leading it from behind.
:leprechaun:
Know thyself...at least once a day.

Bielle
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Bielle
Wikipedia Review Member: Bielle

Unread post by Bielle » Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Keep - While I understand what you mean, I don't think I agree. Let's face it, male masturbation is just 0.5s of action repeated over and over and over... -mattbuck (Talk) 20:51, 16 May 2013 (UTC)

Maybe for you it is Mattbuck. I am sure if you peruse the rest of our collection here on Commons, you might be able to spice that 0.5s into something more varied and interesting. russavia (talk) 20:59, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
I think that's the first time any of the Commons penis cabal has admitted that Commons is a stroke book. Russavia does appear to be on a kamikazi mission.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 am

plix tixiplik wrote:Comcast ISP in San Francisco and trolling in broken English is a give-away.
No, didn't you get the news? All Comcast ISP users in San Francisco are Eric Barbour, even though he doesn't live in San Francisco, and (I think) he doesn't subscribe to Comcast. Russavia has made this clear.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

culeaker
Contributor
Wikipedia Review Member: culeaker

Unread post by culeaker » Fri May 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Alison wrote:I can see Eric's IP addresses on here :blink: for the last few months and guess what - that IP isn't in there. Wrong location, wrong ISP, etc, etc ...
Alison

You know as well as I do that you can't prove a negative with Checkuser. How often do suspect sockpuppets ask for a checkuser to prove their innocence? How often have you agreed to such a request? I very much doubt that it is Eric, but having different IPs in itself proves nothing.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri May 17, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm Eric Barbour.

Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sat May 18, 2013 1:18 am

thekohser wrote:No, didn't you get the news? All Comcast ISP users in San Francisco are Eric Barbour, even though he doesn't live in San Francisco, and (I think) he doesn't subscribe to Comcast. Russavia has made this clear.
Russavia is a stupid piece of shit. If he had bothered to do a little checking, he'd learn that I live in Lake County, not San Francisco;
that Comcast service (cable TV, internet, whatever) is NOT available anywhere in Lake County; and my real, current IP address has
never been blocked. Partly because it was also used in the past, by one ItosLemma (T-C-L), an editor in good standing whose
identity is unknown to me. Because sonic.net reassigned it in 2012. They do that occasionally, understand?

Russavia owes me an apology. And Mathsci still owes me one, because he's claimed to have apologized, yet I never saw it anywhere.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Vigilant wrote: Photographs by Peter Klashorst
Speaking of Klashorst, apparently someone thought it would increase world knowledge by adding one of his ridiculous photos (NSFW) to a Russian Wikinews (who knew there was such a thing?) article documenting an interesting Middle Eastern survey of how people think Muslim women should dress.

Jimbo's reaction, to his credit, is right and proper:
It is ludicrous and wrong, and likely racist. Nothing can justify it.
Russavia and Odder have to be behind this comic spectacle somehow, right?
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:13 am

The person who added it is apparently the one who created the article, Krassotkin (T-C-L).

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 am

thekohser wrote:
the jimbo wrote:Nothing can justify it.
Oh, I dunno, Jimmy - if you were searching for a dyed-in-the-wool apologist, eager to run around at Russavia's whim and excuse such stuff, I might be able to steer you in the right direction... I'd even waive the finder's fee just for the entertainment.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 am

thekohser wrote:
Vigilant wrote: Photographs by Peter Klashorst
Speaking of Klashorst, apparently someone thought it would increase world knowledge by adding one of his ridiculous photos (NSFW) to a Russian Wikinews (who knew there was such a thing?) article documenting an interesting Middle Eastern survey of how people think Muslim women should dress.

Jimbo's reaction, to his credit, is right and proper:
It is ludicrous and wrong, and likely racist. Nothing can justify it.
Russavia and Odder have to be behind this comic spectacle somehow, right?
Russavia trolls Jimmy on his commons talk page.

Clipperton
Contributor

Unread post by Clipperton » Tue May 06, 2014 1:42 am

Posting for the record, to the most topical thread I could find based on the now infamous 'toothbrush' keyword:

Searching for 'pants' gives at least 2 or 3 adult images on the first page of results.

As you were.

Last edited by Clipperton on Tue May 06, 2014 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 am

Clipperton wrote:Posting for the record, to the most topical thread I could find based on the now infamous 'toothbrush' keyword:

'Searching for 'pants' gives at least 2 or 3 adult images on the first page of results.
"Necklace" does as well. The thing is riddled with innapropriate 'results.'
Edit: I correct myself. Recent additions have pushed the secondary sexual characteristics and display of gametes past the first 100 results.
Bravo.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Clipperton
Contributor

Unread post by Clipperton » Tue May 06, 2014 1:48 am

Zoloft wrote:"Necklace" does as well. The thing is riddled with innapropriate 'results.'
Eek. OK!