ANI regulars

Mojito
Critic
kołdry

ANI regulars

Unread post by Mojito » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:35 am

In case anyone's interested, I had a poke around amongst the recent top contributors at AN/I (based on those who had more than 300 edits amongst the latest 50,000 edits by all contributors). I don't hang out AN/I enough to know who the problem children are, so this isn't meant to imply that anyone is a bad editor.

But I thought it would be interesting to see who's the most prolific over there and what else they've been working on recently, so here goes:
  1. Hey man im josh (T-C-L): admin, joined 2020. A very prolific editor. Lots of American sports, music and category deletion.
  2. Snow Rise (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2011. Often at RfC, village pump and controversial topical issues.
  3. Ravenswing (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2005. Edits various topics and ice hockey.
  4. EEng (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2008. Edits various topics, including various controversial ones.
  5. Cullen328 (T-C-L): admin, joined 2009. Frequently works at the teahouse and helpdesk.
  6. Black Kite (T-C-L): admin, joined 2006. Often edits news-related topics, but also random smattering. A wonderful person (and WPO regular), of course :D
  7. Lourdes (T-C-L): ex-admin, joined 2015. This one's a can of worms...
  8. Bbb23 (T-C-L): admin, joined 2008. Very prolific. Sockpuppets and various other topics.
  9. HistoryofIran (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2013. Sockpuppetry and articles about Central Asia.
  10. LilianaUwU (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2022. Edits articles about various topics.
  11. Beyond My Ken (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2009. Mostly mainspace articles, particularly films.
  12. El C (T-C-L): admin, joined 2004. Lots of page protection work.
  13. Nil Einne (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2005. Lots of work at BLP + Reliable Sources noticeboards.

Starship Enterprise
Where no ban has gone before

Re: ANI regulars

Unread post by Starship Enterprise » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:07 am

1. Hey man im josh (T-C-L): 46.7% main space
  2. Snow Rise (T-C-L): 24.3% main space
  3. Ravenswing (T-C-L): 52.8% main space
  4. EEng (T-C-L): 32.5% main space
  5. Cullen328 (T-C-L): 27.8% main space
  6. Black Kite (T-C-L): 28.8% main space
  7. Lourdes (T-C-L): 35.6% main space
  8. Bbb23 (T-C-L): 37.9% main space
  9. HistoryofIran (T-C-L): 67.9% main space
  10. LilianaUwU (T-C-L): 52.5% main space
  11. Beyond My Ken (T-C-L): 68% main space
  12. El C (T-C-L): 61.1% main space
  13. Nil Einne (T-C-L): 7.5% main space

Mojito
Critic

Unread post by Mojito » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 am

Starship Enterprise wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:07 am
% main space stats
Thanks, that's a useful addition.

Hmm, only 5 of 13 are above 50%

FelinaLavandula
Regular
Nom de plume: Arugula

Unread post by FelinaLavandula » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:05 am

I am a regular reader of ANI so none of these names are new to me, but I’m not going to do a deep dive because who cares.
This, however,
Mojito wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 am
5 of 13 are above 50%
literally surprises me. I wouldn’t guess that any of the top 25 editors at ANI had more than 50% mainspace edits.

utbc
Critic

Unread post by utbc » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:54 am

Admins is MEH. You'd have to make a better case showing they're not just doing their jobs.

Nil and Ken are well-established, well-known regulars. Nil is reasonable almost all of the time. I have not seen them get scolded for any specific incident, but theirs is the first name to find mention when people talk about the peanut gallery or whatever they call people who hang out in drama doing almost no content work. Ken finds more controversy but he does so much total editing that he argues his dramaboard participation is still a very reasonable percent, on the low end even; premise is true, conclusion is sus.

Others I had not noticed as being one thing or the other.

Black Kite
Regular
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Unread post by Black Kite » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:50 pm

Mojito wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 am
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:07 am
% main space stats
Thanks, that's a useful addition.

Hmm, only 5 of 13 are above 50%
Not unusual for long-term admins that do a lot of moppy stuff, especially blocking. You end up leaving a lot of notices on talk and usertalk pages. Monitoring contentious pages that have a lot of edit requests also means a lot of talk page stuff.

I also don't have a lot of time to write articles these days; looking at it, I only wrote two in 2023 and I really need to go back to one of those and add some reception information (it was a music album). If I do get involved with an article, it's often fixing someone up for Recent Deaths whose article is terrible.

Cheryl
Contributor

Unread post by Cheryl » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:34 pm

I don't recall HistoryOfIran engaging at ANI in other people's threads, but (impression formed by reading ANI regularly like it was Soap Opera Digest) he opens more threads than anyone else.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 pm

Cheryl wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:34 pm
I don't recall HistoryOfIran engaging at ANI in other people's threads, but (impression formed by reading ANI regularly like it was Soap Opera Digest) he opens more threads than anyone else.
HistoryOfIran is also reported regularly for alleged edit warring or POV pushing. Usually with the result that the filer gets indeffed as NOTHERE.
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

The Blue Newt
Habitué

Unread post by The Blue Newt » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:21 pm

rnu wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 pm
Cheryl wrote:
HistoryOfIran is also reported regularly for alleged edit warring or POV pushing. Usually with the result that the filer gets indeffed as NOTHERE.
Usually rightly or usually wrongly?

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:37 pm

The Blue Newt wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:21 pm
rnu wrote:
Cheryl wrote:
No idea. I never looked at his editing. I just noticed that he is reported (and reports) a lot and usually ends up "winning".

Hemiauchenia
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Hemiauchenia

Unread post by Hemiauchenia » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:38 pm

The Blue Newt wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:21 pm
rnu wrote:
Cheryl wrote:
The topic area that HOI regularly edits (Middle East/Central Asian history) is full of nationalist POV pushers/sockmasters, so the blocks are usually correct and remove problematic editors.

Black Kite
Regular
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Unread post by Black Kite » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:28 pm

rnu wrote:
Cheryl wrote:
Usually correctly. I've just partial-blocked another one at ANI. HoI is one of the few editors in that arena who would like the articles to resemble something close to reality. And there's a *lot* of socks of banned editors around there as well.

Mojito
Critic

Unread post by Mojito » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am

Cheryl wrote:
(impression formed by reading ANI regularly like it was Soap Opera Digest)
I'd be interested to hear who you think is responsible for the failings of that joint. Any regular culprits or is it just fly-by-nighters?

Elinruby
Habitué

Unread post by Elinruby » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:22 pm

Mojito wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:35 am
In case anyone's interested, I had a poke around amongst the recent top contributors at AN/I (based on those who had more than 300 edits amongst the latest 50,000 edits by all contributors). I don't hang out AN/I enough to know who the problem children are, so this isn't meant to imply that anyone is a bad editor.

But I thought it would be interesting to see who's the most prolific over there and what else they've been working on recently, so here goes:
  1. Hey man im josh (T-C-L): admin, joined 2020. A very prolific editor. Lots of American sports, music and category deletion.
  2. Snow Rise (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2011. Often at RfC, village pump and controversial topical issues.
  3. Ravenswing (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2005. Edits various topics and ice hockey.
  4. EEng (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2008. Edits various topics, including various controversial ones.
  5. Cullen328 (T-C-L): admin, joined 2009. Frequently works at the teahouse and helpdesk.
  6. Black Kite (T-C-L): admin, joined 2006. Often edits news-related topics, but also random smattering. A wonderful person (and WPO regular), of course :D
  7. Lourdes (T-C-L): ex-admin, joined 2015. This one's a can of worms...
  8. Bbb23 (T-C-L): admin, joined 2008. Very prolific. Sockpuppets and various other topics.
  9. HistoryofIran (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2013. Sockpuppetry and articles about Central Asia.
  10. LilianaUwU (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2022. Edits articles about various topics.
  11. Beyond My Ken (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2009. Mostly mainspace articles, particularly films.
  12. El C (T-C-L): admin, joined 2004. Lots of page protection work.
  13. Nil Einne (T-C-L): non-admin, joined 2005. Lots of work at BLP + Reliable Sources noticeboards.
I thought Ravenswing was an admin based on their behaviour at ANI. No wonder they didn't think it was important that the one case was a contentious topic--they didn't see the point, I guess

Cheryl
Contributor

Unread post by Cheryl » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:03 pm

Mojito wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am
Cheryl wrote:
(impression formed by reading ANI regularly like it was Soap Opera Digest)
I'd be interested to hear who you think is responsible for the failings of that joint. Any regular culprits or is it just fly-by-nighters?
I'm not sure what you mean by failings? I mean, it's a drama board...it is what it is. When I had downtime at work, I'd sit and read through ANI's archives for hours, following all the links. Good way to absorb the perceived norms of the community (or at least learn where the hidden mines are) and discover lots of juicy history.

The lengthy threads that can turn into pile-ons are probably the most frustrating and least successful, a lot of people walk away from those unhappy with whatever the resolution was. But I think even those still serve a necessary communal purpose, despite their messiness.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:08 pm

Cheryl wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:03 pm
[...]
The lengthy threads that can turn into pile-ons are probably the most frustrating and least successful, a lot of people walk away from those unhappy with whatever the resolution was. But I think even those still serve a necessary communal purpose, despite their messiness.
They tend to clarify who the rules apply to and who is exempt.

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: I AM your guilty pleasure
Actual Name: Written addiction

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:25 am

There would also appear to me something else of note here: relatively new editors who regularly post at teh Dramah Board, then get a slippering on their talk pages. OK, here's the last 1,000 posts to WP:AN/I: link

I'll donate AU$ 100 to the charity of your choice if you can identify the non-admin who has recently posted more than 30 times to WP:AN/I. With this caveat: only if they have got a slippering on their talk page.
"Snowflakes around the world are laughing at your low melting temperature."

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:46 pm

link
greyed.out.fields wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:25 am
the non-admin who has recently posted more than 30 times to WP:AN/I. With this caveat: only if they have got a slippering on their talk page.
Chaotic Enby (T-C-L) has posted there over 100 times since 1 Jan. And has been bollocked on their talk by Girth Summit. In so far as GS bollocks anyone, of course.
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:19 pm

C&B wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:46 pm
link
greyed.out.fields wrote:
the non-admin who has recently posted more than 30 times to WP:AN/I. With this caveat: only if they have got a slippering on their talk page.
Chaotic Enby (T-C-L) has posted there over 100 times since 1 Jan. And has been bollocked on their talk by Girth Summit. In so far as GS bollocks anyone, of course.
That advice from GS is some of the best I've ever seen on Wikipedia.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:57 pm

It's a shame it was wasted, though. Still, CE did manage to last four days before diving back in.
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:03 am

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:19 pm
C&B wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:46 pm
link
greyed.out.fields wrote:
That advice from GS is some of the best I've ever seen on Wikipedia.
I've noticed Chaotic Enby (T-C-L) in several ANI threads where he's called out admins and unblockables for incivility.

There's currently a thread about Chris troutman (T-C-L)'s comments to a new editor. Chaotic Enby criticized troutman, incurring the ire of Drmies (T-C-L) and especially Lepricavark (T-C-L) who thrashed Chaotic Enby over Chaotic Enby's "civility campaign". link

yasslay
Contributor

Unread post by yasslay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:51 pm

greyed.out.fields wrote:
-snip-

if you can identify the non-admin who has recently posted more than 30 times to WP:AN/I. With this caveat: only if they have got a slippering on their talk page.
(long-term stalker)

Babysharkboss2 (T-C-L) has posted at ANI a lot over the past few months and received a bollocking from Tamzin in November (diff) and Seawolf35 a couple of weeks ago (diff). Unlike Chaotic Enby, Mr Boss’ comments offered little more than unnecessary pieces of commentary on the editors involved and often simply repeated what had been already stated by other editors.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:16 pm

yasslay wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:51 pm
greyed.out.fields wrote:
-snip-

if you can identify the non-admin who has recently posted more than 30 times to WP:AN/I. With this caveat: only if they have got a slippering on their talk page.
(long-term stalker)

Babysharkboss2 (T-C-L) has posted at ANI a lot over the past few months and received a bollocking from Tamzin in November (diff) and Seawolf35 a couple of weeks ago (diff). Unlike Chaotic Enby, Mr Boss’ comments offered little more than unnecessary pieces of commentary on the editors involved and often simply repeated what had been already stated by other editors.
:welcome:

yasslay
Contributor

Unread post by yasslay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:41 pm

rnu wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:16 pm
Thank you! :D

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:10 pm

Ron Lybonly wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:03 am
I've noticed Chaotic Enby (T-C-L) in several ANI threads where he's called out admins and unblockables for incivility.

There's currently a thread about Chris troutman (T-C-L)'s comments to a new editor. Chaotic Enby criticized troutman, incurring the ire of Drmies (T-C-L) and especially Lepricavark (T-C-L) who thrashed Chaotic Enby over Chaotic Enby's "civility campaign". link
Everyone knows civility is only for the good ol boy club to weaponize against their opponents and it's usually optional for admins. CE won't win this one.

pottedmeat
Contributor

Unread post by pottedmeat » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:27 pm

Chris troutman wrote:And this un-accomplished Wikipedian with less than three hundred edits complains that they've been bitten? Ludricrous.
Mellowed Fillmore wrote:You may think that your civility campaign is righteous, but eventually... the community will run out of patience and force you stop.
"Me and the e-gang/cabal don't have to be civil, especially to noobs. Now we's gonna e-beat youse into submission until you learns your place."
Arena Football Rooter wrote:...if we got rid of everyone who was rude from time to time, we wouldn't have enough people left to maintain our content. I realize this message will likely fall on deaf ears, but at least now you won't be able to say you weren't warned.
"Here's another excuse for me to ignore civility. I must protect the encyclopedia from this grave threat at all costs."
Drmies wrote:I looked at the stuff that Tracysear posted on Chris's talk page, and I would find it very, very difficult to keep my cool after trying to read that in good faith.
"I too can choose to ignore AGF and CIVIL at my sole discretion, admin expectations and (mis)conduct be damned."
Drmies wrote:Don't exaggerate, please.
"I'm Drmies, and I endorse the troutman and his incivility."
AutomaticStrikeout wrote:This isn't an RfA. Using someone's admin status against them like that is a weak move. Are you prepared to take up Chris troutman's work once you've run him off the site for occasional impoliteness?
"Admins only have to be on their bestest behaviour during RfA season. After that, it's IAR, all the time, but only for admins, and you aren't allowed to call them out on that. Don't forget that us entrenched editors are irreplaceable, unlike yourself, maggot."
Northern Antarctica wrote:Also, I'm aware that nobody has proposed sanctions yet, but I've seen enough of these threads to know which the wind is blowing.
"I'm still at the 10-yard line, but you're as good as gone so I'm gonna do my victory dance now."
Doug Weller wrote:Whatever, ChatGPTZero was 98% certain that the text I fed it was AI generated.
"Whatever, I do what I want. Respect my authoritah."

----------

Am I doing this right?

I edited for ~5 years under a static IP. Not a lot of edits (1700-odd) for that sort of duration, but I only edited at work during times when I would otherwise alternate between staring at a progress bar and the wall.

Before I started editing I gnomed and read the drama boards for their entertainment value, and in doing so picked up most of the common policies and things that trip up new editors. Once I got board-bored I shifted to improving articles in my area of interest, focusing on neglected articles and doing minor sentence rewrites, expanding sections, adding references - nothing major. Apparently the fact that I was an IP-editing untermensch whose edits were actually coherent, properly cited using sources that were WP:RS and :V, and had edit summaries was cause for great suspicion. I never was outright accused of being a sock, but every now and then I'd have someone get snippy and question my previous edit. A few times I'd revert an obvious vandal and get reverted and uw-vandalism'd, with no response when I questioned it and cited WP:BP (just to indicate I was aware of it). Fine, be accusatory and bitey, I can AGF like the civil editor I'm supposed to be and take the high road. It just wears you down just a little each time it happens.

I quit after a longtime editor decided I was a vandal after noticing I messed up some table formatting and reverted me. I always preview my edits before submitting, so I'm not sure what happened; regardless, I screwed up and didn't notice, I'll admit that much. I ignored the fact they rolled back all of my edits on that page, even though all except the last were accurate and correctly sourced/cited. Then they started going through my edit history and critiquing them in a manner that I don't believe any other reasonable person would (e.g. I reverted an edit that added excess detail, noted it as such in the edit summary, and they told me "sources aren't excess detail."). I AGF'd a few times and explained my edits but wrote them off once they replied with "OK? I didn't revert you."

I figured if an editor of well over a decade with a large edit count can be that obtuse, fail to AGF, and insist I'm a vandal, even though a cursory glance at previous messages indicating skepticism and my edit history would dispel that notion, then their behaviour must be de facto sanctioned by the community-at-large and/or the rules governing the project don't work due to their subjectiveness and uneven enforcement. I have no interest in being a part of a community that reminds me of middle- and high-school cliques. Sorry for bitching, I'm sure everyone here knows this stuff

Starship Enterprise

Unread post by Starship Enterprise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 pm

pottedmeat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:27 pm
I figured if an editor of well over a decade with a large edit count can be that obtuse, fail to AGF, and insist I'm a vandal, even though a cursory glance at previous messages indicating skepticism and my edit history would dispel that notion, then their behaviour must be de facto sanctioned by the community-at-large and/or the rules governing the project don't work due to their subjectiveness and uneven enforcement. I have no interest in being a part of a community that reminds me of middle- and high-school cliques. Sorry for bitching, I'm sure everyone here knows this stuff
but Mellowed Fillmore, Arena Football Rooter, AutomaticStrikeout, Northern Antarctica, and Lepricavark think incivility doesn't chase people away, it's the users that care about civility that chase people away

Lepricavark thinks you're not a real person

maybe Lepricavark doesn't have much going on upstairs

SerkaVerduchka
Contributor

Unread post by SerkaVerduchka » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:50 pm

Snow Rise (editor number two on the original post) has delivered an excoriating takedown in that thread. Nail on head.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:03 pm

Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 pm
[...]
but Mellowed Fillmore, Arena Football Rooter, AutomaticStrikeout, Northern Antarctica, and Lepricavark think incivility doesn't chase people away, it's the users that care about civility that chase people away
[...]
I think not believing that incivility chases people away is what differentiates psychopaths from sociopaths who realize it but don't care.

Starship Enterprise

Unread post by Starship Enterprise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:08 pm

when you are on the team that speaks out against civility:

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:12 pm

pottedmeat wrote:
Chris troutman wrote:And this un-accomplished Wikipedian with less than three hundred edits complains that they've been bitten? Ludricrous.
Mellowed Fillmore wrote:You may think that your civility campaign is righteous, but eventually... the community will run out of patience and force you stop.
"Me and the e-gang/cabal don't have to be civil, especially to noobs. Now we's gonna e-beat youse into submission until you learns your place."
Arena Football Rooter wrote:...if we got rid of everyone who was rude from time to time, we wouldn't have enough people left to maintain our content. I realize this message will likely fall on deaf ears, but at least now you won't be able to say you weren't warned.
"Here's another excuse for me to ignore civility. I must protect the encyclopedia from this grave threat at all costs."
Drmies wrote:I looked at the stuff that Tracysear posted on Chris's talk page, and I would find it very, very difficult to keep my cool after trying to read that in good faith.
"I too can choose to ignore AGF and CIVIL at my sole discretion, admin expectations and (mis)conduct be damned."
Drmies wrote:Don't exaggerate, please.
"I'm Drmies, and I endorse the troutman and his incivility."
AutomaticStrikeout wrote:This isn't an RfA. Using someone's admin status against them like that is a weak move. Are you prepared to take up Chris troutman's work once you've run him off the site for occasional impoliteness?
"Admins only have to be on their bestest behaviour during RfA season. After that, it's IAR, all the time, but only for admins, and you aren't allowed to call them out on that. Don't forget that us entrenched editors are irreplaceable, unlike yourself, maggot."
Northern Antarctica wrote:Also, I'm aware that nobody has proposed sanctions yet, but I've seen enough of these threads to know which the wind is blowing.
"I'm still at the 10-yard line, but you're as good as gone so I'm gonna do my victory dance now."
Doug Weller wrote:Whatever, ChatGPTZero was 98% certain that the text I fed it was AI generated.
"Whatever, I do what I want. Respect my authoritah."

----------

Am I doing this right?

I edited for ~5 years under a static IP. Not a lot of edits (1700-odd) for that sort of duration, but I only edited at work during times when I would otherwise alternate between staring at a progress bar and the wall.

Before I started editing I gnomed and read the drama boards for their entertainment value, and in doing so picked up most of the common policies and things that trip up new editors. Once I got board-bored I shifted to improving articles in my area of interest, focusing on neglected articles and doing minor sentence rewrites, expanding sections, adding references - nothing major. Apparently the fact that I was an IP-editing untermensch whose edits were actually coherent, properly cited using sources that were WP:RS and :V, and had edit summaries was cause for great suspicion. I never was outright accused of being a sock, but every now and then I'd have someone get snippy and question my previous edit. A few times I'd revert an obvious vandal and get reverted and uw-vandalism'd, with no response when I questioned it and cited WP:BP (just to indicate I was aware of it). Fine, be accusatory and bitey, I can AGF like the civil editor I'm supposed to be and take the high road. It just wears you down just a little each time it happens.

I quit after a longtime editor decided I was a vandal after noticing I messed up some table formatting and reverted me. I always preview my edits before submitting, so I'm not sure what happened; regardless, I screwed up and didn't notice, I'll admit that much. I ignored the fact they rolled back all of my edits on that page, even though all except the last were accurate and correctly sourced/cited. Then they started going through my edit history and critiquing them in a manner that I don't believe any other reasonable person would (e.g. I reverted an edit that added excess detail, noted it as such in the edit summary, and they told me "sources aren't excess detail."). I AGF'd a few times and explained my edits but wrote them off once they replied with "OK? I didn't revert you."

:applause:

FelinaLavandula
Regular

Unread post by FelinaLavandula » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:37 pm

jpxg wrote: I feel like the project benefits if I type out a cogent reply to this comment instead of just 'stfu' &c -- not just me and you, but everyone else who has to see the conversation or God forbid has to participate in it, everyone who looks through it in archives years down the line and thinks "Ah, I see, this is how editors are supposed to act", and the like. We must set an example not only for ourselves but for each other and for the future.
LEPRICAVARK wrote: The only thing I gathered from your comment is that you wanted to tell me to 'stfu'.
:facepalm:

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:52 pm

pottedmeat wrote:

Timbo's Rule 12. Most vandalism is caused by anonymous IP editors. The only reason IP editing is allowed at all is that it makes vandalism easier to spot. (Feb. 2012)

Timbo's Rule 13. Since such a high percentage of anonymous IP editors are vandals, they are all treated like shit. Trying to make serious edits to Wikipedia as an IP editor is like blindly blundering through the countryside on the first day of hunting season dressed like a moose. (Feb. 2012)

t

Starship Enterprise

Unread post by Starship Enterprise » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:16 pm

FelinaLavandula
Regular

Unread post by FelinaLavandula » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:53 am

LOL, LMAO, even

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: formerly Konveyor Belt

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:59 pm

For someone who supposedly doesn't care for civility he's sure acting like a whiny baby and claiming people are being mean to him.
Always improving...

greenday61892
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Greenday61892

Unread post by greenday61892 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:26 pm

Stop it, I'm blushing.

No but seriously, as someone who has been discouraged from editing by the incivility and peruses ANI from time to time in the naive hope that maybe it'll finally change, I'd finally gotten sick of the "please just let us do a little incivility to those we deem morons :crying: " crowd.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:46 pm

greenday61892 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:26 pm
Stop it, I'm blushing.

No but seriously, as someone who has been discouraged from editing by the incivility and peruses ANI from time to time in the naive hope that maybe it'll finally change, I'd finally gotten sick of the "please just let us do a little incivility to those we deem morons :crying: " crowd.