What about Beeblebub?

Captain Occam
Gregarious
kołdry

Re: What about Beeblebub?

Unread post by Captain Occam » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 am

Wer900 wrote:That may be best for my own good standing on Wikipedia. However, that's a lot like the Chinese government's approach to "press freedom"—let a few newspapers and television channels in Hong Kong publish what they would like, just to give the impression to a completely idiotic person that "we have a vibrant opposition press". Wikipedians cannot shuffle off criticism onto "that bad site" because they don't want to hear it.
I think the problem other people have had with you isn't so much that you criticize admins on-wiki, but that you do it on-wiki in places where it doesn't belong. If you think Beeblebrox's conduct is a major problem and needs to be criticized on-wiki, the best thing for you to do is to stop bringing it up piecemeal on various talk pages, and focus instead on presenting all of the best (worst) examples in an RFC/U. If you do that, it will be much harder for other people to have a problem with it, because that function is what the RFC/U process exists for.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:17 am

Wer900 wrote:
Zoloft wrote:
Wer900 wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
The Devil's Advocate wrote:On an actually relevant note, the case filed against Wer has died a silent death.
I hope our friend learns from the experience and keeps the on-site criticism appropriate. If that ended at ArbCom, he'd be playing golf with Kiefer. And next time, it's probably gonna end at ArbCom...

RfB
Tell me, how am I supposed to improve? I never did or said anything I thought would be grossly degrading to Beeblebrox. If I did, I would like to know. I'm being honest here.
Criticize prickly admins over HERE. It's what we're for among other things.
That may be best for my own good standing on Wikipedia. However, that's a lot like the Chinese government's approach to "press freedom"—let a few newspapers and television channels in Hong Kong publish what they would like, just to give the impression to a completely idiotic person that "we have a vibrant opposition press". Wikipedians cannot shuffle off criticism onto "that bad site" because they don't want to hear it.
Perhaps you are correct. But they can shuffle you off to Buffalo.

This is
my
business card!

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:41 am

Wer just forgot that he was not dealing with people known for having a calm and understanding demeanor. He annoyed someone who loves to dish it out but can't take it.

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:05 am

@WER. Stuff that you said would fly fine here, but on-wiki it becomes "us against them" "battleground language" and out come the pitchforks.

As mentioned above, if you feel there are grievous, specific problems with one individual, there is a process for taking care of that. You need to pick your shots and choose your words carefully with specific reform proposals and even moreso in the case of being a smartass or making jokes...

If you feel like venting, this is the place.

They are going to wipe you out next time, so you really need to make sure there isn't a next time.

RfB

Wer900
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Wer900

Unread post by Wer900 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:11 am

Randy from Boise wrote:@WER. Stuff that you said would fly fine here, but on-wiki it becomes "us against them" "battleground language" and out come the pitchforks.

As mentioned above, if you feel there are grievous, specific problems with one individual, there is a process for taking care of that. You need to pick your shots and choose your words carefully with specific reform proposals and even moreso in the case of being a smartass or making jokes...

If you feel like venting, this is the place.

They are going to wipe you out next time, so you really need to make sure there isn't a next time.

RfB
You supported my reform proposals that were shot down by "the community" by none other than Beeblebrox himself. I appreciate your sincere words.

Next time, I will follow the accepted Wikipedia processes for a reform proposal or user investigation, broken and worthless as they are (not denigrating you at all, but the processes)—If I merely want to state something it will be here. You're right, it's the best way right now to maintain the tenuous calm that exists between the AN/I dwellers and me.
Obvious civility robots are obvious

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Wer900 wrote:Wikipedians cannot shuffle off criticism onto "that bad site" because they don't want to hear it.
Sure they can. Examples abound.