Jonathon/Jessica Yaniv

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Jonathon/Jessica Yaniv

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Jessica_Yaniv_genital_waxing_case (T-H-L)

Ashley is fighting hard to 'win' and violate every wikipedia rule on the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Jess ... s_in_place

The farms have a whole subforum on this weirdo.
https://kiwifarms.net/forums/jonathan-yaniv.99/
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

mendaliv
Habitué
Wikipedia User: mendaliv

Re: Jonathon/Jessica Yaniv

Unread post by mendaliv » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:03 pm

Arrested for possessing illegal weapons. Yikes.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:59 am

FAQ
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/jonathan- ... faq.58763/

While the farms are harsh, they are rarely inaccurate.
On 22 December 2018, a KF user uploaded an audio recording of Yaniv now saying the screenshots were his, but were taken out of context as he as a new transwoman was just trying to "fit in." Yaniv DMCAed it within minutes of its creation. On 25 December 2018, Yaniv emailed @Null, owner of KiwiFarms and demanded all screenshots with his name or identifying info be immediately redacted from KF. Null refused.

On Approximately 15 January 2019, Wikipedia permanently deleted any edits referring to Jonathan or Jessica's name and forbade it to be mentioned, citing the publication ban.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:19 am

Vigilant wrote:While the farms are harsh, they are rarely inaccurate.
I have two words for you: Jace Connors.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:34 am

mendaliv wrote:
Bolded for easy comprehension.

Also, why are you trying to give Ashley an out?
Meh: I think Fae has been a bit of a bully, but I don't think it merits this particular sanction. I'm not sure any sanction is really necessary at this point. I'm more willing to let the discussion in this thread serve as notice that there are genuine concerns with Fae's behavior that are not mere posturing in the midst of an ongoing content dispute. —/Mendaliv/2¢/Δ's/ 10:39, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
This is his MO.
This little dance has played out a hundred times with him.

He's been forced to resign from the WMUK chair and then from the board as a whole.
He's been defrocked.
He's been TBANned.
He's been IBANned.
He's been indef'd.

All for very similar gamesmanship.
This is just the latest cycle.

Why let him wiggle out ... again?

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 am

Mostly I just don't see Fae getting indeffed or tbanned on this ANI thread. The OP was kind of flimsy and there's been enough bickering that I don't see a ban discussion attracting wide enough participation to end any way but "no consensus". In my experience, the ANI OP pretty much has to make the proposal and the case for the proposal in one or two paragraphs to get a sure outcome, and that's what I'd like to see rather than a weeks-long fistfight that'll end with Fae retreating to Commons and a bunch of people saying it's moot now that we've driven away a productive editor.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:10 pm

mendaliv wrote:Mostly I just don't see Fae getting indeffed or tbanned on this ANI thread. The OP was kind of flimsy and there's been enough bickering that I don't see a ban discussion attracting wide enough participation to end any way but "no consensus". In my experience, the ANI OP pretty much has to make the proposal and the case for the proposal in one or two paragraphs to get a sure outcome, and that's what I'd like to see rather than a weeks-long fistfight that'll end with Fae retreating to Commons and a bunch of people saying it's moot now that we've driven away a productive editor.
While I understand where you're coming from, all you're doing is emboldening him for another attempt.
Peace in our time and all that.

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Vigilant wrote:
mendaliv wrote:
Bolded for easy comprehension.

Also, why are you trying to give Ashley an out?
Meh: I think Fae has been a bit of a bully, but I don't think it merits this particular sanction. I'm not sure any sanction is really necessary at this point. I'm more willing to let the discussion in this thread serve as notice that there are genuine concerns with Fae's behavior that are not mere posturing in the midst of an ongoing content dispute. —/Mendaliv/2¢/Δ's/ 10:39, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
This is his MO.
This little dance has played out a hundred times with him.

He's been forced to resign from the WMUK chair and then from the board as a whole.
He's been defrocked.
He's been TBANned.
He's been IBANned.
He's been indef'd.

All for very similar gamesmanship.
This is just the latest cycle.

Why let him wiggle out ... again?
Got to. It’s America, man.
McNulty: Let me understand. Every Friday night, you and your boys are shootin crap, right? And every Friday night, your pal Snot Boogie… he’d wait till there’s cash on the ground and he’d grab it and run away? You let him do that?
Kid: We’d catch him and beat his ass but ain’t nobody ever go past that.
McNulty: I’ve gotta ask you: if every time Snot Boogie would grab the money and run away… why’d you even let him in the game?
Kid: What?
McNulty: Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
Kid: Got to. It’s America, man.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Moral Hazard wrote: Got to. It’s America, man.
McNulty: Let me understand. Every Friday night, you and your boys are shootin crap, right? And every Friday night, your pal Snot Boogie… he’d wait till there’s cash on the ground and he’d grab it and run away? You let him do that?
McNulty: I’ve gotta ask you: if every time Snot Boogie would grab the money and run away… why’d you even let him in the game?
McNulty: Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
I just watched that episode last night as I started to rewatch The Wire.

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Like the copy-machine lie-detector from The Wire and the tv-series Homicide: Life on the Killing Streets, the story of Snot Boogie is from David Simon's book, Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets.
https://books.google.se/books?id=xcdZla ... ie&f=false

Every time I read a discussion of the WMF strategies and their benchmarks, I think of "juking the statistics" from The Wire.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Ashley tacitly acknowledging he's due for a Topic Ban
16:14, 8 August 2019 diff hist +5‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: mark apparent edit conflict based on timestamps
16:13, 8 August 2019 diff hist +614‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: last para
16:05, 8 August 2019 diff hist +2‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: format
15:59, 8 August 2019 diff hist +779‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: add
15:52, 8 August 2019 diff hist +17‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: repair run-on sentence which was confusing the meaning
15:45, 8 August 2019 diff hist +327‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: clarify
15:41, 8 August 2019 diff hist +251‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: add Tag: PHP7
15:38, 8 August 2019 diff hist +967‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: c
15:23, 8 August 2019 diff hist +689‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: info
13:30, 8 August 2019 diff hist +72‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: usefully add BRD
13:28, 8 August 2019 diff hist +805‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: add
13:19, 8 August 2019 diff hist +427‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: c
13:01, 8 August 2019 diff hist +352‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: r
09:54, 8 August 2019 diff hist +335‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: c
09:44, 8 August 2019 diff hist -12‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: make more plain English
09:39, 8 August 2019 diff hist +272‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: clarify
09:31, 8 August 2019 diff hist +2,371‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Proposal: Bullying warning: c
00:58, 8 August 2019 diff hist +100‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: c
00:55, 8 August 2019 diff hist +829‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: c
00:29, 8 August 2019 diff hist +1,053‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: c
00:12, 8 August 2019 diff hist +927‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: c
23:58, 7 August 2019 diff hist +733‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: c
23:48, 7 August 2019 diff hist +646‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: r
22:58, 7 August 2019 diff hist 0‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ: typo
22:57, 7 August 2019 diff hist +1,543‎ Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents ‎ →‎Disruptive Editing by User:Fæ:c
When you spend that much time on AN/I and nowhere else, it's pretty clear you know you dun goofed.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:35 pm

11/3/1 For/against/whocares

It appears that Mr van Haeftan is headed for the dreary lanes of gender/sexuality topic bandom.
While his angst and fury must be unbounded, it's the only remedy that satisfies propriety.

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 am

Vigilant wrote:11/3/1 For/against/whocares

It appears that Mr van Haeftan is headed for the dreary lanes of gender/sexuality topic bandom.
While his angst and fury must be unbounded, it's the only remedy that satisfies propriety.
And here come the socks to taunt him. What happens when someone drops an F bomb his way? Surely they will be indeffed, but Fae will have a shitfit and rail on about homophobia. Who would dare enforce the ban?

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:37 am

Vigilant wrote:
I imagined you would more of a Deadwood fan, being the cocksucker you are.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:40 am

Earthy Astringent wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
I love them both.
Depends on which mood takes me.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:42 am

Vigilant wrote:
Earthy Astringent wrote:I imagined you would more of a Deadwood fan, being the cocksucker you are.
I love them both.
Both meaning both things Earthy Astringent mentions in that post?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:45 am

mendaliv wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Earthy Astringent wrote:I imagined you would more of a Deadwood fan, being the cocksucker you are.
I love them both.
Sweetie, try not to seem so interested.
It makes you look desperate.

Both TV shows, you perv.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:56 am

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:06 am

This is why we can't have mice things.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:07 am

Zoloft wrote:This is why we can't have mice things.
*rat

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:10 am

mendaliv wrote:
*rat
Of course it's a rat. We can't *have* mice things.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:16 am

Who's w?

Ultrasonic rat giggles
Last edited by Zoloft on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I am a sloppy typist -Z

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:13 am

proudly reposting kiwifarms feels like a new low here, christ

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:07 am

Earthy Astringent wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Just don't call him a tit-licker.
E. B. Barnum wrote:I begrudge that pervert his capacity for happiness. I do.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 am

It may well help people who are trying to build an encyclopaedia.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Dysklyver
Cornishman
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Unread post by Dysklyver » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:29 am

Poetlister wrote:

It may well help people who are trying to build an encyclopaedia.
It may certainly reduce drama. :blink:
Globally banned after 7 years.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Dysklyver wrote:It may certainly reduce drama. :blink:
:noooo: You must not reduce Drama God!

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Vigilant wrote:
mendaliv wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
I love them both.
Sweetie, try not to seem so interested.
It makes you look desperate.

Both TV shows, you perv.
Vig, please tell me you’re from the Bay Area. Cos Mr. Wu has a few words to say.

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Dysklyver wrote:It may certainly reduce drama. :blink:
:noooo: You must not reduce Drama God!
:like:

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:21 pm

Maybe Fae can take up alien abductions as his new cause?
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Moral Hazard wrote:Maybe Fae can take up alien abductions as his new cause?
Maybe the aliens could take them to live on Uranus. :B'

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 pm

bleached?
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Maybe he can be abducted by aliens. That could give him ample opportunity for interesting photos for Commons. :D
Last edited by Poetlister on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katie
Gregarious

Unread post by Katie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Maybe he can be abducted by aliens. That could give him ample opportunity for interesting pgotos for Commons. :D
I can imagine the aliens keeping him on their planet to study the psychology of people like Fae. I can also imagine Fae uploading photos of the aliens he sees on the planet and having his account blocked as compromised.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Katie wrote:I can imagine the aliens keeping him on their planet to study the psychology of people like Fae. I can also imagine Fae uploading photos of the aliens he sees on the planet and having his account blocked as compromised.
:like: :rotfl:

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Shit's getting sideways, yo!

Yaniv is making live death threats on the Farms against one of his neighbors.
The Farms have his dox and have dropped the dime to RCMP.
Yaniv is going to get his own article pretty shortly.

Yaniv visits the Farms
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/yaniv-vis ... 9-19.59437

Subforum base
https://kiwifarms.net/forums/jonathan-yaniv.99/

What a timeline we live in...

As a side note, I see a TungstenCarbide account on the Farms... any relation?

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Kiwifarms.net is down. Considering their DNS is handled by Cloudflare, I’d rather doubt they are getting ddosed. I suspect someone deleted all of their A and CNAME records

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Earthy Astringent wrote:Kiwifarms.net is down. Considering their DNS is handled by Cloudflare, I’d rather doubt they are getting ddosed. I suspect someone deleted all of their A and CNAME records
They get ddos'd on a regular basis.
Hard money is on Vordrak still carrying a hate boner for Null.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Earthy Astringent wrote:Kiwifarms.net is down. Considering their DNS is handled by Cloudflare, I’d rather doubt they are getting ddosed. I suspect someone deleted all of their A and CNAME records
Accessible via Tor. Your ISP may be blocking access. I'm not going to KF through clearnet myself. I don't need Null getting my IP, etc.

I honestly have expected Cloudflare to dump them since they dumped 8chan. Null (the guy who runs KF) was an 8chan insider for awhile, and KF was noted for being one of the sites that kept the Christchurch shooting video available after it was taken down almost everywhere else.

Capeo
Regular
Wikipedia User: Capeo

Unread post by Capeo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Fae definitely needs that topic ban to be reinstated. In that BLPN thread they basically argued that it would be okay to label an article subject as a TERF because, according to Fae, they obviously are a TERF, despite no RS using that label at this point. They also argued that it would be fine to say that the article subject engaged in hate speech in WP’s voice because a court confirmed it. The court ruling said no such thing. It made no ruling on Twitter’s reasoning. It basically just confirmed that a private website can deny service if it wants to. That’s a pretty dismal grasp of policy for someone who has edited WP this long. In pretty much every discussion they’ve been in over the last week Fae has been reacting to many disagreements by implying that editors are transphobic. When pressed on that they’re go to response is some variation of, “I’m not saying you’re a transphobe... but what you’re saying is.”

I actually have some sympathy for that outlook, there’s been some clumsy language involved and at least one sock that was trolling, but Fae does not seem to grasp that trans issues getting mainstream coverage is a relatively new phenomenon. Not every editor coming to these articles because they are in the news are going to be familiar with every bit of nomenclature that someone might find offensive. Fae’s default isn’t that someone might be inadvertently saying things that could be perceived as offensive, but that the person is intentionally being transphobic. They’re so strident it goes beyond policy or common sense. I mean, they originally argued that mentioning Yaniv’s genitalia in the article was demeaning and transphobic. Normally I’d agree regarding an article discussing a trans person. In this case though it’s a substantial part of a legal defense. If there is to be an article that can’t be left out.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Capeo wrote:They also argued that it would be fine to say that the article subject engaged in hate speech in WP’s voice because a court confirmed it. The court ruling said no such thing. It made no ruling on Twitter’s reasoning. It basically just confirmed that a private website can deny service if it wants to.
Even if the court had explicitly (and necessarily) ruled that the subject had engaged in hate speech, it's highly questionable whether that should be enough for Wikipedia purposes. While we do that with criminals, it's only really for WP:BLP purposes, because calling someone a criminal when they've been convicted of a crime is not libel. But beyond that, I think it's questionable whether a court on its own is good enough to assign other labels from a WP:RS perspective. Court cases are, after all, primary sources, and while primary sources are permissible (and commonly used) court cases should be seriously disfavored for just about everything, including reporting on the significance of the ruling itself.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 am

mendaliv wrote:
Accessible via Tor. Your ISP may be blocking access. I'm not going to KF through clearnet myself. I don't need Null getting my IP, etc.

I honestly have expected Cloudflare to dump them since they dumped 8chan. Null (the guy who runs KF) was an 8chan insider for awhile, and KF was noted for being one of the sites that kept the Christchurch shooting video available after it was taken down almost everywhere else.
Have you tried not visiting the psychotic stalker website, thats a good way to protect your ip, just a thought

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 am

Parabola wrote:
mendaliv wrote:

Have you tried not visiting the psychotic stalker website, thats a good way to protect your ip, just a thought
I sincerely hate Kiwifarms. But last time it was down it was only temporary. :angry:

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Activists Try to Erase Wikipedia Page Showing Trans Harassment of Waxing Studios

Jonathan Yaniv identifies as a woman and goes by the name Jessica. He made a name for himself by extorting money from waxing studios which refuse to service male anatomy. The transgender "woman" claimed that the studios violated his rights by refusing him service. He threatened them with lawsuits and they gave him money. He now has a case pending at the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal. But transgender activists are trying to delete the Wikipedia page about this case.
pjmedia.com

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:46 pm

And the article has been deleted.
The result was delete. Although the numerical tally is about even between those who want to keep and those who want to delete this article, the arguments invoking NOTNEWS (and, to a lesser extent also BLP1E), in combination with BLP concerns lead me to close this as delete. Randykitty (talk) 17:36, 10 August 2019 (UTC)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Also removed it from the BCHRT article.

I suspect there will be push back.

Pudeo
Regular

Unread post by Pudeo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 pm

I nominated it for deletion review: Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2019 August 10#Jessica Yaniv genital waxing case (T-H-L)

The BLP rationale for deletion is poor because big newspapers already covered it.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Pudeo wrote:I nominated it for deletion review: Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2019 August 10#Jessica Yaniv genital waxing case (T-H-L)

The BLP rationale for deletion is poor because big newspapers already covered it.
One of the arguments was that much of the coverage was in opinion pieces rather than news stories. That seems a weird argument; an article in a major newspaper is coverage, whatever it is called.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:20 pm

This person really needs their own article.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Vigilant wrote:This person really needs their own article.
There would doubtless be an AfD claiming WP:BLP1E or some similar nonsense.