PROVEN: Jehochman writes articles for his clients

Discussion of financial interests of Wikimedia and companies who contribute, or simply spend money on a Wikipedia presence.
neved
Gregarious
kołdry
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

PROVEN: Jehochman writes articles for his clients

Unread post by neved » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm

I've nothing against paid editing in general, but as any editing it could be clean or dirty. Below are only few examples of a very dirty payed editing.

Everybody has guessed that Jehochman (T-C-L) ( Jonathan Hochman) writes articles for his clients, but up to now it has not been proven, and Jehochman has repeatedly denied it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =577992721
For the record, I do not do any paid editing, because it's not time-income effective for me. If a client asks me about Wikipedia I may advise them how to work with the community to get things done within policy, e.g. post suggestions to talk pages, announce themselves and answer any question. Once in a while I might introduce them to an editor who is willing to fix up their article in exchange for a charitable donation. My feeling is that if Wikipedia gets a better article, the business receives value and pays for it, and the editor is happy that some charity benefited, then it is ethical. Jehochman Talk 17:42, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
Now I have the evidence to demonstrate he's lying.

Please see this deletion request. (the article in question has absolutely nothing to do with the current Argox article) The article discussed in the deletion request was written by Jehochman about the company named Argox-USA, which was a client of J.E.Hochman & Associates http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/12/prweb187047.htm
"My experience running Barcoding's massive 12,000 page web site and substantial online advertising campaigns can benefit many other companies," said Hochman. His former employer Barcoding Inc. became the firm's first client, and several other technology companies soon followed, including IntelliTrack Inc. and Argox-USA. The firm was recently selected to manage the soon-to-be-deployed web site of the American Association of Employed and Self-Employed Persons, a non-profit lobbying group.

For further information, please visit http://www.hochmanconsultants.com. (my boding)
BTW that deletion request was closed by Jehochman himself as "keep", and then he accused the initiator of AFD of "wikistalking" and vandalism http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... kistalking
Please don't vandalize articles with improper AfD nominations. I feel that you have been wikistalking me. Jehochman 18:11, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
Hochman also spammed another article http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... d=12216492 with the link to his client website.

Another example: Jehochman is associated with BroadVoice. Now he uses Wikipedia entries to discredit his business competitors. He writes BLP on Jeffrey A Citron
Jeffrey A. Citron is the Chairman of Vonage, a Voice over IP phone company. Previously, he was affiliated with Datek Securities and was the defendant in a civil enforcement action for securities fraud by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in 2003.[1] Citron paid approximately $22.5m of a $70m settlement by all the defendants. The SEC said these fines were "among the largest penalty amounts the SEC has ever obtained from individuals."[2]
and also adds this to Vonage (T-H-L)

I could have gone on and on, I do have evidence for other articles he wrote, but I would not like to make this thread too big. I believe you've got the idea. Some of the spams and advertisement written by Jehochman for his clients were deleted, others PSC_Inc. (T-H-L) still provide "a free knowledge" or should I say "a paid advertisements"?

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Re: PROVEN: Jehochman writes articles for his clients

Unread post by Hex » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 pm

Nice find.
Deleted revision of Talk:Argox as of 24 February 2006 wrote: For future reference, you might want to review Wikipedia:Deletion process#Non-Administrators closing discussions. Should this article come on the AfD radar again, someone will likely note that this Close was not within policy. Monkeyman (talk) 13:22, 24 February 2006 (UTC)

Yes, sorry. I read the process and performed it, then saw that note about non-admins at the bottom. That note should be at the top. I actually edited Wikipedia:Deletion process to put a warning at the top of the file. Check it out.

By the way, your nominating three articles I wrote for deletion without first making a good faith effort to contact me was also a violation of policy. So we're both in the wrong. I forgive you. Will you forgive me?

I request that an administrator review this whole situation and take corrective action if necessary. Jehochman 14:19, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
Then, despite blocking the deletion of his article, he PRODded it himself on 21 June 2007, saying "Lack of sources, I was one of the original contributors".

I wonder why, given that he had been trying to maintain the presence of its logo in the article only days earlier.
History of deleted File:Argox.gif wrote: 06:45, 29 June 2007 . . BetacommandBot (talk | contribs | block) m (196 bytes) (tagging Orphaned Non-Free image see Wikipedia:Non-free content/orphans)
02:48, 20 June 2007 . . Cydebot (talk | contribs | block) m (134 bytes) (Robot - Renaming non-free template "logo" per Wikipedia:Non-free content/templates.)
14:39, 12 June 2007 . . Jehochman (talk | contribs | block) (125 bytes) (state source) [diff: removed {{no source}}, added "copied from corporate website"]
11:20, 12 June 2007 . . OsamaK (talk | contribs | block) (133 bytes) (Image is missing source information and will be deleted in seven days if it is not added.)
11:20, 12 June 2007 . . OsamaK (talk | contribs | block) (91 bytes)
13:23, 2 June 2007 . . Jehochman (talk | contribs | block) (86 bytes) (remove non-free template)
13:22, 2 June 2007 . . Jehochman (talk | contribs | block) (346 bytes) (obvious fair use) [diff: added "Corporate logo used on a page about the corporation. Obvious fair use."]
20:33, 31 May 2007 . . BetacommandBot (talk | contribs | block) (272 bytes) (tagging {{non-free use disputed}})
20:57, 23 April 2007 . . Cydebot (talk | contribs | block) m (28 bytes) (Robot - Renaming non-free template "logo" per Wikipedia:Non-free content/templates.)
05:56, 21 August 2005 . . Jehochman (talk | contribs | block) (19 bytes) ({{logo}} Argox Logo)
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

neved
Gregarious
Location: Here, for whatever reason, is the world. And here it stays. With me on it.

Unread post by neved » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Here's another find

Bob's Discount Furniture is also a client of Mr. Hochman. They specify J.E. Hochman & Associates as their contact for their website. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/03/prweb213665.htm
Jonathan Hochman

J.E. Hochman & Associates

for Bob's Discount Furniture

jehochman@jehochman.com
Have you yet guessed who wrote the Wikipedia article Bob's Discount Furniture (T-H-L)? Right, Mr. Hochman himself. Now, when the article is written Bob's Discount Furniture menages it himself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Co ... /Bobswatch

Sometimes Jehochman writes articles about his friends. Doesn't look as Vanessa Fox is a notable person, but looks that she's a friend of Mr. Hochman http://www.businessinsider.com/whats-re ... seo-2011-3
Up on stage we have Vanessa Fox moderating friends Greg Boser, Jonathan Hochman, Todd Nemet, and Brian Ussery.
So she gets her own Wikipedia entry too Vanessa Fox (T-H-L), and as long as that entry was written by a senior admin, mighty Jehochman (T-C-L) who cares that half of the links in the article are broken and another half are not reliable blogs.

There's no doubt that Clay Johnson (technologist) and Mr. Hochman know each other. They were the designated speakers on the same conference http://www.web2expo.com/webexsf2009/pub ... e/speakers
So, when Clay Johnson (technologist) decided it was a time to have his own Wikipedia entry he asked Mr. Hochman for help http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =365870142
Hi, I could use some help writing my first article! I have a draft of the article ready, with citations, whenever you can help me!
and Jehochman did. Wikipedia entry Clay Johnson (technologist) (T-H-L) was started not by Clay Johnson (technologist) but by Jehochman himself.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:32 pm

Well.

Given that his userpage says "I don't edit on behalf of clients." – italics and all, no disclaimers or caveats – I feel like a bit of a sucker now for taking to heart his relentless badgering on the subject of whether I lied by omission by not disclosing my WO account.

He even linked to lying by omission (T-H-L) on my talk page, for crying out loud.

I guess you can't believe everything you read on a userpage.

Cedric
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Edeans
Wikipedia Review Member: Cedric
Actual Name: Eddie Singleton

Unread post by Cedric » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:51 pm

Mason wrote:Well.

Given that his userpage says "I don't edit on behalf of clients." – italics and all, no disclaimers or caveats – I feel like a bit of a sucker now for taking to heart his relentless badgering on the subject of whether I lied by omission by not disclosing my WO account.

He even linked to lying by omission (T-H-L) on my talk page, for crying out loud.

I dunno--it seems to me Jehochman is something of an expert when it comes to lying by omission. For instance, I see no link to this on his user page.

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 pm

I admit, Hochman sure had a pair of stones on him when he wrote this in an AfD:
I wrote the article, and used to work at the company. I've read Wikipedia's policies and done my best to conform to them. The company is a rather unique and amazing success story. It has been written up numerous times in the press, and received many awards. The purpose of the article is not to promote the business (they do well enough themselves), but to tell a unique and interesting story of how a business disaster can be overcome through perseverence, commitment, and loyal friends. Jehochman 18:48, 4 August 2005 (UTC)

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08 am

Mason wrote:Well.

It is getting even better than that.

Another client of Hochman Intermec got another advertisement written by him Intermec (T-H-L)
The article was written in 2006 a few months after Jehochman enrolled in anti-spam project Anti-spam? Really? :blink:
He also wrote articles lyrtech (T-H-L) and virtutech (T-H-L)

Here's the proof that all three companies are clients of Hochman this is the link to Mr. Hochman own website.

I really believe somebody should call Jehochman out and request him to resign as he did with others.
Last edited by neved on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children." Golda Meir

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:12 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:I admit, Hochman sure had a pair of stones on him when he wrote this in an AfD:
I wrote the article, and used to work at the company. I've read Wikipedia's policies and done my best to conform to them. The company is a rather unique and amazing success story. It has been written up numerous times in the press, and received many awards. The purpose of the article is not to promote the business (they do well enough themselves), but to tell a unique and interesting story of how a business disaster can be overcome through perseverence, commitment, and loyal friends. Jehochman 18:48, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
Because a Wikipedia article that is empowering is a Wikipedia article that deserves to be written and read by the masses (just like a self-help book or a TED talk).
This is not a signature.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:21 am

Sorry, folks, but I'm having a hard time seeing how Hochman saying in 2013 that he doesn't edit for pay (in the present) is highly hypocritical when all of this "evidence" against him is from 2005 and 2006, with one apparent "back-scratcher" article for a friend in 2010. I find it slightly hypocritical, but not highly.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:03 am

FWIW, I didn't even try to mention all the COI he has done over the years when I wrote him up for the book wiki. Too many examples.

I think this might make a passable blog post. You might also mention that Hochman has friends who work at Google. He has edited a few of the WP biographies of Google employees such as Fox. It's just a coincidence, I'm sure. :yecch:

If you ever want to see examples of favoritism by WP insiders, look through Category:Google employees (T-H-L).
Sorry, folks, but I'm having a hard time seeing how Hochman saying in 2013 that he doesn't edit for pay (in the present) is highly hypocritical when all of this "evidence" against him is from 2005 and 2006, with one apparent "back-scratcher" article for a friend in 2010. I find it slightly hypocritical, but not highly.
He's been avoiding blatant SEO/paid work, partly because he almost had his ass creamed in 2007.

Go ahead and ask any of the arbitrators at the time: why Hochman was removed from this case as a defendant, and it became a pure Durova witch hunt -- a pointless one, since she resigned her admin bits in the middle of it.....

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:30 am

EricBarbour wrote:FWIW, I didn't even try to mention all the COI he has done over the years when I wrote him up for the book wiki. Too many examples.

I think this might make a passable blog post.
Yes, I think it could make a blog. Would you write it please?

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:55 pm

neved wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:FWIW, I didn't even try to mention all the COI he has done over the years when I wrote him up for the book wiki. Too many examples.

I think this might make a passable blog post.
Yes, I think it could make a blog. Would you write it please?
You could collaborate with Mason, Eric. :)

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:52 pm

thekohser wrote:Sorry, folks, but I'm having a hard time seeing how Hochman saying in 2013 that he doesn't edit for pay (in the present) is highly hypocritical when all of this "evidence" against him is from 2005 and 2006, with one apparent "back-scratcher" article for a friend in 2010. I find it slightly hypocritical, but not highly.
OK, Greg, it is how it works:

Here's 2011 post informing Jehochman about the deletion of the BLP written by him.

Here's the deletion request

And here an open letter written by Jonathan Hochman and published on the blog of the subject of that very BLP

Any more questions? Any more doubts?

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Hochman is a paid editor and lies about it. This has been pretty clear for a long time. He also was a year or so ago (may still be) up to his neck in trying to control the development of paid editing guidelines. I loved this:
To start with one must be slightly familiar with the industry to recognize which sources are reliable. Search Marketing Standard, Fox Business, Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Land are all good sources. The others are possibly good. The existing article is well sourced and isn't causing any harm. If somebody had time (I don't at the moment), it would be possible to expand the article further. WP:TIND. Jehochman Talk 05:44, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
There's something delightfully Borgesian about using websites that exist exclusively to promote SEO as reliable sources for Wikipedia articles.

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:20 pm

And this is just classic from Jehochman's RFA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia% ... FJehochman

Question from WjBscribe
4: Following a link from your userpage I see that your company [20] is involved in SEO and internet marketing. Commentators have increasingly been discussing the use such firms have put Wikipedia to in terms of enhancing their client's profiles on the web. How do you combine your role in that industry with your editing here while avoiding any conflicts of interest?

A:I've been an outspoken critic of link spammers and those who would abuse Wikipedia. There's a big misconception that all SEOs are spammers and jerks. Some of us aren't. Here's a summary of my Wikipedia and SEO presentation given to 500 SEOs in New York this year. Here's a review of my SEO Reputation Problem talk in San Jose this August. My business involves helping people build better websites and promote them through legitimate means. I strongly discourage all forms of astroturfing (phony, COI contributions) because I've come to realize that this sort of marketing can trigger very negative publicity when discovered. Professional marketers can't afford to take those risks.
What a lair!

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 pm

HRIP7 wrote:You could collaborate with Mason, Eric. :)
Sorry, no time this week. Mason, or anyone else, is welcome to give it a try. Anyone willing to do it is invited to email me, and I will send a copy of the book wiki article about Hochman. Don't forget to mention the Google employees getting "special Wiki love".

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:35 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
HRIP7 wrote:You could collaborate with Mason, Eric. :)
Sorry, no time this week. Mason, or anyone else, is welcome to give it a try. Anyone willing to do it is invited to email me, and I will send a copy of the book wiki article about Hochman. Don't forget to mention the Google employees getting "special Wiki love".
But what Jehochman has to do with the Google employees?

Bielle
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Bielle
Wikipedia Review Member: Bielle

Unread post by Bielle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 am

An IP has already snatched the topic and taken it to Jimbo's talk page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... nior_admin
Last edited by HRIP7 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 pm

I found this Jimbo-esque half-truth (quarter-truth?) of Hochman's rather amusing:

February 20, 2006:
I've made more than 500 contributions, never been warned for spam, and never had an article deleted.
Oh, really? April 12, 2005:
==No advertising==
Hello, it looks like you are using wikipedia for advertising. Please don't do that. Thanks. [[User:Kim Bruning|Kim Bruning]] 17:53, 12 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Since Hochman quickly deleted that from his Talk page, I guess he felt that being warned for using Wikipedia "for advertising" isn't at all the same of being "warned for spam". I don't know if Hochman has reformed himself, but I recall him being a real weasel back then. There was one time where he insinuated that I was using an online screen name called "Durovawatch", when I wasn't. There was another time where a corporate user account from the Orbitz company was blocked, and I pointed out by e-mail to Hochman that I thought it was handled in a rude manner. His reaction was to quickly go to Wikipedia and say: "I have reason to believe this <Orbitz> user is acting in concert with banned user User:MyWikiBiz. ...I have information that is not public. MyWikiBiz has a keen interest in this affair." I had absolutely no personal or commercial interest in the Orbitz account, other than I happened to be a run-of-the-mill Orbitz customer. So, I called up Hochman that day, and we began a delightfully friendly conversation. But when I get to this Orbitz matter, though, about how he has "information that is not public", he IMMEDIATELY said, "Do you want me to delete that? I can delete that, because I have no interest in embarrassing you publicly."

That was late October 2007, so in my judgment, he was still acting like a worm then.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

HRIP7
Denizen

Unread post by HRIP7 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:51 pm

This matter is now the topic of our current blog post.

There is also a forum thread for discussing the blog post here.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm pretty much retired and use admin tools very little. I no longer have much to time for Wikipedia as anybody can see from my edit history. I don't think the handful of opinions in this thread represent the community. There are many editors who avoid drama and won't comment here. To sum it up, I am not doing anything contentious with my admin access. Jehochman Talk 10:10, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
Of course, he grabs the tools whenever he sees signs of one of those "banned editors" he's so fond of.
This is not a signature.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:05 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
I'm pretty much retired and use admin tools very little. I no longer have much to time for Wikipedia as anybody can see from my edit history. I don't think the handful of opinions in this thread represent the community. There are many editors who avoid drama and won't comment here. To sum it up, I am not doing anything contentious with my admin access. Jehochman Talk 10:10, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
Of course, he grabs the tools whenever he sees signs of one of those "banned editors" he's so fond of.
He is very active at using his tools very little.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:08 pm

He's fundamentally a bully.

He likes to use the threat of the tools perhaps even more than the actual blocking.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:40 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:Of course, he grabs the tools whenever he sees signs of one of those "banned editors" he's so fond of.
And other admins don't?
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Peter Damian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Peter Damian
Wikipedia Review Member: Peter Damian

Unread post by Peter Damian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Ah this is one of those lovely ‘heaven and hell’ articles that fascinate our JN466. An IP, the one who seems to know Mr Hochman, creates this splendid article with his help.
Ugo Colombo is a Miami residential and commercial real estate developer. Colombo was born in Milan, Italy, on March 2, 1961. His father owned a thermochemical plastics company. Mr. Colombo came to the United States in 1983. His real estate career began while he was studying at the University of Miami.

Mr. Colombo's real estate career began when he acquired and resold a group of foreclosed units from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. at the Imperial and Villa Regina condominium towers ([1]). Mr. Colombo then formed his company, CMC Group, and focused on the design and construction of high-rise luxury condominium buildings on Brickell Avenue, Miami Beach and Aventura.

Mr. Colombo has developed two residential towers on the Miami skyline - Bristol Tower and Santa Maria on Brickell Avenue - both of which helped redefine the condominium market in South Florida. He also played a significant role in the rejuvenation of Miami Beach’s South Beach community by redeveloping two of Ocean Drive’s most important Art Deco hotels: the Waldorf and Casa Grande. In partnership with Portman Holdings, Colombo’s CMC Group is one of two groups vying to redevelop Miami Beach’s aging convention center complex [2] In Aventura in North Miami-Dade County, Mr. Colombo participated in a joint venture to create the ultimate in country club living, Porto Vita, a Mediterranean-style village located along the Intracoastal Waterway.

Mr. Colombo’s most recent developments include Epic Residences and Hotel, a 55-story luxury condominium and hotel at the mouth of the Miami River in downtown Miami, and Grovenor House, a 166-unit luxury condominium project completed in 2006 in the heart of Miami’s Coconut Grove community. In 1994, Mr. Colombo acquired The Collection, a seven-franchise luxury automotive dealership (Jaguar, Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Audi and McLaren). Colombo bought The Collection after it had been seized by the U.S. government as part of a drug prosecution. Racing Buddy Bids for Car Dealership, Miami Herald, May 6, 1994</ref> Today, The Collection is ranked as one of the top-performing luxury car dealerships in the United States. In 2002, CMC Group completed a 750,000-square-foot mixed-use office/retail development in Coral Gables to house The Collection and third-party office and retail tenants. In addition to The Collection, 4000 Ponce offers 150,000 square feet of Class A office space and 32,000 square feet of ground-level retail space.

Also in 2002, Mr. Colombo formed Glasswall LLC, a Miami window-manufacturing company, to supply impact-resistant window systems for high-rise condominiums and other commercial properties. Glasswall has developed a number of window systems that exceed Miami-Dade County’s stringent code requirements and are approved for new projects throughout Florida. Glasswall recently has supplied windows for projects in Aventura, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Coconut Grove and Miami.

Mr. Colombo and his wife, Sara, live in Miami Beach. They support a variety of charitable causes in South Florida.
19:39, 28 January 2013‎
I love the bit about ‘variety of charitable causes’. This is like a Tshirt saying ‘I am a saint’, except it’s on the world’s favourite website. Then before you can say ‘revenge editing’, we get this nasty poisonous edit.
In June of 2012 Columbo and CMC Group were suspected of engaging in illegal business practices while bidding on overhauling the Miami Beach Convention Centre by paying ex-convict, Walter Garcia, $25000. CMC Group issued a statement acknowledging paying Garcia’s company, Peninsula Development, the $25000 for what they called “time and expenses that Peninsula said it incurred” during the bidding process. According to the statement, once Columbo and CMC Group realized Garcia’s connections to Miami Beach city’s purchasing director, Gus Lopez, whose job it was to oversee the bidding, all talks between the above mentioned parties were abruptly halted[4]. Lopez was later forced to resign when city officials realized that he was possibly rigging the process by assembling his own development team. Miami City Attorney Jose Smith issued a memo on 27 July 2012 stating that “there is no evidence suggesting that either CMC Group or Ugo Colombo engaged in any criminal wrongdoing” while bidding on the project[5].
16:39, 21 February 2013
An extra barnstar for positioning it just before the bit about charitable causes. Crowdsourcing at its best.
οὐκ ἀγαθὸν πολυκοιρανίη: εἷς κοίρανος ἔστω

Peter Damian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Peter Damian
Wikipedia Review Member: Peter Damian

Unread post by Peter Damian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Oh and this later edit is beautiful. Changes “In June 2012 Columbo and CMC Group were suspected of engaging in illegal business practices while bidding on overhauling the Miami Beach Convention Centre” to “In June 2012 Columbo and CMC Group were cleared of any wrongdoing by state authorities in a public corruption investigation involving the city of Miami Beach”. Always improving.
οὐκ ἀγαθὸν πολυκοιρανίη: εἷς κοίρανος ἔστω

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Peter Damian wrote:Oh and this later edit is beautiful. Changes “In June 2012 Columbo and CMC Group were suspected of engaging in illegal business practices while bidding on overhauling the Miami Beach Convention Centre” to “In June 2012 Columbo and CMC Group were cleared of any wrongdoing by state authorities in a public corruption investigation involving the city of Miami Beach”. Always improving.
And Jehochman did not like the questions about Ugo Colombo. As a matter of fact he did not like it so much that he forgot to complain about "banned editor" and even invited "banned editor" to continue the discussion on his own talk
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =593759663
I don't recall starting that article. Check the article history. Somebody asked me to look at it for BLP violations. Don't remember where the request was made. Could we relocate this discussion to my talk page? Jehochman Talk 18:28, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
He even started the discussion on his own talk

neved
Gregarious

Unread post by neved » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Another article Jehochman is involved with is I Can Read! (T-H-L)
Honestly I am not sure what to make of it ( does not look like a notable enough for Wikipedia's entry ) but I run a wikistalk on Jehochman and another contributor to this article: Shortride (T-C-L)
Here's what I got
Not sure it worth looking at.

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 am

enwikibadscience wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
12:44, 8 April 2011 Jehochman (talk | contribs) deleted page User:Jehochman/Transparency (U1: User request to delete page in own userspace)
lol

HRIP7
Denizen

Unread post by HRIP7 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:33 am

Someone on Jimmy Wales' talk page links to the discussion with Jehochman at http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/013098.html and says,
Not about said senior admin, but an eye opener[edit]
If you ever wondered why so many pop stars and TV shows have such well-maintained wiki pages, see the last part of [7] (about Comedy Central using wikipedia to promote their stuff: [Wikipedia] is "a top 5 traffic driver" [for them], they "are saving $20K a month by using wikipedia and the traffic is coming to comedycentral.com. [...] Wikipedia editors become decision makers. [...] If you are marketing content, make sure what is appearing in wikipedia."); info thanks to another SEO in a round-table discussion that aforementioned senior admin took part in. Someone not using his real name (talk) 23:12, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
The bit he's quoting from is this (from 2007):
Don Steele from Comedy Central is up next. He is here to talk about how wikipedia works with Comedy Central. Comedycentral.com is the online arm of Comedy Central Cable Channel. They use a lot of methods to market their content in a diverse manner we can create momentum, capitalize on buss and are constantly driving traffic to Comedy Central. He puts up a video of Steven Colbert about changing a wikipedia entry and that enough people believe it, then it becomes true. So why do we care about wikipedia? Traffic volume and soccues in SEO made wikipedia a vital channel for us to understand. Our content is highly reference and referred on Wikipedia. Make sure information is accurate and up to date. Make sure our site has the information being referenced. Wikipedia has become a relevant traffic driver to comedycentral.com. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report is an example that sends traffic. He says that they had 90,000 visits come from wikipedia in one month. It’s a top 5 traffic driver. He says they are saving $20K a month by using wikipedia and the traffic is coming to comedycentral.com. 9AM Wednesday morning they announce a new south park show. He shows an example of the wikipedai article. The episode plays on TV and then their appeared 900 entries on the southpark page about the episode and it becomes a little community about that episode. The Da Vinci code was really the Hair Club for Men and so on from the Southpark story. Don talks about the benefits of wikipedia. They identify relevant content and post references on discussion pages. Wikipedia editors become decision makers. All of our discussions have been added as they are relevant and do meet the standards. If you are marketing content, make sure what is appearing in wikipedia. Monitor traffic from wikipedia. Good presentation.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 am

mac wrote:
enwikibadscience wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
12:44, 8 April 2011 Jehochman (talk | contribs) deleted page User:Jehochman/Transparency (U1: User request to delete page in own userspace)
lol
Lol, yes, transparency deletion!

Eclipsed
Critic
Wikipedia User: 1Wiki8Q5G7FviTHBac3dx8HhdNYwDVstR
Wikipedia Review Member: Eclipsed

Unread post by Eclipsed » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 pm

This made me chuckle, from paid editor CorporateM (T-C-L)'s talk page:
I was hoping to bring public relations up to GA similar to how SEO pro User:Jehochman brought search engine optimization up to FA, starting out with various sub-articles like this one, but I now realize that may take many years. ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =593319553