Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 pm

greenday61892 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:10 pm
The Garbage Scow wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:07 pm

Apostate!
Oh right sorry, hold on let me try again

*Ahem*

Fuck all the complainers it doesn't matter what standards have changed they earned their mops let them keep them!!!!

Sorry, that should be better
Very good. The ghost of Larry's sanity smiles upon you and AN/I sings with the golden voice of a thousand angels.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Re: Sandstein thinks using the term "legacy admin" is blockable offense

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pm

i took a bit of a look at this, the last time I recall it coming up on-wiki, I believe there was general agreement that "legacy admin" was perhaps not the nicest thing to say, but if used in the abstract is probably ok. Directing it at a specific individual does change the context, I agree there, but not enough for a no-warning block.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Kraken
Banned

Re: Sandstein thinks using the term "legacy admin" is blockable offense

Unread post by Kraken » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:54 am

Classic legacy Administrator.....
Keep but rename -- the name of the article is ridiculous and unprofessional, but the content is well sourced coverage of an extremely widely-covered controversy across international news (and particularly in the U.S. media by mainstream, reliable sources). This isn't a short term, one-off event; this story dominated U.S. media coverage for weeks. "I don't like it." isn't a good enough reason to delete; nor is "The international media was mean to my favorite princess." ⇒SWATJester Shoot Blues, Tell VileRat! 15:45, 1 April 2024 (UTC)
Marks himself out as an absolute buffoon from the get go, by not even realizing this article has proven immune to all attempts to rename it. And there have been a lot of suggestions. That is precisely because it isn't a viable article. Sure, many people are equally clueless as to the basic history of this dogshit article. But how many are Admins?

This is truly the AfD opinion of an absolute dinosaur who hasn't remotely kept abreast of current norms. There are literal newbies making a better fist of navigating the complex interplay of policy and guideline here. Very few have even realized COATRACK covers all their concerns in a neat summary. One wonders if this guy has even heard of COATRACK.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.