One dissatisfied customer at a time

SB_Johnny
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

One dissatisfied customer at a time

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

Apparently somebody goofed with the CU buttons who didn't understand a few things about TOR, and made somebody very angry at Arbcom.

Is that guy here? :wave:
This is not a signature.

Mason
Habitué

Re: One dissatisfied customer at a time

Unread post by Mason » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 am

Wow.

In the "Wikipedia is a community built on love and respect" department, check out the edit summary arb Hersfold offers the victim:
Hersfold wrote:comment/explanation, since someone's apparently convinced there are black helicopters
Because naturally, only a conspiracy theorist could think ArbCom is ever wrong about anything.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 am

On the one hand he comes off as a little... obsessive.
I will not stop. Years from now you will tire of this, but I will still be there, here, wherever, clamoring for your fall. I will not stop. Ban me if you will, but I will see this through. You will step down or I will spend every ounce of skill I have to see you are forced to do so. You will step down or ... I am not even sure yet. If it means having your administrative right revoked, so be it. If it means a letter writing campaign to the Wikimedia Foundation board, so be it. If it means wearing a bright red t-shirt at the WikiMania con or otherwise causing a ruckus, then so be it. I will see this through.
On the other hand this is the super-seekrit nastygram that set him off.
You have been blocked based on CheckUser evidence that you are clearly abusing multiple accounts. If you believe this is a mistake, you may email me. At this time, until my investigation is complete, i'm not going to release the account names in which are matching with you as this is a big investigation and is not complete, but several CheckUsers have already looked into this offwiki and have verified the results. If you wish not to email me, you can appeal right to the Ban Appeals Subcommittee by emailing arbcom-appeals-en@lists.wikimedia.org. -- DQ (ʞlɐʇ) 00:56, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
Came with a nice big, fat template from "DeltaQuadrant" of the "trust me, I'm a professional and know more than you do" variety (which I've never seen before). It says in part:
Administrators: CheckUsers are privy to confidential system logs not accessible by the public or administrators due to the Wikimedia Foundation's privacy policy, and therefore must be consulted before this block can be removed. Administrators undoing checkuser blocks without permission from a checkuser risk having their administrator rights removed by the Arbitration Committee (per this announcement). -- -- DQ (ʞlɐʇ) 00:55, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
Let me guess: Mr. Dairy Queen is under the age of 25 and has a cop obsession (and probably likes video games very, very much).

ADDING: This is interesting from the aggrieved party:
I'm speechless, really. I just really don't know what to make of this, because I really cannot accept this was some accident. They can see my IP addresses I connect to Wikipedia with. They know they are separate from both my IRL identity and my Wikimedia identity... And make no mistake: as of 16:46, 27 December 2012, User:Int21h is banned from Wikipedia forever. And they know who I am, personally, so effectively I am as well. Someone change the User page. Int21h (talk) 03:10, 29 December 2012 (UTC) Int21h (talk) 03:18, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
Oh, and here's Wikimedia Foundation employee contractor and English Wikipedia Arbitrator Coren chiming in with more love and respect.
I have removed the edit summary you have used while editing your user page just now. Threats of harm, even when not intended to be serious, are a serious matter and should not appear on Wikipedia. — Coren (talk) 23:39, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
Good times, good times. They just can't help but eat their own.
Last edited by DanMurphy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 am

DanMurphy wrote:Let me guess: Mr. Dairy Queen is under the age of 25 and has a cop obsession (and probably likes video games very, very much).
Even better, he's got some connection to the Canadian military. And he likes Star Trek, of course.
He was patrolling with Twinkle long before adminship.

(As usual, as soon as he got the help of an oversighter, he went around and obliterated the edit records of his own socks.)

Ahem. You're welcome. And just to note what happened to one of the WebCites:
This URL has been archived internally and can be made available for scholars on request, but we cannot make it accessible on the web, because the copyright holder (Aaron Passley, passleya@gmail.com) has asked us not to display the material. If you have concerns about this individual not being the copyright holder, or if you require access to the material in our dark archive for scholarly or legal purposes, please contact us.
Plus, he just deleted his Facebook. (There's another Aaron Passley in Florida, so beware.)

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:02 am

SB_Johnny wrote:Apparently somebody goofed with the CU buttons who didn't understand a few things about TOR, and made somebody very angry at Arbcom.

I incited Int21h (T-C-L) to come vent here, where he can't be blocked by DQ.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:09 am

Zoloft wrote:I incited Int21h (T-C-L) to come vent here, where he can't be blocked by DQ.
Maybe we could offer him cookies or brownies, because I'd really like to see his side of this. He won't be the first or the last editor to be screwed over by DeltaQuad.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 am

SB_Johnny wrote:Apparently somebody goofed with the CU buttons ...
Not just "someone", but someone who weeks later would block an Indonesian editor for "Working behind a proxy to evade CU detection", on suspicion that he was me!

Obviously, this DeltaQuad is a boob and a liability. I'm sure he'll go far in the WikiSystem.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

DanMurphy
Habitué

Unread post by DanMurphy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:24 am

thekohser wrote:
Not just "someone", but someone who weeks later would block an Indonesian editor for "Working behind a proxy to evade CU detection", on suspicion that he was me!

Obviously, this DeltaQuad is a boob and a liability. I'm sure he'll go far in the WikiSystem.
Ah, that's why the DeltaQuad handle rang a bell. This is our earlier thread on the Indonesian.

Malleus
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Wikipedia Review Member: Malleus

Unread post by Malleus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:39 pm

thekohser wrote:

At least it demonstrates how seriously Wikipedia takes the idea of editor retention -- not at all.

Tarc
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Tarc

Unread post by Tarc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Zoloft wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:Apparently somebody goofed with the CU buttons who didn't understand a few things about TOR, and made somebody very angry at Arbcom.

I think you're dancing with a JoeHazleton-esque personality here, this guy is coming off as rather manic.

He got blocked a few months ago for a few weeks, was unblocked and apologized to. What else is there to expect? This public shaming crusade is just silly.
"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door."

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Tarc wrote:
Zoloft wrote:

I think you're dancing with a JoeHazleton-esque personality here, this guy is coming off as rather manic.

He got blocked a few months ago for a few weeks, was unblocked and apologized to. What else is there to expect? This public shaming crusade is just silly.
You have to believe in people, Tarc. Until they let you down. Then you stuff them in a burlap sack.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Moonage Daydream
Habitué

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 pm

DeltaQuad's reply to his message to ArbCom is worth quoting here:
Don't you mean your third message? (Maybe not directly to ArbCom...) Nice of you to just notify me now. Anyway, your comment about "I hold this so-called committee responsible for the events that transpired that led to my permanent ban." Wait, did I miss something? (Excuse my sarcasm) I unblocked you, and you are not permanently banned (well yet...if you continue on this trail someone else might make that happen). Since you call for my resignation, I'll make it a really simple response, no. I have a unique set of skills to help offer the team, and I'm human, I make mistakes. So far you have called me incompetent, questioned my mental health, and misrepresented the facts. Furthermore, you told admins "fuck you", told them to "go fuck yourself" called them "little fucking bitches", called me a "fucking douchebag", and you told us to "take my thousands of edits and created pages and shove them up your ass". So much for no personal attacks... Even after that, I gave you a sincere apology which you claim to be empty, I unblocked you, and even gave you IPBE back without any questions. Now your still going on about 1 simple mistake. To top this all off, there were 3 other CUs that originally agreed with my view. (Although i'm not going to give you their names because you'll just troll them) Also regarding your email, I did reply to it, you never replied back. It's not my problem if you couldn't access that mail account, I replied. And it wasn't like you sent me 10 million emails, you sent me one very small email mostly asking me to resign because I was wrong. If you can stop trolling everyone (including me), I'd be more than glad to 'sit down with you' and go over what I can tell you without breaking the privacy policy, and try and answer your questions. If you don't want to accept my apology, fine by me, but I'm dropping the stick, and moving on. -- DQ (ʞlɐʇ) 02:00, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Calls legitimate (although bizarrely strident) criticism "trolling". Makes thinly-veiled threat that user will be blocked. Says user should be happy because they were unblocked. Claims he isn't incompetent because other people made the same mistake. DeltaQuad says he has "a unique set of skills to help offer the team", but he sure sounds like just another power-trippin' admin.

DanMurphy
Habitué

Unread post by DanMurphy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Moonage Daydream wrote:DeltaQuad's reply to his message to ArbCom is worth quoting here:
Don't you mean your third message? (Maybe not directly to ArbCom...) Nice of you to just notify me now. Anyway, your comment about "I hold this so-called committee responsible for the events that transpired that led to my permanent ban." Wait, did I miss something? (Excuse my sarcasm) I unblocked you, and you are not permanently banned (well yet...if you continue on this trail someone else might make that happen). Since you call for my resignation, I'll make it a really simple response, no. I have a unique set of skills to help offer the team, and I'm human, I make mistakes. So far you have called me incompetent, questioned my mental health, and misrepresented the facts. Furthermore, you told admins "fuck you", told them to "go fuck yourself" called them "little fucking bitches", called me a "fucking douchebag", and you told us to "take my thousands of edits and created pages and shove them up your ass". So much for no personal attacks... Even after that, I gave you a sincere apology which you claim to be empty, I unblocked you, and even gave you IPBE back without any questions. Now your still going on about 1 simple mistake. To top this all off, there were 3 other CUs that originally agreed with my view. (Although i'm not going to give you their names because you'll just troll them) Also regarding your email, I did reply to it, you never replied back. It's not my problem if you couldn't access that mail account, I replied. And it wasn't like you sent me 10 million emails, you sent me one very small email mostly asking me to resign because I was wrong. If you can stop trolling everyone (including me), I'd be more than glad to 'sit down with you' and go over what I can tell you without breaking the privacy policy, and try and answer your questions. If you don't want to accept my apology, fine by me, but I'm dropping the stick, and moving on. -- DQ (ʞlɐʇ) 02:00, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Calls legitimate (although bizarrely strident) criticism "trolling". Makes thinly-veiled threat that user will be blocked. Says user should be happy because they were unblocked. Claims he isn't incompetent because other people made the same mistake. DeltaQuad says he has "a unique set of skills to help offer the team", but he sure sounds like just another power-trippin' admin.
Yeah, a simpering petty tyrant straight out of central casting. Has absolutely no capacity for self-knowledge.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Int21h lives in Sacramento, but somehow needs to edit wp through Tor while spoofing his user-agent string?

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 pm

tarantino wrote:Int21h lives in Sacramento, but somehow needs to edit wp through Tor while spoofing his user-agent string?
Lots of people edit WP like that.
Or did, until 2011, when two bots were written to auto-block open proxies and Tor nodes.
Guess they're not as effective as advertised.

Give Int some credit for being a little smarter than Joe Hazelton.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
tarantino wrote:Int21h lives in Sacramento, but somehow needs to edit wp through Tor while spoofing his user-agent string?
Lots of people edit WP like that.
Or did, until 2011, when two bots were written to auto-block open proxies and Tor nodes.
Guess they're not as effective as advertised.

Give Int some credit for being a little smarter than Joe Hazelton.
User named after a DOS interrupt.
:hmmm:
Dinosaur type like me.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am

EricBarbour wrote:Guess they're not as effective as advertised.
Depends on your viewpoint. They are as 'effective as advertised' in that they do block almost all the casual users of TOR etc.

They have zero effect on anyone who knows what they are doing.

Tarc
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Tarc

Unread post by Tarc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Anroth wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:Guess they're not as effective as advertised.
Depends on your viewpoint. They are as 'effective as advertised' in that they do block almost all the casual users of TOR etc.

They have zero effect on anyone who knows what they are doing.
That's usually only the best that one can hope for. Like how semi-protection keeps the majority of the idiots and vandals-to-be at bay, but all someone has to do to become autoconfirmed is create an account, wait a few days, and make 10 edits.
"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door."

Triptych
Retired
Wikipedia User: it's alliterative

Unread post by Triptych » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:29 pm

thekohser wrote:Obviously, this DeltaQuad is a boob and a liability. I'm sure he'll go far in the WikiSystem.
Right you were, as he ran successfully for Arbcom a couple months ago.

I just looked at his contributions to see if he was doing anything more than SPI and light administrative and this diff looks like he wrote the Wifione arbitration decision but I am not sure because sometimes people copy stuff around and I misinterpret the log.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:58 pm

DanMurphy wrote:
thekohser wrote:

Ah, that's why the DeltaQuad handle rang a bell. This is our earlier thread on the Indonesian.
Yeah, wow. That guy sounded like just a decent content editor but Deltaquad and Kingofhearts just screwed him over like he was nothing.

This was a weird search result I found. It appears to identify Deltaquad's old gmail as that of an Indian hacker. Joe job?
On 8 March 2015 at 9:50 am passleya@gmail.com said:
Unstoppable hacking service, best on the sub-continent. Free quotes: pa*sleya@gmail.com
(Http://www.hiprank.com/indian-hackers.html.)

Makes little sense as he has an anglo surname and is supposed to be from Ontario, Canada.
Triptych. A Live Journal I have under other pseudonym, w. email address: Tim Song Fan. My Arbcom Accountability Project: in German. In art.

Triptych
Retired

Unread post by Triptych » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Triptych wrote: This was a weird search result I found. It appears to identify Deltaquad's old gmail as that of an Indian hacker. Joe job?
On 8 March 2015 at 9:50 am passleya@gmail.com said:
Unstoppable hacking service, best on the sub-continent. Free quotes: pa*sleya@gmail.com
(Http://www.hiprank.com/indian-hackers.html.)

Makes little sense as he has an anglo surname and is supposed to be from Ontario, Canada.
He is interested in hacking though:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.