The Nicholas Alahverdian Story

Wikipediocracy blog posts
Black Kite
Regular
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Re: The Nicholas Alahverdian Story

Unread post by Black Kite » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:12 pm

And he might end up spending some time in the hellhole that is Chelmsford Prison. He'll be feeling homesick for Scotland in no time.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:27 pm

Good news for huckling enthusiasts!

The Scottish Sun: Nicholas Rossi 'being returned to Scots jail' after bail release over Essex rape claim
US fugitive Nicholas Rossi has been released on bail by officers investigating a rape allegation against him in England. It is understood that the 36-year-old is now being transferred back to HMP Edinburgh after being questioned at an English prison on Wednesday.
I'm still not able to identify which English prison he was huckled to for questioning, but now we know that he has been huckled back to Edinburgh. I don't think it's wise to assume that charges will be laid in this (or any) case, but perhaps Alahverdian will need to be huckled back and forth a few more times before they decide.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:05 pm

He's our huckleberry...

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:02 am

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:05 pm
He's our huckleberry...
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: formerly Konveyor Belt

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:43 am

Black Kite wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:12 pm
And he might end up spending some time in the hellhole that is Chelmsford Prison. He'll be feeling homesick for Scotland in no time.
Hellhole by UK standards, or US standards too?
Always improving...

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:30 am

Konveyor Belt wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:43 am
Black Kite wrote:
UK standards. US standards are so far below most western democracies they approach places like Thailand etc.

The difference is that some UK prisons are bad because of the nature of the inmates they hold, not because in itself, the prison and how it is run is in particularly bad condition (thats not to say many of them are run well.)

Pretty sure a lot of prisoners from US prisons would think the UK's conditions are a summer camp. Albeit with some of the worst counsellors :D

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:24 pm

Anroth wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:30 am
Konveyor Belt wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:43 am
Black Kite wrote:
UK standards. US standards are so far below most western democracies they approach places like Thailand etc.

The difference is that some UK prisons are bad because of the nature of the inmates they hold, not because in itself, the prison and how it is run is in particularly bad condition (thats not to say many of them are run well.)

Pretty sure a lot of prisoners from US prisons would think the UK's conditions are a summer camp. Albeit with some of the worst counsellors :D
I thought American prisons were hellholes mostly because of the other prisoners, not the facilities. Many American prisons are relatively new due to the expansion of the incarcereal state in the last 3 decades.

The primary facility issue is overcrowding in some states.

Also, state prison guards tend to be paid much less than other law enforcement, resulting in low quality guards. Just being immersed in that environment can damage a guard, physically, morally and emotionally.

I’m reminded of the dementors from the Harry Potter series. In American prisons they’re always invisibly there, affecting everyone.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:10 pm

Ron Lybonly wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:24 pm
The primary facility issue is overcrowding in some states.
I don't think you need the "in some states" qualifier in there — nearly all American prisons are overcrowded, they just have different ways of dealing with it and/or covering it all up.

There's also the issue of "private prisons," i.e., prisons run by private-sector companies — the USA has the largest private-prison population in the world, but it's still only about 10% of the overall prison population. Generally speaking, it's probably better to be in one of those than in a regular state penitentiary, and a "good" (i.e., less comically corrupt) private prison in the USA is probably better than any non-private UK prison. But (a) it probably all depends on who the company executives are and how much they bid on the prison contract, and (b) I've never even been arrested, so I have no personal experience of any of this stuff.

If I had to come up with my usual phony know-it-all prediction though, I'd say the Utah authorities (assuming they ever get their hands on him) will offer Mr. Nicky a deal whereby he pleads guilty to second-degree sexual assault and gets something like a 10-year sentence at their "Wasatch" medium-security facility. Currently they have him charged with first-degree sexual assault/rape, and since he has a history of "management issues" they'll want to throw him in with the seriously bad dudes in the "Uintas" maximum-security facility for 20+ years, which would be extremely unpleasant to say the least (and presumably worse than anything he'd get in the UK). Whether or not he takes such a deal is anyone's guess, but as a hyper-narcissist he certainly won't want to. Unfortunately for him, that hyper-narcissism will also make the judge and/or jury a lot less sympathetic when it comes time for deliberations and sentencing.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:37 pm

No one should be surprised by this news.

STV News: US fugitive Nicholas Rossi appeals against extradition from Scotland
A spokesperson for the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service said: “The court has advised they have today (Monday) received grounds of appeal for Nicholas Rossi – report has been requested which will be expected within four weeks.”
For those keeping a meticulously detailed timeline, the article also helpfully notes:
Scottish ministers had the final decision over whether to extradite him.

They made their decision and signed the order on September 28 – a response to a freedom of information request revealed.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:13 am

Still waiting for a judgment on the appeal itself, but last week's court appearance didn't go well.

Glasgow Live: Nicholas Rossi has attempt to delay extradition to US rejected by court
Representing himself in court on Thursday, Rossi moved a number of preliminary motions, including one calling for an extension to his appeal period to allow him more time to lead new evidence.

He also moved to be granted bail, and to have the court impose restrictions on the media reporting of his case.
Scottish Sun: ROSSI'S RANTS Fugitive Nicholas Rossi slapped down by top judge after crazy rant about Mormons, US prosecutors and Ukrainian meat
The convicted sex offender, who claims he is Irishman Arthur Knight, was repeatedly warned over his conspiracy theories by judge Lady Dorrian.

Representing himself after his legal team deserted him, Rossi - supported by wife Miranda Knight - saw all his requests for more time to prepare, reporting restrictions, bail and to present new evidence refused.

And despite being repeatedly ordered to “move on”, he switched from an English accent to a Dublin twang as he accused the prosecutor in his native Utah of working with the Mormon Church to “abuse kids”.

Rossi added: “Just Google David Leavitt, Buffalo Meat and Ukraine. It’s all there.”

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:29 am

Daily Record https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... n-31620783
Speaking for around three hours, Rossi made a string of meandering arguments which made little sense.

He said the Crown Office acted “illicitly, unlawfully and in a corrupt manner” and listed the various lawyers who had acted for him previously, specifying which ones had quit and who he had sacked.

He also went on rants about various newspapers, the BBC, YouTube, and podcasters.

Rossi attacked prosecutors in Utah and raised allegations made against the Mormon church which he claimed was involved in his persecution.

Lady Dorrian told him: “I cannot force you to make relevant submissions. I can only urge you to do so.”

After he persisted with the same conspiracy theories, the judge said he was “using this forum to make scurrilous allegations” which was “not likely to assist your case”.

When Rossi concluded his submissions, Lady Dorrian said the judges would issue a written ruling on the appeal as soon as possible.
A court source said: “That was a car crash. I’m not sure anyone has put forward a worse case in the history of the Scottish court system.

“It was so shambolic that you have to wonder whether it was deliberate, or if he was just the world’s worst ‘lawyer’.”
I think the Scottish press are going to miss having the chance to laugh at our Nick.

Ryuichi
Gregarious

Unread post by Ryuichi » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:05 am

eppur si muove wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:29 am
I think the Scottish press are going to miss having the chance to laugh at "Oor Nickola".

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 am

eppur si muove wrote:
Rossi attacked prosecutors in Utah and raised allegations made against the Mormon church which he claimed was involved in his persecution.
<snip>
“It was so shambolic that you have to wonder whether it was deliberate, or if he was just the world’s worst ‘lawyer’.”
I think the Scottish press are going to miss having the chance to laugh at our Nick.
Rossi added: “Just Google David Leavitt, Buffalo Meat and Ukraine. It’s all there.”
Why would Arthur Knight, an Irish orphan, care one whit about Utah or the people within?
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Imagine him sharing a cell with George Santos.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:28 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 am
eppur si muove wrote:
<snip>
Why would Arthur Knight, an Irish orphan, care one whit about Utah or the people within?
I think he knows his time is up and he's angling for an insanity plea the second he lands in the US.

iii
Habitué
Wikipedia User: ජපස
Wikipedia Review Member: iii

Unread post by iii » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:58 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:28 pm
I think he knows his time is up and he's angling for an insanity plea the second he lands in the US.
This guy is way too narcissistic to ever contemplate that approach.

No, this is the endgame for someone who has convinced himself, against all available evidence, that he is smart enough to get away with anything he wants to get away with. The fact that he is not smart enough to do that means that it ends up coming out as gibberish.

"Ukrainian meat" is a fun new word pair! Would love to have one of you take on the challenge to figure out what in the hell he means by that. Where's Smiley when you need him?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:05 am

iii wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:58 pm
The Garbage Scow wrote:

No, this is the endgame for someone who has convinced himself, against all available evidence, that he is smart enough to get away with anything he wants to get away with. The fact that he is not smart enough to do that means that it ends up coming out as gibberish.

"Ukrainian meat" is a fun new word pair! Would love to have one of you take on the challenge to figure out what in the hell he means by that. Where's Smiley when you need him?
It's a reference to the Utah prosecutor and it's not Ukrainian meat.
There's a meat company in Utah.

Nicky is trying to get revenge on the, now retired, prosecutor who initially filed the indictment.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:14 am

iii wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:58 pm
The Garbage Scow wrote:

David Leavitt worked in Ukraine for 14 years. In 2017 he adopted a child from the Northern Cheyenne Tribe under what appear to be questionable circumstances. At the same time he offered the Northern Cheyenne Tribe to broker a deal allowing them to export buffalo to the Ukraine. Obviously the assumption is that there was a quid pro quo.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/fox-13-in ... ican-child (This is in no way an endorsement of Fox, it's just the first source I found.)

Edit: btw he has made worse allegations against Leavitt in the past: https://www.newsweek.com/attorney-accus ... ah-1712403
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:12 pm

And Leavitt bought a castle in Scotland after he retired. I'm sure it's a lovely castle, but also that's a boss troll move.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:10 pm

Boing! said Zebedee
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Boing! said Zebedee

Unread post by Boing! said Zebedee » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:13 pm

It's shocking that it's taken *two years* to get this far. It should just have been - fingerprints, DNA test, send him home.

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:19 pm

The US has a terrible human rights record when it comes to prisoners, and executes people. So any extradition there is a long drawn out process.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:25 pm

Anroth wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:19 pm
The US has a terrible human rights record when it comes to prisoners, and executes people. So any extradition there is a long drawn out process.
When was the last US execution of an extradited person?

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:38 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:25 pm
Anroth wrote:
God knows, from the EU? Probably at least 30-50 years. The EU won't extradite anyone unless it's taken off the table. Granted it wasn't on the table for Nicky, but it's one reason why the process has so many steps.

The other is the multi layered appeals system most countries in the EU area have.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:46 pm

Anroth wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:38 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:
God knows, from the EU? Probably at least 30-50 years. The EU won't extradite anyone unless it's taken off the table. Granted it wasn't on the table for Nicky, but it's one reason why the process has so many steps.

The other is the multi layered appeals system most countries in the EU area have.
Exacerbated by Nicky's clown car of lawyers.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:00 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:46 pm
Anroth wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:

Who all seem to have abandoned him, finally!

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:00 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:

He's a terrible client and I suspect he's out of money.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:12 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 pm
The Garbage Scow wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:00 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:

Miranda is probably out of money by now too. He really has a way of soaking people.

Hopefully she can recoup some of it with a tell-all memoir or OnlyFans channel.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Unread post by eppur si muove » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Vigilant wrote:
I expect he's getting legal aid.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:53 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:12 pm
The average OnlyFans channel makes less than $200 a month according to the internet. I'm not sure Miranda has the notoriety or name recognition to be successful there. On the other hand, if she really wanted to go that route, she could probably make it work for her because the papers will be happy to report on it.

Miranda, if you're reading and you want to do this, here's my pitch: get a dummy made that looks like Arthur Knight. Your role is dominatrix. You don't even have to be nude, just get some classy leather gear. Arthur does what you say or you take his oxygen mask off. You reenact the classic bits, like helping him stand up. People will pay to see that (once). Maybe you could also dress like a nurse and pretend to be tattooing him while he's in a coma?

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:56 pm

eppur si muove wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:49 pm
Vigilant wrote:
I expect he's getting legal aid.
The Jewish Chronicle: Fugitive Nicholas Rossi who allegedly converted to Judaism benefited from £40k in legal aid

Reports from August said he'd already gotten just over £40k in legal aid.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:07 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:53 pm
The Garbage Scow wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:12 pm
The average OnlyFans channel makes less than $200 a month according to the internet. I'm not sure Miranda has the notoriety or name recognition to be successful there. On the other hand, if she really wanted to go that route, she could probably make it work for her because the papers will be happy to report on it.

Miranda, if you're reading and you want to do this, here's my pitch: get a dummy made that looks like Arthur Knight. Your role is dominatrix. You don't even have to be nude, just get some classy leather gear. Arthur does what you say or you take his oxygen mask off. You reenact the classic bits, like helping him stand up. People will pay to see that (once). Maybe you could also dress like a nurse and pretend to be tattooing him while he's in a coma?
Best way to cash in is to dress him up in a piggy mask and go to work with a Bad Dragon product.

Ryuichi
Gregarious

Unread post by Ryuichi » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:44 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Anroth wrote:
When was the last US extradition of a US person?

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:01 pm

Since someone just asked, a timely report from the Scottish Sun that Alahverdian has received close to £90k now.

Scottish Sun: LEGAL AID FURY Fugitive rape suspect Nicholas Rossi cost Scots taxpayers £90k in legal aid
Tory shadow justice secretary Russell Findlay hit out: “This attention-seeking sex offender has made a mockery of Scotland’s justice system while wasting valuable court time.

"This is a waste of public money.”

It emerged the Scottish Legal Aid Board paid £86,805 to the American’s briefs.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:44 pm

BBC: Nicholas Rossi re-bailed over Essex rape allegation
A fugitive due to be extradited to the United States has been re-bailed after he was arrested in connection with a rape allegation.

Nicholas Rossi was arrested in October in relation to an alleged incident in Chelmsford, Essex in 2017.

He answered bail on Wednesday and has been re-bailed until 21 March while inquiries continue.
Utah will wait, I'm sure.

Catfish Jim & spd
Critic
Wikipedia User: Catfish Jim and the soapdish

Unread post by Catfish Jim & spd » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:59 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:44 pm
A fugitive due to be extradited to the United States has been re-bailed after he was arrested in connection with a rape allegation.

Nicholas Rossi was arrested in October in relation to an alleged incident in Chelmsford, Essex in 2017.

He answered bail on Wednesday and has been re-bailed until 21 March while inquiries continue.
Not long... BBC: US fugitive Rossi extradited from Scotland

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:11 pm

Catfish Jim & spd wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:59 pm
Giraffe Stapler wrote:

The BBC article wrote:Utah county attorney, David O. Leavitt, welcomed the news that the extradition process had been completed.
He said: "This would not have happened without the amazing co-operation from law enforcement across the world.
"I'm very grateful for the co-operation we've received from the Scottish authorities. This wouldn't have happened without them."

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:24 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:11 pm
Catfish Jim & spd wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:59 pm
Giraffe Stapler wrote:

The BBC article wrote:Utah county attorney, David O. Leavitt, welcomed the news that the extradition process had been completed.
He said: "This would not have happened without the amazing co-operation from law enforcement across the world.
"I'm very grateful for the co-operation we've received from the Scottish authorities. This wouldn't have happened without them."
I suspect the Scots are glad to see the last of him. I'm sure they didn't want to hold on to him while a new case dragged on in England.

An odious man.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:55 pm

It is understood Rossi - also known in the US as Nicholas Alahverdian - left on a private flight from Edinburgh Airport on Friday.
The huckling must have been extreme.

:popcorn:

Ron Lybonly
Regular

Unread post by Ron Lybonly » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:12 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:55 pm
It is understood Rossi - also known in the US as Nicholas Alahverdian - left on a private flight from Edinburgh Airport on Friday.

Please say you're not suggesting this guy was forcibly inducted into the Mile High Club.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 pm

Ron Lybonly wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:12 pm
Vigilant wrote:

Please say you're not suggesting this guy was forcibly inducted into the Mile High Club.
There's not enough Zofran in the world to make that possible.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:32 am

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:12 pm

The Providence Journal picked it up, of course!
Law enforcement authorities in Utah later confirmed Friday that Alahverdian was on his way back to Utah, where he is charged with two rapes and a separate sexual battery accusation, all allegedly occurring in 2008.
Alahverdian was flying on a private or chartered plane, authorities said, and was expected to arrive in Salt Lake City Friday afternoon and then transported about 45 minutes to the Utah County Jail.

Sgt. Spencer Cannon, a spokesman for the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, said Alahverdian would be fingerprinted as part of the booking process – particularly “because of the assertion he’s not Nicholas Rossi but that he’s Arthur Knight.”
I wonder how many cops were on the plane with him. Hoping there was a surfeit of huckling once he landed!

The rape trials promise to be another circus.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:19 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:12 pm
Law enforcement authorities in Utah later confirmed Friday that Alahverdian was on his way back to Utah, where he is charged with two rapes and a separate sexual battery accusation, all allegedly occurring in 2008.
Alahverdian was flying on a private or chartered plane, authorities said, and was expected to arrive in Salt Lake City Friday afternoon and then transported about 45 minutes to the Utah County Jail.

Sgt. Spencer Cannon, a spokesman for the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, said Alahverdian would be fingerprinted as part of the booking process – particularly “because of the assertion he’s not Nicholas Rossi but that he’s Arthur Knight.”
I wonder how many cops were on the plane with him. Hoping there was a surfeit of huckling once he landed!

He's not in their system yet.

Utah County Arrested Person Search Results

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:27 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 pm
Ron Lybonly wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

Securing him with a one bar prison* for the duration of the flight certainly seems reasonable.

* google at your own risk
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:31 pm

rnu wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:27 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 pm
Ron Lybonly wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

Securing him with a one bar prison* for the duration of the flight certainly seems reasonable.

* google at your own risk
Nice...

I was imagining a Hannibal Lector setup.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:50 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:19 pm
The Garbage Scow wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:12 pm

He's not in their system yet.

Utah County Arrested Person Search Results
Pure speculation, but if he caused a disturbance on the flight he'd be detained upon landing by TSA/feds. Knowing him, there's a reasonable chance he had another outburst or did something to delay the process yet again.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:21 pm

Edinburgh Live: Nicholas Rossi battled marshalls at Edinburgh airport with trousers at ankles to avoid extradition
Witnesses have said that fugitive sex offender Nicholas Rossi was seen roaring and crying as he was taken from HMP Edinburgh and put on a flight to be extradited to the US from Edinburgh airport.

The 36-year-old is believed to have been forced onto the plane after battling with staff on the runway with his trousers at his ankles. A last ditch attempt was made by Rossi's wife, Miranda Knight, 42, on Friday January 5 to try to halt the extradition from taking place.
Sounds like he was well and truly huckled into the plane. Regarding his current whereabouts, the article helpfully says:
His plane was understood to have landed in the US and Rossi was taken into custody. Federal officers are expected to finish the extradition process before he is taken to Utah for trial.

A Utah prosecution source said: “We’re awaiting receipt of Mr Rossi, it hasn’t happened yet, will take a few days, but when we do, we’ll be sure to keep him here.”

AndyTheGrump
Habitué
Wikipedia User: AndyTheGrump (editor/heckler)

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 am

Ah yes, the 'trousers round the ankles' tactic. How could it possibly fail...

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 am

AndyTheGrump wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 am
Ah yes, the 'trousers round the ankles' tactic. How could it possibly fail...
Nobody wants a close look at that one eyed medusa.