Everipedia the Wikipedia killer goes live on the blockchain

Wikipedia in the news - rip and read.
Beeblebrox
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Re: Everipedia the Wikipedia killer goes live on the blockch

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Poetlister wrote:Google tried that approach with Knol, and it was a total failure. If Google can't do it, who can?
Knol was just a WP mirror with slightly different rules, so Everipedia obviously.... oh.. wait...
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)
Wikipedia User: Graaf Statler
Actual Name: Honored by the SanFranBan

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:55 pm

No Beeblebrox, the set up is total different. In the first place it is intergrated with social media, the software is modern, you can for instance imbed YouTube, the atmosphere is absolute extreem friendly and pleasant and I think the crypto money will be attractive.
For me it is absolute not a choice, I can never return to WMF and to be honest I don't want to return to them. But don't forget time has changed. It will be extreem hard to find editors who want to edit Wikipedia for free in the future. It is old fashion internet product, the software is out of date, the atmosphere is extremely bad. The wrong people are pissed off, and it is getting worser by the day. WMF will get a hard one on this new concept. Mabey not at once, but on the long tome for sure.
Not any connection to the English Wikipedia!

Dysklyver
Cornishman
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Unread post by Dysklyver » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Of course as the WMF s rebranding as an advocacy group they may be able to turn things around if they start losing traction, one can hope, maybe.
Globally banned after 7 years.

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:36 pm

In the periode 2009 till 2012 it went wrong with WPNL. There had been a huge crisis in WMNL in 2007 around the person Oscar van Dillen I have understand and a other group had taken it over. That had ended up in a tremendous fight just at the moment I came in the house (2009) , and can be the reason they thought I was a impersonator. Because many of the angry left users stared a troll accounts in that time.
In 2012 it went complete wrong and in that vacuum the tandem Ymnes-Natuur12 came up as the new talent to safe Wikipedia with the support of the whole cabal. That ended up a drama, Natuur12 is now out of the game, and the tremendous stupid Ymnes has in ended up in arbcom yesterday for the second time.
And now there is nothing and nobody left, there is no future.The backbone is broken. Everybody has left and there wiki is a chaos. The only right thing WMF can do is start over, it is far beyond repair. But, is that possible in this time with a overaged internet product? Without any paying for the editors? I doubt it.

Dysklyver
Cornishman
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Unread post by Dysklyver » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Graaf Statler wrote: The only right thing WMF can do is start over, it is far beyond repair. But, is that possible in this time with a overaged internet product? Without any paying for the editors? I doubt it.
With the WMF budget I would not put it past them to do a completely new site, maybe even with some kind of editor reward, but whether the community would allow that is another matter, and at the point they might have failed enough to want to do this, they may be over.

I have made a number of comparisons to Geocities now, Geocities was number #5 on the web once, geocities had thousands of contributors. Now look at it.
Globally banned after 7 years.

Graaf Statler
Proud Wikipedian (muted)

Unread post by Graaf Statler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:14 pm

you know with the problem of that community's is? That they doesn't exist. A wiki is a nobody's child, a orphan, nobody is real interested in it. It is there because it is, and that is the only reason. Nobody cares about a wiki or it's health. Nor what you should call a community and neither WMF.

A wiki is a ship in a huge ocean without a captain, without a rudder what is going in every direction. And the crew is inflating, people leave disapointed and are replaced by a lower quality crew and that is going on and on and on till the moment only some total lunatics are left, who are leaving disapointed too at the end. And then there is now crew at all left. And nobody is complaining as long there is at least someone to do the job, doesn't matter how mad. And in this way every wiki ends up on the digital churchyard.
And maybe that system of blockchain is better. Because if the content writers get rewarded they are more motivated to keep the place clean. Maybe in that case the child has a father and mother, and is not a orphan. I don't know if that happens, but it is worth to try.

Kingsindian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kingsindian

Unread post by Kingsindian » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 am

:like: