kołdry

Re: Tamzin resigns as an admin

Unread post by Skeptic Wikipedian » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:37 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:49 pm
MrErnie wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:23 pm
I think it was a good move.
Is it likely anyone was going to visit it or edit it?
As it was a very controversial RfA, yes it will be visited. Blanking it is moot, though, considering the fact that page history exists.

MaterialsPsych
Contributor
Wikipedia User: MaterialsPsych
Nom de plume: JCX

Unread post by MaterialsPsych » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:09 am

Kraken wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:12 am
pib wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:27 am
I don’t get what was so “gross” about TNW’s mistake?
It was supposedly about how challenging the tone of a victim of a personal attack is effectively endorsing the attack or victim blaming. Thankfully this appears to have been a minority of a minority view, with most opposing based on how TNW reacted to Tamzin's reaction to TNW's reaction to Tamzin's comment six months previously.
Well, when you put it that way, it shows how inane and out-of-proportion many of those RfA opposes were.

TheWordsmith
Contributor
Wikipedia User: The Wordsmith
Wikipedia Review Member: None

Unread post by TheWordsmith » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:05 pm

MaterialsPsych wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:09 am
Kraken wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:12 am
pib wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:27 am
I don’t get what was so “gross” about TNW’s mistake?
It was supposedly about how challenging the tone of a victim of a personal attack is effectively endorsing the attack or victim blaming. Thankfully this appears to have been a minority of a minority view, with most opposing based on how TNW reacted to Tamzin's reaction to TNW's reaction to Tamzin's comment six months previously.
Well, when you put it that way, it shows how inane and out-of-proportion many of those RfA opposes were.
Tamzin was right that Wikipedia has plenty of cultural problems, and TNW's reaction was very odd. It's also true that Wikipedia's culture is probably better than most other websites, but that's more a reflection on how unhinged places like Twitter/X and Reddit have gotten over the years.

I also think that members of the admin corps and other entrenched editors taking an occasional rolled-up newspaper to the nose is probably a good thing. A big part of the cultural problems with other parts of the Internet is that the power users/moderators/admins are completely unaccountable.

Paragon Deku
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Paragon Deku

Unread post by Paragon Deku » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:48 pm

Skeptic Wikipedian wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:54 pm
ltbdl wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:22 pm
redbaron wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:11 am
Skeptic Wikipedian wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:41 am
Hopefully ferret is next to go.
Out of curiosity, why?
"skeptic wikipedian" is sad that they got banned from the wikimedia discord by ferret
And you'd be wrong. I've had the misfortune of interacting with them on-wiki and on the Discord--where I am still very much a member--and she shows the same arrogance and inability to be more understanding (especially with newer editors). She's also apparently a parent which is quite a terrifying thought. There are other people besides her who run that place, y'know.
My one memory of interacting with her was when she dramatically entered the Israel/Palestine chat disgruntled mom style to tell everyone to be civil and then unceremoniously banned me for arguing with the admins in there.

More on-topic, I always found Tamzin nice. I hope everything turns out as well as it can off-wiki.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:05 am

She certainly loved te dramah. To the extent of encouraging it.
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."