SamwiseGSix or not only AI hallucinates

rnu
Habitué
kołdry

SamwiseGSix or not only AI hallucinates

Unread post by rnu » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:42 pm

Wikipedia's resident religious fringe fighter tgeorgescu (T-C-L) has complained about SamwiseGSix (T-C-L)'s let's call it liberal approach to sourcing:
This is about making stuff up. See [12]. Seen Talk:Anthroposophy, wherein others made the same point (look for posts of 1 November 2023), I came to believe that most citations by SamwiseGSix are phony. Meaning the WP:RS fail to WP:V the claims they're WP:CITED for. SamwiseGSix cited a bunch of sources, putting his own opinions in their mouth. He might not understand what we mean by WP:V, but that's not a reason for allowing his citations to stay in the article.

Herbermann, Charles George (2015-10-02). The Catholic Encyclopedia. Arkose Press. ISBN 978-1-343-86075-9. is an 80-pages booklet. It is not a 16-volumes encyclopedia. So, it does not have a volume 13, nor a volume 14. tgeorgescu (talk) 13:56, 10 January 2024 (UTC)
SamwiseGSix' explanation for the Herbermann "quote":
Hello Fiveby - while I had found a source online several months ago referencing the Christian Community being mentioned in the Catholic Encyclopedia, I should have bought or further sought an original Encyclopedia copy to fully verify this specific edit, and I do apologize if I incorrectly cited this specific reference.
[...]
SamwiseGSix (talk) 17:23, 11 January 2024 (UTC)
BTW, The Christian Community (T-H-L) was founded in 1922, the Catholic Encyclopedia (T-H-L) was published 1907-1912 (plus an index volume 1914) and Charles George Herbermann (T-H-L) died in 1916. Oh, and no need to buy the Catholic Encyclopedia, the full text is available online on multiple platforms including wikisource.
SamwiseGSix seems to be engaged in whitewashing Anthroposophy (T-H-L) in general and Rudolf Steiner (T-H-L)'s racism in particular.

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... hroposophy
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... WP:V_means
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)