The Nicholas Alahverdian Story

Wikipediocracy blog posts
The Garbage Scow
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: The Master

Re: The Nicholas Alahverdian Story

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:53 pm

What I can't tell from that article is if he wound up like that because he's grossly fat and wasn't wearing a proper belt or if he deliberately pantsed himself as a pathetic defensive tactic. All of it sounds like a 25 year old Tom Green skit.

EDIT: Fox reports he's now in Utah
link

el84
Gregarious
Actual Name: Andy E

Unread post by el84 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:33 pm

Is it safe for Smiley to come out now?

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:46 pm

el84 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:33 pm
Is it safe for Smiley to come out now?
Probably not.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:53 pm
What I can't tell from that article is if he wound up like that because he's grossly fat and wasn't wearing a proper belt or if he deliberately pantsed himself as a pathetic defensive tactic. All of it sounds like a 25 year old Tom Green skit.

EDIT: Fox reports he's now in Utah
link
Still not in the Sheriff's system.

Ah
Rossi has also not been transported to the Utah County Jail yet, officials told FOX 13 News. Further details on where Rossi was transported were not made available.
Last edited by Vigilant on Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm

Is Amanda coming to the US to support her man-baby?
Will the US government issue her a visa?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:26 pm

Alahverdian, now back on American soil, awaits hearing in Utah jail

https://www.daviscountyutah.gov/sheriff/inmate-roster

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

There's a facility through jailatm.com to allow the sending of gift packs to inmates.
A personalized message is included.
Last edited by Vigilant on Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:29 pm

No mugshot yet :(

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:37 pm

I'm happy for the long-suffering Scots.

"Huckling" may be the least of Alahverdian's problems in a serious American prison. Especially with his poor physical condition (morbid obesity), he would be at serious risk of much worse harm in a general prison population. He needs to be in a special unit for his protection and receive special food (Nutraloaf (T-H-L)) for his health condition and psychological adjustment.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:32 am

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 am

Dinsmore said officers initially took custody of Alahverdian — who also goes by Nicholas Rossi — because the Davis County Sheriff’s Office has a contract with the U.S. Marshals Service to house federal detainees in that region.
Ah. That explains it. I only checked Utah and Salt Lake counties, because that's where his warrants are.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:43 pm

His first court hearing date is January 23rd. They're not wasting any time.

https://www.wwlp.com/news/nicholas-ross ... ah-county/

I wonder if he'll still try to work the Arthur Knight thing?

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:59 pm

Rossi extradition: why wasn’t I told, asks alleged rape victim
A woman who claims she was raped by Nicholas Rossi in England received no warning over his deportation from Scotland to the United States, a move that has halted her hopes of getting justice and been branded a “genuine scandal”.

... his abrupt departure blindsided Essex police, which had arrested Rossi over claims that he raped a woman in Chelmsford in 2017 and was in the later stages of an active investigation.
Outstanding domestic cases must usually be resolved before extraditions can proceed.

The Times understands that Essex police was only informed by counterparts in Scotland that Rossi was being sent to the US immediately before he was put on a plane. The force then had to break the news to the woman who was allegedly attacked in her home by him.

A senior legal figure described the behaviour of the Scottish authorities as “outrageous and disreputable”.
“The Scottish government’s desperate desire to please the Americans meant that they were willing to sabotage an active investigation by an English police force,” they said.
“As a consequence it is now almost certain that this woman in Essex will be denied justice. It has the makings of a genuine scandal.”

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:20 pm

Scottish authorities, "O mo dhia, am faigh sinn cuidhteas an fhoill ghlic seo?"

Lyallpuri
Critic

Unread post by Lyallpuri » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:26 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:20 pm
Gaelic is a spoken by a negligible minority in Scotland, and hasn't really been an important language there for several centuries.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:50 pm

Lyallpuri wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:26 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:20 pm
Gaelic is a spoken by a negligible minority in Scotland, and hasn't really been an important language there for several centuries.
le sigh

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:27 am

A senior legal figure described the behaviour of the Scottish authorities as “outrageous and disreputable”.
“The Scottish government’s desperate desire to please the Americans meant that they were willing to sabotage an active investigation by an English police force,” they said.
“As a consequence it is now almost certain that this woman in Essex will be denied justice. It has the makings of a genuine scandal.”
In all seriousness, the fact that this "senior legal figure" wouldn't identify himself (or herself) strongly suggests that the Essex Police force is actually pretty happy that they're not going to have to deal with this guy in person. And whoever it is probably knows quite well that the folks in Scotland didn't extradite him to "please the Americans."

Anyhoo, now that he's in Utah I'd estimate the chances of Mr. Alahverdian claiming to still be a "loyal member of the Church of Latter Day Saints" at about 99.9%, despite his claiming to have publicly converted to Judaism just a few months ago.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:29 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:27 am
In all seriousness, the fact that this "senior legal figure" wouldn't identify himself (or herself) strongly suggests that the Essex Police force is actually pretty happy that they're not going to have to deal with this guy in person. And whoever it is probably knows quite well that the folks in Scotland didn't extradite him to "please the Americans."

Anyhoo, now that he's in Utah I'd estimate the chances of Mr. Alahverdian claiming to still be a "loyal member of the Church of Latter Day Saints" at about 99.9%, despite his claiming to have publicly converted to Judaism just a few months ago.

It isn't going to make any difference what he says.
Some of the victims are LDS.
He's going down.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:02 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
The Essex police might be glad that they won't have to deal with him, but they have a responsibility to the complainant. She's now been deprived of her chance to seek justice. If this has been done in anything less than an aboveboard manner, it will be a scandal.

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:21 am

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:02 am
Midsize Jake wrote:
The Essex police might be glad that they won't have to deal with him, but they have a responsibility to the complainant. She's now been deprived of her chance to seek justice. If this has been done in anything less than an aboveboard manner, it will be a scandal.
Somebody should fly the Essex victim to Utah for the trial. She won't see her case addressed but she'll get a chance to see some savage justice meted out to her assailant -- probably much tougher than what he'd get in Essex. This includes not just a longer sentence but confinement in an unpleasant, more dangerous American prison. His prior escapes also mean he's going to get sent to a higher security (meaner) prison than he otherwise would for his offenses.

Alahverdian should start some serious Ozempic and exercise ASAP. He'll have "target" written all over him when he gets to his final destination.

May God have mercy on him because Utah sure won't.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:14 pm

Ron Lybonly wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:21 am
Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:
Somebody should fly the Essex victim to Utah for the trial. She won't see her case addressed but she'll get a chance to see some savage justice meted out to her assailant -- probably much tougher than what he'd get in Essex. This includes not just a longer sentence but confinement in an unpleasant, more dangerous American prison. His prior escapes also mean he's going to get sent to a higher security (meaner) prison than he otherwise would for his offenses.

Alahverdian should start some serious Ozempic and exercise ASAP. He'll have "target" written all over him when he gets to his final destination.

He going to run his mouth and be an asshole in prison.
He'll think he's so much smarter than the rest of the population.

I don't seem him lasting long.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:17 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:14 pm
Ron Lybonly wrote:
Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:

They'll need to keep him in some kind of special area or even solitary for his own safety. Knowing his manipulative psychopath tendencies, he would deliberately beef with other prisoners in order to "get sympathy from the public". Or just to spread general chaos. I pity whichever guards wind up responsible for him.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:18 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:17 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:14 pm
Ron Lybonly wrote:
Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Midsize Jake wrote:

They'll need to keep him in some kind of special area or even solitary for his own safety. Knowing his manipulative psychopath tendencies, he would deliberately beef with other prisoners in order to "get sympathy from the public". Or just to spread general chaos. I pity whichever guards wind up responsible for him.
If he's not in administrative segregation, he's dead within 3 months of reaching actual prison.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:20 pm

Nick has left Davis County Jail.

He hasn't arrived anywhere else I'm checking yet.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:45 pm

Nick shows up in the Utah Country jail.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Case #201402758

Only one I could find online in a secondary source.
Needs a free login to view fully.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:59 pm

This guy seems to have some inside information.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:14 pm

I notice that he still maintains that his birth country is Ireland. S, the poor Irish orphan trick has not been played out yet.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm

eppur si muove wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:14 pm
I notice that he still maintains that his birth country is Ireland. S, the poor Irish orphan trick has not been played out yet.
I saw that.

I suspect things will get sorted pretty quickly now that's been huckled back to Utah.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:35 pm

Utah County Jail has a good reputation, but Nicky's a multiple charge violent sex offender.

I don't like his odds.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:40 pm

Searching state and national sex offender databases, what are the odds?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:16 pm

Referencing the post above, here is a screenshot from the site.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:42 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:16 pm
Referencing the post above, here is a screenshot from the site.

Who's that dude? A reverse image search on multiple sites returns 0 results.
ziZWEOC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:48 pm

He's in PA.
Arrested in 2022, convicted in 2023.

Just a weird naming coincidence.

Article

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:16 am

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:40 am

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:17 pm

No meltdown, sadly.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:21 pm

Next court appearance is January 26th.

No bail, remand to custody.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 pm

CNN article: link

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 pm
They chose the photo of him wearing the kippah and judge's gown from the time he was claiming conversion to Orthodox Judaism. :rotfl:

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:53 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:06 pm
Zoloft wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 pm
They chose the photo of him wearing the kippah and judge's gown from the time he was claiming conversion to Orthodox Judaism. :rotfl:
I'm interested to see where the wheel of religious identities lands this time. Is there any advantage to pretending to be an Orthodox Jew in a Utah prison? For a normal person, no. It would be better to drop the act and try to blend in, but Alahverdian seems to thrive on playing the victim to try to control a situation. So maybe he'll keep up the act.

No Ledge
Habitué
Wikipedia User: wbm1058

Unread post by No Ledge » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:20 pm

My, how much his life has changed in the decade+ since the lead section of his Wikipedia biography simply said
Nicholas Alahverdian (born July 11, 1987) is an American writer, lobbyist, and political activist. He is a former Rhode Island General Assembly legislative aide and an orphan who grew up in the care of the Department of Children, Youth and Families.
and was SNOW deleted because he was an insignificant crime victim and/or perpetrator.

Hardly seems the same person.
No coffee? OK, then maybe just a little appreciation for my work out here?

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:28 am

Alahverdian was due in court today.

BBC: Fugitive who faked death refuses court appearance
Judge Derek Pullan, of Utah's Fourth District Court, was told Rossi would not appear by video link from prison on Monday.

A new date of 6 February has been set for his appearance.

Judge Pullan told the court that if Rossi was not ill then he would "authorise reasonable force to compel his attendance".
If you'd like to watch him not appearing in court, CourtTV has the video.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:43 am

You would think that an Irish orphan who was the victim of mistaken identity would rush to court to have themselves exonerated.

AndyTheGrump
Habitué
Wikipedia User: AndyTheGrump (editor/heckler)

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:17 pm

Judge Derek Pullan, of Utah's Fourth District Court, was told Rossi would not appear by video link from prison on Monday.
Judge Pullan told the court that if Rossi was not ill then he would "authorise reasonable force to compel his attendance".
"...and if that doesn't work, get unreasonable..." Judge Pullan added, under his breath...

Has pissing off the Judge ever proved an effective strategy in a court of law?

MoldyHay
Critic
Wikipedia User: many different IPs

Unread post by MoldyHay » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:12 pm

He may be under the impression that the case can’t proceed if he doesn’t appear. There’s some truth to that under the Sixth Amendment but a defendant can’t deprive the state of a fair trial by not appearing, so they have Ways of making him cooperate no matter how disruptive he is.
UPE on behalf of Big Popcorn :popcorn:

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:36 pm

MoldyHay wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:12 pm
He may be under the impression that the case can’t proceed if he doesn’t appear. There’s some truth to that under the Sixth Amendment but a defendant can’t deprive the state of a fair trial by not appearing, so they have Ways of making him cooperate no matter how disruptive he is.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

ancientofmumoo
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Ceoil

Unread post by ancientofmumoo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:54 pm

True Crime Looser

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:46 pm

He will be back in court today (or not).
KUTV: Rossi due in court days after refusing to attend hearing in separate case
The court date comes just three days after Rossi refused to leave his holding location to appear before a 4th District judge on charges of rape in Utah County, also in 2008.
Rossi is scheduled to be in the courtroom at 1 p.m.
Different county, different judge. We'll see what happens.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:15 am

Providence Journal: Nick Alahverdian still refusing to appear in Utah court

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Alahverdian refused to attend the hearing. Once again, "reasonable force" will be used next time. The only interesting thing here is that he has a different lawyer for each case. That may be completely normal, I don't know.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:33 am

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:15 am
Providence Journal: Nick Alahverdian still refusing to appear in Utah court

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Alahverdian refused to attend the hearing. Once again, "reasonable force" will be used next time. The only interesting thing here is that he has a different lawyer for each case. That may be completely normal, I don't know.
I assume that the lawyers are court appointed. According to that article his lawyer in this case is Samantha Dugan who works for the Salt Lake Legal Defender Association which is "a nonprofit legal organization that provides representation to indigent individuals accused of crimes in Salt Lake County." So different county, different lawyer.
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)