Unread post by andre » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:48 am

nableezy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:08 am
andre wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:00 am
no, nableezy. NBC news article came out Dec 6
which was posted by user:andrevan on wiki

you claimed there were no videos, no photos, and no documentary evidence
Over the last several weeks, NBC News has reviewed five interrogations of captured Hamas fighters, an Arabic-language document that instructed Hamas how to pronounce “Take off your pants” in Hebrew, six images of naked or partially naked deceased female bodies, seven eyewitness accounts of sexual violence including both rape and mutilation, 11 testimonies of first responders, and two accounts from workers in morgues who handled the bodies of women after they were recovered from the massacre.
I said there was no video proving rape. There was none. Now there is. Funny how time works.
Nableezy, on Dec 5 the BBC wrote Videos of naked and bloodied women filmed by Hamas on the day of the attack, and photographs of bodies taken at the sites afterwards, suggest that women were sexually targeted by their attackers.

so did andrevan make shit up or he overstated the aspects of which said video was multiply confirmed? glad you agree it is now, that's new. but the video, obviously existed since it was made. it was just confirmed by NYT now, but BBC reported it Dec 5.

you accused andrevan of lying and doubled down on it now.

MrErnie
Habitué

Re: ScottishFinnishRadish goes on a Tban rampage

Unread post by MrErnie » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:00 am

The second video I saw when I woke up on Oct 7 was the girl with the bloody sweatpants being loaded into the jeep. The 3rd was the naked girl with the broken legs in the bed of the pickup being spat on in Gaza. How can you claim there is no photo or video evidence when they’ve been displayed since the minute it happened? Did she sit on a thumb tack? Did she fall down stairs?

nableezy
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: nableezy

Unread post by nableezy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:07 am

andre wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:48 am
Nableezy, on Dec 5 the BBC wrote Videos of naked and bloodied women filmed by Hamas on the day of the attack, and photographs of bodies taken at the sites afterwards, suggest that women were sexually targeted by their attackers.

so did andrevan make shit up or he overstated the aspects of which said video was multiply confirmed? glad you agree it is now, that's new. but the video, obviously existed since it was made. it was just confirmed by NYT now, but BBC reported it Dec 5.

you accused andrevan of lying and doubled down on it now.
Do you really not know the difference between “suggests” and “proves”? Cus I could have sworn you did

FelinaLavandula
Regular
Nom de plume: Arugula

Unread post by FelinaLavandula » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:39 am

:offtopic:

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:23 am

MrErnie wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:22 am
nableezy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:48 am
Andre do you have any idea how dishonest it is to use a quote from before that story? You were making shit up.

Jake, I never got to reply to the white man who pretended to be black so he could call people, including me, the n word hard r then claim it was ok because he was black. But id appreciate an allowance to be used once on such a person. Lmk
Where did Tarc do this? This is pretty gross. Tarc - wtf?
I think this is being overblown.

He had Allen West's face as his avatar for a while.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

owl be it
Regular
Actual Name: 12345
Nom de plume: 4

Unread post by owl be it » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:34 am

nableezy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:48 am
Andre do you have any idea how dishonest it is to use a quote from before that story? You were making shit up.

Jake, I never got to reply to the white man who pretended to be black so he could call people, including me, the n word hard r then claim it was ok because he was black. But id appreciate an allowance to be used once on such a person. Lmk
What is a "hard r"?
The artist formerly known as Yeet Bae...

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:49 am

owl be it wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:34 am
What is a "hard r"?
I'm going to assume that you really don't know, so... he's being literal there; there are two versions of the "n word," one that ends with an "r" and one that ends with "a," and my guess is that he's accepting the distinction that arguably makes it OK for white people to use the "a" version because they're quoting rap lyrics or whatever.

Zoll
Regular

Unread post by Zoll » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:22 am

FelinaLavandula wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:39 am
:offtopic:
Let the drama flow

We all need entertainment

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:07 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:49 am
owl be it wrote:
What is a "hard r"?
I'm going to assume that you really don't know, so... he's being literal there; there are two versions of the "n word," one that ends with an "r" and one that ends with "a," and my guess is that he's accepting the distinction that arguably makes it OK for white people to use the "a" version because they're quoting rap lyrics or whatever.
I don’t, but I do accept the distinction that using the most purposefully racist version makes you in fact purposefully racist and a piece of shit. For the record I have no issue removing all these posts if you also remove the racist pretend tough guys comment as well. Really have no clue how yall think having such a piece of shit who does things like pretends to be black and then call people the n word as a member here reflects well on this website but you do you.

I also appreciate the allowance even if vig was right about it not helping myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 pm

nableezy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:07 pm
Midsize Jake wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:49 am
owl be it wrote:
What is a "hard r"?
I don’t, but I do accept the distinction that using the most purposefully racist version makes you in fact purposefully racist and a piece of shit. For the record I have no issue removing all these posts if you also remove the racist pretend tough guys comment as well. Really have no clue how yall think having such a piece of shit who does things like pretends to be black and then call people the n word as a member here reflects well on this website but you do you.

I also appreciate the allowance even if vig was right about it not helping myself.
We all see things through partially obscured lenses.

I think you're a net positive here and would like to read more of your calmer posts.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:30 pm

nableezy wrote:
Really have no clue how yall think having such a piece of shit who does things like pretends to be black and then call people the n word as a member here reflects well on this website but you do you.
Well, he did apologize, and I think we might have banned him for two years, give or take? Also, it happened ten years ago, and he hasn't been so bad since then. I think we all agree that such things are ban-worthy, but it's not quite like Nazism or pedophilia — which is to say, it doesn't seem completely unreasonable for someone who shows contrition to get a second chance.

I could always be wrong, of course.

GizzyCatBella
Critic
Wikipedia User: GizzyCatBella

Unread post by GizzyCatBella » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:56 am

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:36 am

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:43 am

Personally think that if that hadn’t been proposed there was better than even odds of being overturned entirely, but once it was posted all the admins were going to agree to that anyway. And the thing that made me want to appeal in the first place was the no carve out for the Davidbena mentorship so whatever, all good. And truth be told, if SFR hadn’t warned me on the 25th his topic ban on the 26th would have basically been unappealable. I have been an asshole to people and that’s enough reason to topic ban somebody.

charliemouse
Critic

Unread post by charliemouse » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:42 pm

I don't know about being overturned in its entirety but definitely it would have been shortened.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:27 am

nableezy wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:43 am
Personally think that if that hadn’t been proposed there was better than even odds of being overturned entirely, but once it was posted all the admins were going to agree to that anyway. And the thing that made me want to appeal in the first place was the no carve out for the Davidbena mentorship so whatever, all good. And truth be told, if SFR hadn’t warned me on the 25th his topic ban on the 26th would have basically been unappealable. I have been an asshole to people and that’s enough reason to topic ban somebody.
There was certainly a decent chance for it to be overturned and I think at least shortening was highly likely even before SFR made the proposal. Still, from a tactical point you approached this the wrong way. If you had shown (fake) contrition from the start I am almost certain that it had been lifted entirely. But there is something to be said to standing on principle and not playing the game.

Dovidroth (T-C-L) is now also appealing.
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

Tarc
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Tarc

Unread post by Tarc » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:30 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:30 pm
You aren't wrong but off the top of my head I really do not readily recall what he's whining about. And given his current state of Hamas support, I really don't care. I mean, who keeps track of decades-old internet beefs besides this guy and TDA. I only pop in here every few months or so just for old time sake, not to pick up ancient arguments from where they left of.

If Mr. Brandt and I can reach a détente, then I think everyone else can too, honestly.

Anyways, the point raised was to note the shift in power dynamic over the years at the Wikipedia, that is all. I used to be on the pro-Palestine, anti-Israel side, as the Wiki-editing history will plainly show. But that was being young, stupid and in one's 20s when one believes in those sorts of things....kind of like the antisemitic dorks one sees on college campuses at present.

I evolved as I aged, and now quite plainly see the the Israel side of things. I have a good Israeli friend that was not terribly far from the events of Oct 7th.

If my ol' buddy Zeq was ever lurking around in any form, I'd offer to buy him a beer and we can talk about some of the things.
Last edited by Tarc on Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door."

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:21 am

rnu wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:27 am
There was certainly a decent chance for it to be overturned and I think at least shortening was highly likely even before SFR made the proposal. Still, from a tactical point you approached this the wrong way. If you had shown (fake) contrition from the start I am almost certain that it had been lifted entirely. But there is something to be said to standing on principle and not playing the game.

Well, you yourself say there was a decent chance of overturning it, so why was it the wrong choice? But while I agree that if youre approaching this from a game theory perspective that the best move is basically showing understanding of the cause and expressing contrition, I dont really think thats the only option, if you can convince people of the merits of your view that the ban is unjustified that also works, riskier but it works.But besides all that I dont really do fake (contrition, or skin tone, or tough guy persona as the case may be). If Im wrong Ill say I was wrong, but I wasnt wrong here, and I dont care enough to sacrifice my own self-respect to pretend to a bunch of strangers on the internet. If you look back at my history of blocks and bans, and that history should make clear I'm not and never have been unblockable (I wont use the casually racist term that some casual racist, guess who, used), Ive expressed contrition for one AE report I think. I was being an asshole to somebody, they got fed up and I was like yep they right, I should and will chill out but a block or ban is fair here. But any appeal Ive made has been on the merits, that the ban was poorly substantiated or unfair or just bullshit. Some have worked out, some have not, but they have been honest and thats more important to me than avoiding some sanction.

But yeah, the correct move in appealing a sanction is acknowledging fault, expressing contrition and a commitment to not repeat the error. Trust me, I know the game, I just dont have the will to play it. Rather make my argument and let the chips fall where they may.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:28 am

nableezy wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:21 am
rnu wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:27 am

Well, you yourself say there was a decent chance of overturning it, so why was it the wrong choice? But while I agree that if youre approaching this from a game theory perspective that the best move is basically showing understanding of the cause and expressing contrition, I dont really think thats the only option, if you can convince people of the merits of your view that the ban is unjustified that also works, riskier but it works.But besides all that I dont really do fake (contrition, or skin tone, or tough guy persona as the case may be). If Im wrong Ill say I was wrong, but I wasnt wrong here, and I dont care enough to sacrifice my own self-respect to pretend to a bunch of strangers on the internet. If you look back at my history of blocks and bans, and that history should make clear I'm not and never have been unblockable (I wont use the casually racist term that some casual racist, guess who, used), Ive expressed contrition for one AE report I think. I was being an asshole to somebody, they got fed up and I was like yep they right, I should and will chill out but a block or ban is fair here. But any appeal Ive made has been on the merits, that the ban was poorly substantiated or unfair or just bullshit. Some have worked out, some have not, but they have been honest and thats more important to me than avoiding some sanction.

But yeah, the correct move in appealing a sanction is acknowledging fault, expressing contrition and a commitment to not repeat the error. Trust me, I know the game, I just dont have the will to play it. Rather make my argument and let the chips fall where they may.
The first admin responses showed an openness to the appeal while expressing the wish that you would acknowledge the issue. I think that a purely tactical appeal could have turned that into straight support for lifting the sanction. But I get it, playing the game isn't exactly my cup of tea either. Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus (T-H-L).
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:20 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
nableezy wrote:
Really have no clue how yall think having such a piece of shit who does things like pretends to be black and then call people the n word as a member here reflects well on this website but you do you.
Well, he did apologize, and I think we might have banned him for two years, give or take? Also, it happened ten years ago, and he hasn't been so bad since then. I think we all agree that such things are ban-worthy, but it's not quite like Nazism or pedophilia — which is to say, it doesn't seem completely unreasonable for someone who shows contrition to get a second chance.

Thanks Black Kite!

08:59, 2 January 2024 Black Kite talk contribs deleted page User:Tarc (U1: User request to delete page in own userspace – to retrieve it, see WP:REFUND)

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:48 am

tarantino wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:20 am

Thanks Black Kite!

08:59, 2 January 2024 Black Kite talk contribs deleted page User:Tarc (U1: User request to delete page in own userspace – to retrieve it, see WP:REFUND)
Too bad the internet is written in ink. For anybody who thinks my memory is faulty, they are welcome to search for the n-word here.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:36 am

nableezy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:48 am
tarantino wrote:

Thanks Black Kite!

Too bad the internet is written in ink. For anybody who thinks my memory is faulty, they are welcome to search for the n-word here.
Tarc fessed up and moved on many years ago. It's up to you if you want to continue to hold a grudge, but please consider doing it somewhere else.

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:09 am

tarantino wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:36 am
Tarc fessed up and moved on many years ago. It's up to you if you want to continue to hold a grudge, but please consider doing it somewhere else.
Moving on is always easy for the bigot, putting it in the past isnt really an issue for them. But as far as your request, sure.

Hemiauchenia
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Hemiauchenia

Unread post by Hemiauchenia » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:14 am

nableezy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:09 am
tarantino wrote:
Moving on is always easy for the bigot, putting it in the past isnt really an issue for them. But as far as your request, sure.
I agree with Nableezy. I probably wouldn't so easily forgive and forget either if I was a person of colour and called that word.

jf1970
Muted

Unread post by jf1970 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:19 am

Hemiauchenia wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:14 am
nableezy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:09 am
tarantino wrote:
I agree with Nableezy. I probably wouldn't so easily forgive and forget either if I was a person of colour and called that word.
Yeah like the South totally fessed up and moved on many years ago, it's up to you if you want to continue to hold a grudge about Confederate flags and monuments...

Anyway, Tarc didn't really move on:
Tarc wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 pm
SFR tried to nip a problematic Untouchable, and is about to get reversed at ArbEnforcement it appears.
But that was four whole days ago, no doubt Tarc has now moved on and so can we, because nobody called us the n-word or "Untouchable," which I'm sure was in no way a reference to Dalits.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:23 am

jf1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:19 am
Anyway, Tarc didn't really move on:
Tarc wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 pm
SFR tried to nip a problematic Untouchable, and is about to get reversed at ArbEnforcement it appears.
But that was four whole days ago, no doubt Tarc has now moved on and so can we, because nobody called us the n-word or "Untouchable," which I'm sure was in no way a reference to Dalits.
Yes. It seems that Tarc came back here to have a go at Nableezy. Just because he isn't using the n-word at the moment doesn't mean that we can assume that he hasn't got the same racist attitude he had back then. Otherwise why has he resumed his attack on Nableezy?

Ryuichi
Gregarious

Unread post by Ryuichi » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:40 am

eppur si muove wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:23 am
Otherwise why has he resumed his attack on Nableezy?
Personal animus?

owl be it
Regular
Actual Name: 12345
Nom de plume: 4

Unread post by owl be it » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:58 am

tarantino wrote:
nableezy wrote:
tarantino wrote:

Thanks Black Kite!

Tarc wrote:
(And as my racial makeup is best described as "Oreo", I get to say that.)
What is an "Oreo"?
The artist formerly known as Yeet Bae...

JarrBarr
Critic

Unread post by JarrBarr » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:27 am

owl be it wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:58 am
tarantino wrote:
nableezy wrote:
tarantino wrote:

Thanks Black Kite!

Tarc wrote:
(And as my racial makeup is best described as "Oreo", I get to say that.)
What is an "Oreo"?
I guess it's the second, fourth and fifth definition from here. See also Wiktionary

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:32 pm

owl be it wrote:
What is an "Oreo"?
There are a number of things, mainly foodstuffs, which are dark on the outside and white on the inside (Oreos, coconuts, Bounty bars) with which Black people who have internalised White values are compared. Like Uncle Tom, these comparisons were first used by Black activists to describe other Black people who did not support the struggle against oppression and they have since been used also by white people who think they can decide what values Black people should have. Definitely racist when used by a white person such as Tarc.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:34 pm

Ryuichi wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:40 am
eppur si muove wrote:
Personal animus?
And the animus probably is heavily influenced by the repercussions of having used the n-word against Nableezy. I see no genuine repentance from Tarc if he is going after the same target.

jf1970
Muted

Unread post by jf1970 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:26 pm

eppur si muove wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:34 pm
Ryuichi wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:40 am
eppur si muove wrote:
Personal animus?
And the animus probably is heavily influenced by the repercussions of having used the n-word against Nableezy. I see no genuine repentance from Tarc if he is going after the same target.
Worse, he pretended he didn't remember it, and then Pi, Vig, Jake and Tarantino all defended him and Tino suggested the person of color, who was called the n-word and Untouchable by someone who once pretended to be Black, should move on.

WPO kicking off 2024!

It's not personal animus, just run of the mill casual racism.

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:33 pm

jf1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:26 pm
Worse, he pretended he didn't remember it, and then Pi, Vig, Jake and Tarantino all defended him and Tino suggested the person of color, who was called the n-word and Untouchable by someone who once pretended to be Black, should move on.

WPO kicking off 2024!
Don’t think Jake or Tarantino did any such thing, Jake has been quite lenient in allowing me to speak my mind here, and Tarantino is just trying to keep this forum functioning. Vig downplayed it slightly but no hard feelings. I’m done talking about Tarc, but for the record he has never apologized to me anywhere, and he has continued, over years, running his mouth about me. Can search this forum for nableezy for other examples. But I think by this point his trustworthiness and character have been sufficiently established so as not to need further comment, at least by me, so I will abide by Tarantino's request that my grudge be held elsewhere.

jf1970
Muted

Unread post by jf1970 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:55 pm

nableezy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:33 pm
jf1970 wrote:

WPO kicking off 2024!
Don’t think Jake or Tarantino did any such thing,
Jake has been quite lenient in allowing me to speak my mind here, and Tarantino is just trying to keep this forum functioning. Vig downplayed it slightly but no hard feelings.
I think they did.
orangepi wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:11 am
Do you do anything other than jump to personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with you?
Vigilant wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:15 am
You're not helping yourself here.
Vigilant wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:23 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 pm
nableezy wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:
Well, he did apologize, and I think we might have banned him for two years, give or take? Also, it happened ten years ago, and he hasn't been so bad since then.
Tarc wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:30 am
off the top of my head I really do not readily recall what he's whining about. And given his current state of Hamas support, I really don't care. I mean, who keeps track of decades-old internet beefs besides this guy and TDA. I only pop in here every few months or so just for old time sake, not to pick up ancient arguments from where they left of.
He literally popped in here to pick up ancient arguments where they left off.
tarantino wrote:
These responses were ugly, defending them is Stockholm syndromey, and defending people who defended someone who attacked you is too meta, thinking about it gives me a headache. But even if you think these responses were cool, I don't.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:10 pm

jf1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:55 pm
nableezy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:33 pm
jf1970 wrote:

WPO kicking off 2024!
Don’t think Jake or Tarantino did any such thing,
Jake has been quite lenient in allowing me to speak my mind here, and Tarantino is just trying to keep this forum functioning. Vig downplayed it slightly but no hard feelings.
I think they did.
orangepi wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:11 am
Do you do anything other than jump to personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with you?
Vigilant wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:15 am
You're not helping yourself here.
Vigilant wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:23 am

Vigilant wrote:
nableezy wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:
Well, he did apologize, and I think we might have banned him for two years, give or take? Also, it happened ten years ago, and he hasn't been so bad since then.
Tarc wrote:
off the top of my head I really do not readily recall what he's whining about. And given his current state of Hamas support, I really don't care. I mean, who keeps track of decades-old internet beefs besides this guy and TDA. I only pop in here every few months or so just for old time sake, not to pick up ancient arguments from where they left of.
He literally popped in here to pick up ancient arguments where they left off.
tarantino wrote:
These responses were ugly, defending them is Stockholm syndromey, and defending people who defended someone who attacked you is too meta, thinking about it gives me a headache. But even if you think these responses were cool, I don't.
Dude. Fuck you.

It had been years since I even thought about this shit.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:17 pm

eppur si muove wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:32 pm
owl be it wrote:
What is an "Oreo"?
There are a number of things, mainly foodstuffs, which are dark on the outside and white on the inside (Oreos, coconuts, Bounty bars) with which Black people who have internalised White values are compared. Like Uncle Tom, these comparisons were first used by Black activists to describe other Black people who did not support the struggle against oppression and they have since been used also by white people who think they can decide what values Black people should have. Definitely racist when used by a white person such as Tarc.
On a possibly related tangent, a "radish" is an old Soviet-era term for one who is red (communist) on the outside and white (capitalist) on the inside. No idea if this is the intended reading of "Scottish-Finnish Radish," but that's actually the way I have always read it, honestly.

t
Last edited by Randy from Boise on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nableezy
Gregarious

Unread post by nableezy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:20 pm

jf1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:55 pm
Vigilant wrote:
nableezy wrote:
This is out of context, Vig was responding to my saying "even if Vig was right about it not helping myself", and he said that he appreciates my less wound up views here. The other two were the downplaying slightly, and whatever on that.
Midsize Jake wrote:
As somebody who has interacted with Jake for over a decade across multiple websites, I am very confident in both his disapproval of what happened and in his trying to moderate a forum as best he can, and I dont think this was anything at all.
tarantino wrote:
Same as Jake.
Well, ok I guess, you can feel how you feel, but I was there and my not attributing malice to people that I dont think have ever really shown me any reason to do so isnt Stockholm syndromey, its just my view based on my experiences with all these people. But I understand that people who dont have that interpersonal history with each of the people involved may see it differently.

Elinruby
Habitué

Unread post by Elinruby » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:36 pm

How do I unsubscribe to this thread?

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:50 pm

Tarc wrote:
You aren't wrong but off the top of my head I really do not readily recall what he's whining about.
I don't think anyone believes that. It would be nice if everyone could move on from this and leave it in the past but this is not the way to do it.

utbc
Critic

Unread post by utbc » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 pm

Elinruby wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:36 pm
How do I unsubscribe to this thread?
Yeah, time to lock please. This is always on top, and never has anything that the uninvolved may benefit from reading.