Glorious Kudpung takes on another prominent Wikiwoman

Discussions about Sexism at Wikipedia
Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Re: Glorious Kudpung takes on another prominent Wikiwoman

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:57 am

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I missed the spat. I think I was out on my walkabout.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:22 am

On the assholery scale, Kudpung is a logarithmic version of Ironholds, and GW is a log-log version of Kudpung.

Cannot a friend through a bucket of coldwater on both of them and ask them is this how they want to spend their lives?
That is my goodself talking.

My badself wants a spectacle:
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 am

Beeblebrox wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:50 am
"you crave power" What a load of shit. I've done this job before you know. It does not, at any time, fill one with a sense of awesome power. This is a shit job, I volunteered for it because for some reason I actually care.

There's a message from about six months ago in my talk archives in which Kudpung mentions that if I make it to Wikimania in Bangkok next year he'll "be making absolutely sure that my friends who are able to come will have a great time." How's it gonna look if someone who received such an invitation, along with many other friendly messages over the years, is now voting in this case?

And yeah, I'm busy right now. Not forever, not for my entire term, not going to disappear for months on end like some arbs did last year, but (not that's it's any of your business) I have this thing called a real job and we're starting a massive project right now and I'll be extremely busy in on-and-off doses over the next few months, I'll still be able to participate in voting on PDs and responding to the various other things we're working on, I just don't have the time at the moment to take the lead on a case. I would imagine there will plenty of other opportunities to do so in the remaining 21 months of my term.
I have observed how Kudpung works. He "collects" people. He cleverly fosters personal relationships with long tenure Admins, 'Crats. and current & former AC members. Lots of personal first name dropping, sycophancy and the "YHM" messages dropped to influential people - as with NYB in this case and the likes of WTT. This gives him his sense of empowerment. He believes that he is untouchable. Like a patsy you've been duped. Kudpung "owns" you and several other AC members. :dubious:

Eric Corbett
Retired
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Actual Name: Eric Corbett

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:06 pm

Absolutely right.

Eric Corbett
Retired

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:55 am
And yeah, if you know the details of what happened between them, she absolutely needed to recuse. Kudpung's been around a long time, he knows a lot of people, and he's really pissed off a fair number of them, including GW.
Strange that she never felt the recuse when I was hauled up before the beak then. Well it would be strange, if you and most of the rest of ArbCom werm't such dishonest, hypocritical twats.

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Eric Corbett wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:08 pm
Beeblebrox wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:55 am
And yeah, if you know the details of what happened between them, she absolutely needed to recuse. Kudpung's been around a long time, he knows a lot of people, and he's really pissed off a fair number of them, including GW.
Strange that she never felt the recuse when I was hauled up before the beak then. Well it would be strange, if you and most of the rest of ArbCom werm't such dishonest, hypocritical twats.
and BB just saying "recuse" - no explanation. Disrespectful really. Coming to this site to explain swerving responsibility and yet not providing any rationale to the community who elected him. :angry:
Despite which, it is now 3/3/4 so hope lives on. Maybe Beeblebrox can explain to his AC colleagues what a great fellow Kudpung is and that a warm welcome awaits in an unspecified neighborhood in Bangkok for all those who renege on their responsibility :)

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:05 pm

Katie has pivoted!! + Maxim 5/2/4 :XD
Last edited by Jans Hammer on Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:26 pm

WP:AC, where AC now stands for Admin Conduct.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:57 am
I wasn't being sarcastic.

I missed the spat. I think I was out on my walkabout.
This spat is 50% of why there needs to be a case and 50% of the reason it will end like it ends if there is.

If GW pulls a dagger and goes after his throat in an evidence phase, Kudpung will be in deep fucking trouble.

tim

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:26 pm

I'd rank Kudpung a lot higher on the dick-o-meter than Fram.

However, I doubt any of his victims are married to or sleeping with a WMF board member.

Odds are hard to call here.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Re: Not so hard to make book really...

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:26 pm
I'd rank Kudpung a lot higher on the dick-o-meter than Fram.

However, I doubt any of his victims are married to or sleeping with a WMF board member.

Odds are hard to call here.
Yes on the "bigger dick than Fram" observation. That's another reason why the Fram case ending the way it did instead of giving him a pass on a technicality was so important. The principle of "Administrative Conduct Unbecoming" may not be as entrenched as it should be, but it's definitely a thing now. There was one case ahead of Fram where that rationale really emerged, i don't recall which. But is definitely becoming a real thing, and that is very, very good for the cause of "workplace reform" — where it doesn't necessarily take a bad block or a wheelwarring action to get rid of a bad overseer.

Now as to odds. There is a broad dislike of Kudpunk's assholery not only among the content people, but also among the Friends of San Francisco (not to be confused with the Friends of Dorothy). That's why the force of gravity is pulling this request towards a case. But there is a sense of newness to the process — reviewing an administrator for being imperious and nasty? Without Trust & Safety forcing the situation? That's new ground.

The pretty long odds were getting from SS's original off-wiki complaint to an Arbcom case request. That actually happened thanks to.......... a former Arb and one who is in tight with WMF. Now we're pretty much in 60-40 or even 70-30 land for acceptance.

And Kudping ain't walking away with his toolbox if this case actually happens... 90-10 odds.

And then he will run another RFA because Kudpung. And that one might stay open for three days. Maybe. You bet on the over/under of three days for that one, with the end result 100% certain.

RfB
Last edited by Randy from Boise on Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
and BB just saying "recuse" - no explanation. Disrespectful really. Coming to this site to explain swerving responsibility and yet not providing any rationale to the community who elected him. :angry:
Despite which, it is now 3/3/4 so hope lives on. Maybe Beeblebrox can explain to his AC colleagues what a great fellow Kudpung is and that a warm welcome awaits in an unspecified neighborhood in Bangkok for all those who renege on their responsibility :)
Not sure who you are/were on-wiki, but from this and previous conversations I get the feeling you just don't like me no matter what I say, but for the record:

-There is no obligation to explain a recusal. You're basically saying you shouldn't be involved, so any further comment is just noise. I'm not going to apologize for understanding basic ethical principles like avoiding the appearance of impropriety. If anyone on-wiki has any questions about it I have no problem providing details but so far nobody has said anything. I offered an explanation here because ya'll were already talking about why so many had recused.

-I won't be discussing this with the other arbs, at all. That's how recusal works. Again, I actually take this shit seriously. If I have anything to tell them it would have to be on the public case pages as a commenter/participant, not as an arb. I don't anticipate that happening at all in this case.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:47 pm
Jans Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
Not sure who you are/were on-wiki, but from this and previous conversations I get the feeling you just don't like me no matter what I say, but for the record:

-There is no obligation to explain a recusal. You're basically saying you shouldn't be involved, so any further comment is just noise. I'm not going to apologize for understanding basic ethical principles like avoiding the appearance of impropriety. If anyone on-wiki has any questions about it I have no problem providing details but so far nobody has said anything. I offered an explanation here because ya'll were already talking about why so many had recused.

-I won't be discussing this with the other arbs, at all. That's how recusal works. Again, I actually take this shit seriously. If I have anything to tell them it would have to be on the public case pages as a commenter/participant, not as an arb. I don't anticipate that happening at all in this case.
I'll repeat what it is I do not like. Kudpung is a thug & bully and has been for 10 years. You tacitly support him by not doing your job. So you've met him at a meet-up, got on with him and hope to do so again in downtown Bangkok. He has successfully cultivated you. Maybe he'll play you a tune. Obviously you were not there a few years ago when he was minded to throw his beer on members of the so-called anti-Admin brigade. :rotfl: You should give a reason for recusing - it might not be unprecedented but it is vanishingly rare in my experience not to give a reason for refusing to do the job you were elected for. Just look at the growing list of notable editors in good standing - how can you possibly ignore that? It is not his pleasant, RL alter-ego were are discussing - it is his nasty, vindictive on-line presence. And let's be clear about something, the reason given here is because you are his RL friend, not because you incidentally happen to be busy in RL. As for who I am, that is no concern of yours.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Re: Getting more serious about probabilities

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:04 pm

I previously wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Now as to odds. There is a broad dislike of Kudpunk's assholery not only among the content people, but also among the Friends of San Francisco (not to be confused with the Friends of Dorothy). That's why the force of gravity is pulling this request towards a case. But there is a sense of newness to the process — reviewing an administrator for being imperious and nasty? Without Trust & Safety forcing the situation? That's new ground.

The pretty long odds were getting from SS's original off-wiki complaint to an Arbcom case request. That actually happened thanks to.......... a former Arb and one who is in tight with WMF. Now we're pretty much in 60-40 or even 70-30 land for acceptance.

And Kudping ain't walking away with his toolbox if this case actually happens... 90-10 odds.

And then he will run another RFA because Kudpung. And that one might stay open for three days. Maybe. You bet on the over/under of three days for that one, with the end result 100% certain.

RfB
Upon further review, giving things some more serious thought... The score for taking the case is currently 5 / 2 / 4 out of 15 Arbs. The 4 recusals come off the 15 total, so it is sitting 5 / 2 out of 11, a majority of 6 being all that is necessary for the case to happen. One more accept OR two more recusals from the remaining four arbs and the case will happen. So we're better than 60-40 here; more like 80-20.

If I underestimated the odds of the case happening, I clearly overestimated the probability of him losing tools from the process. If I were actually gambling money betting on him keeping tools, I'd need at least 2-1 odds and would be pretty happy getting 3-1. That would seem to be more in the range of probabilities.

The over/under of 3 days before shutdown on a second RFA seems correct.

RfB

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Re: Getting more serious about probabilities

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:18 pm

[/quote]

Upon further review, giving things some more serious thought... The score for taking the case is currently 5 / 2 / 4 out of 15 Arbs. The 4 recusals come off the 15 total, so it is sitting 5 / 2 out of 11, a majority of 6 being all that is necessary for the case to happen. One more accept OR two more recusals from the remaining four arbs and the case will happen. So we're better than 60-40 here; more like 80-20.

If I underestimated the odds of the case happening, I clearly overestimated the probability of him losing tools from the process. If I were actually gambling money betting on him keeping tools, I'd need at least 2-1 odds and would be pretty happy getting 3-1. That would seem to be more in the range of probabilities.

The over/under of 3 days before shutdown on a second RFA seems correct.

RfB
[/quote]

My thinking is that he would be admonished / warned but would keep the tools - that in itself would be quite an outcome. Your odds suggest that you think he would be odds-on to be desysopped?

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Yeah, I think he's definitely odds on to have tools pulled pending a reconfirmation RFA. That is the way that the previous "conduct unbecoming"/"lost the confidence of the community" cases have played out and there would be plenty of vitriol in a Kudpung case. He's well into "Net Negative" territory with most Wikipedians.

RfB

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm
Yeah, I think he's definitely odds on to have tools pulled pending a reconfirmation RFA. That is the way that the previous "conduct unbecoming"/"lost the confidence of the community" cases have played out and there would be plenty of vitriol in a Kudpung case. He's well into "Net Negative" territory with most Wikipedians.

RfB
What about Superbowl?

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 am
I have observed how Kudpung works. He "collects" people. He cleverly fosters personal relationships with long tenure Admins, 'Crats. and current & former AC members. Lots of personal first name dropping, sycophancy and the "YHM" messages dropped to influential people - as with NYB in this case and the likes of WTT. This gives him his sense of empowerment. He believes that he is untouchable. Like a patsy you've been duped. Kudpung "owns" you and several other AC members. :dubious:
In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (T-H-L) and A Murder of Quality (T-H-L), creepy boarding-school teachers initated the most talented students into their personal dinner-clubs.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Moral Hazard wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 pm
Jans Hammer wrote:
In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (T-H-L) and A Murder of Quality (T-H-L), creepy boarding-school teachers initated the most talented students into their personal dinner-clubs.
:like:

DexterPointy
Critic
Wikipedia User: DexterPointy

Unread post by DexterPointy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
... And Kudping ain't walking away with his toolbox if this case actually happens... ...
RfB
:dramaqueen: Oh, Kudpung as candidate in a re-RfA: That might be even far more entertaining that this (hopefully) Arb.Case we're looking at.

Incidentally, I don't see any problem w. Beeblebrox recusing himself.
Any Arb. member can recuse him/her-self, for any or no reason: It's not a paid position, and while there is an expectation of doing some work, then an occasional recusal doesn't make for reasonable critique. (I don't see anything to suggest that Beeblebrox was bribed into recusing. And the "powerhungry" claim is mortherfucking non-sense! Hiding from battle does not rhyme with being powerhungry or agressive.)

Eric Corbett
Retired

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:54 pm
Excoriating from GW https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... llaWarfare
Kudpung is toast.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Would somebody kindly tell Jehochmoan to STFU?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =935161298

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:36 pm
Would somebody kindly tell Jehochmoan to STFU?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =935161298
Laughable how he has pivoted to the extent that his nose is now up his backside :) More important, will NYB or Fuchs change their mind....!?

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:
Gorilla Warfare (T-C-L) carved the blood eagle (T-H-L)
on Kudpung (T-C-L)'s withered flesh ... sagging breasts ... and flabby b-b-buttocks
scorned by WiR valkyries
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 pm

Moral Hazard wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 pm
Jans Hammer wrote:
Gorilla Warfare (T-C-L) carved the blood eagle (T-H-L)
on Kudpung (T-C-L)'s withered flesh ... sagging breasts ... and flabby b-b-buttocks
scorned by WiR valkyries
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
The principle of "Administrative Conduct Unbecoming" may not be as entrenched as it should be, but it's definitely a thing now. There was one case ahead of Fram where that rationale really emerged, i don't recall which.
[....]
RfB
Arbcom removed Ironholds's administrative status for conduct unbecoming, in the days when giants walked the Wikipedia firmament.

We do not need to mention specifics, again, a few weeks after Nyb asked us to avoid old business without purpose.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:19 am

DexterPointy
Critic

Unread post by DexterPointy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:30 am

Moral Hazard wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 pm
... We do not need to mention specifics, again, a few weeks after Nyb asked us to avoid old business without purpose.
:blink: That obnoxiously sheepish comment must have been meant to be posted on Wikipedia, not Wikipediocracy.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 am

Someone sure went quiet

Cat got your tongue?

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:08 am

Jans Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm
Randy from Boise wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm

RfB
What about Superbowl?
I'm gonna bet Niners over Ravens. With my fingers crossed. Vegas will have them about a 2.5 or 3 point dog.

tim

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:13 am

DexterPointy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 pm
Randy from Boise wrote:
... And Kudping ain't walking away with his toolbox if this case actually happens... ...
RfB
:dramaqueen: Oh, Kudpung as candidate in a re-RfA: That might be even far more entertaining that this (hopefully) Arb.Case we're looking at.
Oh, yeah. Oooooooooooooo-ooh, yeah!

That would be pure entertainment.

RfB

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 am

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... y_Missvain

Adios, Kudpung.
With GW and SS both drawing daggers and moving in, as they should, the outcome of this drama becomes entirely predictable. Those two incidents together become an outline of a pattern of ongoing behavior. Then you add to the mix the Sherlock incident and probably five other incidents from the past couple years that we don't even know about yet...........

RfB

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:54 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 am
Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... y_Missvain

Adios, Kudpung.
With GW and SS both drawing daggers and moving in, as they should, the outcome of this drama becomes entirely predictable. Those two incidents together become an outline of a pattern of ongoing behavior. Then you add to the mix the Sherlock incident and probably five other incidents from the past couple years that we don't even know about yet...........

RfB
Kudpung is about to get integration scrummed.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 am

That's a wrap
=== Kudpung: Arbitrators' opinion on hearing this matter <6/2/4> ===
Kudpung,

You've been a shitheel for a good long time.
The bill has come due.

Enjoy.

Your friend,
V

DexterPointy
Critic

Unread post by DexterPointy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 am

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 am
That's a wrap
=== Kudpung: Arbitrators' opinion on hearing this matter <6/2/4> ===
:agree: :banana: :like:

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:32 pm

At this point, the CORRECT play is for Kudpung to resign tools, issue a blanket apology, and shut the fuck up. Arbcom would probably ratify the resignation by motion, note that it is under a cloud, and that would be the end of the show.

What ACTUALLY happens though, will be rather longer, louder, and more comical.

RfB

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:32 pm
At this point, the CORRECT play is for Kudpung to resign tools, issue a blanket apology, and shut the fuck up. Arbcom would probably ratify the resignation by motion, note that it is under a cloud, and that would be the end of the show.

RfB
7/2/4 now with Joe Roe. Kudpung couldn't have expected this turn of events. The realisation that so many people around the world think you are a twat could come as a shock. :blink:
Now seems to be building some sort of evidence base https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kudp ... %BCckblick

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:58 pm
Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB
7/2/4 now with Joe Roe. Kudpung couldn't have expected this turn of events. The realisation that so many people around the world think you are a twat could come as a shock. :blink:
Now seems to be building some sort of evidence base https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kudp ... %BCckblick
We have now passed the threshold between drama and entertainment.

Enjoy the show, folks!

tim

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:16 pm
Jans Hammer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:58 pm
Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB
We have now passed the threshold between drama and entertainment.

Enjoy the show, folks!

tim
Superbowl odds, Tim?

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Can somebody point me to the magical tool that marks common pages of editor interactions? I'd very much like to locate the exchange between Kudpung and me in which he went after me as a "paid editor"...

RfB

P.S. By the way, SS indicates in the Wikipedia Weekly thread that she has done exactly ONE paid editing job ever. I therefore officially revise my estimate of instances of her paid editing made on this site (having spent three hours delving into her edit history at the time of her lynching by the feckless weasels at WMF) from "what, maybe two, possibly three?" articles to "one."

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Re: Me Like Football

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:22 pm
Superbowl odds, Tim?
There's a whole industry dedicated to that!

I think Niners v. Ravens is the most likely matchup, but that's hardly an original thought.

The only game this weekend that doesn't seem like an obvious outcome is Seattle at Green Bay.

Niners are getting healthy on defense, which is what made them so great early in the season.

tim

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Re: You Can't Make This Shit Up

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Near the top of Kudpung's Arbcom Case Defense sandbox, we find this gem.

link

The word of the day is "irony."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Re: He Wishes You a Merry Christmas! (Don't be a stranger...)

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:

I have observed how Kudpung works. He "collects" people. He cleverly fosters personal relationships with long tenure Admins, 'Crats. and current & former AC members. Lots of personal first name dropping, sycophancy and the "YHM" messages dropped to influential people - as with NYB in this case and the likes of WTT. This gives him his sense of empowerment. He believes that he is untouchable. Like a patsy you've been duped. Kudpung "owns" you and several other AC members.
Here is Kudpung's Christmas card list — the 38 Wikipedians to whom he sent "Happy Holidays" messages on Dec. 24, 2019:

• Andrew Davidson
• Anna Frodesiak
• Atsme
• Barkeep49
• Bluerasberry
• Boing! said Zebedee
• CambridgeBayWeather
• CAPTAIN RAJU
• Chris troutman
• ClemRutter
• Cullen328
• Davey2010
• Dennis Brown
• DGG
• Doc James
• Drmies
• Fram
• Gerda Arndt
• Guy Macon
• HJ Mitchell
• Insertcleverphrasehere
• Iridescent
• JarrahTree
• Jorm
• K.e.coffman
• MelanieN
• MER-C
• Nosebagbear
• RexxS
• Scottywong
• Serial Numbe 54129
• SMcCandlish
• Softlavender
• SoWhy
• Voceditenore
• WereSpielChequers
• Worm That Turned
• Xaosflux
Last edited by Randy from Boise on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Re: CHOO-CHOO! The irony train is coming round the bend!

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:55 pm

Back in the summer of 2015, Kudpung teamed up with his friend Worm That Turned (T-C-L) to propose formation of a Bureaucrats' Administrative Review Committee (BARC), which would have established a mechanism outside of Arbcom for the discipline of rogue administrators. The RFC failed of passage by a vote of 115 (for) to 77 (opposed), thanks to Wikipedia's idiotic Minority Rules pseudo-consensus vote-counting system, which makes the American electoral college look like an exercise in democracy...

link

The numbnuts who ruled that a 60-40 landslide was a victory for the minority was MDann52 (T-C-L) .

RfB

P.S. I get WTT's recusal now. Good move, Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:55 pm
Back in the summer of 2015, Kudpung teamed up with his friend Worm That Turned (T-C-L) to propose formation of a Bureaucrats' Administrative Review Committee (BARC), which would have established a mechanism outside of Arbcom for the discipline of rogue administrators. The RFC failed of passage by a vote of 115 (for) to 77 (opposed), thanks to Wikipedia's idiotic Minority Rules pseudo-consensus vote-counting system, which makes the American electoral college look like an exercise in democracy...

link

The numbnuts who ruled that a 60-40 landslide was a victory for the minority was MDann52 (T-C-L) .

RfB

To be fair, to do something as major as setting up a new disciplinary committee would require much more than a simple majority. It's effectively a constitutional amendment.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Moral Hazard
Super Genius

Re: He Wishes You a Merry Christmas! (Don't be a stranger...)

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:21 pm
Jans Hammer wrote:

I have observed how Kudpung works. He "collects" people. He cleverly fosters personal relationships with long tenure Admins, 'Crats. and current & former AC members. Lots of personal first name dropping, sycophancy and the "YHM" messages dropped to influential people - as with NYB in this case and the likes of WTT. This gives him his sense of empowerment. He believes that he is untouchable. Like a patsy you've been duped. Kudpung "owns" you and several other AC members.
Here is Kudpung's Christmas card list — the 38 Wikipedians to whom he sent "Happy Holidays" messages on Dec. 24, 2019:

• Andrew Davidson
• Anna Frodesiak
• Atsme
• Barkeep49
• Bluerasberry
• Boing! said Zebedee
• CambridgeBayWeather
• CAPTAIN RAJU
• Chris troutman
• ClemRutter
• Cullen328
• Davey2010
• Dennis Brown
• DGG
• Doc James
• Drmies
• Fram
• Gerda Arndt
• Guy Macon
• HJ Mitchell
• Insertcleverphrasehere
• Iridescent
• JarrahTree
• Jorm
• K.e.coffman
• MelanieN
• MER-C
• Nosebagbear
• RexxS
• Scottywong
• Serial Numbe 54129
• SMcCandlish
• Softlavender
• SoWhy
• Voceditenore
• WereSpielChequers
• Worm That Turned
• Xaosflux
In American baseball, at each game of every spring training, Pete Rose would always make a point of talking to the other team's young pitchers, in the belief that a friendly conversation would inhibit them from throwing hard and inside.

At All Star games, some pitchers make a point of never talking to players from another team.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:28 am

Poetlister wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm
Trrrrrrrrrrooooooooool
Blllllllooooooockkkkkkk.

t

el84
Gregarious
Actual Name: Andy E

Unread post by el84 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 am

Poetlister wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm
Randy from Boise wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:55 pm

link

RfB

To be fair, to do something as major as setting up a new disciplinary committee would require much more than a simple majority. It's effectively a constitutional amendment.
Could you kindly explain that to the British Government, please?