Democratizing Media In The Era Of Blockchain

Dysklyver
Cornishman
kołdry
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Re: Democratizing Media In The Era Of Blockchain

Unread post by Dysklyver » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Eric Corbett wrote:So you've got a version of MySQL that runs on your blockchain, no centralised server? I think that you've just invaded Fantasy Land. Is it really necessary to point out to you that there's a difference between MySQL on the blockchain and MySQL available from the blockchain?

BTW, if you do decide to try and market this fictional product you'd probably have to do so under your real name, not your Arthur Kerensa alias.
No this is definitely MySQL on the blockchain, the entire database and database software is stored and processed on the blockchain. There isn't much "decentralisation" needed. Everipedia for example runs on the EOS blockchain, which runs on only 28 server sets. My test example has five servers, but could theoretically have more.

An important rule of marketing crypto is to use a funky alias, so I could present myself as "Bob Cash" or something, this would no doubt be better for when I disappear to a banana republic with all the money, leaving everyone else angry and broke. Said banana republic would be in tropical climes and not feature extradiation.
Globally banned after 7 years.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Dysklyver wrote:An important rule of marketing crypto is to use a funky alias, so I could present myself as "Bob Cash" or something, this would no doubt be better for when I disappear to a banana republic with all the money, leaving everyone else angry and broke. Said banana republic would be in tropical climes and not feature extradiation.
Personally, I'd go with São Tomé & Príncipe, which is actually more stable than a typical "banana republic," and probably more stable than the USA at this point. The big plus is that it doesn't extradite to either the US or the UK, but you'll probably want to learn some Portuguese if you intend to stay there indefinitely.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 pm

If tht's not his real name, he's a company director under a false name, which I assume is illegal.

linkhttp://www.checkcompany.co.uk/director/ ... UR-KERENSA[/link]

And India must grow far more bananas than any other republic so it's THE banana republic.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 am

That link gets a lot of mileage. :ermm:

Eric Corbett
Retired
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Actual Name: Eric Corbett

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:40 am

Poetlister wrote:If tht's not his real name, he's a company director under a false name, which I assume is illegal.
Not necessarily, even assuming that it's the same Arthur Kerensa. But the truth will undoubtedly come out in time, whatever it is.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 am

Eric Corbett wrote:
Poetlister wrote:If tht's not his real name, he's a company director under a false name, which I assume is illegal.
Not necessarily, even assuming that it's the same Arthur Kerensa. But the truth will undoubtedly come out in time, whatever it is.
I hope it's not stalking to note that this "other" Arthur is the right age and seems to be an expert on wikis. It would be surprising if this is not the same person.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 am

Anyway that's all :offtopic:

By building a copy of Everipedia which does not need IQ Tokens, I have proven that Everipedia does not have a monopoly on blockchain wiki sites, anyone can make one, and as Amazon rolls out managed blockchains, and their ledger database product (many of the good things about a blockchain in a database application), this will only get easier.

Therefore, Everipedia's pay to play closed format may come to bite them in the behind, since their business model is still basically a ponzi scheme.

Anyway, next up is a wiki running on solid.

Eric Corbett
Retired

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:20 am

Poetlister wrote:
Eric Corbett wrote:
I hope it's not stalking to note that this "other" Arthur is the right age and seems to be an expert on wikis. It would be surprising if this is not the same person.
Surprising to you perhaps.

Eric Corbett
Retired

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 am

Dysklyver wrote:... as Amazon rolls out managed blockchains, and their ledger database product (many of the good things about a blockchain in a database application), this will only get easier.

Therefore, Everipedia's pay to play closed format may come to bite them in the behind, since their business model is still basically a ponzi scheme.
It certainly seems to look as if a lot of time and money has been wasted, but the idea of a wiki on the blockchain is in itself rather suspect anyway, as you ought not to have untrusted nodes in your network.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Eric Corbett wrote:
Dysklyver wrote:... as Amazon rolls out managed blockchains, and their ledger database product (many of the good things about a blockchain in a database application), this will only get easier.

It certainly seems to look as if a lot of time and money has been wasted, but the idea of a wiki on the blockchain is in itself rather suspect anyway, as you ought not to have untrusted nodes in your network.
As far as I can tell this is being dealt with by controlling which nodes you allow onto the network.

Eric Corbett
Retired

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
Eric Corbett wrote:

As far as I can tell this is being dealt with by controlling which nodes you allow onto the network.
That's not how decentralisation works with blockchains.

But whatever, perhaps some people are last beginning to wake up and realise that there's nothing new about blockchains.