RfC on sexual violence in lead section in Israel-Hamas war

Zoll
Regular
kołdry

RfC on sexual violence in lead section in Israel-Hamas war

Unread post by Zoll » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:51 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:2023 ... ad_section

JDiala (T-C-L) has added an interesting !Vote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:2023_Israel%E2%80%93Hamas_war&diff=prev&oldid=1192168943 wrote:Option C It should absolutely not be discussed in the lead. The Zionist state has demonstrably produced false atrocity propaganda regarding the October 7th resistance operation, like the 40 beheaded babies lie, which incidentally the uncritical Western media has parroted. We thus have reasonable suspicion that these sexual assault allegations are likewise fabricated. The lack of forensic evidence (e.g., semen) or pregnant Israeli women is also eyebrow-raising. I understand that Wikipedia does regard Western media as WP:RS, which I accept and do not contest, so it is reasonable to include the sexual violence claims somewhere in the article. However, I think it is fair for us to exclude it from the lead, given the very real reservations regarding this. JDiala (talk) 00:28, 28 December 2023 (UTC)
Sexual Violence has been confirmed by the New York Times
In cases of widespread sexual violence during a war, it is not unusual to have limited forensic evidence, experts said.
They also said most of the cases will never be discovered because of Jewish Religious Laws, which buried people as quickly as possible. They also said that 30 women were found near the ave site and 2 kibbutzim, with clothes torn, legs open, and signs of sexual abuse.

The BBC has also seen evidence of rape, so has NBC, even the Intercept has confirmed sexual crimes. This is not "I choose option A" or "B", rather just addressing Jdiala's denial.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1192169617

Damn, he's already been warned by Andervan for incivility, and was on a 1-week long 1RR for edit warring on I/P articles. Add Jdiala to the list of possible SFR Tban receivers.

Elinruby
Habitué

Re: RfC on sexual violence in lead section in Israel-Hamas war

Unread post by Elinruby » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:59 pm

Zoll wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:51 pm

Damn, he's already been warned by Andervan for incivility, and was on a 1-week long 1RR for edit warring on I/P articles. Add Jdiala to the list of possible SFR Tban receivers.
Wait, the guy who called me a dumb motherfucker who can't read and a dishonest motherfucker who was putting words in his mouth is handing out warnings for incivility?

I realize these are different domains; just appreciating the hypocrisy

Elinruby
Habitué

Re: RfC on sexual violence in lead section in Israel-Hamas war

Unread post by Elinruby » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Elinruby wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:59 pm
I realize these are different domains; just appreciating the hypocrisy
for the record I had an iinteraction with Andre at RSN earlier that was close to cordial. All is well there except for the crick in my neck from tracking the mood swings I guess. Of course, as Jake said, we were agreeing, so that may be all that was, Just thought I would mention that pleasant surprise though
Last edited by Zoloft on Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tag